[Spoilers] Kishimoto Might have explained how Kakashi got his MS.

-The Agent-

Veteran
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
It was stated by Kakashi that he "trained" in order to get his Mangekyo Sharingan. But after reading this chapter I came tot he conclusion that Tobi is the reason why Kakashi developed MS himself.

You must be registered for see images

Both Tobi and Kakashi have the same Mangekyo pattern. When we see Sasuke, Itachi, Madara, and Izuna develop their MS both eyes change at the same time. I believe this is the reason Kakashi obtained his mangekyo. Sharingan eyes are linked it is my belief when one develops into the mangekyo the other one does as well.

Although they both develop at the same time, one eye will become more advanced than the other. For example Sasuke was more skilled with his left eye when he fought Bee, but learned to use his right eye while fighting A.

I'm not saying this is the definite reason, I'm just saying this is what Kishimoto might be implying to us.

Sabuto Hayashi

Elite
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Interesting theory, but I think Tobi had access to his Mangekyo back before the Kyuubi attacked Konoha. If what you said is true, then that would mean Kakashi would have already had the Mangekyou before the manga even begun.

That said, it could be argued that Kakashi has had it all along, but had never built up enough chakra to activate it manually.

Good theory, nonetheless. :D

Luiselcapo

Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
I agree.. but if you guys look carefully at the picture on the right of page 15..It looks like theres that one piece that is attached to his face. everything else broke except that part of his left cheek that we haven't seen. :( I think Kishi is going to drag this to chapter 600 for the big reveal!

-The Agent-

Veteran
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Thanks to every one who agrees.

Interesting theory, but I think Tobi had access to his Mangekyo back before the Kyuubi attacked Konoha. If what you said is true, then that would mean Kakashi would have already had the Mangekyou before the manga even begun.

That said, it could be argued that Kakashi has had it all along, but had never built up enough chakra to activate it manually.

Good theory, nonetheless. :D
Thanks, I agree with what you're saying. I'm thinking Kakashi wasn't skilled enough to activate it until later on when he trained for it. He had the hidden potential just wasn't strong enough yet. MS comes after you suffer sever trauma of losing your closest friend. Kakashi lost his best friend when he was 13 but he's just now awakening the MS? I agree I don't think Kakashi was strong enough to transform his sharingan since his chakra reserves are horrible.

One thing though with your theory,

If Kakashi goes blind then - will tobi go blind too; as the eyes are linked?
Or will they be completely separate of each other, indifferent to the effects?
The weird thing is. Transplanted eyes don't show signs of blindness. Tobi has never shown any sign of losing eyesight, same goes for Kakashi and we've seen him use it 3 times. Danzo has never shown any signs of pain or fatigue when using Shisui's MS.

Sasuke almost went blind fighting the Kages. But he felt extreme pain using his MS when he first used it on Killer Bee.