Bigfoot34501

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I believe that in chapter 588, Kishi ranked the current Kage's in reverse order by their respective appearances in the chapter:

5. Mei:
Mei was the first Kage to be seen in chapter 588, on ; you can see her right before Gaara getting hit by one of Madara's Susanno's. If you look at you can see that her and Gaara are pretty demoralized at that point. Even in the most recent chapter on she suggests giving up after witnessing the power of Madara's perfect Susanoo

I'm not saying she's a weak shinobi in general, she's still one of the most powerful women in the manga. I'm just saying that she's the weakest of the Five Kages. It would make sense though considering she's a relatively new and young Kage that comes from the smallest major village

4. Gaara:
I know I'll be flamed for this, but Gaara did appear right after Mei, and as I showed earlier he seemed pretty demoralized as well. Once again, I'm not saying Gaara is a weak shinobi, but he is only 16 atm. I believe that currently, Gaara is weaker than the other three Kage's because of his clear lack of battle experience. He'll obviously get better with age, and IMO, he'll surpass the other three Kage's when he does reach his prime and old age. But right now, Gaara is only the fourth most powerful Kage

3. Tsunade:
Tsunade appears right before A and right after Gaara on of chapter 588, and this signifies that she is currently the third most powerful Kage in the series. Yes current Tsunade>current Gaara, but there is only two reasons for this. One, Tsunade is technically Immortal, and two, she has a WAY more battle experience than Gaara and Mei have had. I mean she is 54 years old, Gaara is 16. She did fight in the Second Shinobi World War, and she may have fought in the Third one two

IMO, I think that Gaara and Mei will eventually surpass Tsunade as they gain more battle experience

2. A:
As I showed earlier, A appears right after Tsuande to berate her about her fighting style. And it's pretty clear that A, even without his left arm, is an immensely powerful shinobi. He may not be as powerful as his father, but he should have a healthy amount of battle experience being in his 40's, and he definitely deserved his title as head of the Joint Shinobi army. Although once again someone like Gaara has the potential to surpass him

1. Onoki:
I originally thought Onoki was the weakest Kage due to his age, but he does appear last in chapter 588 on , and he's clearly holding his own against Edo Madara, unlike the other Kage's who are somewhat struggling. Onoki with his battle experience and being from the most powerful generation of Kage's (do not contest me on that point, it's not the point of this thread :flaw:) is clearly the most powerful current Kage in the manga. He's also the one to destroy most of the Edo Madara wood clones who were giving the Kage's trouble. Him being the most powerful current Kage is further proven when Madara acknowledges that he is the biggest problem on

So do you guys think that this is what Kishi wanted us to think about the ranking of the current Kage's?

Last edited:

Dantee

Kin
0💸
Kumi
343💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Hmmm probably. Although Oonoki was completely out of stamina and couldn't do anything without Tsunade. The fight against Edo Madara is a team effort and you shouldn't judge ranking base on this one scene.

Bigfoot34501

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hmmm probably. Although Oonoki was completely out of stamina and couldn't do anything without Tsunade. The fight against Edo Madara is a team effort and you shouldn't judge ranking base on this one scene.
Of course, but from what we've seen in the entire manga, combined with this scene, I believe ranks the current Kage's

Stark

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Gaara deserves a higher spot, he fought the 2nd Mizukage, 3rd Raikage. Who did the Raikage fight? Only Madara. Gaara is clearly 2nd.

Bigfoot34501

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Agreed.
How did you notice that? xd
I noticed it after I saw Gaara and Mei demoralized. I then realized that:

-Mei is just flat out getting manhandled by the Susanoos

-Gaara was desperately on the defense before getting manhandled by the Susanoos

-Tsunade seemed to be on a suicidal offense as she spammed Creation Rebirth before being manhandled by the Susanoos

-We didn't see much of A, but he seemed to be doing a mix of defense and offense before being manhandled by a Susanoo

-And Onoki was the only one who wasn't manhandled in that scene xd

Gaara deserves a higher spot, he fought the 2nd Mizukage, 3rd Raikage. Who did the Raikage fight? Only Madara. Gaara is clearly 2nd.
Gaara is only 16 years old. He's clearly going to surpass A and Tsunade, but this situation reinforces that he hasn't done it yet. He's still a Kage level shinobi though, and that's why he beat his father and the Second Mizukage

Last edited:

Amaterasuice

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well, we don't know for sure.

Imo,

1. Tsunade: Most experience, one punch they're probably dead, and creation rebirth.

2. Raikage: I mean, he might be on par with Tsunade...but he's too rash.

3. Oonoki: Overall power, he wins. But his stamina and taijutsu skills make him weaker.

4. Mei: I think she's close to being on par with Tsunade..because, well, the kages are all close in level anyway. But, she's just keeps not doing much.

5. Gaara: He's great and all, but yet again....he's only like 17. He needs more experience.

Last edited: