Pirate Queen
Veteran
Kin
2,348💸
Kumi
7,896💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Rebekah waits for her sensei, her wallet now empty from purchasing a 5k ninjutsu. A tear slides down her cheek and she wipes it away quickly. It's okay. This was the right choice. You'll do great things.....hopefully.. She thinks to herself.

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
1,664💸
Kumi
11,569💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
Okay so Sound Ninjutsu is pretty straightforward. You use chakra to create and manipulate sound waves to attack and defend. This Advanced Ninjutsu exists in three forms

Destructive Sound Waves: These sound waves are low in frequency but high in energy, so they're able to cause physical destruction to things they hit. Because they're physically destructive, they're visible as ripples in the air and are a bit faster than regular Wind jutsu.

Hindering Sound Waves: These pertain to sound waves that hinder the targets body by affecting things like his balance or disrupting his balance, etc. In this case, high frequency, low energy waves are used which travel at a virtually instant speed but lack any type of physical damage property. These types of Sound jutsu cannot effect the target's heart, brain or lungs nor cause direct damage.
Genjutsu Inducing Sound Waves: These pertain to using high frequency, low energy sound waves as mediums to induce genjutsu. Similar to the hindering sound waves, these cannot be avoided and their effects are immediate. Sound Genjutsu follows the normal release methods of regular Genjutsu.

Chihaya

Pirate Queen
Veteran
Kin
2,348💸
Kumi
7,896💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Rebekah nods, "all of that makes sense. So, when using hindering sound waves, is that non-dodgeable cause similar to the Genjutsu inducing waves, it's near instant? If so, how would the opponent recover from it?"

Shinta

Legendary
Kin
1,184💸
Kumi
9,485💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So Hindering sound does travel and effect near instantly, but the effects are not too detrimental and can be broken with suitable methods after you are hit, in the same vein that genjutsu can't be broken until after it hits you.

I also won't be doing this RP style, takes a little too much time for me to do xD

We'll start with the only non-character-exclusive D-rank jutsu... that isn't character exclusive.

(Ototon: Naiteki Ne no Jutsu) - Sound Release: Inner Sonar Skill
Type: Supplementary
Range: Short-Long
Chakra Cost: 10 (-1 per turn)
Damage Points: N/A
Description: The user will enhance their hearing by infusing his ears with sound chakra. Then, by utilizing chakra and enfacing his lungs, the user will be able to control the frequency and intensity of the sound emitted from his simple breathing. This low frequency, inaudible sound is passively emitted and has no effect other than emerging from him and bouncing off of objects. Using the enhanced hearing, the user is able to know where everything is around them, effectively creating a sonar effect through the rebound and reflection of sound waves. The hearing and the sonar effect is precise enough so that one can effectively use it to substitute one's vision in battle if needed. Despite being very effective, specially if the user has any of his other senses hindered, it also leaves the user vulnerable to sound genjutsu or sound attacks which will be much more drastic in its effects.
Note: Lasts 6 turns

This technique has two aspects to it; the actual hearing boost and your humming the is aimed to replicate sonar. So if you could now analyse the tech and bring to me any questions you may have about it ^^

Though right here, I'll point out the obvious flaw with this tech: it leaves you very open to loud noises and the effects of other sound-based attacks would deal significantly more damage to yourself. In terms of actual health numbers, I'd say not only would you be rendered deaf from loud-sound release techs, but you would suffer the critical-hit penalty whilst this tech is active.

Reactions: Chihaya

Chihaya

Pirate Queen
Veteran
Kin
2,348💸
Kumi
7,896💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It's no problem! I may also try this training in non-RP style, cause I've never done that before!

So, I think that this technique is most useful when your sight or senses are impaired and you need to know what is going on around you. Maybe if the enemy has used some kind of mist or if the users sight has been impaired. It's not like the enemy would know that your hearing has suddenly been heightened, but your opponent could definitely word it in a way to make it so that their jutsu is loud nonchalantly, thus hurting you. When it says that it lasts 6 turns, can you turn it off before then?

I think I could see myself using this if it was like a last resort type of thing, but other than that, not really, because of the downfall and damage to the ears it could potentially cause.