Veteran
Kin
1,110💸
Kumi
10,495💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
The mythology IS really cool yeah. I've read lots of it. Also, yeet. I'm aware of the incomplete form. Here's a usage example.
------------------------
Azuma stared at the incoming fireball; gargantuan, truly. It towered over the very trees of the forest around him, knocking them over, not even bothering to ignite them simply due to its sheer gravitas. Despite this, he wasn't scared. He knew this technique. He knew how to defend against it, just as well. At a moment's notice, his eyes flickered through their stages of evolution, quickly arriving at his newest addition to his arsenal; the Mangkeyo Sharingan. Immediately afterwards, a light-green haze of chakra began to seep out of his body, swirling around him before solidifying and taking the form of a ribcage. The fireball made contact with him, and as his opponent had intended, exploded.

A moment passed.

Then, upon the dust clearing, despite the ruined wasteland that the attack had left in its wake, Azuma stood firm, not a speck of dust on him which had not been there before. He relaxed both of his eyes as the ribcage disipated, taking a deep breath. Powerful; but exhausting.

Pervyy

Immortal
Kin
3,688💸
Kumi
31,205💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The mythology IS really cool yeah. I've read lots of it. Also, yeet. I'm aware of the incomplete form. Here's a usage example.
------------------------
Azuma stared at the incoming fireball; gargantuan, truly. It towered over the very trees of the forest around him, knocking them over, not even bothering to ignite them simply due to its sheer gravitas. Despite this, he wasn't scared. He knew this technique. He knew how to defend against it, just as well. At a moment's notice, his eyes flickered through their stages of evolution, quickly arriving at his newest addition to his arsenal; the Mangkeyo Sharingan. Immediately afterwards, a light-green haze of chakra began to seep out of his body, swirling around him before solidifying and taking the form of a ribcage. The fireball made contact with him, and as his opponent had intended, exploded.

A moment passed.

Then, upon the dust clearing, despite the ruined wasteland that the attack had left in its wake, Azuma stood firm, not a speck of dust on him which had not been there before. He relaxed both of his eyes as the ribcage disipated, taking a deep breath. Powerful; but exhausting.
Good for you O_<

Right now we get onto the true stuff. Lets do about the fluff behind it. In the series tell me how Izanagi and Izanami are connected.

Anbu Kirito

Veteran
Kin
1,110💸
Kumi
10,495💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
So. Izanagi, the first of the two that we see, is an ability referred to as a Sharingan user's ultimate ability (initially). This was of course, later retconned with EVEN MORE BROKEN techniques, but in essence is still incredibly powerful. As an ability which allowed the user to cheat death at the cost of a Sharingan eye via editing an event in the flow of time, this technique was frequently abused by many a power-hungry Uchiha. Izanami was thus created to discipline those power-hungry people; a technique which defines the destiny of those who sought to change it so frequently, as Itachi once said. It does this by taking a user-determined moment in time and applying it to the psyche of the target. The target will then infinitely relive this moment until they wholy and truly acknowledge the mistake or error they have made.

Pervyy

Immortal
Kin
3,688💸
Kumi
31,205💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So. Izanagi, the first of the two that we see, is an ability referred to as a Sharingan user's ultimate ability (initially). This was of course, later retconned with EVEN MORE BROKEN techniques, but in essence is still incredibly powerful. As an ability which allowed the user to cheat death at the cost of a Sharingan eye via editing an event in the flow of time, this technique was frequently abused by many a power-hungry Uchiha. Izanami was thus created to discipline those power-hungry people; a technique which defines the destiny of those who sought to change it so frequently, as Itachi once said. It does this by taking a user-determined moment in time and applying it to the psyche of the target. The target will then infinitely relive this moment until they wholy and truly acknowledge the mistake or error they have made.
Good analysis but lets go in a bit more depth. Izanagi lets you re write your fate, Izanami makes you accept your fate. It's the core to the dynamic.

Now, lets look at Izanagi. Break it down in how it works, it's limits etc. Any questions you may have too.

Anbu Kirito

Veteran
Kin
1,110💸
Kumi
10,495💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Yeah, I didn't explain that super well. Regardless;

Izanagi basically lets you take a moment in time in which you would die or take damage, and make it so that it was actually only a genjutsu. Basically, it replaces an event in time with an illusion perceived by the target, thus erasing said damage and/or death from the real world. It is a genjutsu that you cast on a past reality. This is, as you may guess, a hilariously overpowered ability which effectively acts as a no-questions-asked get out of jail free card. The only stipulation to this absurd level of power is its cost; one of the user's Sharingan eyes.

Since I know you're gonna ask about Izanami next; Izanami is a tool, as I explained which directly counters Izanagi. Izanagi is a technique which allows one to change their destiny whilst Izanami forces its target to confront the reality they have been dealt. The user does this by selecting a set of linked points in time and memorizing the exact sensations of each moment during the duration of that set of time. They then use this information to cast a genjutsu on the opponent, causing them to relive the moments selected endlessly in a loop, the sensations growing more and more prominent with each run through. This forces the opponent to confront their reality and accept it; this is the only way to escape Izanagi. It also, of course, comes at the cost of a sharingan eye.

Last edited:

Pervyy

Immortal
Kin
3,688💸
Kumi
31,205💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yeah, I didn't explain that super well. Regardless;

Izanagi basically lets you take a moment in time in which you would die or take damage, and make it so that it was actually only a genjutsu. Basically, it replaces an event in time with an illusion perceived by the target, thus erasing said damage and/or death from the real world. It is a genjutsu that you cast on a past reality. This is, as you may guess, a hilariously overpowered ability which effectively acts as a no-questions-asked get out of jail free card. The only stipulation to this absurd level of power is its cost; one of the user's Sharingan eyes.

Since I know you're gonna ask about Izanami next; Izanami is a tool, as I explained which directly counters Izanagi. Izanagi is a technique which allows one to change their destiny whilst Izanami forces its target to confront the reality they have been dealt. The user does this by selecting a set of linked points in time and memorizing the exact sensations of each moment during the duration of that set of time. They then use this information to cast a genjutsu on the opponent, causing them to relive the moments selected endlessly in a loop, the sensations growing more and more prominent with each run through. This forces the opponent to confront their reality and accept it; this is the only way to escape Izanagi. It also, of course, comes at the cost of a sharingan eye.
I'll come back to izanami, but izanagi isn't just a reset button for yourself. You're re writing fate, what happened etc. Some uses more extreme that others:

Danzo: He needed the handseals for his, due to it being implanted, he used his like he was playing halo and could respawn. He would undo his death and even rewrite where he was on the field.

Madara: Used a seal to do a delayed reset, undo his death.

Now:

( Doujutsu: Izanagi ) – Eye Technique: Izanagi
Type: Supplementary
Range: N/A
Chakra cost: 100
Damage points: N/A ( loss of a Sharingan eye )
Description: Izanagi is a Genjutsu that is intended to be cast upon oneself and not the enemy though it actually seems to imbue reality with the users will and alter it according to his own needs. When activated the user removes the boundaries between reality and illusion and bends it to achieve the best outcome to his situation. In a certain degree this allows the user to control their own state of existence as well as that of those around him. However, this is only maintained for the briefest of moments. When activated it is capable of turning an injury or even death into an illusion allowing the user to escape harm, but not without a grave cost. The use of this technique results in the loss of a Sharingan eye. The technique essentially allows the user to alter reality and negate any event that might have happened in the last moments of battle (negates anything that has happened to either the user or the enemy in the last 2 turns), the only exception being his own chakra levels.
Note: This version can only be used by Uchiha Bios with access to MS/EMS
Note: Can only be used twice per battle, once per eye, rendering the used eye blind for the rest of the match, even if the user has EMS
Note: Those around the user as well as the user are well aware of the altered reality though they cannot do anything to change it

It controls the fate of those around you too. FOr example, if someone was in the 8th gate, you can make it so they are no longer in the 8th gate, but all the damage be done. Remove modes, buffs etc. You just can't say "Oh you no long have an arm" or that they are dead. It has to undo something and make something possible. You have a 2 turn window to pick from. Plan to use this to it's optimum, not as a last resort.

Pervyy

Immortal
Kin
3,688💸
Kumi
31,205💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Jesus its even more broken than I thought. Okay, so it isnt just your own past but the overall status of reality and fate. Good to know.
"The technique essentially allows the user to alter reality and negate any event that might have happened in the last moments of battle "

Izanagi was a way to change fate, Izanami forces you to accept your fate. Now i'll let the jutsu explain this one in it's method and how it works, let me know if you have any questions

( Doujutsu: Izanami ) - Eye Technique: Izanami
Type: Offensive/Supplementary
Range: Short
Chakra Cost: 100
Damage: N/A ( loss of a Sharingan eye )
Description: Izanami is one of the ultimate techniques of the Uchiha clan, said to have been created to deal with Izanagi users that went mad or abused it. It is a genjutsu which affects the target through physical sensations shared between them and the user. Like its counterpart, in exchange for the temporary ability that it grants the user, the Sharingan with which Izanami is cast is sealed away and loses its light forever, leftblind for the rest of the match. According to Itachi, this technique and Izanagi form a pair, but while Izanagi is a technique capable of altering destiny, Izanami is instead one that "decides" it. To begin the technique, after selecting any arbitrary moment, the caster uses their Sharingan to remember the physical sensations and every detail that surrounds him and his opponent as well as the information gathered by all his senses and that of their opponent's during that instant like a photograph. The user must then intentionally replicate the same sensation, feeling and moment and in the same way, memorise it with their Sharingan. Then, upon casting the technique, Izanami overlaps and connects these two identical "moments" as well as the flow of time between them, creating an infinite loop of events that entraps the opponent's consciousness. Whilst under the effects of the technique, the target stands motionlessly as the loop of events continually replays inside their mind. Each time a loop is repeated, any physical damage incurred is reset as it were before the start of the loop. Despite being able to become consciously aware of their situation and act differently, the victim is unable to significantly alter or escape from the inevitable progression of these events. However, because this technique was created to reprimand and save the users of Izanagi, the victim is able to escape the infinite loop if they can acknowledge the real results of their actions and in doing so, accept their fate.
Note: Can only be used by Uchiha bios and the user must have mastered all Sharingan Genjutsu as well as gained access to MS or EMS, even if he doesn't need it to cast the illusion.
Note: Can only be used once per eye, after which the used eye loses its light for the rest of the fight.
Note: Doesn't require eye contact and takes 2 turns to set up and then trigger, during which the user can't use Genjutsu on the enemy.
Note: The user is left noticeably exhausted once the technique is fully triggered, while the target is left locked inside the illusion for up to 3 turns, unable to move or be aware of anything from the real world during that time. During those 3 turns, the user can make use of Genjutsu to interrogate the target freely without him knowing. After the 3 turns pass, the target is released but left in an exausted state, unable to fight or flee.
Note: Once triggered, target can't release himself from the illusion for the full 3 turns.

Anbu Kirito

Veteran
Kin
1,110💸
Kumi
10,495💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
If you hit this, you basically win. But yeah, its an illusion triggered via the linking of two identical sets of physical sensations occuring at two different points in time.

Anbu Kirito

Veteran
Kin
1,110💸
Kumi
10,495💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Assume I strike an opponent with my sword and they block that strike. I memorize those sensations, the vibration of the steel, etc. Later, I repeat and recreate those sensations through another clash and memorize them with my sharingan. I then cast a looping genjutsu on the opponent, linking those two interactions, which they relive the space between.

Pervyy

Immortal
Kin
3,688💸
Kumi
31,205💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Assume I strike an opponent with my sword and they block that strike. I memorize those sensations, the vibration of the steel, etc. Later, I repeat and recreate those sensations through another clash and memorize them with my sharingan. I then cast a looping genjutsu on the opponent, linking those two interactions, which they relive the space between.
you recreate the sensation through an illusion not the action. Did itachi do the same thing twice or not? I advise you read up on it or watch that episode again

Anbu Kirito

Veteran
Kin
1,110💸
Kumi
10,495💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Basically, he takes one moment in time and memorizes those situations. He then replicates them with a genjutsu via perfectly copying them with his Sharingan, and casts that onto Kabuto, causing him to be immediately stuck in the Izanami's time loop. Every time he lands a killing blow on Itachi, Itachi's body vanishes into a storm of crows, before reforming and beginning the same scenario again. While that same situation may play out differently depending on how Kabuto approaches, the outcome is always the same and it is all a figment of his imagination, as in reality, he is simply standing still.

Pervyy

Immortal
Kin
3,688💸
Kumi
31,205💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Basically, he takes one moment in time and memorizes those situations. He then replicates them with a genjutsu via perfectly copying them with his Sharingan, and casts that onto Kabuto, causing him to be immediately stuck in the Izanami's time loop. Every time he lands a killing blow on Itachi, Itachi's body vanishes into a storm of crows, before reforming and beginning the same scenario again. While that same situation may play out differently depending on how Kabuto approaches, the outcome is always the same and it is all a figment of his imagination, as in reality, he is simply standing still.
You post the jutsu, lose the eye, two turns later the gen takes effect.

Any questions on all sharingan shiz?