nightwolf888

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I disagree. I am pretty sure I can safely say that you assume that being lgbt is just something a person is pretty much born with, and is never subject to change. That is your theology(assuming my assumptions are correct)

Meanwhile I have a different theology that I will not discuss here to get off topic. I would be more than happy to elaborate over pm if you want. But under my theology on the lgbt kind of thing, korra asami did not feel to out of place.

While I really did not like korrasami pairing, I must say that the creators of the show did a good job with its development. They developed it really smoothly.

I really wouldve like the ending more without it, and korra and asami as just really really good friends. I really could care less if I am the only one who thinks this way.

Other than the pairing, I enjoyed the finale. I was somewhat surprised with the speed varricks relationship moved. The wedding was good as well. I didnt expect the wedding so soon.

The giant mecha suit was well done as a serious threat, and actually had moments where serious injuries and sacrifices occurred. There were plenty of moments where I actually had to consider whether they would take someone out or not. Kuvira vs korra couldve lasted longer, and we couldve seen more action from kuvira meteorite bending. The creation of a 3rd spirit portal was really unexpected, and a interesting surprise. Wus develpment really was pretty good considering what time they had to do it in.

All in all it was a good finale. I look forward to the books that will be made in the future. Also I hope a book will be briefly made about the next avatar after korra. It would be interesting to see how the world changed after the end of her life, and what challenges the new avatar would face, especially given the massive changes which occurred under korras life.

Finally to conclude about the series. Really I think the only thing the series really needs, is a filler book. Something to fill in between book 1 and book 2. Something that would steadily build to korras emotional fits she had in book 2.

Something that shows how the equalist movement just collapsed after amons revelation.

Because the main part that feels clunky in the series is the sudden jolt of no more equalists(as if it never happened), and suddenly moody troubling relationship korra. If they slowly turned down the equalist, and slowly introduced problems in korras relationship, that begin to get her moody, then that would make book 2 much better, which would ultimately make the series feel much smoother.

Given the structure and fast pacing of korras storyline, my original idea of adding "episodes" to each season wouldnt really fit like it would in TLA. In TLA you had a slower storyline, and could easily insert more episodes, especially with all the travelling and having the appa express readily available.

All in all having rewatched both series, I like TLA better. But TLK I think, was a close second, and was really really interesting. In many ways each series reflected the avatar it was based on. TLA was a more subtle long change, and was better as a whole. TLK was full of big, outgoing, headstrong change. Just like aang was more passive and peaceful, while becoming more and more active, and korra more bold and outgoing, while becoming more peaceful.
actually i don't need need a pm with to talk about this with you nor will i, i have my opinion and my personal expirence with my gay friends and that's enough for me

Why was korra gay? This is the first gay pairing I've seen in my entire life. So it seems like americans want there kids to be gay and lesbians since this show was meant for kids.
dude really? like being gay or lesbian is bad? their actually not trying to turn anyone gay , their trying to inclusive, gay and lesbian couples exist and they shouldn't be cencored , patheic and suprising to see homophobia amongst the anime/manga community

Last edited by a moderator:

BenjerminGaye

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
You must be registered for see images

dude really? like being gay or lesbian is bad? their actually not trying to turn anyone gay , their trying to inclusive, gay and lesbian couples exist and they shouldn't be cencored , patheic and suprising to see homophobia amongst the anime/manga community
It's better than the ridiculous over sexualization that Japan forces on us.

Last edited by a moderator:

BenjerminGaye

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
i agree , there was nothing wrong with scene , just because it was ppl of the same gender doessn't mean there is something wrong it, there was even a kiss , i really thought the scene showed how true love works
A kiss isn't needed. That's why I always liked the ship. Best friends or romantic lovers it's up to you.

One things 4 certain tho they're there for each other.

If you noticed asami is the only one willing to drop everything when it comes to helping korra at her lowest.

nightwolf888

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
A kiss isn't needed. That's why I always liked the ship. Best friends or romantic lovers it's up to you.

One things 4 certain tho they're there for each other.

If you noticed asami is the only one willing to drop everything when it comes to helping korra at her lowest.
i agree, i think a kiss would have made it felt rused

Bantos

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The episode was awesome and the only pairing that could have happened is Korra/Asami.
Both episodes were really great in my opinion, and I adore the ending.

Why was korra gay? This is the first gay pairing I've seen in my entire life. So it seems like americans want there kids to be gay and lesbians since this show was meant for kids.
How will this affect on which *** will the children in the future to be attracted to?
You make absolutely no sense whatsoever. You should understand that homosexual and bisexual people exists, I never saw any gay couple ever in my childhoods cartoons, and I'm still gay. :|

Last edited:

RedRobin

Legendary
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
All the fights in Avatar are simply amazing. The fluid movement of bending has always looked great!

What a finale. I would have liked more 1 on 1 stuff instead of trying to take the mecha down for half the finale but it was still a nice fight. Mako was just awesome with that lightning.

The creators implied stuff in the ending sure but nothing was confirmed so everyone can see the ending how they want to. But very interesting that the creators did what they did. In the end Korra getting off TV and moving to streaming online was the best choice.

Hyperion

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
A dumb ending. The plot for this series of Avatar was overall disappointing.

Would have like to have seen more development with Korra and her abilities.
She seems to have peaked in that area.

It would be awesome if she were capable of discovering the extremes of each bending ability as well as cross abilities that may exist.
She is the first avatar to Metal bend. Would like to see her psychic bend, blood bend, fly, lava bend etc.

Kai NB

Legendary
Kin
640💸
Kumi
6,987💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Okay, seriously it's on everyone's mind, Korra and Asami

Now you can look at in two ways

1) They didn't do anything so they're just friends (Suuurrre)
2) It's official!

The thing is, why did they really add it? Like, did anyone else feel that there was a connection? It just stood out to me. Like with Mako and Korra, there was development, but was there any with these two? Definitely no obvious development for me

- Other than that, I like the episode, Mako using Lightning was nice since we haven't seen him do that in a while, Kuvira staying strong.
- I like how Su didn't just forgive and forget, so it's definitely reasonable.
- When Milo was holding onto Tenzin and falling down the building, I could've sworn he was going to Fartbend to cushion the fall, but they fooled me.
- Third Spirit Portal? Like really nice twist actually. I'm still trying to understand more of the significance to it, cause it does seem like there was no point, though I'm not sure yet
- Wu, you go man, I knew you'd turn out good. (And good luck with that singing career!)

Still have lots of unanswered questions though that bothers me -'.'-
- Sokka
- The Beifong's father(s)
- Korra's past lives

Also, with the third spirit portal, what's gonna happen next Harmonic Convergence? Maybe there will be the Spirit of Light (Raava), Spirit of Darkness (Vaatu), and the Spirit of Neutrality (A 3rd One Which May be like a Yin-Yang Mix???)

Too bad the series is over though

It was fun though!

Last edited:
Reactions: Icelerate

Tartarus

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Book 4 was decent but I feel it was kind of step down from B3. Despite knowing Book 2 was the worst written I still feel like it better compliments Book 3 as a cohesive story than book 4.
In all honesty, I feel like Unaloq should have somehow been the final villain and the Red Lotus could have been cool overarching villains. For change being one of the major themes of LoK, the final season felt like a rehash of the fire nation. For all the crap I may give season 2, it at least felt pretty big.You had the Varrick's warmongering conspiracy, tensions between Korra's family, the dark spirits, avatar Wan, and the revival of Vatu coming. I feel like this all should have been saved for the finale, but Nick kinda screwed them over on that.

My other issue that I feel like people are squealing over Korrasami just because it's "progressive" even though there's really no reason for them to be romantically interested in each other. I mean the ending really felt kinda empty. Despite how much change Korra has caused by opening the spirit portal, I just didn't feel it addressed in the final season.

Reactions: Icelerate

xanonymosx

Banned
Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
i hate what they did to mako they are just shoving him to the corner until the finale then he can do somthing cool with his lightining what a waste of a chrarcter

and what with this korrsami thing cant two girls go for a trip without being accused with homosexuality? Lol

Lia

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The Legend of Korra is so much better than the original series. The stories may be a lot shorter.. but on the other hand, the story is much deeper, much more mature, much darker and much more serious than back then when goofy Aang or Sokka were sooo annoying and the firelord was a boring and flat character.

- The music... man... these are the best soundtracks. EVER. I cried
- Varrick asks Zhu Li to do "the thing" for the rest of their lives -> I cried
- Asamis Dad gets killed -> I cried
- Korra vs. Kuvira -> totally awesome
- Mako playing the hero -> awesome and a there is a cool scar on his arm now (but I still don't like him.. this love-triangle was stupid as f*ck back then)
- Republic City gets completely destroyed, giant spirit-nuke explosion, Korra saving Kuvira -> I nearly cried, so intense!
- Kuvira getting "talk no jutsu"d -> also great and not ridiculous like the Naruto ones
- Korrasami -> heeeeeeeeeeell yeah! I didn't expect that Bryke would have the guts to do "the thing"! Awesome!

It was good but Kuvira and Korra were the best characters in the finale... Kuvira's emotional breakdown and juxposition to Korra was well done and provides both character with more depth and development... Zelda Williams deserves a lot of credit..
Oh yeah. I loved every scene with them. Zelda Williams did a great job. Her voice is so beautiful and fits Kuvira perfectly. This show is a masterpiece.

Being gay is not a bad thing. I like how Mike and Bryan showed this gay couple in the end. It is a kids show and the kids should get in contact with topics like homosexuality as soon as possible to consider it as "okay" or "normal". There are far too much intolerant people out there.. so at least the next generation should be raised correctly. So those homophobic idiots in our society become extinct slowly.

i hate what they did to mako they are just shoving him to the corner until the finale then he can do somthing cool with his lightining what a waste of a chrarcter.
Well.. Mako is an unlikeable idiot. His lightning-bending moment in the finale was the best he could get. I'm glad that he wasn't in the focus very much.. because yeah.. his storyline and the love-triangle with him, Korra and Asami was so stupid and makes Mako a very bad character.

BusinessManTeno

Supreme
Kin
2,903💸
Kumi
10,493💴
Trait Points
60⚔️
Awards
I couldnt have asked for a better finale <3 the KorrAsami ship is cannon which is great <3 and the line that Tenzin said "Just remember that in a couple of years you changed the world more than most avatars do in their lift time" such a great moment. Korra also showing that she wants to learn more makes it seems like she will not only travel but learn every type of bending possible.

Edit: just realized since Korra took Asami to the spirit world Asami will probably meet Iroh <3
Ummmmm
Shes a disgrace to the avatar.
Why would they make korra gay? That not only disgrace the avatars name, but its unnatural to have gays/lesbian in a childrens cartoon. Its sending out a wrong message.

2.) She changed the world more then any avatars cause she ****ed it up. She opened the portal which she wasnt supposed to. She is honestly the cause for everything that went wrong. So yes she did do more in her life time for the good cause no avatar ****ed up as many times as she did

3.) Her learning every bending? LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO but she couldnt even get a little bit of metal out her body with pmsing. Shes a fail avatar. And everytime I look at aang and all the previous avatars and her it disgrace me. Aang could have took out every single villian together in the LOK . Shes sad man.

#BringBackAang

she also makes avatar mode seems so horrible. OMG

0/5

RedRobin

Legendary
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Ummmmm
Why would they make korra gay? That not only disgrace the avatars name, but its unnatural to have gays/lesbian in a childrens cartoon. Its sending out a wrong message.

2.) She changed the world more then any avatars cause she ****ed it up. She opened the portal which she wasnt supposed to. She is honestly the cause for everything that went wrong. So yes she did do more in her life time for the good cause no avatar ****ed up as many times as she did

3.) Her learning every bending? LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO but she couldnt even get a little bit of metal out her body with pmsing. Shes a fail avatar. And everytime I look at aang and all the previous avatars and her it disgrace me. Aang could have took out every single villian together in the LOK . Shes sad man.

#BringBackAang

0/5
I couldnt dislike this more.

Korra.

Sage of Snakes
Supreme
Kin
2,212💸
Kumi
4,343💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Ummmmm

#BringBackAang

0/5
That alone shows why I have no respect for this post

Kooljay

Veteran
Kin
3,532💸
Kumi
7,534💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Ummmmm

Why is the avatar being homosexual a disgrace also why can gays be in a childrens show and what wrong message is being sent out. Nobody can prove Korra is gay while there is evidence that her and Asami are heterosexual. They were in a love triangle with the same guy for pete's sake. Then theres the fact that children probably arent as ignorant as you and won't think to assume Korra is gay based off her going on a vacation with her closest friend who happens to be of the same ***.

How did she f*** it up. The villians messed it up. Them and solely them and their followers hold the responsibility of destroying the world. Had none of them existed, the world would have been fine. How do you know no Avatar messed up as much as her. Do you have information on the hundred or so Avatars? No? Okay then.

she also makes avatar mode seems so horrible.
Your argument doesnt hold any weight. Being able to bend fire, air, and water has no relation to her skill as a metal bender. You also ignore the fact that she wasnt full power and even Suyin, whos been metal bending before Korra was born, couldnt get everything out. In fact the only person who didnt have trouble with it was Toph who created the art. WHy are you comparing her to every other avatar when you have little to no knowledge on the trials and tribulations they had to go through.

Aang could have took out every single villain? He was Yakone's b**** for at least 10 seconds. In that time Kuvira could metalbend a bullet into his skull. If Yakone wasnt an idiot he could just break Aang'd neck instead twisting every limb and his body before actually using bloodbending for lethal purposes.

Bantos

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
so 2 girls hold hands = lesbian? o_O Did the creators say they are lesbian?
If they were like Bolin and Korra walking in the spirit world hand in hand and then gazing in eachothers eyes you would say that they're canon now.

It's obvious that Korrasami is canon. People can deny the truth if they want to, though.