Ryóma

Legendary
Kin
495💸
Kumi
23,879💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
When the Star looked back to finally see him, Ryuu looked around as if he was doing nothing out of the ordinary, then smiled as he looked at her. From the sound of it, she was happy with the building he had made with the villagers. It was going to be an important part of the clan now. Ryuu nodded, indicating that he had had a hand in it. But as happy as he was, he also had a strange feeling inside of him; something that made him want to rebel and turn away... But why, even when he had just finished making something for the people? He should not have been feeling this way at all... Shaking his head, he pushed these feelings aside for now as Star-3 walked off ahead, indicating for him to follow. Of course, he went after her quickly.

Ushiro

Legendary
Kin
768💸
Kumi
99💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
“So, uh, where to start? I...stole a ship. Didn’t mean to, it just...happened. I had people to move and they were already on a perfectly good vessel.”

As Star-3 described her ‘adventure’ on the sea, she led Ryuu to a grove not far from the base and walked up to a table covered in wood shavings and oddly shaped blocks.

“You probably saw some of the guests i brought in. They’re a mix of prisoners, slaves, and ex-pirates. Well, i’m not sure about that last one. If nobody keeps an eye on them, they might just go right back to pirating. In their words, they had ‘no other options besides death’. Which is true. Might make a good crew with the right training.”

After pushing aside the shavings and selecting a particularly large chunk of wood from the bunch, she sat on stool opposite Ryuu and began carving away at it, keeping her eyes on the Hyuuga the whole time.

“Unfortunately, the ship i rescued them from belonged to a seriously cutthroat gang called the Red Giants. It’s a BIG gang known for the red flags on their ships. It means if they target you, they won’t just take your things, they’ll take your life without a second thought. Real assholes, these guys.”

With her hands moving seemingly on their own, she chipped away at the wood which began to take on a jagged, spherical shape like the head of a morning star. Her eyes narrowed as she focused on her work.

“We’ll definitely have to deal with that group later, especially if they start wondering what happened to one of their strongest Captains. Hey, there is good news. I killed one of their Captains and got a hell of a lot of info out of him. Literally all of it. I’m still reeling trying to process it all. The Red Giants also have a rival gang who they’re constantly fighting for territory. I can’t remember what they’re called but they have some kind of wolf motif. They aren’t nearly as shitty as the other guys, so they will turn out to be a great asset if they can manage to wipe out their only rivals in Kurikita.”

Star-3 suddenly stopped her carving to reach into her pocket and pull out the weapon core she’d found a while back and sort of powered. Just arriving from histrip, Star-5 appeared to retrieve the gem before returning instantly to Degarashan via summoning. She continued to talk as though nothing happened.

“Alright, enough about pirates. Want to know that the rest of Astra’s been up to in Degarashan? You’ll find out soon. Call it a little promotion for the clan. ... Ryuu, you probably can’t tell...but i’m nervous. Not about the show, but the gem, the weapon core. It’s heavy. The deeper i go, the more questions i want answered. ...and i don’t know how far i can go without getting to a point where i can no longer turn back. It's interesting to say the least.”

Star-3 smiled, removing her hands from her nearly finished work. It looked like a globe with spikes poking out of it. On each spike, a humanoid figure was impaled, each one reaching out as if trying to grasp something. Fishing through her things, she bought out the last piece, a tri-cornered hat adorned with gems of many colors. This she placed atop the globe where the hands of the impaled merely hold it in place.

Type: Defense/Attack/Suplementary
Range: N/A
Chakra Cost: 20
Damage points: N/A
Description:
To summon the creature the ninja will wipe blood on his hand, perform the Boar → Dog → Bird → Monkey → Ram handseals and then touch the ground or another object, where a sealing formula will appear. Though it appears that as long as significant pressure is placed against the blood in some form, the summon will be complete, most summoning uses use a solid surface, though in some cases it can even be done mid air. There can be variations to the summoning steps, some ninja like Temari will wipe blood on her fan, then by swinging the fan the animal is summoned. Other ninja like Orochimaru wipe the blood across a snake tattoo on their arm first, then touch the ground. Others will clap their hands directly like Nagato through the use of his Animal Path. The user must have signed the contract with the creature he wants to summon but the technique can be used to summon a generic creature of that contract (B-Rank) which will have no special traits or abilities beyond those normal to the rest of the animals in the contract. The animal is always summoned on the mark that appears upon slamming the users hand or, if not the case, always in short range of the user.

Last edited:

Ryóma

Legendary
Kin
495💸
Kumi
23,879💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
As Ryuu followed his friend, the strange feeling in his head would not go away. In fact, it just got stronger. And then, as she started to narrate all that had happened with the ship situation, the boy even started to hear voices in his head. Trying his best to concentrate, he nodded at the Star, letting her know he listened, but at the same time trying to suppress the voices. They were not be suppressed though, and Ryuu had to strain his ears to only try and listen to his clan mate. By now, he was very sure that the voice in his head was due to the core. Even at the beginning, when he took it to the marketplace, he had heard a voice. This was the only explanation that made sense. The voices said something about a Mother. He had no idea what that meant. He didn't even know if his own mother was alive or not.

Ryuu continued to listen on, wondering what the Star was trying to carve. He didn't interrupt though, and instead kept a listening face on, albeit looking a little unenthusiastic now due to the strange feeling. Ryuu remembered back to when the duo first came to Kurikita; there had been an attack of pirates. Perhaps this was the beginning of ridding the seas of evil for the Star? Ryuu continued to nod, then noticed Star-5 appear. Star-3 took her core out and handed it to him. Upon seeing it, more emotions flared up in Ryuu all of a sudden, indescribable, and he held his head in his hands as it throbbed fiercely for a few moments. The feeling soon passed as the Star disappeared along with the core though, and Ryuu wondered what had come over him. Was the power of seeing another core so strong that it evoked these feelings in him? They were dangerous... He kept staring in the direction the Star had left in, as Star-3 continued to talk, as if looking there would explain something to him.

As she finished talking though, he looked back to her, looking rather sombre, a stark contrast to how he had looked only a mere while before. He still thought rationally though. Touching his chin in a thinking pose, the boy communicated to her via sign language:

So, these ex-pirates, it sounds like they can use ninja techniques? I have a solution for some of them then. You see, I've been looking for teachers for the academy, and whilst I have found a couple, we have a shortage. Maybe I can see if a few of them want to become academy teachers? I'm sure the responsibility of teaching the next generation will be good for their... character. Yes, that. And I guess the rest of them can be put to other work.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to seeing what you guys have been up to in Degarashan. Now that the Shogun has gone, it's a great opportunity to expand our reaches. May we always continue to grow.
As he communicated this though, the boy could not help but feel like he was lying. Would they really? Strange feelings washed over him with the voice in his head. He was feeling a little bitter, as if the world was turning against him, and he needed to fight back. He had never felt like this before. It was almost as if something else was possessing him. To Astra, he would definitely be looking like he was under the weather now. So, you're nervous too?... I'm not sure why, but it seems like these cores have the ability to change us, maybe not in a good way... He didn't elaborate, as he was still confused himself.

Ryuu wondered what it was that his friend had carved, waiting to see how she would respond to him. It seemed that both of them were burdened by this core...

Ushiro

Legendary
Kin
768💸
Kumi
99💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
Star-3's body froze and she stared off into space, longer looking at Ryuu. Then her expression rapidly changed from one of shock, to looking to be on the verge of of tears. She sat there, head hung low, muttering something like a very faint whisper.

"No ... not again ... not again ... i locked him away ... i locked him away ..."

Ryóma

Legendary
Kin
495💸
Kumi
23,879💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Ryuu looked frantically over at his friend, who looked like she was going to cry. Never before had he seen her like this... Getting up, he shook her gently, asking in his own way if she was okay. Even though there were voices in his head, Ryuu was strong enough to not be influenced by them right now. He knew what they were all pointing to, but he would not give in. He stood by Star-3, waiting to see if she would recover from this sudden bizarre episode of what he knew not. He did know that the core had a part in this though.

Ushiro

Legendary
Kin
768💸
Kumi
99💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
Ryuu looked frantically over at his friend, who looked like she was going to cry. Never before had he seen her like this... Getting up, he shook her gently, asking in his own way if she was okay. Even though there were voices in his head, Ryuu was strong enough to not be influenced by them right now. He knew what they were all pointing to, but he would not give in. He stood by Star-3, waiting to see if she would recover from this sudden bizarre episode of what he knew not. He did know that the core had a part in this though.
Star-3 didn't seem to notice the boy at all. Astra's attention was elsewhere. Only barely audible sounds continued to slip out from between her lips. If one strained to hear them, they would only hear the sound of a group of people gathered around Kaizen's base calling for Ryuu and Yayoi, the name Star-3 had told the villagers to call her. They have seen the Recording, and they are...concerned.

Ryóma

Legendary
Kin
495💸
Kumi
23,879💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Trying to listen to the words she said, Ryuu found that the only sounds he could hear were people outside around them. Looking worriedly at his friend, and then over to where he could hear what sounded like surprised and impatient voices calling their names, Ryuu went out to see what all the commotion was about. As soon as they saw him, questions began to fly everywhere, about what was going on at Degarashan, and why Kogami acted like he did. Weren't they supposed to be upholding peace in the land?

Ryuu could only stare back at them dumbfoundedly, trying to communicate through sign language with those who understood that he had no idea what they were talking about. He looked back helplessly at Yayoi, wondering if she could offer any explanation. She didn't look like she was in any shape to though...

Ushiro

Legendary
Kin
768💸
Kumi
99💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
Trying to listen to the words she said, Ryuu found that the only sounds he could hear were people outside around them. Looking worriedly at his friend, and then over to where he could hear what sounded like surprised and impatient voices calling their names, Ryuu went out to see what all the commotion was about. As soon as they saw him, questions began to fly everywhere, about what was going on at Degarashan, and why Kogami acted like he did. Weren't they supposed to be upholding peace in the land?

Ryuu could only stare back at them dumbfoundedly, trying to communicate through sign language with those who understood that he had no idea what they were talking about. He looked back helplessly at Yayoi, wondering if she could offer any explanation. She didn't look like she was in any shape to though...
Roused by all the commotion nearby, Yayoi wearily lifted her head and saw Ryuu being accosted by a crowd of people. At that moment, the life returned to her eyes. The anguish and confusion she was overcome with moments before instantly vanished. "Leave him alone!", she snarled as she rushed to his side, "He has nothing to do with with what happened! Talk to me if you need an explanation, no one else!"

The crowd recoiled. Yayoi looked down at her hands and noticed they were tightly clenched into fists. She was poised to attack, like a wolf protecting one of its own. She didn't want to harm anyone else. Slowly releasing the tension from her hands, she turned to Ryuu and crouched slightly, putting them at eye level. She laid her hands on his shoulders and looked firmly into his eyes. "I'm sorry for making you worry and making things more difficult." She spoke softly so no one else would hear. "Just when i thought everything was going so well, i...i fucked up. I tarnished our clan's reputation. Believe me when i say i will make things right again. I've lied countless times in my life to countless people, not to you. There should be a recording of the conference at the base."

Yayoi turned back to the crowd and began explaining what happened, saying it was a weapon malfunction, how Kogami had meant to use the Dominator's paralyzing feature but something went inexplicably wrong. All in all, she wanted them to believe it was an unfortunate accident and that the other members are there making up for it.

Ryóma

Legendary
Kin
495💸
Kumi
23,879💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Ryuu was very surprised when he witnessed the aggressive behaviour of Yayoi. Never before had he seen this. Usually she was so calm, but now she looked like she was mentally falling apart... Anger growing within him slowly, the boy knew that this had something to do with the cores. They were evil, putrid things, toying with her mind like this. Ryuu simply lowered his head and looked to the side in despondency as his friend finished yelling at the onlookers.

Then, to his discomfort, the Star crouched down to his eye level to talk to him. The discomfort did not come from her being close to his level, rather, it came from the feelings within him. Right now, he was not sure how to feel. And the voices in his head, they did not help either. Betrayal... Strength... As she spoke to him softly, they boy felt tears start to prick the back of his eyes, but he quickly blinked them away. He could not show weakness in this moment, not this moment that was going to be so deciding.

He had many thoughts leading up to the act that he would soon do. They whirled around his head. How dare the core change his friend? She was always so kind, and would never have gotten angry like this. Even the ones up at Degarashan, they would never hurt anyone for no genuine reason. This was totally uncharacteristic of them. Why was the core toying with their feelings? Sending their minds in confusion? As Ryuu thought more and more about these things, he was not even listening to Yayoi anymore. He could not even hear her anymore. For there was a roaring in his ears now, a roaring so loud that it deafened him to everything else momentarily. The blood all rushed to his head, as anger built up. Finally, the anger became so much that it emanated outwards from himself in a perceivable and almost tangible form. He did not want to do this, but it had to be done for the sake of his friend. If he listened to the voices in his head right now, which spoke of betrayal, maybe he would be able to find the person who had set them after these cores. He would interrogate them and see if they were a threat to his clan or not.

But for now, the anger radiated from Ryuu as a killing intent. As Yayoi finished talking to the crowd again, and they dispersed away, content with Yayoi's explanation, Ryuu stared at her, concentrating on maintaining a killing intent. This intent came not at her, but at the thought of the core and the person behind it, but Ryuu directed it at her, making her think he hated her all of a sudden. It came from a while of holding on to conflicting feelings too. He had to, in order to power the core and meet the mysterious man. The stare would not do any harm to her though. Since she was so strong, it would not even paralyse her, but it would probably take her by surprise. Continuing to stare at her in this manner, the boy, wearing an angry expression, communicated in sign language to her:

You know what, I should never have met you! I'm done with you, you murderer! You know what, forget I ever even existed, okay?! Or I'll wipe your memories of me myself!

Letting go of the killing intent, but still looking cold, Ryuu breathed heavily, as if he had just had a shouting match, even though he had used his hands instead of his voice. How he hated himself so much at this moment. For he knew how much they meant to each other. For him to say what he just said meant that he just threw away their years of friendship and travelling together. Together, the pair had searched for and found a new land to call home, away from the evils of the world. Together, they worked to gain the trust of the people in the land. Together, they shared many great memories, and also with the rest of the town... Together, they were a clan, a group of people who stuck by each other in times of ease and hardship. And now he was just throwing it all away. He could have very well been the murderer right now that he had just accused her of being, murdering her feelings. The hurt he inflicted would be massive. He knew that Astra did not purposely do that act in Degarashan. But he did not betray any of his true feelings, knowing that to do so would mean that this would all have been for nothing. He knew that this was just as hard for him as it would be for her. Ryuu was sure that at this moment, she would be feeling anger, grief, sadness and hatred towards him all at once. That was what the voices in his head were saying. That's the way, good job... See how her mind is confused now? The voice in his head let out an indifferent laugh, ecstatic to see Yayoi's despair. This was exactly what it had wanted, and Ryuu knew it. Another might think that he was weak and was being controlled by the voice and the core, but Ryuu knew that he had his own plans. He just had to get to the man first, and he would not be manipulated by anyone. But he stayed for the time being to see how she would react. As much as he did not want it, he hoped she would break down with sadness and grief, for otherwise his plan would have been all for naught... And he had to witness it.

(Sakki) - Killing Intent
Type: Supplementary
Range: Short - Long
Chakra cost: N/A
Damage points: N/A
Description: Killing Intent pertains to the ability of the user giving off their pure killing intention and having it affect their opponent and others around them up to the point of paralyzing them. When the Killing Intent is particularly strong, it can even give the victim visions of their own gruesome death, nausea, pain, etc. This can cause the Killing Intent to be confused with a genjutsu, despite not being a genjutsu at all; simply a showcase of intention and power. The target will feel as if facing an overwhelming enemy and, even if not a sensor, will suddenly feel the pressure of the users chakra and its magnitude, making the effect that much more dramatic. To effectively be used, the user needs to focus on his target and concentrate on the killing intent towards it, meaning that one must see the target and be focused on it. The strength of the Killing Intent is dependent on many factors and go through several levels. If a difference in rank smaller than 2 ranks exist, the enemy will feel only the pressure and the ominous presence of their dark intentions. Its enough to lose your grasp on a weapon or stay clinched to it (depending on the situation) or even to hesitate in an attack, stumble or mess up a handseal, all depending on the situation and proximity. The effect is small and normally not that significant but can be effectively used to pressure enemies into making a mistake. If a difference of 2 ranks or more exist, the enemy will be frozen, almost unable to move as the overwhelming killing intent dominates their own conscious and riddles them with nightmarish versions of death. The paralyzation gradually weakens as time passes and can only be maintained while the user is focused on the target. The further away the target, the weaker it is and it can only fully paralyze a target within short range. Similarly, the more targets one focuses on, the weaker the effect is in each one (dividing the effects equally between the number of targets). Lastly, the stronger the user is in relation to the target, the stronger the effect will be. The target can counter Killing Intent directed at it through pain, "mind cleansing" techniques or their own Killing Intent.
Note: Intensity of technique depends on the rank of the user, distance to target and number of targets one is focusing on
Note: Can only be used once
Note: Lasts only while the user is focusing on it and while focusing on it the user can't mold chakra

Chakra: 1600

Ushiro

Legendary
Kin
768💸
Kumi
99💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
After managing to disperse the villagers with a hastily crafted story, Yayoi barely had a moment to relax before feeling an ominous presence behind her like a malevolent spirit. She spun around, expecting an enemy, only to find little, calm Ryuu looking more furious than she'd ever seen him. "Ah...d-don't startle me like that. I'm really busy-" She blinked a few times to make sure she wasn't seeing things. His white eyes were filled with rage focused solely on Yayoi and his hands gestured rapidly, silently expressing the kind of message that's best shouted at the top of your lungs. He was done with her.

"Wh-...you're...kidding..."

Yayoi didn't know how to respond. Astra was already under quite a lot of stress trying to handle the incident in Degarashan. This was too much. It had to be some kind of bad joke.

Why are you surprised? Don't they always end this way?

Yayoi had a pained expression on her face. No. It's not like that. Kids like Ryuu are easily influenced. They change their minds all the time! ...the core! That had to be it!

Huh? Didn't you want to see how far you could go? To push the boundary? Well, there you have it. You crossed the line, and the damage can't be undone.

Distressed, she tried to avert her eyes from that hateful glare that felt like it burned her skin. What she saw didn't match up with the image he had of had of him. They had formed their own clan together and had finally made some significant progress they could be proud of. Was she just supposed to throw it all away? The feeling of alienation washed over her.

So much for that experiment. Now then, you can't have a disrespectful brat running around telling people about you, right? Maybe you can't erase his memories right now, but there's always a simpler way...

Yayoi's knuckles creaked with how tightly she held them. She couldn't focus. Everything was crashing around her and it was pissing her off. Especially this annoying mouse. She looked back at the boy, an angry but sinister grin on her face. She lifted her arm and a jagged black spike extended from it, stopping in the middle of Ryuu's forehead. Drops of blood would trickle down his face she spoke in an unusually condescending way.

"Don't you know who you're talking to? I suppose you don't, you haven't even met me. I could forget about a worthless mute like you whenever i want."

After a short pause she abruptly turned around and started walking quickly toward the shore, covering her face with one hand so no one would see her incredibly sad expression. She didn't mean anything she said but it somehow hurt her more than she intended to hurt him.

"Thank your lucky stars the rest of Astra isn't here...or...you'd be dead for sure..."

Alone, Yayoi looked for a place where she couldn't be found and saw that the pirates she'd tied up had escaped and were trying to sail her ship away. She'd forgot about them. Now was a good a time as any to take care of it. She leapt onto the deck of the ship ,and before anyone could attack her she launched a rapid-fire barrage of rods like bullets from her arms which pierced the heads of those who weren't prepared. The rest she whittled down in the same way with the indifference of someone doing a uninteresting chore. When she was done, she noticed some spots where blood splattered on her suit. She sighed. It was going to be a hassle to get out.

Type: Offensive/Defensive/Supplementary
Range: Short-Long
Chakra Cost: 20-30
Damage Points: 40-60
Description: The user creates chakra rods from their arms or other chakra rods in contact with them which in turn produce more rods, a process that can be repeated indefinitely. Through this process a variety of tools and structures can be formed. The rods can be produced with enough speed and force to impale a person with virtually no resistance. Their inherent durability makes them suitable of being used as a defense against attacks of equal strength. Chakra rods may be merged through contact or severed whenever the user wishes while in contact with them. By severing rods as they are in motion it is possible to launch them as projectiles. Multiple users can perform this technique collaboratively to create structures faster and with more mass making them stronger which counts as a single move.
-Only usable by Rinnegan users including linked paths
-Structures retain their strength when separated from the user.
-Collaborative usages increase the technique’s rank by +1
-A collaborative usage of the A ranked version is usable 3 times per battle with a 1 turn cooldown[/jusu]

Last edited:

Ryóma

Legendary
Kin
495💸
Kumi
23,879💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
He knew that he had struck her where it really hurt. It was written all over her face; that pained expression. She appeared to be trying to process all this in, as if it was some kind of bad dream, except it was real. Ryuu watched sadly as she looked away from him, instead tightening her fists. He swallowed, scared of what would happen. He was not good in such emotionally charged situations. He also wondered if she knew he was faking it. Even if she did not know it now, maybe she would later. With time, she would probably realise that for the calm and kind Ryuu, this was very uncharacteristic of him. He hoped they could reconcile in the future sometime.

Then, before he knew it, Yayoi's expression turned from one of sadness into a strange kind of anger, before she extended a jagged black spike from her arm. It stopped in the middle of the boy's forehead, deep enough to just break his skin. As the drops of blood started to trickle down, Ryuu stood motionless and wide eyed, shocked by this act. He had really done it now. He had made her so angry, angry enough that she would hurt him. Never before would she have thought of such a thing. Then she spoke, and Ryuu felt a chill down his spine. This was not his friend... 'you haven't even met me.' She would also never call him a worthless mute; she knew it was a sensitive topic. These were the words of someone else, someone who was speaking through her. Wait a minute, was she being controlled? A sudden moment of realisation hit the mute boy as he realised that this was what must have happened at Degarashan. Yayoi had claimed that it was a weapon malfunction, but really, it was just Astra being controlled momentarily... At least it was a relief for him in that he knew it was not exactly her own will that had just injured him now.

Ryuu watched as his friend then departed from him with hurtful words. It really hurt a lot. Somehow, the image of looking at her back moving further away from him with each step elicited a powerful emotional reaction. He felt like a child again, so helpless and lost. That, coupled with the grief he felt for betraying her brought the tears running down his face in quick succession. They mixed in with the blood sliding down from his forehead as well, reminding him of the quest he had just so recently embarked on of finding the blood of 100 guilty men and the tears of an innocent person. How it had seemingly come back in a circle now, only that it was his own blood and tears...

The young ninja stood there and cried silently for a bit, with Yayoi already out of sight. He did not know what she was going to do now, or where she was going, but she went in the direction of the shore. Perhaps she was going to leave in a ship. Perhaps she would never return. Perhaps she would never trust him again...

Wiping away his tears on his sleeves, Ryuu realised too late then that he ended up getting blood on them too. Oh right, he had to quickly heal himself and hide any trace of blood and injury. He could not let anyone from the town see this; they did not need to lose faith in their clan. No one else had to know about this; just him and Astra... Utilising some chakra, the medical ninja focused on controlling the cell cycle on his forehead to cause a rapid proliferation of cells, regenerating the cells that got damaged with the rod. Very soon, the skin looked like it was back to normal, with the exception of the blood on his face. Summoning a bottle of sterilised water, the grieving boy poured some into his hands, cleaning his face. He kept doing this until he was sure there was no more trace of blood left. About his sleeve, the boy simply folded both of his sleeves up, making the blood not visible. He then walked off in the direction of the town head's house, in order to let him know that he would be out of the town for a bit.

(Iryō Ninjutsu: Saibō no saisei) - Medical Technique: Cellular regeneration
Range: Short
Chakra Cost: 30
Damage Points: N/A (can negate up to 60 points)
Description: The medical ninja forcibly controls the cell cycle of the target tissue, causing rapid proliferation of the cells, thereby regenerating the tissue. This is done by infusing the cells of the target tissue with the users own healing chakra, potentiating mitosis and tissue growth. The drawback of this technique is that its not actually a healing technique but a tissue growth technique. It can serve to grow missing tissue but it cannot heal in the truth essence of the word and in essence is a much simpler application of the Mystic Palm technique.
(Kuchiyose No Jutsu: Eisei Yougu) - Summoning Technique: Medical tools
Chakra cost: 20
Damage: N/A
Description: The medical shinobi bites his thumb and draws his Medical Kanji on the Medical scroll underneath the symbol of the tool he desires to summon.
Note: This can only be used by Medical Shinobi.:
* メス - scalpel, sterilized
* ナイフ - knife
* アルコール - a bottle of 96% ethanol for disinfection
* 水 - a bottle of sterilized water
* スポイト - syringe, sterile, for one time use only
* アドレナリン - adrenaline, to be injected intravasculary, induces faster heartbeat
* 包帯 - bandage, sterile, 8 meters in length
* 血液 - a set of everything you need to draw someones blood (Sterile syringe, vacuum system and a test tube.)
* 温度計 - mercury thermometer, for axillary or rectal use
* ベッド - a mobile bed to carry patients
* バグ - bug spray, effective against all bugs, lasts for 2 turns (used in cases when your patient is having a reaction to multiple bug stings, and there are still some bugs around it, so you spray-kill them. Kills bugs up to A rank if they've been created/summoned from a jutsu like the Aburame techniques)
* テント - a small tent, just enough for two people to lie in
* 光 - a flashlight
* ガスマスク - gas mask with a bottle of oxygen that lasts 5 turns (Not 100% effective against all types of poison/gas. The purpose is to protect the user from breathing in toxic substances, keeping the lungs safe. However, if the poison gets absorbed through the pores of the skin it will still affect you).
* 流体 - a set to start an intravenous fluid addition line, helpful with dehydration amongst many other conditions
* モルタル - mortar and pestle, chemically clean
* スプーン - spoon, sterile
* パテ - putty knife, metal, sterile
* 研究所 - a small hut. Into the walls of that house, parts of Nexus' eyes DNA have been inserted, so now it mixes Time And Relative Dimensions In Space , creating an effect of being larger on the inside then it is on the outside. Inside is an advanced laboratory with everything needed to create antidotes and medicines.

Chakra: 1600 - 30 - 20 = 1550

Ryóma

Legendary
Kin
495💸
Kumi
23,879💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This post marks the beginning of my mission using these storyboard elements:
Heal someone from one of your clan's landmarks who has sustained moderate injuries (3)

Summary: Ryuu goes to the head of the town to tell him that he will be leaving the place for a bit. Before he leaves though, the man asks him to heal an injured person who survived the blast in Degarashan with major, but not life-threatening, injuries.

With no trace of his forehead injury visible, Ryuu went over to the house of the leader. An elderly man, he was respected by the whole town, and the children adored him. He was probably like a grandfather for them. As small as Ryuu was himself, he did not have these feelings though, probably because being a ninja forced him to be more mature than other kids. The man let Ryuu into his house, wearing a solemn expression. He explained to Ryuu how he heard about the accident up in Degarashan, and was wondering if Kaizen was okay. Untruthfully, Ryuu told him, through writing, that it was true that it had just been a weapon malfunction, and that they were working on trying to resolve it. He also let the old man know that he had to go out of the town for a bit, and did not know when he would return, as part of the investigation of this 'malfunction'. The boy told him that Astra would be out for similar reasons too. The man understood, and said everyone would be fine whilst they were gone.

Wait, before you leave, would you mind doing something? Ryuu let him know it was no problem. Well some of the people from the accident up at Degarashan escaped with only injuries, and one of them has been brought down here in the hopes that you would heal him. Ryuu nodded. Of course he would help. He was a doctor, and this was right up his lane. The man led the young medical ninja to a house nearby, where Ryuu found a middle aged man lying in a bed. Some people were around him, presumably family members, tending to him. Upon seeing Ryuu though, they breathed a collective sigh of relief and moved back to allow him some room to do his thing.

Sitting besides the bed on a chair that had been brought for him, Ryuu looked over at the man. The family members told him that the man, who identified himself as Kaito, appeared to have sustained a broken leg. He also had a large wound in his abdomen which had stopped bleeding some time ago. Ryuu nodded at this information, as he too could see signs of these with his medical knowledge. He quickly set to work. First, he let the patient know that he would need to anesthetise him, to which he gladly agreed to. No point in feeling pain when there was an alternative. And so, Ryuu channeled chakra into his right hand, which manifested into the shape of a snake. It slithered across, biting the man's left arm, before injecting chakra into him and then disappearing. The effect would not set in straight away, so Ryuu tended to other things whilst waiting for it to take effect.

Running his hands over Kaito's body, Ryuu used his chakra to gauge/diagnose the problems and the severity of them. He first went over the wound in the abdomen. Although it was large, it was luckily not that deep. However, the bone in the patient's left thigh was broken fully, and it would take a lot of time for it to heal. That was the bigger problem, one that the medical ninja could easily deal with though. Ryuu also found that the man's heart rate was a little too high, as well as the temperature. Upon running his chakra through the man to find the cause, he found that this was due to a fever that Kaito experienced from his injuries, for which Ryuu would need to give a medicine. The injuries around the broken bone left the area inflamed, contributing to the fever. Blood pressure and breathing were fine.

By now, the man fell unconscious, and Ryuu could begin his work. He decided to work on the broken bone first. It looked a bit gruesome how the man's bone appeared to protrude out of his skin a little where the bone was broken, but it was nothing Ryuu couldn't handle. He had seen worse before. Using his hands to set the bone back into place, and the help of chakra, the bone soon appeared to be aligned again. It was a bit difficult as he had to do it without surgery, but with a lot of poking and prodding into the man's skin, the bone finally moved back into place. Retrieving a cast from his medical items, the boy put the cast around the mans leg firmly, so that he would not be able to bend it. This was done by bringing the white paper like cast under the man's thigh, before folding it upwards. He bent it upwards, setting it with strong glue. It would not come off easily now. He would come back to heal it more properly with chakra in a bit.

Next, he moved on to the wound. About 8 centimetres in diameter, it was large for a wound. Ryuu summoned a bottle of 96% ethanol. He poured a little of it on the patients wound, letting it disinfect whatever may have gotten on to it. Then, after asking one of the surrounding family members for clean water, he gently poured a little over the wound, patting the blood off with small cotton balls. He apologised for the mess. Then he put some ethanol on it again. Molding chakra in both his hands then, the boy formed it as a greenish aura, indicative of healing chakra. Holding one hand over the wound, and the over the cast with the broken bone, Ryuu let the chakra heal both the injuries. Slowly, the wound started to close up, and the bone and the surrounding tissues around the bone would heal a little. Although the wound would be fine, the bone would still need a lot of rest to recover though. The wound did not even need any bandages, because of how well it healed before Ryuu's eyes. When the man would wake up, he would not even see any trace of it anymore.

Lastly, the boy had to find the correct medicine for the fever. With the man still asleep and oblivious to what was going on, Ryuu reached into his bag, reaching out for all sorts of pills and medicines. After a lot of scrambling around, he finally found the one he wanted. A bottle with small tablets, Ryuu read the label. Coptis. This was just the one he needed. A plant whose roots were harvested for their medicinal properties, it was bitter, but it helped relieve fevers. Taking two out of the bottle, the boy pressed one into the unconscious man's mouth, then poured a bit of water down into his mouth. Eventually he heard him swallow as the anesthesia started to wear off. Ryuu left the other one on the bedside table next to the man.

Writing on a paper, the boy then informed the family that Kaito would need 6 weeks of keeping the weight off his leg, meaning he would need to use crutches. After that, he was free to take the cast off and walk again. He also told them to give him the second pill for the fever in 8 hours, and that the fever should subside the next day. The pain would last quite a while though, as it was a broken bone after all. The family, ever so grateful, nodded and thanked Ryuu so much, saying how glad they were to have Kaizen in the land. Of course, given what had just happened with the clan, Ryuu felt a little awkward but didn't let this show. Instead, he quickly left the house with the town head, who had been with him the whole time, just as Kaito was gaining consciousness. He did not particularly want to stick around. The elderly man gave Ryuu his blessings for a safe travel, and then Ryuu was off. He knew where to go. The voices in his head told him. Come to the East...

(Iryō Ninjutsu: Masui Sejutsu) - Medical Technique: Secret Anesthesia Technique
Damage Points: N/A
Description: The user will charge a special chakra into one of his hands manifesting it as an ethereal pure chakra familiar, resembling a snake. It will then bite the patient, injecting chakra into him[/]. This chakra is designed to render a patient unconscious. The effect takes some time to establish and the patient needs to be still for it to be successful but is very useful to perform surgery, suturing wounds, setting bones straight, etc as it effectively sedates the patient and acts as a general anesthesia. While it can be used in battle, its almost impossible to do so because of the time it takes for the sedation to work and the need for the connection to remain intact until it does work.
Note: Lasts 2 turns

Description: The medical shinobi bites his thumb and draws his Medical Kanji on the Medical scroll underneath the symbol of the tool he desires to summon.
* メス - scalpel, sterilized
* ナイフ - knife
* アルコール - a bottle of 96% ethanol for disinfection
* 水 - a bottle of sterilized water
* スポイト - syringe, sterile, for one time use only
* アドレナリン - adrenaline, to be injected intravasculary, induces faster heartbeat
* 包帯 - bandage, sterile, 8 meters in length
* 血液 - a set of everything you need to draw someones blood (Sterile syringe, vacuum system and a test tube.)
* 温度計 - mercury thermometer, for axillary or rectal use
* ベッド - a mobile bed to carry patients
* バグ - bug spray, effective against all bugs, lasts for 2 turns (used in cases when your patient is having a reaction to multiple bug stings, and there are still some bugs around it, so you spray-kill them. Kills bugs up to A rank if they've been created/summoned from a jutsu like the Aburame techniques)
* テント - a small tent, just enough for two people to lie in
* 光 - a flashlight
* ガスマスク - gas mask with a bottle of oxygen that lasts 5 turns (Not 100% effective against all types of poison/gas. The purpose is to protect the user from breathing in toxic substances, keeping the lungs safe. However, if the poison gets absorbed through the pores of the skin it will still affect you).
* 流体 - a set to start an intravenous fluid addition line, helpful with dehydration amongst many other conditions
* モルタル - mortar and pestle, chemically clean
* スプーン - spoon, sterile
* パテ - putty knife, metal, sterile
* 研究所 - a small hut. Into the walls of that house, parts of Nexus' eyes DNA have been inserted, so now it mixes Time And Relative Dimensions In Space , creating an effect of being larger on the inside then it is on the outside. Inside is an advanced laboratory with everything needed to create antidotes and medicines.

(Iryō Ninjutsu: Shōsen Jutsu) - Medical Technique: Mystic Palm Technique
Chakra: N/A (2x the amount of damage healed, 200 max)
Description: This medical ninjutsu allows the user to speed up the body's natural healing process by focusing chakra onto their hands, forming an aura of greenish chakra which he then sends into a wound or afflicted body part. This allows the user to heal a patient without the need for medical equipment or surgery, making it very useful on the battlefield. It can be used to treat both external and internal injuries. It is vital to match the amount of chakra used to the severity of the affliction or injury. This requires a great amount of chakra control. Because of this, only a few highly skilled medical-nin are able to use this technique. The limitation of the technique is that it cannot regrow missing body parts or remove with poisons or toxins, though it can heal damage by them. Additionally, perhaps its more severe drawback is the chakra cost, which is much higher than any other medical technique. For each damage point the user of the technique wishes to heal, he needs to spend twice as much chakra. Basically, for x amount of damage the user needs to spend 2x amount of chakra to repair/heal. The user can also use this technique on himself and it can be used with one hand or two and even in two targets at a time or while using another technique with the other hand. The speed of the healing is fast but not instant.
Note: Can be used on up to 2 targets.
Note: Can only be used by Medical Ninja.

Chakra: 1550 - 20 - 20 - 100 = 1410

~End of mission~

Ushiro

Legendary
Kin
768💸
Kumi
99💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
This post marks the beginning of my mission using this storyboard element:
-Stop a runaway ship (2)

Summary: After reclaiming a stolen ship, Yayoi has to sail it back to Kurikita safely without any assistance from a crew. Having no prior experience she must rely on the experience of another.

When the news spread that the stolen pirate ship had been taken once again, the townsfolk become anxious. For so long they’d used any means necessary to keep off the pirates’ radars given how close they were to the river where most of them lived. Crossing the most infamous of the pirate factions was suicide in their eyes, so imagine their relief when they saw one of Kaizen’s members board the stolen ship and take it back. However, it wasn’t the end of their worries.

The ship sailed erratically, veering left, then right, then left again as though it couldn’t decide on a direction. There was a simple reason of course, Yayoi had never sailed a ship before. She knew it had something to do with wind and sails but was baffled by how complicated it was. Not to mention that she was only one person. The most she could do was spin the wheel in whatever direction didn’t send it crashing into the rocky shore. For a while she thought meandering through the water would slow her down but the ship was intent stubbornly maintained its speed.

Yayoi knew she didn't need to go through so much effort when jumping off and walking to shore was much simpler. She had no particular attachment to the ship, she didn’t even like ships, yet she was utterly determined to tame the unruly vessel. Maybe she sought a distraction, something to keep her thoughts off of recent events like the conflict between her and Ryuu. They both acted strangely back then and it was hard to accept what happened. So she resolved to stop the giant ship as though her pride hinged on it.

Despite trying her hardest to focus, Yayoi felt her concentration waning. Her vision turned hazy like she’d entered a fog and she looked around, alarmed. Figures were moving about the ship, fading in and out of sight like apparitions. Wasn’t she alone on the ship?

You got it all wrong! Turn into the wind just until she starts to slow, ease sails, then…

A source-less voice spoke to Yayoi and her confusion lessened considerably. She trusted it and allowed herself to instinctively follow its instructions. Words and phrases she never heard before made perfect sense to her in the moment. That was because it wasn’t real, it was a memory, a memory belonging to a certain Captain. For once, he wasn’t screwing things up for her. She no longer blindly moved around the ship but quickly shifted from task to task. This was the kind of work normally delegated to multiple people, but as a single person she had to move fast. Once she’d used the wind to slow the ship down, she turned perpendicular to the wind so it wouldn’t accelerate too suddenly. Adjusting some of the ropes leading up the the ship's masts, she loosened the rigging of the sails as though she’d done so many times before and reduced their speed further. By limiting the amount of wind going into the sails she was able move at steady pace and maintain some control over the ship’s course. When she neared the shore the onlookers directed Yayoi back to the cove where the ship was originally moored. After searching for bit she found the anchor and let it bring the ship to a stop in one of the deeper parts.

A few days later, Yayoi was boarding the giant ship yet again. This time she had a destination in mind and a fully functional crew eager to join her for the chance to sail again. She had to meet up with the rest of Astra and bring their ship to them.

~Leaving LM

Ryóma

Legendary
Kin
495💸
Kumi
23,879💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Save some residents of your landmark from a large disaster (4)

Summary: A large earthquake can be felt in the land, prompting Ryuu to action. Immediately, he helps as many people around him to not get caught up in the disaster. One young child gets caught in a tall building, prompting Ryuu to rescue him too.

Although he had planned to leave this area for a while and go to the new lands recently discovered in the East, Ryuu had a change of heart as all of a sudden, the voice calling him to the east stopped tugging at him, and the weapon core he held also seemed to lose its importance for the time being. He wasn't sure why this was the case. Not only that, but the boy felt very guilty about what happened earlier between him and his clan mates, and he had been brooding quietly over that in Kaizen's base.

Leaving the base for a bit to go out and get some food for himself, Ryuu was walking through the town, when all of a sudden, a loud rumbling sound could be heard by everyone including him. It seemed to be coming from a distance, growing louder with each second. Activating his Byakugan, Ryuu looked out to the distance to see what was happening. At first, he did not notice anything, but then he realised that the grounds close to them were shaking, and whilst it was still registering in his mind that it was probably an earthquake, it hit Kurikita too. All of a sudden, Ryuu could hear screams and cries of alarm as people struggled to keep their balance. Buildings started falling, the ground started cracking, and the water on the shore grew large, with big, dangerous waves coming up the shoreline.

(Dōjutsu: Byakugan) Eye Technique: The All Seeing White Eye
Chakra: 15 (+5 per turn to keep active)
Description: The kekkei genkai intrinsic to both the Hyūga and Ōtsutsuki clans—descendants of Kaguya Ōtsutsuki. Those who possess this dōjutsu have it manifested as eyes with featureless white irides and no visible pupils. And when activated, the pupils become more distinct and the veins near their temples bulge. To activate the dōjutsu, Hyuga but not Ōtsutsuki clan members are initially obliged to use a rather long and specific sequence of handseals: Horse → Tiger → Boar → Hare → Rat → Dog → Horse → Dog → Hare → Rat → Boar → Snake. But once activated, the dōjutsu user is endowed with a range of skills.

To start, an activated Byakugan gives the user a near 360º diameter field of vision bar one blind spot at the back of the neck, above the first thoracic vertebra. Its vision can penetrate through any solid objects or obstructions, and likewise remains unaffected by blinding interferences. But that being said, certain barriers and the like may distort its perception. In addition, it is able to follow high-speed movements, which enables those with this dōjutsu to analyze their foes' actions and better react to them. The Byakugan is also able to see chakra to a higher degree than the Sharingan and ergo, identify where a person's chakra signature originates from. Beyond that, it can discern certain types of clones from the real person. And its ability to see chakra is in fact so acute that those who possess this dōjutsu are even able to see the chakra pathway system and the 361 tenketsu that comprise it. The Hyūga clan has gone so far as to develop their unique Gentle Fist style in order to capitalize on this particular ability.

Note: Hyuga clan bios of at least Sannin rank become able to passively activate their dōjutsu upon one month having passed since Gentle Fist training concluded. Ōtsutsuki bios never need to expend a move in order to activate it.
Note: While traversing the NW, bios with activated Byakugan are able to see up to two 2 adjacent landmarks away while those of sage rank can see as far as three away, but this doesn't extend beyond an ocean landmark.

Ryuu immediately sprang into action. Removing his leg weights, the boy started dashing around in order to help villagers in danger. Close by him, there were a few buildings falling, and people would be caught underneath them if he did not take action. So Ryuu performed the Snake hand seal before raising his right arm into the air. A spear of lightning shot out from his hand, branching outwards in different directions at intense speeds. The spears went on to smash into the buildings, causing them to break up into small pieces before scattering onto the ground. Some pieces hit some of the residents, but they would suffer far less damage like this than if the whole building fell on them. They got away mostly unscathed, with only cuts and bruises. The people in this area, scared, stayed in the empty clearing now, though many struggled to keep their balance and fell to the ground. At least there were no standing buildings around them to injure them now though.

(Katai Omori: Doroppu) Leg Weights: Drop
Chakra: N/A
Damage: N/A (+20 to Kicks, 2x Running Speed)
Description:
The user stops, bends over to reach his legs and unstraps his leg weights, dropping them to the ground. As a result the user gains a drastic boost to his running speed (doubles) and +20 to all his Strong Fist Kick-related moves. However, this boost in strength and speed is completely nullified when releasing the EIG or when using any kind of movement speed enhancement technique or weight manipulation technique; they don't add up on each other.

(Raiton: Gian) - Lightning Style: False Darkness
Type: Offensive
Chakra: 40
Damage: 80
Descripton: The user, after performing the Snake handseal, emits lightning in the shape of a spear from their hands or mouth which then pierces the enemy. Kakuzu, the original user, shoots the technique from his Lightning mask's mouth. Its destructive power is great enough to even pierce through rock; meaning it has a high killing potential. The user can increase the number of spears to attack multiple enemies by branching the main spear. This, coupled with the sheer speed of the lightning, makes it a difficult technique to evade. This strong attack can be defended against by an equally strong attack of the same element such as Raikiri.

Running over to another area, Ryuu noticed another building falling, just one this time, about to hit a few people. Quickly moving forwards, the Taijutsu specialist coated his limbs with earth chakra, before approaching the leaning building and dealing a series of punches and kicks to it. As he did this, the building started to crumble from the bottom. What happened to the building looked pretty much like what happens when a paper is in a shredder. Slowly, the whole building was reduced to rubble, with the onlookers safe.

(Kasshoku Ryuu Yajuu Iwa Hakaisha) - Brown Dragon Beast Earth Destroyer
Chakra cost: 30
Damage points: 60 + 20 = 80
Description: By coating their limbs with earth chakra the user is able to deliver a variety of heavy, but powerful attacks mimicking falling rocks, each one capable of breaking steel. In addition to its offensive capabilities this technique also strengthens the durability of the user’s limbs considerably, granting them the toughness of metal.

Not staying to receive the gratitude of the villagers he just saved, as he wanted to keep saving more people, Ryuu went on to a different location. He was so fast that his people barely noticed him as he whizzed past them. He even saved people stuck in cracks in the ground made by the earthquake by pulling them up one by one. Sometimes, his foot would get stuck in the crack too, and he would have to coat it in chakra to make it easier to free. Heading to the shore then, Ryuu noticed that the large waves threatened to swallow some of his people up. They were running higher up to the land, but the waves were too fast for them... Luckily for them, Ryuu came to their aid. Slamming his hands onto the ground a few metres away from the running people, Ryuu lowered the ground between the villagers and the water in a straight line, so that a trench 20 metres deep was created in which the water simply seeped into. This gave ample time for the villagers to run away to safety.

(Doton: Chidōkaku) - Earth Release: Moving Earth Core
Type: Supplementary/Defensive
Chakra: 30
Description: The user slams his hands on the ground and lowers or raises the ground in the surrounding area at high speeds, allowing them to create giant holes in the ground or avoid attacks. The size of the affected area as well as the depths that it is lowered to is up to the user and raising earth can be done up to 20 meters tall creating a small cliff or they can create trenches that can be as deep as 20 meters. Other than being moved below ground relative to the surrounding surface the terrain is not altered, plant life and people retaining their same positions.

After doing that, Ryuu panted a little, trying to catch his breath. Running around at top speed and throwing out techniques one after the other was not that easy. But he persisted. Running back to the heart of the town, Ryuu heard different cries of alarm then. Though the ground still shook violently, many people stood (or sat, depending on their balance) outside a large building, looking up. What had gotten their attention was a little child who looked to be 2 years of age at most, stuck on the seventh floor of the building. His eyes were wide with fear as he looked down from the window, and it looked as if he could fall at any moment. Not wasting a moment, Ryuu started dashing up the side of the building, using chakra on his feet to stick to the walls. As he started running however, the building started to loosen and crumble, and he started to lose his footing. At the height of the fifth floor, the ninja started to fall... Onlookers from below gasped in horror as Ryuu made his unplanned for descent to the ground. Thinking fast, Ryuu spun in the air, doing a back flip to make sure he could land on the ground on his feet. As he landed, the boy rolled on the ground again, spreading the impact of the blow. At the same time, he had also applied more chakra to his feet to soften the impact. A little injured from this, Ryuu did not show it though. The building was completely crumbling now, and the child finally fell...

Not strong enough to quickly jump and catch the toddler, as Ryuu had just sustained a fall himself, he instead took out a scroll and quickly drew a bird on it. Immediately, an ink bird materialised, catching the boy on its back as he fell. It flew with him, before gently landing on the ground. Immediately, the mother of the child broke down into tears as she embraced her son, who was also wailing. She gratefully thanked Ryuu in between her sobs. Ryuu nodded, hiding the pain in his leg from falling. Fortunately for him, just as quickly as the earthquake had started, it stopped all of a sudden. Confused but relieved, the boy looked around, before noticing a thin beam of blue light in the distance. He knew it was very far away though, because even with his Byakugan, he could not see the source. It appeared that the others around him could see it too, as everyone started pointing to it and wondering what it was. Ryuu had no idea, but he had a bad feeling about all this...

(Ninpou: Choujuu Giga) - Ninja Art Beast Imitation
Type: Supplementary/Offensive
Chakra Cost: 15
Damage Points: 30
Description: The user uses his Ink to draw several animals that can attack, bind, and allow the user to fly. These animals can range from variety but cannot exceed 5 meters in size.
Note: Creates up to 5 animals.

Chakra: 1600 - 15 - 40 - 30 - 30 - 15 = 1470

~End of mission~

Ryóma

Legendary
Kin
495💸
Kumi
23,879💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Prepare one of the landmarks you own for immediate or future attacks (3)
Heal those who sustained moderate to serious injuries during the earthquake (4)

Summary: In the wake of the earthquake, many are left with injuries, and Ryuu realises that something is happening on a larger scale. He decides that the citizens have to go into hiding in case of an attack. He also heals the injured citizens.

Ryuu sat on the ground after saving the child, dumbfounded as to what that bright shining light was. He could tell that it was something involving a lot of chakra, as he could vaguely sense it. It somehow produced feelings of anxiousness within him, without him even knowing what it was. Others around him were also looking at it, squinting their eyes to see if they could discern what it was. Some people were lamenting about how the town was a mess now and that everything would have to be rebuilt. Listening to their conversations, he thought he could not let that happen. There was no point in rebuilding right now when the future was so uncertain. For all they knew, another earthquake could come after the rebuilding took place, or perhaps someone might even attack them.

Attack? Ryuu let that word sit in his mind for a bit. Of course, with such a huge amount of chakra being channeled into light, it was not such a far-fetched idea to think that this small town could be attacked. That meant the citizens were in danger! Quickly getting up on his feet, Ryuu stumbled and fell right back down, forgetting that he had a bit of an injury. Cursing his foolishness in his mind, the boy focused chakra in his hands, forming an aura of greenish chakra which he placed above his injuries. Quickly, he managed to get himself healed up enough to move around comfortable again.

Chakra: 40 (2x the amount of damage healed, 200 max)
Description: This medical ninjutsu allows the user to speed up the body's natural healing process by focusing chakra onto their hands, forming an aura of greenish chakra which he then sends into a wound or afflicted body part. This allows the user to heal a patient without the need for medical equipment or surgery, making it very useful on the battlefield. It can be used to treat both external and internal injuries. It is vital to match the amount of chakra used to the severity of the affliction or injury. This requires a great amount of chakra control. Because of this, only a few highly skilled medical-nin are able to use this technique. The limitation of the technique is that it cannot regrow missing body parts or remove with poisons or toxins, though it can heal damage by them. Additionally, perhaps its more severe drawback is the chakra cost, which is much higher than any other medical technique. For each damage point the user of the technique wishes to heal, he needs to spend twice as much chakra. Basically, for x amount of damage the user needs to spend 2x amount of chakra to repair/heal. The user can also use this technique on himself and it can be used with one hand or two and even in two targets at a time or while using another technique with the other hand. The speed of the healing is fast but not instant.

Succeeding in arising this time, the young ninja ran off quickly, looking for the village elder. Not long after, he found the man in the midst of a large crowd. The villagers were all confused, and many of them had flocked off to him to ask what should be done. The man looked a bit flustered, no doubt confused about this whole ordeal. So when he saw Ryuu, relief filled his face as he motioned for the boy to come to him. Moving aside from the crowd who respectfully gave them some space, Ryuu urgently explained to the elder that he felt like a calamity would befall them soon. The earthquake, and that strange light; all too strange to occur at the same time... The man listened carefully, throwing away his plans of having the town rebuilt after Ryuu explained how there would be no point in doing so at the moment. Instead, he explained how he would build an underground fort of sorts for the citizens, so that they could stay in safety should another calamity befall them.

Nodding with understanding, the village elder told the people around him what Ryuu's plans were. They were all supportive of this, and they went and told others who did not hear. After a while, when all the citizens were gathered in one place, the village elder nodded to Ryuu, giving him the go-ahead. Not wasting any time, the boy bit his thumb, performing a series of hand seals. He then slammed his hands into a scroll which he had laid out on the ground in front of him, the contents of which had been draw whilst he had been waiting for all the people to gather here. Immediately, a loud rumbling sound could be heard, as the ground beneath them started changing from around two metres down from them. Since the people could not see what was happening, some thought it was another earthquake, but quickly calmed when they remembered what Ryuu was doing. After a few moments, it was done.

(Doton: Uitenpen) - Earth Style: Wheel Of Fortune
Descripton: The user will bite his thumb and perform the Boar → Monkey → Bird → Monkey → Ram hand seals, slamming their hand into a scroll on the ground. This technique is a combination of the Summoning Technique and an Earth Release technique. The user summons a large amount of rock from a giant canyon which, during the process of being summoned through this technique, he shapes into a design he outlined previously in a scroll. This allows the user to change the topography of the map and create any earthen feature he needs from pillars to gorges, canyons, mountains or simply plains. If the user wants to or is defeated, the alteration ends as any summon eventually does. Additionally he can use (Doton: Dimenshon Fuudo Shihai) - Earth Release: Dimension Topography Control at any point to change the design and alter the summoned terrain.
Note: can only be used once per battle

Ryuu surveyed the ground underneath which they stood with his Byakugan, observing his handiwork. A huge underground mansion, with 4 huge floors. They were so huge that they covered the underground area equivalent to the amount of land that the villagers lived on above ground. Each floor held 20 rooms of comfortable size. In the middle of each floor was a large open space, meant to serve as living rooms and also areas of assembling people together. As Ryuu continued to see what the others could not, he also looked over the smaller rooms on each floor which would serve as toilets. The top-most floor of the mansion had four sets of stairs in each corner, leading to the trapdoors to above ground. They were so carefully concealed and camouflaged in the ground that the citizens right now could not locate them. Ryuu stopped admiring the mansion and started pointing out the doors to the citizens. One by one, everyone started to go inside, some fearful, and others excited at the mansion. It was mainly the children that were excited, Ryuu noted. They were the most open to new things after all. As everyone checked out the underground mansion and settled into rooms of their own in families, Ryuu let them know that this was not all. The rooms were bare, and so items for living comfort would need to be transported down there. As it was, people were already using candles to explore down there, as it was too dark to see otherwise. Ryuu had left tiny holes in some areas on the ground, too small to notice unless one was actively looking for them, which provided a little bit of light, but it only did so for the top floor. The other floors all had candles put in by the villagers.

The task of bringing in items soon started after candles were put into place everywhere. Most of the villagers, apart from the injured ones who were helped down to the mansion by others, started gathering food and water. Even the children helped out. Food that was in packaging was still intact, and people looked for it anywhere and everywhere. Surprisingly, a lot was actually found and was transported down to the mansion. Cooking pots and utensils were also taken down. For water, they found bottled water, but they needed more. There was a well in the town which men and women drew water from, filling up large cylinders with them, which the men carried back down. Eventually, enough food and water was found for everyone, which would probably last about a week, provided they did not eat ravenously. If the current situation lasted longer than that and food ran out, some of the men could always go to the ocean to grab some fish, and water could be obtained from the well again. With those basic necessities out of the way, Ryuu then ordered everyone to go and find bedding. Some of the mattresses were able to be retrieved from under rubble, but some were too deep under. Most of them managed to be recovered though, thanks to the hard work of the adults clearing the rubble. It was difficult getting mattresses down underground, but somehow they managed. Finally, when Ryuu thought that enough items were down there for sufficient and comfortable living, they all went down.

Above ground, not a single person could be seen anymore. However, underground was a different story. It was very lively and noisy, and children ran around everywhere, climbing up and down stairs to different floors, with adults trying to calm them down. But mostly, people were trying to sort everything out in terms of where to put things. As they did that, Ryuu asked for the injured people to be transported to the middle area of the top-most floor so he could heal them. Slowly but surely, patients started filing in. Some were only mildly injured, whilst others had more serious injuries, and so they were laid out on the ground, waiting patiently for their turn. Of course, Ryuu set to work on the patients with the most serious injuries first. Luckily though, there were not many of them at all. Most had escaped unscathed, thanks to Ryuu's heroic efforts during the earthquake.

Kneeling besides a man who had a deep gash in his left leg, Ryuu took out his medical kit and began by gently washing clean water over the large wound. The man winced in pain, but he was soon howling as Ryuu then poured some disinfectant over it. It stung the man a lot, and Ryuu had to calm the man down a bit before moving on. He then put his hand over the leg, forcibly controlling the cell cycle in the man's leg. The cells quickly regenerated, making up for the lost tissue which had left a large wound. Eventually, the gash had closed up, with no trace of the injury remaining. The man watched with wide eyes as his own skin was repaired before his very own eyes. Too stunned to say anything, he lay back down, exhausted from the whole ordeal.

(Iryō Ninjutsu: Saibō no saisei) - Medical Technique: Cellular regeneration
Chakra Cost: 30
Damage Points: N/A (can negate up to 60 points)
Description: The medical ninja forcibly controls the cell cycle of the target tissue, causing rapid proliferation of the cells, thereby regenerating the tissue. This is done by infusing the cells of the target tissue with the users own healing chakra, potentiating mitosis and tissue growth. The drawback of this technique is that its not actually a healing technique but a tissue growth technique. It can serve to grow missing tissue but it cannot heal in the truth essence of the word and in essence is a much simpler application of the Mystic Palm technique.

Next, Ryuu went over to a woman who had large bruising in her right forearm. He suspected it was a broken bone, judging from the deep red bruising and the pained expression on her face. He confirmed this to be true by peering into her body with his Byakugan, finding that one of the bones had splintered, poking the skin in the top of her arm a little. This one was going to really hurt, and so, laying her down, Ryuu charged electrical chakra into his index finger, before sending it into her arm. Immediately, her whole arm became numb, and she could no longer feel the pain. Amazed, she tried to get up to see her arm, but Ryuu gently motioned for her to keep laying down. He then focused chakra into his hands, transforming it into small, sharp blades. He used these to make one accurate incision above the area where the bone was broken. Opening up the skin, the boy then used sterile equipment to straighten the bone up. Once he had put it back into place, the young doctor placed his chakra in the form of a greenish aura over the incision, quickly closing it up until no trace of it remained. Not even a scar. He continued to send chakra through, trying to heal the bone. This took more time, as bones are hard compared to skin, but eventually, the bone was fully healed in its place, with no cracks remaining. Satisfied with this, he left her with a polite nod. She could not feel her arm yet, but once the anesthetic effect wore off, she would notice that it was as good as new.
(Iryō Raikō Ninjutsu: Shinkeikei Konran no Jutsu) -
Lightning Medical Technique: Skill of Nervous System Confusion
Description: The user charges electrical chakra into his index finger and hits the opponent. Doing so temporarily neutralizes all feeling to the targeted area for a limited amount of time, essentially anesthetizing it ( by overloading and numbing the nerves with the electrical discharge ), allowing the medical ninja to perform minor surgery or sutures without the patient having to endure the pain or being able to move his body part. This type of local anesthesia is very effective on the limbs and superficial tissues and, depending on which nerve cluster/pressure point/body area its applied to, can even leave a whole limb anesthetized. In battle, this skill can be used with free form taijutsu to great effect, though, due to the rapid contact, will produce a shorter effect.
Note: Lasts 5 turns for medical uses but only one turn if used offensively.
(Iryō Ninjutsu: Chakra no Mesu) - Medical Technique: Chakra Scalpel
Type: Supplementary/Offensive
Chakra Cost: 15 - 30 ( per turn )
Damage Points: 30 - 60
Description: Chakra no Mesu is a special Ninjutsu technique used by medical ninjas. The ninja will focus chakra to their hands. This medical technique then enables the users chakra to transform into small, sharp blades. This can then be used for highly accurate incisions necessary for surgeries and anatomical dissections. Unlike regular metal scalpels, the chakra scalpel can make cuts inside the body without actually creating an open wound, limiting the risks of an infection (although it can also be used to cut the external tissues as well). The chakra scalpel can also be used offensively, although it requires great precision to be effective. Because of this requirement, using the chakra scalpel offensively is highly unusual. In heated combat, even the greatest medical-nin won't be able to exert the precision needed to make fatal cuts, but it can still effectively cut muscle tissues and tendons, rendering the target immobile. Adding to the technique's blade like quality, it also appears to give the user an increased level of durability over their chakra clad hands. The strength and effects of the technique are determined by how much chakra is put into it and how much skill and focus the user has in the technique. Its effects vary according to the targeted body though to cut through strong tissues such as bone, great skill, focus and chakra is needed. The effect can be sustained while the user focuses chakra into it.
Note: Can only be used by Canon Medical Bios or NB Medical Ninjas.
Chakra: 80 (2x the amount of damage healed, 200 max)

Like this, Ryuu continued to heal patients, with only a few more having major injuries. They involved more broken bones and deep wounds, as well as large amounts of blood loss, for which he had to give them pills to replenish their blood. The rest were pretty minor, and he got them done in barely any time at all. However, it did leave him rather exhausted, and so he sat down to rest for a while. After recovering his strength, Ryuu returned to the village elder, letting him know that he had to leave to investigate what was going on and that they should be safe where they were. The old man let him go, wishing him well as Ryuu slipped off. On his way out, once he was above ground, Ryuu placed an array of explosive markers around each trapdoor, encompassing short range in total. This was to deter any enemies who had found the doors and wished to gain entry. If they tried such a thing, they would be dealing with explosions. Ryuu set it so that it would not react to the chakra of anyone inside the mansion, nor any member of Kaizen. It would only work on people not from here.
(Kekkai Houjin) - Barrier Method Battle Array (4)
Type: Attack
Damage Points: 40
Description: Kekkai Houjin is a high-level Fuuinjutsu trap technique. An array of explosive markers is jointly placed around the boundary of an area. If any opponent walks through the boundary, the seals will activate and explode.

Chakra: 1600 - 5 - 40 - 30 - 30 - 20 - 40 - 80 - 80 = 1275

~End of mission~

Leaving landmark

Ryóma

Legendary
Kin
495💸
Kumi
23,879💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
After creating the underground mansion, Ryuu had intended to go and investigate the source of the earthquake. However, as he went back to above ground, Ryuu had had an ominous feeling and had suddenly been afraid to leave the comfort of his home. There was something out there, something large that was ravaging the world... He had sensed it, that monstrous amount of chakra. Days later, word of a god-like entity had reached this land, and Ryuu was relieved that he did not have to confront such a creature who sounded so terrifying, but also bewildered about her origin. Recently, there had been strange occurrences in the world, although this was the most bizarre of them all. Little Ryuu did not know what to make of the world shaking, or of a huge bright light, or of the appearance of the one called Tiamat. All he knew was that he lived in this nice little village and belonged to a small clan. Although, he had had a falling out with his clan members, leading them to leave... He wondered what Astra was doing now, or where they had gone; he really missed their company now. He was tired of being the only ninja in this place. He wished they could come back, or that other ninjas would join him.

During this time, when nothing came to this land, Ryuu gave the villagers the go ahead to come out of the mansion. Things had settled down, until word of a virus came to the land. Messengers would come with information of this virus from the rest of the world. They said it was linked to the appearance of Tiamat, and that those who had touched her or the matter that she released were converted into different beings. Not long after, the first deaths started occurring around Ryuu. What it looked like at first was a common cold. But before long, many people became sick and started to die one by one. Ryuu himself had been fine at first, but recently even he could feel the effects of some kind of sickness. Something had to be done.

Ryóma

Legendary
Kin
495💸
Kumi
23,879💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Diagnose a local populace (3)
Prevent the spread of the virus into and out of one of your clans landmarks (4)

Summary: In the wake of Tiamat's destruction upon the world, a strange illness started to spread, known as the Red Fever. It claimed the lives of many, and Ryuu makes it a mission to stop the spread from this landmark into other landmarks. First he tests all the villagers to see who has the virus, before containing them.

Day after day, Ryuu would be witnessing deaths of people under his rule. At first he had been baffled, but then word came by that this was a serious illness that was taking the lives of many. It was highly contagious as well, so in this tight knit town, it was bound to spread easily. Although he had been dreading it, he knew what had to be done. All the villagers had to be tested for the virus; every single one of them. It was going to be a lot of work for Ryuu though, but he had best get started. He began by gathering a few representatives for the people together and talked to them about what they were doing. Once they were all gathered before him, he wrote down a message on a paper and motioned for one of the people to read it aloud to the group.

As you all are well aware, there has been an outbreak of some kind of virus in this village. Our fellow villagers are dying, and many more are very poor in health. As such, I've decided that I'm going to be testing all the citizens in order to see who has and who doesn't have the virus. I need you guys to group all the citizens into around 10 groups, then bring me the groups one by one. I'll have a tent ready for them here.

The message was read and the group all nodded in agreement. One of them sighed in relief, saying "Took you long enough", to which Ryuu shrugged apologetically. He could tell that the people in front of him were tired and weary, and that they also looked sick. That is why they were all standing at an appropriate distance away from each other at the present moment. He also made it clear that the people on the groups would also keep safe distances away from each other.

After the representatives went to form the groups, Ryuu set to work. He first summoned a small tent which could fit 2 people in it, along with disinfectant. He also had on hand over a hundred cotton swabs, as well as testing kits. He set up all this equipment neatly in the tent. By this time, the first group of people had arrived and were in a line outside the tent, taking appropriate distancing cautions as ordered by the representatives. At first glance, Ryuu could see that they all looked sick, which was probably going to make the identification process easier for him.

Summoning the first person in, a young woman, Ryuu, who was wearing a mask, checked her temperature; 38.5 degrees Celsius. Seemed like she had a fever. She did look a bit red too. Following up with his suspicions, Ryuu asked her to open her mouth whilst he used a cotton swab to wipe some material from her throat. Then he placed the saliva on a testing kit which had a microscope on it. Next to it, it also had pictures of different virus strains, including the one circulating the world at present; he had obtained it from recent research. Looking at the saliva under the microscope and comparing it to the virus strain images, he eventually found that the woman was infected with the Red Fever. Frowning a little, he handed her a brochure which listed up to date information on this virus; precautionary measures, symptoms and how to stay as healthy as possible. He also wrote 'positive' on it to indicate to her that she was infected. The woman thanked him and walked out of the tent a little miserably. Before letting in the next people, Ryuu had to make sure to disinfect the place the patient had been sitting and also to change his gloves.

Next, a child and his parents came in to be tested. A bit tight for space, but it worked out. Like the previous patient, Ryuu tested these people, only to find that they too were positive. He repeated the same procedure over and over again with all the incoming patients. By the time he had gone through the first group, Ryuu was proficient enough at recognising how the virus looked that he did not have to use swabs anymore. With his Byakugan, he peered into the bodies of people, identifying the virus strains. It was a bit difficult at first, but once he got the hang of it, it occurred pretty fast, so mush so that for the 3rd group onwards, all he had to do was look at all the people who stood in the line one by one at the same time.

By the end of the day, a tired Ryuu rubbed his eyes, sore from being used all day. Unfortunately, it appeared that every single person in this town had the virus; from young to old. The elderly seemed especially frail, and some had passed away already. Ryuu gave them appropriate measures to take, and he gave some of them anti-inflammatory medicines to help with the fevers. Since everyone was now confirmed to have the virus, it made no sense to keep distance, so it was not going to be enforced.

Instead, Ryuu told all the people that to minimise the risk of this virus being spread to other villages, they had to stay here and not leave. They had to be cautious just in case other villages did not have the virus strain, as they did not want to spread it. Some citizens expressed discontent at the idea of being confined to this place, as there were merchants amongst them who needed to trade. But Ryuu assured them that they would be taken care of here; he would not let anyone starve. It was imperative that they listen though. In order to deter anyone from trying to leave, Ryuu had to take some extra measures. As much as he would have liked to trust the citizens and just let them be, he knew this virus was too deadly to allow for that. He could not mess around. And so the next day, once he had some more energy, Ryuu went right to the outskirts of the village, bit his thumb and performed a series of hand seals, before slamming his hands onto a scroll which lay on the ground before him. Th result was that all around the village section of Kurikita, a large amount of rock was summoned, which was used to surround the place with high mountains. A loud roaring sound could be heard as this was done, and the ground trembled violently. The mountains were rocky and sharp; any who tried to climb them would fail. They were slippery in many areas too, so people would simply fall off. The mountains reached so high into the sky that the citizens could almost not see the sky, just almost... When all was done, Ryuu turned around to leave the area, apologising silently to the people in his mind. "Please forgive me"... He had to go to other areas to make sure other people were also safe, and if not, then to help them out.

メス - scalpel, sterilized
ナイフ - knife
アルコール - a bottle of 96% ethanol for disinfection
水 - a bottle of sterilized water
スポイト - syringe, sterile, for one time use only
アドレナリン - adrenaline, to be injected intravasulary, induces faster heartbeat
包帯 - bandage, sterile, 8 meters in length
血液 - a set of everything you need to draw someones blood (Sterile syringe, vacuum system and a test tube.)
温度計 - mercury thermometer, for axillary or rectal use
ベッド - a mobile bed to carry patients
バグ - bug spray, effective against all bugs, lasts for 2 turns (used in cases when your patient is having a reaction to multiple bug stings, and there are still some bugs around it, so you spray-kill them. Kills bugs up to A rank if they've been created/summoned from a jutsu like the Aburame techniques)
テント - a small tent, just enough for two people to lie in
光 - a flashlight
ガスマスク - gas mask with a bottle of oxygen that lasts 5 turns (Not 100% effective against all types of poison/gas. The purpose is to protect the user from breathing in toxic substances, keeping the lungs safe. However, if the poison gets absorbed through the pores of the skin it will still affect you).
流体 - a set to start an intravenous fluid addition line, helpful with dehydration amongst many other conditions
モルタル - mortar and pestle, chemically clean
スプーン - spoon, sterile
パテ - putty knife, metal, sterile
研究所 - a small hut. Into the walls of that house, parts of Nexus' eyes DNA have been inserted, so now it mixes Time And Relative Dimensions In Space , creating an effect of being larger on the inside then it is on the outside. Inside is an advanced laboratory with everything needed to create antidotes and medicines.

Type:
Supplementary
Description: The kekkei genkai intrinsic to both the Hyūga and Ōtsutsuki clans—descendants of Kaguya Ōtsutsuki. Those who possess this dōjutsu have it manifested as eyes with featureless white irides and no visible pupils. And when activated, the pupils become more distinct and the veins near their temples bulge. To activate the dōjutsu, Hyuga but not Ōtsutsuki clan members are initially obliged to use a rather long and specific sequence of handseals: Horse → Tiger → Boar → Hare → Rat → Dog → Horse → Dog → Hare → Rat → Boar → Snake. But once activated, the dōjutsu user is endowed with a range of skills.

To start, an activated Byakugan gives the user a near 360º diameter field of vision bar one blind spot at the back of the neck, above the first thoracic vertebra. Its vision can penetrate through any solid objects or obstructions, and likewise remains unaffected by blinding interferences. But that being said, certain barriers and the like may distort its perception. In addition, it is able to follow high-speed movements, which enables those with this dōjutsu to analyze their foes' actions and better react to them. The Byakugan is also able to see chakra to a higher degree than the Sharingan and ergo, identify where a person's chakra signature originates from. Beyond that, it can discern certain types of clones from the real person. And its ability to see chakra is in fact so acute that those who possess this dōjutsu are even able to see the chakra pathway system and the 361 tenketsu that comprise it. The Hyūga clan has gone so far as to develop their unique Gentle Fist style in order to capitalize on this particular ability.

Note: Hyuga clan bios of at least Sannin rank become able to passively activate their dōjutsu upon one month having passed since Gentle Fist training concluded. Ōtsutsuki bios never need to expend a move in order to activate it.
Note: While traversing the NW, bios with activated Byakugan are able to see up to two 2 adjacent landmarks away while those of sage rank can see as far as three away, but this doesn't extend beyond an ocean landmark.

(Doton: Uitenpen) - Earth Style: Wheel Of Fortune
Descripton: The user will bite his thumb and perform the Boar → Monkey → Bird → Monkey → Ram hand seals, slamming their hand into a scroll on the ground. This technique is a combination of the Summoning Technique and an Earth Release technique. The user summons a large amount of rock from a giant canyon which, during the process of being summoned through this technique, he shapes into a design he outlined previously in a scroll. This allows the user to change the topography of the map and create any earthen feature he needs from pillars to gorges, canyons, mountains or simply plains. If the user wants to or is defeated, the alteration ends as any summon eventually does. Additionally he can use (Doton: Dimenshon Fuudo Shihai) - Earth Release: Dimension Topography Control at any point to change the design and alter the summoned terrain.
Note: can only be used once per battle

Chakra: 1200 - 20 - 15 - 30 = 1135

~End of mission~
Leaving LM

Ryóma

Legendary
Kin
495💸
Kumi
23,879💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Spawning

Fight an enemy much stronger than yourself (5)
Protect a rare and important item (4)

Summary: Ryuu is targeted by ninja unknown to him for a precious item, and he fights to protect it.

As usual, Ryuu was strolling through Kurikita, the first landmark that he had conquered with his clan mate, but now everything seemed to be a far and distant memory, much like a dream. The world as he knew it now was so different, that it was as if he was on a different planet altogether. Ryuu had always minded his own business and so he did not know the details of what happened exactly, but he knew that a great catastrophe had befallen the world, and the moon had also paid the price for it. He wondered how it had even been possible for such a thing to occur, and was so lost in his thoughts about the changing world that he barely noticed a masked man approach him. Stopping a few metres away from Ryuu, he only noticed when the man spoke in a slightly muffled voice, thanks to the mask.

You, are you Ryuu Hyūga?

The man pointed to Ryuu as he asked the question in a serious tone. Ryuu hesitated for a second, wondering why the man was asking. Most of the people who knew him prior to the cataclysm were all dead now. All that protecting of people, and nothing to show for it. Ryuu nodded and looked a little ashamed for a moment, thinking the stranger was going to ask him for protection services or something. So he did not expect it at all when the man, with a slight flick of the hand, threw a shuriken which lodged itself into Ryuu's right shoulder. His nod seemed to have been all the confirmation the man had needed. The stunned boy stood for a moment, reaching to take it out, but stopped himself. If he took it out right now, it would start bleeding everywhere, so he would have to leave it for the time being. Also, 3 other masked men stepped out into view, surrounding him from all sides. The very confused Ryuu listened as they spoke.

This is him. They were right, he really is just sitting here sulking in his previous territory. The man who spoke first sneered and spoke with an air of arrogance, before another one answered.

Okay let's make this quick guys. We don't want her noticing. By 'her', Ryuu assumed they meant Aureliana. She did not tolerate violence well. Let's hurry up and take the stone from him now.

Just then, Ryuu froze as he felt a strange kind of pain extending from his affected shoulder down into his arm, and also up towards his chest area slowly. It seemed that the shuriken had been laced with a poison. And it appeared to be a kind that would paralyse him too if he didn't act fast. Already, his right arm was starting to lose sensation, an odd feeling as he could see his arm but could not feel it. Without his enemies noticing, the little medic focused on his chakra at its core, before allowing it to spread through all his chakra networks up to his skin, visualising it as a yellow and warm aura. When he finished this, the progress of the poison was halted and only his shoulder up till his wrist, as well as a small part of his chest area, was affected. The one who threw the kunai at him was looking towards him for any sign of pain from him now, but Ryuu didn't give any, especially since the poison was not in effect anymore. They did seem a little surprised that he was still standing straight, but pretended not to notice.

Boy, will you make this easier for everyone? We're looking for a special stone with powers, and we received information that you have one in your possession. To an ordinary boy like you, I'm sure it will be of no use. Why don't you hand it over to us? We'll make very good use of it. The man's tone was sweet now, which only aggravated Ryuu. The mute boy simply glared at the 4 strangers, whilst activating his Byakugan. His sight penetrated all around him now, allowing him to see all his opponents at once.

The man who spoke to him raised his eyebrows under his mask and asked,
Oh? So you don't want to make it easy then? Okay, fair fair. He then commanded his allies. Alright, go.

All four men threw different weapons at him all at once. But this time Ryuu was a little more prepared. Gathering chakra at all his tenketsu, the Hyūga expelled it, creating a chakra shield which the weapons clashed with before falling on to the ground around him. But in the time that he did this, he noticed that the enemies had closed in on him even further and were now all only 2 metres away from him. He scanned his surroundings for the best possible course of action. There were people all around, going about their everyday tasks, and few noticed the small scuffle going on thus far. Ryuu had to make sure to fight as discreetly as possible as to not attract the attention of people who would report him to Aureliana. Looking at his opponents, it seemed they were thinking the exact same thing. That was probably why they hadn't gone with a large scale attack yet. This made things a little difficult for Ryuu, as going against 4 opponents in close combat without attracting too much attention would be difficult.

As discreetly as he could, as they all came even closer to him, Ryuu charged his elbows and knees with fire chakra, before starting to perform elbow and knee strikes on his opponents in various manoeuvres. These strikes were enough to break people's bones, so Ryuu was very surprised to see that his opponents were blocking his attacks with ease, and without any repercussions. It appeared as if they were fortifying their hands and legs with large amounts of chakra to defend against his attacks. Furthermore, as his right shoulder and arm was in a lot of pain and partly paralysed, it was very difficult for him to effectively make attacks with the right elbow, making him a bit slower and less accurate in his attacks. These were not just average ninja. For them to defend against this attack so easily without any visible effort on their part showed their strength. A cold chill ran down Ryuu's spine as he stood in the centre of them. Who were these people? In the last two years, Ryuu had lived peacefully without encountering any violence, and so he was a bit out of shape too. At this stage, some people were starting to take notice of this fight, and they had paused their activities at a distance to watch. Usually a very peaceful area, this was a very strange thing for these people to witness.

This time it was their turn to attack. From all sides, Ryuu was met with a number of punches and kicks, all of which seemed to be very chakra enhanced. Ryuu did his best to dodge them, using his hands to push off other's limbs, using his own kunai to push away any limbs that came his way, and also pushing opponents in front of each other to take each others' attacks. However, his arm started hurting more the more he moved, and their attacks seemed to be getting faster, more so than most enemies he had faced so far. After a while, he was panting and getting out of breath. He took one giant jump upwards in order to escape the circle he was surrounded in, jumping in a way that he would perform a giant backflip in the air to escape. But as he reached the top of his jump, at the point where he was facing the sky, he found that one of the men had jumped up after him, and had managed to jump so high that he was even above Ryuu. The man was now coming down with an outstretched leg, ready to send Ryuu crashing into the ground with more force. Again, the boy gathered chakra at his tenketsu, this time only on the area on his front where the kick was about to land. But as the kick made contact with the chakra, it overpowered it, and Ryuu found himself being violently thrown to the ground, where the rest of the men were waiting. As he crashed down, with a dust cloud forming from the impact, Ryuu grimaced and tried to get up, clutching at his belly where he was struck, except they all pinned him down, preventing him from escaping. At this point, many people had surrounded this fight and were looking on in horror to see Ryuu getting all beat up. Most of them knew Ryuu as they would see him often, and it seemed as if some were running off, most likely to call for assistance.

Of course, the masked ninja also noticed this, and realised they needed to end this quickly. Give it up now! The man growled in an urgent and very threatening tone, getting angry with Ryuu for having made them come up to this point and attract this much attention. He kicked him very hard under his ribs in anger. It felt like a few of his ribs were even broken at this point. But Ryuu only shook his head with a slightly pained expression as he tried to hide his pain, albeit unsuccessfully, still struggling to get up. As he did so, he turned around very briefly so that his stomach was on the ground, scrambling on the rocky ground under him with his left hand. To his opponents, it appeared as if he was trying to find some grip to be able to get up, but to Ryuu, it served a hidden purpose. Using all his strength, he did manage to sit up then, but was violently shoved back to the ground on his back as one on the men grabbed him by his neck, sending lightning coursing through his body. This shocked and paralysed him, and he could only stare back in pain with a glazed expression.

Stop, don't kill him! Just take what we need and leave!

The man who was electrocuting him gave a slight nod and released Ryuu. Although, he was now too heavily injured to even be able to move anymore. It was as if he was still under the effects of the paralysis. So as they searched him all over, including his hidden pockets lined inside his clothes, Ryuu was unable to stop them, or even protest when one of the men found a stone in one of his pockets.

Is this it? They were now all hunched over the rock, inspecting it as if it were something very sacred.

What do you mean is this is? It's not going to talk to you and say, 'hah, here I am!' now is it? Of course it is stupid! He mocked the other man as if he were stupid. But inwardly, Ryuu laughed as he knew that the core had indeed talked to him in his head. Let's leave now. We've drawn too much attention already. Let's not stay any longer.

The men all nodded in agreement, so confident with themselves, before disappearing as quickly as they had come. Ryuu was left to just lay in the ground there, and the unsure spectators around were apprehensive, not wanting to approach. After a few more minutes of laying there, Ryuu found the strength to summon a barnacle, Oregon, the boss. As he appeared in a tornado of water, the barnacle looked shocked as he exclaimed, Ryuu! What's happened to you!?

Ryuu only lifted a hand in exhaustion, before remembering he could communicate with his summon through telepathy. Honestly? I'm kind of confused too. Some strange guys just appeared out of nowhere and attacked me. They want what I have. Wait, actually, just take me somewhere else first, please. Before Oregon gently lifted Ryuu in his arms, the boy picked up what he had dropped underneath him during the fight. The barnacle then took off with him, escaping the growing spectators and hiding out in a tree in a small forest. There, he heard the rest of the story from Ryuu.

So they've taken it then? Oregon sounded slightly disappointed and despondent, thinking that he might have to chase down the thieves in order to get it back. But Ryuu smiled and shook his head slowly, opening his palm to reveal the core. What, how?!

When I was laying on the ground trying to get up, I slipped the core beneath me and quickly picked up a random rock instead and hid it in my pocket. They thought it was the real thing! Ryuu was laughing in his mind now, childishly thinking he was absolutely hilarious. Oregon smiled at him with compassion, remembering Ryuu's innocence, and laughed along with him. Anyways, that's why I called you. Ryuu became more serious now as he remembered. Dropping the core into the summon's palm, he gave specific instructions. Oregon, so that it doesn't actually get stolen should something like this ever happen again, I am entrusting you with it. Do not give it to anyone, and do not even let anyone know that you have it. Hide it someplace safe where no one will ever find it, not even me. When I need it, I will summon you again and ask for it. Do you understand? Ryuu spoke so sincerely, taking the matter very seriously. In return, the barnacle bowed his head and promised to keep it safe. On my life, no one but you and I will ever touch this core. He turned the hollow crystalline gemstone around in his large hand, before pocketing it very safely, showing Ryuu that he could be trusted with it.

Now did you want me to take you anywhere to recover? Ryuu shook his head. No, it's okay, I'll be fine now. I'll heal soon. And honestly, I don't think they will realise that they are carrying around an ordinary stone, and even if they do, it will be a long time before they get it verified and come back to look for me. By then, I'll be loooong gone.

Oregon smiled and took his leave then, disappearing in the air. Ryuu just sat in a tree, thinking about what had just happened and wondered what to do next...

Chakra: 1600 - 40 - 15 - 30 - 40 - 20 - 40 = 1415

~End of mission~

(Iryo Ninjutsu: Doku Teikouryoku) - Medical Technique: Poison Resistance
Chakra: ( 40 per turn )
Description: The user will raise his resistance enabling him to stop the progression of a poison, toxin or venom he might have been contaminated with after feeling its first effects. This will not cure the poisoning but rather stop its progression so the user can continue to fight, hopefully winning the fight, to then be able to treat the poisoning. This is a skill that only consumes a move when activated, passively draining chakra, focus and stamina from the user as each turn passes.

Type:
Supplementary

Note: Hyuga clan bios of at least Jonin rank become able to passively activate their dōjutsu upon one month having passed since Gentle Fist training concluded. Ōtsutsuki bios never need to expend a move in order to activate it.

(Jūken: Ichigekimi) - Gentle Fist: One blow Body
Type:
Offensive
Damage: 60
Description: A technique born from the Hyuga clan's intrinsic ability to expel chakra from every tenketsu on their body, a clan member can hit their opponent with a blast of chakra that will send them flying away from the user. It was also shown that this technique can be used with pin-point accuracy to target the weak point of a technique exemplified when Neji Hyūga was trapped by Kisame Hoshigaki's Water Prison Technique, and was able to dispel it.

( Go Ryuu Assai Fungeki ) - Five Dragon Crushing Fury
Chakra cost: 40
Damage points: 80
Description: By charging their elbows and knees with fire chakra this technique enables the user to deliver a wide range of blazing knee and elbow strikes. The attacks themselves are able to break bones and when enhanced with fire chakra they become truly powerful.

(Jūken: Chou) - Gentle Fist: Block
Type:
Defensive
Chakra: 20
Damage: N/A (+10 if the opponent makes direct contact)
Description: The user exerts chakra from several tenketsu from a single part of their body, this chakra is gathered roughly ten centimeters away from the user's skin and forms a small shield of chakra, no bigger than twice the size of an average palm conveniently useable as a way to block tai/kenjutsu attacks(upto B-Rank) but is weak to elemental techniques as it's merely raw chakra which does not require advanced chakra manipulation. If the opponent makes physical contact with the shield they will suffer slight damage across the part of their skin which connected with it. The shield itself is no bigger than twice the size of an average palm and can block Tai/Kenjutsu attacks up to B-Rank as well as Elemental attacks up to C-Rank within reason.

Note: Useable five times per event
Note: Courtesy of Tybone.

(Kuchiyose : Oregon) - Summoning : Oregon
Type: Summon
Range: Short/Mid
Chakra Cost: 40
Damage Points: N/A
Description:The User bites their thumb and wipes it on their tattoo, performing a string of three hand seals and then slamming their hands on the ground which creates a couple metre tall tornado of water with 1 metre diameter anywhere within mid-range except around the opponent - this is harmless and purely cosmetic the water disappears and reveals the summon. The Summon is basically a very large amount of ordinary sized Thoracica type barnacles clumped together to form a humanoid shape, 7 foot tall and a strong looking build. The mastermind of these Lesser Barnacles is the Boss of the Summoning Contract and he is able to command them to do his bidding, 'Oregon' the Barnacle Boss resides in the Head of the man representing the brain and in form he is a very large Barnacle that has outgrown it's shell and so is protected by the other Shells. Oregon wears a mask that looks ever so much like a demon, the mask is a hard calcite shell which is what Thoracica Barnacles are made out of; the mask has two large curved horns which a protrude from his forehead which can be used to impale an opponent - the mask is shaped into a stern face. He also has a tail which is just an extended barnacle tendril he has full control of. Oregon has a greater intelligence and is basically the one whom trained the first Barnacles passing down his knowledge. He can talk or communicate mentally to the Contract signer.

Oregon is a Taijutsu Specialist and he has the ability to perform Taijutsu of up to A-Rank and gets a +10 Damage boost because of his extremely hard body. Since his body is made up of many thoracica type barnacles which have their tendrils also spread out through the body to keep together - means he can be pretty versatile. He can pull apart his own body (except the head) to dodge oncoming attacks like punches or swords and then quickly clamp it shut again, the tendrils of the many Barnacles stretch to allow him to separate his torso or other sections so that he is not hit. When Oregon clamps shut like this, it is strong enough to snap a blade and so can crush bone pretty easily whilst at the same time Barnacles detach from inside his body and attack onto the limb of the enemy if he decides to let them free. The Barnacles that are left on the opponent's limbs can be then set up for the Barnacle Jutsu, "Body of the Thoracica". Oregon can also use this to stretch his limbs or body, making them much longer so he can punch and kick much further, or to further ensnare an opponent. He has one final use of pulling his body apart and that is to be able to completely cover his opponent with his body of barnacles and slowly crush him, this however takes about two turns to actually do some critical damage and it basically becomes the opponent's armour; if Nagashi is used on them it wouldn't be effective and would crush the opponent much faster due to the contraction caused by paralysis.

Oregon has the ability to change his body structure further by changing from a man to a four legged creature very quickly, the only reason he does this is to close distance between his opponent and can do so pretty fast. When running on all fours like this he can close the mid-range gap in seconds but it still trackable and when he goes to attack he quickly changes back into a Man to fight.

He also has a very strong Defense, being made completely out of Thoracica Barnacles it's like being a Walking Piece of Armour, he acts like the S-Rank Earth Hardening Technique in strength except B-Ranks and below have no effect at all. Unless it is Lightning then this immunity only extends to C-Rank and below. He also cannot be effected by Genjutsu of any kind as other Barnacles in his head will take the effect instead of him and because there are many that form the head.

- Oregon can use "Body of the Thoracica" on any Acorn Barnacle on the Field
- Oregon can be summoned with a Weapon made of Calcite Shell, it acts like a normal weapon.
- Oregon separating his body to dodge attacks costs a Move (not if he's doing it to stretch his limb further to attack). He can use this to dodge small scale jutsu as well.
- Oregon changing in the Creature Form to move faster costs a move, changing back doesn't.
- Oregon can only be summoned Once per fight
- Oregon can only last 4 turns on the field
- Must have signed Barnacle Contract
-Approved :

Update Approved :

Last edited:

Ryóma

Legendary
Kin
495💸
Kumi
23,879💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Recover from serious injuries (3)
Escape without being detected (1)

Summary: Ryuu heals from a previous fight

As he sat in the tree wondering what to do, Ryuu decided it would be best to deal with his injuries first. If he was attacked again in his current state, he would not stand a chance. He lifted his shirt up to see the damage, and then wished he hadn't. The whole of his ribs and stomach area were swollen and bruised now, making him look like a canvas that got painted on. Panting slightly from the pain all over his stomach and ribs, in his shoulder and his arm, as well as that of the poison, he thought he would start with the poison ones. But first, in preparation for that, the skilled medic pulled out his medical scroll, before performing the required actions on it to summon a bottle of ethanol and a bottle of sterilised water. Then, performing the Tiger hand seal, Ryuu created water mosquitos which gravitated towards the areas on his body that the poison resided in, before starting to suck it out. As they did this, the boy could feel pain in those areas as the poison was being removed. He didn't mind though, because that pain was less than what he could feel on the inside from the poison, and it eased his suffering as he could start to feel his arm again.

Once all traces of poison were removed, Ryuu carefully pulled the shuriken out of his shoulder, making sure not to cause any more damage as he did so. But as soon as he extracted it, blood started pouring out of the wound. He was prepared though, and quickly set to work on cleaning it by first pouring some of the bottle of sterilised water over it, followed by the ethanol to disinfect the wound, before using the rest of the water to wash his hands. A bit of blood was still coming out of it, and Ryuu quickly focused chakra into his left hand, forming a green aura of chakra around it, before placing it on the wound. He winced at first, but the pain slowly started to lessen as he healed the wound, closing it up until the skin looked as if nothing had even happened to him. The only proof that remained was the bit of blood that had dripped down before he started to heal it. Once the wound was taken care of, Ryuu moved his hand down along the length of his arm, as well as moving it back up into the chest area, healing all the damage that the poison had caused.

Next, Ryuu placed his hand on his ribs, healing all the multiple fractures and broken bones that he sustained when he had been brutally kicked to the ground. He also healed his neck and all areas where the lightning had coursed through his body, and slowly but surely, his body stopped aching and he started to feel normal.

All this took a while to do, and as he finished and closed his eyes briefly to relax, he heard voices approaching. Snapping his eyes open, Ryuu scanned his surroundings with is Byakugan, pinpointing a group of people coming to the edge of the small forest that he was resting in. It appeared as if they had followed him and were now looking for him. Not wanting to wait to find out if they wanted him to help him, or to turn him in for fighting, the young Hyūga got up and started to pack away his medical equipment. Looking at the tree, he could see that there was some blood on it, but it would be too high for his pursuers to notice, as they wouldn't be getting into the trees. However, he did notice that there were a few drops of blood that had dropped down onto the ground under the tree. They would be extremely difficult to notice, but Ryuu decided he didn't want to leave a single piece of evidence as to which way he had gone. There could be a very skilled tracker in the group of pursuers for all he knew. And so he quickly jumped down from the tree, gathering a bit of soil and debris from the ground, and scattering it randomly over the blood. He then wiped his had over everything, brushing things everywhere to make it look natural, as if nothing had ever touched that area.

The people were getting closer now, but they would not be able to see him yet, being a little out of sight. The young ink user then thoughtfully drew a bird in the air, only large enough to fit him on its back. As he sat on the bird, he leaned down a little to erase any footsteps he had made, using the same method that he did to erase the blood, before commanding the bird to weave through the trees silently. As they emerged on the other side, the bird still flew low, in case anyone would notice something high up in the air. They traveled for a while, properly leaving behind their pursuers, and a tired Ryuu left the land on the bird. He wasn't sure what exactly he would do next. Maybe just explore...

~End of mission~

Chakra: 1415 - 5 - 40 - 20 - 30 - 80 - 10 = 1230

( Kuchiyose No Jutsu: Eisei Yougu ) - Summoning Technique: Medical tools

• メス - scalpel, sterilized
  • ナイフ - knife
  • アルコール - a bottle of 96% ethanol for disinfection
  • 水 - a bottle of sterilized water
  • スポイト - syringe, sterile, for one time use only
  • アドレナリン - adrenaline, to be injected intravasulary, induces faster heartbeat
  • 包帯 - bandage, sterile, 8 meters in length
  • 血液 - a set of everything you need to draw someones blood (Sterile syringe, vacuum system and a test tube.)
  • 温度計 - mercury thermometer, for axillary or rectal use
  • ベッド - a mobile bed to carry patients
  • バグ - bug spray, effective against all bugs, lasts for 2 turns (used in cases when your patient is having a reaction to multiple bug stings, and there are still some bugs around it, so you spray-kill them. Kills bugs up to A rank if they've been created/summoned from a jutsu like the Aburame techniques)
  • テント - a small tent, just enough for two people to lie in
  • 光 - a flashlight
  • ガスマスク - gas mask with a bottle of oxygen that lasts 5 turns (Not 100% effective against all types of poison/gas. The purpose is to protect the user from breathing in toxic substances, keeping the lungs safe. However, if the poison gets absorbed through the pores of the skin it will still affect you).
  • 流体 - a set to start an intravenous fluid addition line, helpful with dehydration amongst many other conditions
  • モルタル - mortar and pestle, chemically clean
  • スプーン - spoon, sterile
  • パテ - putty knife, metal, sterile
  • 研究所 - a small hut. Into the walls of that house, parts of Nexus' eyes DNA have been inserted, so now it mixes Time And Relative Dimensions In Space , creating an effect of being larger on the inside then it is on the outside. Inside is an advanced laboratory with everything needed to create antidotes and medicines.
( Iryō Suiton: Suika ) - Medical Water Style: Water Mosquito
Damage: N/A ( -20 damage as the poison is removed )
Description: After using the Tiger seal, the user creates water mosquitoes, that can be used to nullify poison in a target's body. Designed specifically to suck out poison, the user is unable to use anything else while concentrating on the target. Despite being a healing jutsu, the several mosquitoes cause pain to the body as it heals it. This jutsu is capable of removing and countering up to 50 damage done by poison.
Note: Can only be used 1 time per target.

( Iryō Ninjutsu: Shōsen Jutsu ) - Medical Technique: Mystic Palm Technique
Chakra: N/A (2x the amount of damage healed, 200 max)

(Inkupo: Kaiga Natsu) Ink Arts: Painting Summer
Range: Short - Long
Chakra: 10 (-5 per turn)
Description: Usually used as a means for teaching other’s how to paint with ink, Painting Summer allows the user to manipulate their ink in various forms for different reasons such as demonstrating the applications of the ninjutsu. The range of this technique starts from short range as usual, painting the work of art into life such as furniture to sit on due to ink techniques having been known to sustain themselves, small animals for entertainment etc. The vast possibilities are endless, leaving it up to the user’s own imagination – though this technique has no offensive applications inherently though they may draw things such as weapons for demonstrations. These creations cannot be no bigger than five meters in height.