xcoyote

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
How was Aang not realistic?He was portrayed as a kid his age,hated responsibilities,loved to play stupid games and was horny.

edit:ATLA>LOK because Gaang > Team Avatar(Mako,Bolin and Asami are boring and uninteresting), ATLA didnt tryhard with stupid romance subplots just to bait shipping fans,oh and the ending wasnt about two lesbos goin on vacation.

Last edited:

Horus

Elite
Kin
377💸
Kumi
79💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'm more interested in TLAB than Korra. I can't watch one episode of Korra twice, but I can do so for TLAB.
The character's were written better, had better characteristics and the storyline, although not dynamic like Korra's, was better.
This is purely opinionated.

elitenoob94

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
True. Plus, season 1 had a decent antagonist but the latter seasons were meh. I like how in A:TLA there was one villain throughout the whole series and it ended with that villain being brought down.

xcoyote

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
True. Plus, season 1 had a decent antagonist but the latter seasons were meh. I like how in A:TLA there was one villain throughout the whole series and it ended with that villain being brought down.
I disagree,if anything LOK's strong point was the antagonists,bloodbending bros and Zaheer >>>Ozai.

elitenoob94

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I disagree,if anything LOK's strong point was the antagonists,bloodbending bros and Zaheer >>>Ozai.
Yeah, but each one of them besides Amon fought for irrelevant goals, like what the hell was Kuvira for? Korra getting rekt by a fodder.

I also disagree with Korrasami, too. Very unexpected.

BenjerminGaye

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
That's because Korra had a lot to deal with. While Aang also had a lot to deal with, hewas childish and naive. He literally ended up in the iceberg because he ran from responsibility. Did you forget the episodes where Aang ran away in Book 5 after waking up on the fire nation ship? Did you miss where he developed insomnia because of his responsibilities? When Aang couldn't figure out Earthbending, he just went back to doing water instead of focusing on figuring out what he was doing wrong. When he got out of the iceberg, he didn't tell Katara and Sokka he was the Avatar. He never intended to at first, Aang was literally gonna just keep on playing his games while neglecting his Avatar duties if Zuko didn't show up. Korra was stressed about shit resulting in her complaining. Aang flaked and ran from shit that stressed him out. Don't let the nostalgia blind you, Aang had his shitty moments too. Lots of them.

And let's be real, like, real ****ing real. Look at the shit that stresses us out. School work, careers, paying bills. You bet your ass if you had the entire world as your responsibility 24/7 you'd be stressed out of your mind and complaining too. And what happened despite all of the complaining? She did it, didn't she? So yeah, I think Korra has earned herself some slack.
Bang bang. Talk to em.

BenjerminGaye

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
The reason ppl like aang more than korra is because of the way aang and korra is.

Aang is more of an introvert. Never wanting to be the avatar and always afraid of conflict. As such he shy's away from his problems till it blows up in his face making the situation worse. Ie learning earthbending, the war itself, dealing with ozai. On all three counts he ran till he was forced to act. Naturally you pedestrians sympathize with it. Saying "poor child". But in reality he should have manned up to his responsibilities. Took him 101 years to get it straight, and the planet suffered for it.

Korra on the the other hand is an extrovert. She identified with being avatar, and went out of her way to fulfill the role. As such when problems a rise she threw herself into the thick of it and (as tarlock so nicely put) goes to extremes to get what she wants if she feels it's best. Even when she's afraid of her opponents and opposition she still fights. That's her nature. This is seen when she challenges amon despite knowing he can take her bending, when she challenges unalaq and frees her father from prison despite it constituting as an act of war, when she hunted the red lotus even tho she's supposed to stay under lins guard and when she challenged kuvira.
As such she does escalate things. With korra it's always all or nothing. Instead of shying away and letting it blow up she throws oil on it. Fire to snuff out fire so to speak.

Both are flawed. But korra accomplished more in 4 years than aang did in his entire lifetime. Simply because she delt with her problems head on.

Lia

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hm you can't completely compare a show with 4 short major plots with each about 13 episodes.. and another show that has one major plot with about 60 episodes. So of course "The Legend of Korra is much more rushed than "The Last Airbender".
But if you want to do so.. then read this:

"TLoK" is much better than "TLA".
Why? Because the show itself and the topics of each season are much more mature and darker than anything from TLA. Just look at the villains.
Amon wanted equality for everyone, Unalaq brought the spirits and the humans together again.. Vaatu is the spirit of darkness, so opposite of the Avatar-spirit. Zaheer wanted anarchy which means limitless freedom for everyone. And Kuvira? She wanted order and a fearless nation.

What has TLA to offer? A few earth-bending bandits, a hired killer with combustion bending, a psychotic teenager "Azula" and the flattest, most boring villain ever "Ozai" who did not had any motives except the wish to see the world burn. Every villain of The Legend of Korra is by far better than all villains of TLA together.

Then there are the main characters.
Aang was a stupid, goofy and annoying kid. Sokka and Katara were also annoying in my opinion. The only reason why I watched "TLA" is the bending-world itself.. and some other characters like Iroh and Toph.
Korra on the other hand was at first a girl that loved to be the Avatar and to fight with others. Then she got destroyed by every villain, so her will was almost broken until she didn't want to be the Avatar anymore. She had much more development than Aang, do you agree? After some time with Katara, she met Toph and had to recover from their mental problems until she became the Avatar again and could stop Kuvira.

Then.. yeah.. there are a lot of people who are saying "Meh Korra only gets herself destroyed all the time, she is not as strong as Aang, she is a loser etc."
But that is just ridiculous, just look closer to it, guys. The Avatar is the most overpowered beeing in the world, no one could stay a chance when the Avatar is in the Avatar-state. It would be sooo boring and shitty if any Avatar (Aang/Korra) would just destroy their enemy in the blink of an eye. Except of the Spirit of Darkness, Vaatu, there couldn't be anyone even close to the Avatar when it comes to power.
Aang and Korra struggled with their Avatar-state, so the shows were interesting. Once they were in the state, every villain (except Zaheer) ran away and got completely destroyed.

Korras journey is much darker and much more mature than Aang's.. and Korra achieved much more in the world in a few years than Aang ever did in his entire lifetime.

There is only one thing that sucks in "The Legend of Korra".. and that is the love-triangle BS with Mako, Korra and Asami in the first two seasons. There was no reason for Korra to fall in love with Mako except that he is a "good looking, emotionless guy". Nothing more than a teenager-crush. But after all this time, Korra found out what true love means and got Asami on her side.
'Korrasami' is a good redemption for this love-triangle crap from the first two seasons.

And man... BenjerminGaye, I love your posts. You get it every time! :D

Last edited:

Kiiszame

Regular
Kin
1💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The best thing about LOK was the sub story on avatar Wan.

Aang at 21 years old >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> korra at 21.

Her avatar state was subpar at best.

Aang could take away bending and give it back to anyone.
If it wasn't for Aang, Korra would have never been able to bend any other element other than air for the rest of her life!!!
Aang gave her bending back after Amon took it. Never forget.

Saikyokami

Legendary
Kin
20💸
Kumi
624💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I went back to watching The Last Air Bender after finishing/catching up with Legend of Korra and it made me realize how moany and full of complaints Korra was throughout the whole freaking series. I've said this a couple times but thought I'd make a thread and see if someone disagrees.

Aang literally woke up to find that the world was in massive trouble with the war, all his people had died, there was nothing left of his home... This guy didn't even have anyone to teach him or guide him throughout.

Korra had both her parents, and Tenzin constantly helping her figure shit out and guiding her yet she still complained every other episode. In short, I'm just disappointed at how shitty they made Korra to be when compared to her predecessor.
What you just described my friend is every teenager in america.

Korra actually had development and was a way more interesting character than Aang.
Aang was just ridiculous and his behavior wasn't that realistic.
Not entirely true.... he acted like a 12 year old, which was how old he was physically.

Last edited:

BenjerminGaye

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
The best thing about LOK was the sub story on avatar Wan.

Aang at 21 years old >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> korra at 21.

Her avatar state was subpar at best.

Aang could take away bending and give it back to anyone.
If it wasn't for Aang, Korra would have never been able to bend any other element other than air for the rest of her life!!!
Aang gave her bending back after Amon took it. Never forget.
The moment she unlocked the avatar state she gained his abilities. That includes energybending.

She would have gotten it back.

Hyperion

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It is more about preference and popular opinion than fact.

Two different characters, two different series, same outcomes.

I prefer TLA. The character development, plot development and overall setting of the plot in TLA was vastly superior than LoK.
TLA actually gave the feel of a fantasy world in a different time period. LoK gave the feel of the Industrial Era with Republic City and they technology of the time.

Season 1 of LoK was phenomenal with character development and Korra even awakening her air-bending when Amon(however you spell his name) took away her other bending.
After that was complete nonsense.

TLA had quite the development and ventured to many places due to Aangs character.

Korra should have shown that she was capable of eclipsing every other Avatar who came before her with her abilities, not just because she became the first Avatar to Metalbend but she encountered a Psychic Blood Bender, and barely survived, a Spirit Bender, a flying Air Bender, whom she lost to, and a maniacal Metalbender, whom she got vengeance on.
The Avatar state wasn't even the pinnacle of the series either, it had become a rather second fiddle ability.

More or less it is what it is.

I prefer TLA. If you want to argue my points, go ahead you internet lawyers.

/out