Lightning moving at 1/3 the speed of light.

Imperious

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Do all projectile lightning techniques have a base speed of 1/3 the speed of lightning? Or only Kirin, being natural lightning?​

BenjerminGaye

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

Do all projectile lightning techniques have a base speed of 1/3 the speed of lightning? Or only Kirin, being natural lightning?​
good question.

Real world logic yes, all lightning techs should be at that speed.
Manga logic no. It's only kirin. Kakuzu's tech for example got out sped by kakashi.

It does open up a bigger question. Are elemental techs stronger when the use the actual element as a medium instead of using your chakra to create the medium.

I.e. Kisame's water sharks he spits out his mouth or the ones he forms out of preexisting water?

Last edited:

BenjerminGaye

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Sasuke's command happened before the activation of Susano'o, Itachi wasn't covered in chakra to say the least.

You must be registered for see images
it's impossible to tell in that scan -_- and it's illogical to assume sick itachi's reaction are that good when the man can't even dodge fuma shuriken.

Detonator99

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
good question.

Manga logic no. It's only kirin. Kakuzu's tech for example got out sped by kakashi.

It does open up a bigger question. Are elemental techs stronger when the use the actual element as a medium instead of using your chakra to create the medium.

I.e. Kisame's water sharks he spits out his mouth or the ones he forms out of preexisting water?
Wans't kakashi stated to be able to cut a lighting bolt in part 1? so i think it that feat of his holds a little bit of merit.

salamander uchiha

Legendary
Kin
9,043💸
Kumi
6,082💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Sasuke's command happened before the activation of Susano'o, Itachi wasn't covered in chakra to say the least.

This is Itachi we're talking about after all I wouldn't except anything less from him.

OT chakra is converted to lightning, then given form before being discharged, it isn't lightning itself so only kirin moves at lightning speed.

Last edited:

InfiniteMugen

KING
Legendary
Kin
110💸
Kumi
200💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
good question.

I think this is true, and further proven by how it was mentioned at one point how “amazing” tobirama was for being able to do such suiton jutsus without sources of water around, insinuating that a jutsu would be more powerful using the actual “raw” element like kirin did

BenjerminGaye

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
simple, plot
So you have no proof that itachi didn't have his susanoo activated but still wanna use the plot excuse. lol

Wans't kakashi stated to be able to cut a lighting bolt in part 1? so i think it that feat of his holds a little bit of merit.
well yeah but if we really hold kakashi to that then his physical speed and reactions would be way higher than they actually are. The only way the hype would hold true is if the "lightning bolt" he cut wasn't natural but shinobi made.

I think this is true, and further proven by how it was mentioned at one point how “amazing” tobirama was for being able to do such suiton jutsus without sources of water around, insinuating that a jutsu would be more powerful using the actual “raw” element like kirin did
I'd have to factor that in more debates.

Another follow up question tho. When Kisame spits out a lake as seen vs team guy.Does kisame get the "preexisting water" benefit.

DrProof

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
If Susano'o came out any earlier than the explosion, Zetsu and Sasuke would have seen it. They didn't, so it didn't.
So in your head, you think a sick, blind, and on the verge of dying Itachi dodged one of the fastest techniques presented in the manga? All based on a ridiculous notion that because Kishimoto didn't incorporate Zetsu, or Sasuke reacting to Susano'o's materialization it didn't happen. You really actually believe Itachi reacting to Kirin makes more sense than Itachi reacting to Sasuke's hand.

Alright lol.

InfiniteMugen

KING
Legendary
Kin
110💸
Kumi
200💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So you have no proof that itachi didn't have his susanoo activated but still wanna use the plot excuse. lol

well yeah but if we really hold kakashi to that then his physical speed and reactions would be way higher than they actually are. The only way the hype would hold true is if the "lightning bolt" he cut wasn't natural but shinobi made.

I'd have to factor that in more debates.

Another follow up question tho. When Kisame spits out a lake as seen vs team guy.Does kisame get the "preexisting water" benefit.
I don’t think so, simply cause if there was an existing water source there would of been even more water to begin with

The Necromancer

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So in your head, you think a sick, blind, and on the verge of dying Itachi dodged one of the fastest techniques presented in the manga? All based on a ridiculous notion that because Kishimoto didn't incorporate Zetsu, or Sasuke reacting to Susano'o's materialization it didn't happen. You really actually believe Itachi reacting to Kirin makes more sense than Itachi reacting to Sasuke's hand.

Alright lol.
If Susano'o came out any earlier than the explosion, Zetsu and Sasuke would have seen it. They didn't, so it didn't.
Within the contexts of the manga, he did. Kishimoto's literary technique has no bearing on the facts of the manga.

BenjerminGaye

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

Alright lol.
The guy makes it seem as if sasuke's or zetsu's eyes are infallible. Zetsu failed to see sasuke use oro substitution until itachi walked over to the corpse sasuke left behind. And the same applies to itachi even tho his ms is superior in tracking movements than sasuke's 3t. But you want me to believe that even tho that slipped past their eyes they're still gonna see itachi put up susanoo.

I don’t think so, simply cause if there was an existing water source there would of been even more water to begin with
So we're saying this water shark(s):

are inherently weaker than these:

because 1 comes from a present water source and the other comes from a pre existing water source made of chakra

Last edited: