Konoha Tavern - RP General Chat Discussion

Lucidus 🥈

Legendary
Joined
Oct 26, 2011
Messages
12,166
Reaction score
1,423
I debate with NK a lot on who created "z.z". Im pretty sure I got it from him but he says I did it first but if i did, thats my second beat contribution!
Lmfao, thats fair, I am prettt sure I got a lot of emotes from here as well.
 

Troi

♆ Soul of the Sea ♆
Supreme
Joined
Jun 12, 2013
Messages
21,119
Reaction score
1,663
I debate with NK a lot on who created "z.z". Im pretty sure I got it from him but he says I did it first but if i did, thats my second beat contribution!
I got it from Noni. But Noni was like, NK's bff. So if NK got it from you, by default, I got it from you. Brazy world we live. z.z
 

Ańbu Juniør's iconAńbu Juniør

The King of Beasts
Supreme
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
20,143
Reaction score
886
Status
Time to do the consuming work of changing my bios to fit dark mode. I wonder how we survived beforehand? I can't even remember.
 

Versuvio's iconVersuvio

The Founder
Immortal
Joined
Apr 25, 2008
Messages
119,933
Reaction score
5,226
Status
FYI: If you use someone else's roll ID or reuse an old one, everyone will know.

Dice roll Guess what Referenced roll #1
Reused result — not a new roll This result belongs to another post. It is not a new or unique roll for this post. Presenting a reused result as a new roll is cheating.
1d6
3 Rolled + 0 Modifier = 3 Total
 

Lucidus 🥈

Legendary
Joined
Oct 26, 2011
Messages
12,166
Reaction score
1,423
FYI: If you use someone else's roll ID or reuse an old one, everyone will know.

Dice roll Guess what Referenced roll #1
Reused result — not a new roll This result belongs to another post. It is not a new or unique roll for this post. Presenting a reused result as a new roll is cheating.
1d6
3 Rolled + 0 Modifier = 3 Total
This is amazing, I like this.

This was a worry I had with a possible rolling system on the forum.

Is it secured that we would also know if someone tries to reroll? Basically how does it work? is there no way for people to keep rolling until they get their desired result without people knowing?
 

Versuvio's iconVersuvio

The Founder
Immortal
Joined
Apr 25, 2008
Messages
119,933
Reaction score
5,226
Status
This is amazing, I like this.

This was a worry I had with a possible rolling system on the forum.

Is it secured that we would also know if someone tries to reroll? Basically how does it work? is there no way for people to keep rolling until they get their desired result without people knowing?
Results are generated on the server when you submit your post. Previewing or refreshing does not give you a new result, the animation always ends on the saved result.

Regular members cannot replace or remove a locked roll by editing their post. Copying another roll shows a warning that it is a reused result as shown.

Every generated roll is recorded with the member, post, result and time/date. Those records remain always available to admins even if the post is later deleted. An authorised staff reroll preserves the original result, records a reason and marks the replacement as 'Staff reroll.'

However, members can add more rolls, currently up to five per post, and create new posts. Attempts to change a locked result are blocked. Deleted posts or hidden formatting can make previous results less visible to other members, although the records remain.

So admins/staff can investigate repeated rolling, but the system does not enforce 'one attempt per RP action.' at the moment.

Looking for feedback on this one as well.
 

Lucidus 🥈

Legendary
Joined
Oct 26, 2011
Messages
12,166
Reaction score
1,423
Results are generated on the server when you submit your post. Previewing or refreshing does not give you a new result, the animation always ends on the saved result.

Regular members cannot replace or remove a locked roll by editing their post. Copying another roll shows a warning that it is a reused result as shown.

Every generated roll is recorded with the member, post, result and time/date. Those records remain always available to admins even if the post is later deleted. An authorised staff reroll preserves the original result, records a reason and marks the replacement as 'Staff reroll.'

However, members can add more rolls, currently up to five per post, and create new posts. Attempts to change a locked result are blocked. Deleted posts or hidden formatting can make previous results less visible to other members, although the records remain.

So admins/staff can investigate repeated rolling, but the system does not enforce 'one attempt per RP action.' at the moment.

Looking for feedback on this one as well.
By the sounds of it this is already great and pretty much what we are using now. So this is a great addition
 
Top