Juan Manuel Marquez is a sore loser

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
No offense to the Mexicans, but Marquez is a sore loser. He's just directly above Mayweather who makes lousy excuse and ridiculous lies because he's afraid to lose to Pacquiao.

[QUOTE="Juan Manuel Marquez]“I’ll admit it, I’m a sore loser"

source:
[/QUOTE]

Let's face it. Mexican fans think that Marquez is their last hope to defeat Pacman knowing that each and every single one of the Mexican champions who fought him got owned either by TKO, or simply being beaten by the Filipino pride. I don't have a grudge against Marquez or any Mexicans. But let's face it, it's not fair to boo Pacquiao and throw stuffs at him because there exist the word Fair play and sportsmanship. It just showed what kind of sore losers you really were. No offense, but you should not have sunk low to what you were 4 or 7 hours ago. Let's take the logic clearly:

Challenger - Aggressive
Champion - Defensive

But who was being aggressive during the fight? Was it Marquez? No. It was Pacquiao. Don't tell me your lousy excuse that Marquez is a counter-puncher because he was the challenger. He should have been the one on the offensive.

Let us look at the Stats:

Pacquiao = 578 punches connecting 176
Marquez= 436 punches connecting 138

JABS
Pacquiao = 304 jabs connecting 59
Marquez = 182 jabs connecting 38.

POWER PUNCHES
Pacquiao = 274 power punches connecting 117
Marquez = 254 power punches connecting100

After ROUND 12, Marquez PRAISED himself while
Pacquiao PRAYED.

See the Difference? o_O

I don't get your point in making a scene after your "champion" walked out of the ring because he can't admit the decision of the judges.

Last edited:

Hyperion

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This is a General discussion thread. It's the latest news. It's still fresh cause it happened 8 hours ago. It's also the headlines of many news whether the Newspaper, TV or internet
I understand that.
We already have an ongoing discussion about the fight though since Pacman won...
And I agree, Him and his supporters are sore losers!

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Marquez landed cleaner punches, he had better ring generalship, and was ahead on the cards until round 12.

Yes, and I'm a Pacquiao fan.
So Pacquiao's punches weren't clean? He wasn't ahead on the cards either. Marquez was pretty much like Mosely who just counter punch and run away. That's why Pacquiao can't initiate. Besides, can you please explain how clean Marquez fights when on round 12 he stepped on Pacquiao's foot just to be able to punch him because he can't keep up with him? Can you explain why even though Marquez was the challenger, his stats were weaker than Pacquiao's? Can you explain why Marquez couldn't stand the decision of the Judges and walked out like a sore loser he really is?

That's clean to you?

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Wat do you mean he's above Mayweather if i recsll Mayweather beat Marquez
Mayweather is a coward who only fights those who think he'll be able to beat. Marquez is on the higher level because he fights anyone and doesn't make pathetic excuses. Let's face it, Mayweather is afraid to have his first loss.

I don't judge by winnings because winning isn't everything. It's the way of how you win or fight that I base my opinion. And from that alone, Mayweather is a pathetic excuse for a boxer.

Boa Hancock

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So Pacquiao's punches weren't clean? He wasn't ahead on the cards either. Marquez was pretty much like Mosely who just counter punch and run away. That's why Pacquiao can't initiate. Besides, can you please explain how clean Marquez fights when on round 12 he stepped on Pacquiao's foot just to be able to punch him because he can't keep up with him? Can you explain why even though Marquez was the challenger, his stats were weaker than Pacquiao's? Can you explain why Marquez couldn't stand the decision of the Judges and walked out like a sore loser he really is?

That's clean to you?
Yes I can. I can also make a counter argument. How is it that Floyd, the usual loser on punches averaged, is always the winner? It's because he picks his shots, and they almost always hit.

That is his gameplan, Marquez's. Take away Pacquiao's pressure and make him second guess on his shots. It worked to perfection. I literally cringed when I saw Manny on TV, since he wasn't executing like he always did. I think Marquez has done enough, and that he won this fight. His shots were cleaner, sharper, yet packed not enough to put the champ down.

His defense was admirable too. He made Pac miss on his money shots, the right hook, the left uppercut, and the lead straight left. Pac also doesn't know how to cut off the ring (his weakness) and made Pac fight on his pace (Marquez's).

I score the bout 2-1 in favor of Pacquiao for the trilogy.

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yes I can. I can also make a counter argument. How is it that Floyd, the usual loser on punches averaged, is always the winner? It's because he picks his shots, and they almost always hit.

That is his gameplan, Marquez's. Take away Pacquiao's pressure and make him second guess on his shots. It worked to perfection. I literally cringed when I saw Manny on TV, since he wasn't executing like he always did. I think Marquez has done enough, and that he won this fight. His shots were cleaner, sharper, yet packed not enough to put the champ down.

His defense was admirable too. He made Pac miss on his money shots, the right hook, the left uppercut, and the lead straight left. Pac also doesn't know how to cut off the ring (his weakness) and made Pac fight on his pace (Marquez's).

I score the bout 2-1 in favor of Pacquiao for the trilogy.
Floyd only fights when he think he can win. He evades those who would dare to tarnish his undefeated streak. Mayweather also fights dirty. If you disagree with this then what you said on the other thread was a lie.

Marquez' defense was not admirable. He hugs when he thinks his defense will be obliterated and he nearly got TKOd in Round 1 and 10.

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Mayweather beat a first time at welterweight, overweight, bloated Marquez. Not this polished, focused, on-his-game Marquez.
Regardless, it's the attitude that matters. The way you fight and the way you win. When you fight dirty and just fight when you think you can win, it's beneath losing but giving everything you got in a fair manner.

Hyperion

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I agree with both sides.
Marquez picked his shots well, Manny however landed more hits.

If it were a match based on crowd/audience reaction, Marquez would've won.

Manny was just a little quicker in landing shots that really mattered.

Boa Hancock

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Floyd only fights when he think he can win. He evades those who would dare to tarnish his undefeated streak. Mayweather also fights dirty. If you disagree with this then what you said on the other thread was a lie.

Marquez' defense was not admirable. He hugs when he thinks his defense will be obliterated and he nearly got TKOd in Round 1 and 10.
I agree with what you said, that he ducks fighters like Cotto and Margarito, but his fighting style isn't dirty. Well the sucker punching was.

He was hugging Manny to stop his rhythm. You do know that Pacman is a rhythm fighter right? To stop Manny from building his punching (if you want an anime example, see how Ippo's Dempsey Roll got stopped), Marquez interrupted his rhythm. It's a cheap strategy, but it's the only way to take Pacquiao away from his game. It was imperative that Marquez take control, and he did it to perfection.

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I agree with both sides.
Marquez picked his shots well, Manny however landed more hits.

If it were a match based on crowd/audience reaction, Marquez would've won.

Manny was just a little quicker in landing shots that really mattered.

Ofcourse Marquez would win. You're forgetting very crucial facts.

1. The fight happened in America...Mexicans' territory.

2. The mexican crowd who outnumbers the Filipinos would definitely cry desperately because they know Marquez is the one chance for Mexican boxers to regain their title as best boxers. But seeing their champions fall to the ground, they definitely was desperate for Marquez to win

Boa Hancock

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

2. The mexican crowd who outnumbers the Filipinos would definitely cry desperately because they know Marquez is the one chance for Mexican boxers to regain their title as best boxers. But seeing their champions fall to the ground, they definitely was desperate for Marquez to win
I agree. Majority of the people in MGM that night were Mexicans.

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I agree with what you said, that he ducks fighters like Cotto and Margarito, but his fighting style isn't dirty. Well the sucker punching was.

He was hugging Manny to stop his rhythm. You do know that Pacman is a rhythm fighter right? To stop Manny from building his punching (if you want an anime example, see how Ippo's Dempsey Roll got stopped), Marquez interrupted his rhythm. It's a cheap strategy, but it's the only way to take Pacquiao away from his game. It was imperative that Marquez take control, and he did it to perfection.
1. Then you made your "Marquez' defense was admirable" invalid.

2. Marquez was the challenger. What kind of challenger would play like a loser? My opinion on him totally changed. I thought he would fight Pacquiao head on. But seeing him during the fight only made him look like the Mosely who just wanted not to be knocked down by Pacquiao.

3. You're making all your post on the other thread look like lies.

Boa Hancock

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
1. Then you made your "Marquez' defense was admirable" invalid.

2. Marquez was the challenger. What kind of challenger would play like a loser? My opinion on him totally changed. I thought he would fight Pacquiao head on. But seeing him during the fight only made him look like the Mosely who just wanted not to be knocked down by Pacquiao.

3. You're making all your post on the other thread look like lies.
1. Huh? In my eyes as a Manny fan, it was cheap. But in Marquez's eyes, it was admirable. Homer glasses man, take them off.

2. Marquez's style is backing off and counter punching, and he executed it tonight. Pacquiao's style is to brawl with unexpected angles coupled with in-and-out footwork. Manny played to JMM's strengths, and it didn't end well for him. He wasn't like Mosley who never threw a punch. What's so hard to see about that?

3. You're too much of a homer man.

Hyperion

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

You also forget that I'm not an idiot.

I was backing you up.

Another thing. Marquez was awesome, don't take that away from him. But his reaction is what is common among American Culture nowadays. You think you won? Celebrate. If you think you were wronged? Complain.

The reason why Boa is going against you is because you're making it seem like he lost every aspect or round of the fight. You don't wish to give him the respect he deserves as a good competitor.