Klad

Supreme
Kin
13💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I always find RP in trainings to be tiresome, so let's do it OOCly please.

The kenjutsu, or as known alternatively "the way of the sword" (this sounds way cooler), is the art of using the deadly, yet fragile weapon which is the sword. This art's origin mainly lies in the early centuries of Japan, specifically the Edo Period, which was heavily samurai populated. The samurai, who is the first person to use the sword, invented this art for one purpose which is known worldwide: to kill. But is this the only use a sword consists? Obviously no.

Let's get back at it. By performing different body maneuvers, you can also give different shape attacks with the sword. In the Naruto Verse, Kenjutsu can be used in combination with chakra, which is raw chakra fueling, elemental chakra applying etc. One of the most distinct art that goes the most with Kenjutsu, is the body arts, which is known as Taijutsu. If one is skilled in Taijutsu, he may as well as excel in Kenjutsu, and vice versa I believe.

Detective L

Legendary
Kin
2,224💸
Kumi
3,141💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Alright, leggo. I'll explain a technique then I want you to perform the technique, as well as analyze it a bit.

Type: Offensive
Range: Short
Chakra cost: 10
Damage points: 25
Description: With this technique, the user will make a sequence of slashes with their sword and finishes with a powerful final slash dealing liberal damage to their enemy.

Now, this is the first technique and a simple one at that too. Using your sword, you will deliver a sequence of slashes. The cool thing is, this technique does not say what kind of slash, or where, allowing you freedom of choice on that. After delivering several slashes, you will deliver a final liberal slash to the opponent.

Klad

Supreme
Kin
13💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Taking a hold of my sword, I lunge towards my sole target and start by swinging my sword at him. This way I deliver a few slashes on different parts of his body, which then after I would deliver a final and liberal blow which will deal considerable damage and send him flying.

This technique could be used on body parts that are already either restricted of movement, limited, or even damaged so the target would experience a permanent loss of that body part. You could deliver several so the possibilites of at least one landing a hit is high. If I may ask, why does this require chakra if the description doesn't include any potential usage of it? Or are the slashes infused with raw chakra?

Detective L

Legendary
Kin
2,224💸
Kumi
3,141💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Its just raw chakra. Good observation though.

Chakra cost: 10
Description: The user punches the opponent a few times and finishes them with two final slashes with their blade or sword.

Another simple technique where you will punch your opponent a few times in order to stagger them. After doing so, you will finish them off with two slashes. These slashes can be aimed anywhere, meaning they can be vital, or if chosen, not.

Klad

Supreme
Kin
13💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Confronting my enemy shrot range, I rush forward and raise both of my fists in order to deliver a few punches which will be enough for the target to get occupied with their damage. I then draw my sword and perform two slashes, specifically in his vital areas, such as neck and chest area.

Alright, this technique is practically similar to the first one, but instead in this one, the user does a series of punching strikes rather than sword slashes. To get to the main and better part of this technique, you have to be lucky for your opponent to bypass those punches. If they can counter it then you have no chance to continue with the sword slashes, depending on their move. Low ranked technique as well. I liked the first one better

Detective L

Legendary
Kin
2,224💸
Kumi
3,141💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Good job.

Type: Attack
Chakra cost: N/A
Description: The user spins with his tantō, hitting the target several times.

Now this is a simpler one. Here you will run towards the opponent, and as you get close you will extend your blade and spin. This will allow you to strike the opponent multiple times.

Klad

Supreme
Kin
13💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Aesthetically dragging my single sword over the ground as I gradually sever the distance between me and the enemy, I lift my arm before I would jump in the air. I would then hit the enemy multipile times by spinning in front of him, which should deal him some damage.

As simple as it sounds, but I like it. No chakra cost and the damage is neat for a C rank technique. Could be used in a combination of some sorts, that would be hella.

Detective L

Legendary
Kin
2,224💸
Kumi
3,141💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awesome job.

Chakra cost: N/A
Description: The user will drop down upon the opponent from mid air pointing their sword downwards and drilling it down into the opponent.

Another simple one, as well as the last C rank technique. You will run towards the opponent with your sword, and either jump up, or when you are on a higher platform and jump down from it. This allows you to point your sword downwards, onto the opponent, drilling it down into the opponent. Pretty awesome.

Klad

Supreme
Kin
13💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I lunge forward with my full speed while simultaneously jumping forward. Taking a better hold of my sword, I launch myself downwards like a human torpedo and drill the sword right through the target's chest area. The whole momntum would be enough to penetrate the target back and forth.

Definitely a good technique, if not the best of the C ranks. The jumping up is pretty nice and can come in handy in certain sitations to avoid attacks, and then attack. It can be pracitcally used to take upper hand in a battle. I also like the addition of it being used when you jump off a platform.

Detective L

Legendary
Kin
2,224💸
Kumi
3,141💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Cool, onto the B ranks.

Chakra cost: 20
Damage points: 40
Description: The user bolts in front of the enemy who they then strike with their sword handle before delivering several kicks that sends the enemy into the air. The user then bolts across to the far off location of the enemy who they then punch violently into an obstacle.

You will dash towards the opponent, and then deliver a strike to them via the use of your sword handle, before delivering several kicks which blasts the opponent into the air. You will follow suit, and deliver a punch to the opponent, slamming them into an obstacle, like a tree or something.

Description: The user takes out their blade and channels chakra into it. They then run towards the opponent, slashing them upwards into the air and then appear above him/her, and deliver a sharp, drilling slash down upon them, impelling them into the ground.

Now, for the next one, you will take out your sword and channel some chakra into it. You will then dash towards the opponent, and deliver an upwards slash into the air, which hits them up. With a simple jump, you will appear above the opponent, and deliver a drilling slash downwards, aiming to strike their shoulder or head, impelling them into the ground. Pretty useful.

Klad

Supreme
Kin
13💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
1. I take a run towards my sole target and hit him with the hilt of my sword before kicking him in various areas of his body, which should send him in the air. To finish, I deliver a punch which sends him away slammed against a huge boulder and drops unconscious.

I believe this technique gives you a lot of freedom on how you are going to use its mechanisms. Since it involves all three kind of CQC attacks, (punches, kicks, sword) you would be able to creatively give your opponent a hard time. The rank is pretty alright too, I like it.

2. Moving onto my next target, I suddenly dash and appear in front of him while hitting him in an upwards manner with my sword. That should send him in the air, from where I appear above him and perform a downwards drilling slash in his shoulders. The stabbing is actually fatal for the target as he drops dead.

Yeah definitely a good technique. The use of the sword and the rank gives you the chance to tear through a barrier the opponent may have in those moments. If you manage to get through with the first hit, you have the upper hand and try to kill him.

Detective L

Legendary
Kin
2,224💸
Kumi
3,141💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awesome job.

Range: Mid
Description: The user does a simple cresent-shaped slash at the opponent, expelling a red chakra wave

With this technique, you will focus some chakra into your sword. A simple crescent shaped slash is then performed, allowing you to release a red wave of chakra. Best put, its basically an NB version of Gestuga Tenshou, if you follow Bleach z,z Quite useful though.

Type: Supplementary
Description: The user flows Chidori current through a katana in manner similar to flying swallow technique. The Radiating and chirping blade can easily cut through steel. Furthermore, the body of the person cut by the sword goes numb, taking away their freedom of movement.

With this one, you will flow Chidori Nagashi through your sword, causing it to radiate and chirping. This allows it to cut through steel, as well as when the opponent is cut by the sword, to be numbed and their freedom of movement taken away.

Klad

Supreme
Kin
13💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
1. I grasp my sword tightly and locate my enemy in the battlefield. I then swing my sword in a crescent manner after focusing some chakra into it. Then, a red wave of chakra will come out of the sword and attacks the enemy within range.

I had been waiting on this technique for so long, lol. The first Kenjutsu technique which revolves around shooting projectiles at your opponent. Nice technique, I like it really. Does this effect short range targets? o-o

2. Having a steel platform in front of me, I channel Chidori Nagashi in my sword which should increase its cutting capabilities a lot. Swinging my sword, I cut through the steel easily. I then head towards my original target and hit him with the lightning infused weapon, which upon contact numbs him.

Ah, a nice technique against steel users. (looks at NK ;_; ) Though you'd need to use Chidori Nagashi before hand, and then this. That would cost you two moves in a battle. Otherwise nice combination technique. It can numb enemies so that's great.

Detective L

Legendary
Kin
2,224💸
Kumi
3,141💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yep. Although it says Mid range, it travels up to Mid range, but can strike Short range targets.

Range: Short - Mid
Description: The user will channel chakra into their sword making it glow blue and then jumping into the air they spin at a rapid rate creating a spinning circle and cutting through the enemy target.

With this technique, you will channel your chakra into your sword. This makes it glow blue, where you will then dash towards the opponent and jump into the air, and pivot off your foot as you do so. This allows you to spin in the air towards the opponent, as you extend your blade and cut through the opponent.

Type: Supplementary
Chakra cost: 30
Damage points: N/A
Description: The user by use of a sword can use it as a rod to attract lightning currents that are channeled into the user from opponents attacks and by pointing the tip of the blade into the ground the user is then able to dispel the lightning charge nullifing the effects of paralysis. However this only works on free flowing lightning based techniques such as the Chidori current and not on focused lightning based techniques

Last but not least, a technique which can be used to counter free flowing Lightning techniques like Chidori Nagashi. When struck by the technique, you will use your sword as a rod to attract the lightning currents. You will then point the tip of the sword into the ground, dispelling the lightning charge and nullifying the effects of paralysis. However, it only works on free flowing Lightning based techniques.

Klad

Supreme
Kin
13💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
1. As I run towards my opponent, I channel chakra into my sword and jump high in the air. Raining down on my opponent, I quickly spin in front of him and deliver a series of sword slashes everywhere, but mainly in his vital points. The opponent is knocked out.

I always love jumping techniques. As I mentioned earlier in the above post, it gives you the chance to take the upper hand. This technique is a strong one which deals with the usage of chakra and hitting your opponent with your sword. Basic but lethal.

2. As my opponent performs an unfocused lightning technique on me, I direct my sword forward like a rod, and that should attract all the lightning. I then direct the tip of the sword on the ground and dispell its numbing capabilities, rendering it useless.

A counter for techniques like Nagashi? Nice, to say the least. It's a quick process and helps you in certain situations when you're restricted. Though, using it on water terrain would be as good as suicide.

------------------------

Thanks for the training L.

Last edited:

Detective L

Legendary
Kin
2,224💸
Kumi
3,141💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yeah, and the way the second tech is worded, its like the technique hits you first but if you have your sword, it will draw the Lightning currents to it, which is then dispelled through the ground. Other than that, good job and we're done with Kenjutsu.