Legendary
Kin
24💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Lawl, I'm 1st year... wish I could help you but I need help myself. Nice to know there are Java programmers here aswell xd
I have to create Crazy 8s card game -.-
(Console based, not GUI.. going back to console based right now.. I feel GUI is much easier -.-)

Last edited:

Mugiwara

Legendary
Kin
24💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Bump!
I'll buy a Steam game or something to the person that helps me with this...

Crazy 8s:
2 or more players. All players play on the same computer(take turns on the keyboard(system.in).)

Rules:
All players start with 5 cards in hand.
Rest of the cards are in the deck in the middle.
The card on top of the deck is turned for everyone to see and put on the table.
The goal of the game is to get rid of all the cards in your hand.
If its your turn, you can place a card on your hand, on top of the card on the table following these rules:
The card is the same type (hearts, diamonds, etc).
The card is the same value (1, 2, ... jack, queen)
The next player has to follow the same rules, just for the next card on top.
The player can put an value "8" card at any time (doesn't matter type) and can decide which type(hearts, diamonds....) is played next.
If a player has several cards with the same value, the player can put them all down, and the last card put decides which card is played next.

If a player finishes his turn with only 1 card at hand, the game will notify the player of that.
If a player cannot put any of his cards on the table, he can pick a card from the deck, till he gets one that he can put down (he can pick 3 times, and if even at the third time he doesn't get a card he can put on the table, his turn is finished (Pass)).
If the deck is empty, all the cards except for the on the top will get shuffled and put back into the deck.

System.out.println prints out which card is on top on the table, which type it is, and all the cards in the players hand at the moment.
Scanner or system.in is used to take in information on how the player will proceed next.

Last edited:

Vision

Legendary
Kin
5💸
Kumi
1,009💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Bump!
I'll buy a Steam game or something to the person that helps me with this...
Did you write atleast a class for this? or need a specific help on a function/method or a class? Not understanding the "whole" question as I just see rules posted but not question.

Certainly not writing all of it. If need be I may be able to help.