Immortal
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Kenjutsu... describe what Kenjutsu is to me in your own words, then tell my how you'd use Kenjutsu in your style of fighting?
Kenjutsu is a military art form which was created in Japan in the 15th century. It was primarily designed to prepare samurai, as well as ordinary soldiers for combat on the battlefield. The main emphasis of kenjutsu centres on the practice of swordsmanship. But in some styles the practice of other battlefield-related weapons is also an integral part of their martial study. At the simplest level, it can be viewed as a collection of combat techniques for various weapons, most notably the sword. At a more complex level, it can be considered the study of the strategy large-scale and small, offensive as well as defensive.

I´m not completely decided how to use Kenjutsu in my fighting style: I was thinking if it´d make more sense keep using the sword if my sword is already out o_o So I won´t have to put the sword somewhere else or put it away to make the handseals ._.

Shinta

Legendary
Kin
1,184💸
Kumi
9,485💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Coolio, we'll work on your style of use later... or you'll work it out yourself with experience xD

Describe to me the differences in using a one-handed grip vs a two handed grip in battle, then describe the differences between a one-handed-sword and a two-handed-sword in battle?

Uzumaki Naruta

Immortal
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Coolio, we'll work on your style of use later... or you'll work it out yourself with experience xD

Describe to me the differences in using a one-handed grip vs a two handed grip in battle, then describe the differences between a one-handed-sword and a two-handed-sword in battle?
- One-Handed grip is faster. It offers maneuverability and is easy to chain attacks after.
- Two-Handed grip is strong but slow. But it offers less maneuverability and is hard to chain attacks after.

- One handed sword are sword that people hold in one hand
- Two handed sword are sword that people hold in two hands

=D

Last edited:

Shinta

Legendary
Kin
1,184💸
Kumi
9,485💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Sword lengths are actually listed (western swords anyway) by how many hands that can fit on the handle. So a one-handed sword would only have room for one hand, while a two handed sword would have room for both your hands and are generally a larger sword.

Anyway, we'll get straight to the techniques...

Walk over to that training dummy and proceed to attack it with a series of slashes, varying from vertical to horizontal and everything in between. Also, imagine the training dummy is an actual person and state possible injuries each of your slashes will cause, as you land each hit.

(Ken Rendan no Jutsu) - Sword Barrage Technique
Type: Offensive
Range: Short
Chakra cost: 10
Damage points: 25
Description: With this technique, the user will make a sequence of slashes with their sword and finishes with a powerful final slash dealing liberal damage to their enemy.

(Ikari Nomikomu no Jutsu) - Fury Swallow Technique
Description: The user punches the opponent a few times and finishes them with two final slashes with their blade or sword.

Do pretty much the same with this jutsu, however you will first attack with some punches and two final slashes of your choosing, I'd go with two diagonal slices as they tend to be easier to switch into.

Uzumaki Naruta

Immortal
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Sword lengths are actually listed (western swords anyway) by how many hands that can fit on the handle. So a one-handed sword would only have room for one hand, while a two handed sword would have room for both your hands and are generally a larger sword.

Anyway, we'll get straight to the techniques...

Walk over to that training dummy and proceed to attack it with a series of slashes, varying from vertical to horizontal and everything in between. Also, imagine the training dummy is an actual person and state possible injuries each of your slashes will cause, as you land each hit.

(Ken Rendan no Jutsu) - Sword Barrage Technique
Description: With this technique, the user will make a sequence of slashes with their sword and finishes with a powerful final slash dealing liberal damage to their enemy.

(Ikari Nomikomu no Jutsu) - Fury Swallow Technique
Description: The user punches the opponent a few times and finishes them with two final slashes with their blade or sword.

Do pretty much the same with this jutsu, however you will first attack with some punches and two final slashes of your choosing, I'd go with two diagonal slices as they tend to be easier to switch into.
I walk to the training dummy you pointed at and then I raise my arm and do a vertical slash on the dummy´s left side (if it was a person it´ll deal cut on his left side) and then I move my arm so that the sword would be on the opposite side and then I raise my arm, doing an upward slash on the dummy´s right side (if it was a real person it´ll deal cut on his right side) and then I finally move my arm horizontally dealind an horizontal slash at the level of the dummy´s neck (if it was a real person it´ll deal an horizontal cut across his neck that can make him bleed to death if he doesn´t move away O_O)

I then punch the training dummy´s center with my left fist and then I follow up with a punch with my right fist and I hit with my left fist once more as I grab the sword with my right hand and then moving my right hand upwards to the right slicing the dummy diagonally and then I move my left hand to my right hand putting them together in front of me before I move them down doing a vertical slash downwards.

I´ve always had difficulties in describing movements since English is not my native language. So I´d appreciate if you can correct me if I make any mistake (no matter if it´s RP-training wise or grammar/vocabulary wise). Thank you in advance ^^

Shinta

Legendary
Kin
1,184💸
Kumi
9,485💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'm happy with your descriptions, though I will keep your note in mind and correct you where I feel it is needed. ^^

[JUTSU]( Enjin Ranbu ) - Circular Wild Dance
Type: Attack
Chakra cost: N/A
Description: The user spins with his tantō, hitting the target several times.[/JUTSU]

I like to use this picture from The Legend of Zelda to help depict this move xD

You must be registered for see images

It's a pretty straight forward attack, better used with a slightly smaller weapon, simply spin around on the spot with your weapon outstretched. What could be a possible opening with this jutsu that could be exploited by your opponent?

In this attack, you'll use your sword as a sort of Pogo-stick... landing on your targets head if possible. Leap up into the air before pointing the tip of your blade down towards the ground, lifting your feet up so they rest a around half-way up the blade but positioned so that you can safely land on the ground if you miss. Hold your weight close to the sword for maximum impact and hold on firmly to the handle... simply so the force is not wasted xD

( Rakkasui ) - Falling Water
Description: The user will drop down upon the opponent from mid air pointing their sword downwards and drilling it down into the opponent.

So, what could go wrong with this jutsu if not executed properly or against a faster opponent?

and another picture of the same character, but this is from the game Super Smash Brothers:

Uzumaki Naruta

Immortal
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I'm happy with your descriptions, though I will keep your note in mind and correct you where I feel it is needed. ^^

[JUTSU]( Enjin Ranbu ) - Circular Wild Dance
Description: The user spins with his tantō, hitting the target several times.[/JUTSU]

I like to use this picture from The Legend of Zelda to help depict this move xD

It's a pretty straight forward attack, better used with a slightly smaller weapon, simply spin around on the spot with your weapon outstretched. What could be a possible opening with this jutsu that could be exploited by your opponent?
I take the sword and then I spin around once while having my weapon outstretched.

An opening that could be exploited by my opponent is when my back is turned to him when spinning. Also, when spinning with the weapon outstretched, from my waist to lower it´d be open for attacks. Since I´d be spinning and standing, a leg swipe from the opponent aimed at my legs would make me lose balance and fall down.

In this attack, you'll use your sword as a sort of Pogo-stick... landing on your targets head if possible. Leap up into the air before pointing the tip of your blade down towards the ground, lifting your feet up so they rest a around half-way up the blade but positioned so that you can safely land on the ground if you miss. Hold your weight close to the sword for maximum impact and hold on firmly to the handle... simply so the force is not wasted xD

( Rakkasui ) - Falling Water
Description: The user will drop down upon the opponent from mid air pointing their sword downwards and drilling it down into the opponent.

So, what could go wrong with this jutsu if not executed properly or against a faster opponent?

and another picture of the same character, but this is from the game Super Smash Brothers:

I leap up in the air and then I point the tip of the blade downwards towards the ground as I shift my weight to the upper part of the sword as the sword impacts with the target

Things that could go wrong if not executed correctly or against a faster opponent is that the sword could get stuck in the ground =D Also, if the attack is missed and your sword is stuck on the ground, it´ll be difficult to take it out and you´d also have left an opening above you and around you.

Sorry for the description lack. Having some family and personal issues going at the moment >_<

Shinta

Legendary
Kin
1,184💸
Kumi
9,485💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
(Bakuchi Tori Kuzu Oujou) – Gambling Bird Arrowroot Death
Chakra cost: 20
Damage points: 40
Description: The user bolts in front of the enemy who they then strike with their sword handle before delivering several kicks that sends the enemy into the air. The user then bolts across to the far off location of the enemy who they then punch violently into an obstacle.

By bolt, a quick step if you are in range will suffice... or just be in close enough reach to draw your sword enough, so that it is still in its scabbard but enough so the pommel of the handle can strike your target; aiming for the gut for easy reach and to wind them for a moment. This will allow you knee them, spin on the spot and kick them and several other kicks... be creative with your kicks, remembering that you can do all sorts of damage with your kicks (within reason). One final kick will send your target airborne, you'll chase on foot and intercept their landing... with a solid punch, slamming them into a tree, rock or the ground.

Now, how could you use this in battle? Also perform the move, describing in detail your hits, what you aim for etc. Also why you aim your hits where you do.

The next two are somewhat similar, in the sense they require a bit of shape manipulation of your chakra around the blade.

(Rensei Shinkuken) – Drilling Crimson Blade
Description: The user takes out their blade and channels chakra into it. They then run towards the opponent, slashing them upwards into the air and then appear above him/her, and deliver a sharp, drilling slash down upon them, impelling them into the ground.

The description tells you what you need to do... what I'm interested in is if you understand the chakra manipulation. Tell me what your chakra is doing around the sword and the effects of it on your opponent. When it says drilling slash, it means you are thrusting the point of your blade towards your target...

(Suraisu Shinku no Nami) - Slicing Crimson Wave
Range: Mid
Description: The user does a simple cresent-shaped slash at the opponent, expelling a red chakra wave.

Simple stuff, you do this with many wind jutsu with either your sword or hands... Describe to me what you are doing with your chakra and attack that pillar of solid rock; as per usual, full description of how you strike and the effects you aim for on the target.