Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
You must be registered for see images

Series Name: Katekyo Hitman Reborn! (Reborn!)

Year of Serialization: 2006

Author(s): Akira Amano

Artist(s): Akira Amano

Genre(s): Shounen, Action, Comedy, Slice of Life, Superpower, Supernatural

Current Status: Hiatus/Completed (?)

Moment of Reviewing: Episode 203

Other Formats: Manga, Light Novel, Game

Series Summary:

Sawada Tsunayoshi or "No-Good Tsuna" is a troubled middle-schooler, One day a baby hitman with a black and orange striped hat and a black tuxedo with a lizard named Reborn enter's Tsuna's life. Reborn tells Tsuna that he has been chosen to be the next boss of the Vongola Famiglia, Tsuna instantly denies the position, but Reborn stay's persistent and continues to try his best to make him fit for his position, and it all goes downhill from there...

Critical Review:

When I started watching Katekyo Hitman Reborn, I did infact feel a little bored at the first 19 episodes, The action that most people anticipate in this series does not come as quick as you think it does. The series takes a slow turn in the first 20 episodes, but things start to pick up quickly as the story progresses. One reason I recommend Katekyo Hitman Reborn! is because of the characters. They all have a will to never give up and to protect what they cherish the most, This series portrays the theme of resolve greatly. I sometimes feel as if the plot is a little hollow, No matter what arc you are in, the antagonist in that specific arc will eventually become a ally with Tsuna and his guardians. It's a interesting concept and I respect Amano for doing that, but some enemies that were dead should stay dead. But flaws aside, the real things I absolutely love about Katekyo Hitman Reborn is the plot and the characters, plot, fighting scenes the shounen genre and the originality that this series portrays. Reborn! has a very original concept about Mafia and guardians, it has alot of deep meaning and really hits the shounen factor in my honest opinion. The fight scenes are well portrayed and I appreciate how they are not as important as the actual story itself. The actual fighting mechanisms really fit the shounen criteria, I really like the idea of flames controlling the specific technique instead of the usual bodily techniques. No matter what anyone say's, Katekyo Hitman Reborn will always be one my of my favorite shounen's. And if you like the above genre's and are interested in a different shounen then usual, I definitely recommend you go check this series out!​

Overall Rating: 9.5/10

Last edited:

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Never watched the anime, but I read the manga. I always had mixed feelings about this series. The X-gloves and all that stuff are cool and all, but storywise it was meh. There were good arcs, but I always had the feeling it went towards nowhere. KHR also has quite a long take-off period. In the first few chapters each series needs to introduce the most prominent characters and the overall setting and after that the series goes into 2nd gear, but KHR really took a long time to do that. Originally I even quit reading the series because it took so long and only started reading it again months after.

I don't know exactly where the anime stopped, but the end of the manga felt quite forced.