Legendary
Kin
551💸
Kumi
1,094💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I went back to watching The Last Air Bender after finishing/catching up with Legend of Korra and it made me realize how moany and full of complaints Korra was throughout the whole freaking series. I've said this a couple times but thought I'd make a thread and see if someone disagrees.

Aang literally woke up to find that the world was in massive trouble with the war, all his people had died, there was nothing left of his home... This guy didn't even have anyone to teach him or guide him throughout.

Korra had both her parents, and Tenzin constantly helping her figure shit out and guiding her yet she still complained every other episode. In short, I'm just disappointed at how shitty they made Korra to be when compared to her predecessor.

Erzo

Legendary
Kin
551💸
Kumi
1,094💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I personally enjoyed The legend of Korra more than The last airbender.
I think my title is misleading. Don't get me wrong, the series as a whole isn't something I disliked. Their were some great characters, but Korra, the Avatar herself is the one character that pissed me off. z__z

I should have made the title Aang vs Korra.

Bantos

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I think my title is misleading. Don't get me wrong, the series as a whole isn't something I disliked. Their were some great characters, but Korra, the Avatar herself is the one character that pissed me off. z__z

I should have made the title Aang vs Korra.
Korra actually had development and was a way more interesting character than Aang.
Aang was just ridiculous and his behavior wasn't that realistic.

Erzo

Legendary
Kin
551💸
Kumi
1,094💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Korra actually had development and was a way more interesting character than Aang.
Aang was a 12 year old kid... I think his behaviour was very realistic.

She was also traumatized way too easily z.z
Exactly. She was the avatar, she can't let that happen to her constantly. I mean I know she's only human, but it was way too much.

Bantos

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Korra? TF . How? Cause she turned gay.?
Aangs was way more stone cold solid
She's simply a better written character that had proper growth trough the series. She's also way more realistic than Aang.
Korra and Asami are obviously bisexual as they felt attraction towards Mako as well.

Aang was a 12 year old kid... I think his behaviour was very realistic.

Exactly. She was the avatar, she can't let that happen to her constantly. I mean I know she's only human, but it was way too much.
I believe he acted too much like an adult for a 12 year old.

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
1,664💸
Kumi
11,569💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
That's because Korra had a lot to deal with. While Aang also had a lot to deal with, hewas childish and naive. He literally ended up in the iceberg because he ran from responsibility. Did you forget the episodes where Aang ran away in Book 5 after waking up on the fire nation ship? Did you miss where he developed insomnia because of his responsibilities? When Aang couldn't figure out Earthbending, he just went back to doing water instead of focusing on figuring out what he was doing wrong. When he got out of the iceberg, he didn't tell Katara and Sokka he was the Avatar. He never intended to at first, Aang was literally gonna just keep on playing his games while neglecting his Avatar duties if Zuko didn't show up. Korra was stressed about shit resulting in her complaining. Aang flaked and ran from shit that stressed him out. Don't let the nostalgia blind you, Aang had his shitty moments too. Lots of them.

And let's be real, like, real ****ing real. Look at the shit that stresses us out. School work, careers, paying bills. You bet your ass if you had the entire world as your responsibility 24/7 you'd be stressed out of your mind and complaining too. And what happened despite all of the complaining? She did it, didn't she? So yeah, I think Korra has earned herself some slack.

Last edited:

Negative Knight

Legendary
Kin
806💸
Kumi
5,938💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
She's simply a better written character that had proper growth trough the series. She's also way more realistic than Aang.
Korra and Asami are obviously bisexual as they felt attraction towards Mako as well.

I believe he acted too much like an adult for a 12 year old.
Not really. He couldn't even bring himself to kill Ozai.

SupremeWater

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
That's because Korra had a lot to deal with. While Aang also had a lot to deal with, hewas childish and naive. He literally ended up in the iceberg because he ran from responsibility. Did you forget the episodes where Aang ran away in Book 5 after waking up on the fire nation ship? Did you miss where he developed insomnia because of his responsibilities? When Aang couldn't figure out Earthbending, he just went back to doing water instead of focusing on figuring out what he was doing wrong. Korra was stressed about shit resulting in her complaining. Aang flaked and ran from shit that stressed him out. Don't let the nostalgia blind you, Aang had his shitty moments too. Lots of them.
^^^ This . Legend of korra was so much cooler , in comparison to lame ATLA

AnimusOra

Veteran
Kin
25💸
Kumi
2,253💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I liked both of the series as a whole Legend of Korra had a good story line and i feel like it had some more comedic characters than the Last Airbender. But i do feel that the Last Airbender had more lore story and darkness to it compared to Legend of Korra. You made a great point about Aang being the last of his kind. Compared to that Korra doesn't have anything to say in regards to that. Plus, their age differences in the story were significantly different and Aang had way more wisdom and maturity than Korra ever had. Aang was more of a goofball at times, but his teaching with the monks and previous Avatars made him and incredible Avatar. That will always be Korra's downfall is that she does not have access to the past Avatars anymore. She can never regain the wisdom from them like Aang could have.

iNotorious

Immortal
Kin
808💸
Kumi
5,854💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I liked both of the series as a whole Legend of Korra had a good story line and i feel like it had some more comedic characters than the Last Airbender. But i do feel that the Last Airbender had more lore story and darkness to it compared to Legend of Korra. You made a great point about Aang being the last of his kind. Compared to that Korra doesn't have anything to say in regards to that. Plus, their age differences in the story were significantly different and Aang had way more wisdom and maturity than Korra ever had. Aang was more of a goofball at times, but his teaching with the monks and previous Avatars made him and incredible Avatar. That will always be Korra's downfall is that she does not have access to the past Avatars anymore. She can never regain the wisdom from them like Aang could have.
So she cannot go into the avatar state?

Raxido

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
whut.. how?

And yea ofcourse Korra had more development cuz she always had problems and complaints like OP said. Most of the cast in The last Airbender was "ridiculous" and thats what made it a better show.

Raxido

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
That's exactly one of the reasons. He was so merciful and he hadn't even hit puberty yet.
I'd say it was an adult thing to do.
He was merciful cuz he was a good person. And the way you said that, implies that you believe children would be okay for the kill, i simply dont see that happening. I mean sure if the kid was clouded or crazy then yeah would probably gut Ozai but in that case he is the Avatar and at that point he was already aware of his responsibilities and how to deal with them in the proper way.

Case cleared?

Vandenreich

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Korra >>> Aang
She bought the Air Nomads back.
Won a fight that occurs every 10000 years.
Created a new spirit portal.
Is prettier.
Her gf is prettier.

And that's only a fraction of it.