[Nin] I've never done this before Sensei.. (Orientation with Pervy)

Pervyy

Immortal
Kin
3,689💸
Kumi
31,971💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Honestly Sensei, I know very little about this world. I have read what is provided to me here on the forum, and I'm still not too sure why I'm here, I got past creating my character, I hope... please teach me. @The Pervy Sage
Alright then buddy, well for now you know there is a base to the whole game and how it works. Like i said on discord, it's like a written based DnD. All turn based.

So you managed do your character, which shows you've looked at the following:

Basic Bio Rules, Template, & Ranks
Bio Specialty List

I saw you chose specialities, which was nice to see it's a way to diversify your character so lets go into some detail about characters.

No matter what biography you make, generally they can all use the following:
- Ninjutsu, genjutsu, taijutsu, kenjutsu, basic 5 elements. (These are refered to as the basic 9)
- Fuuinjutsu, Kinjutsu, Medjutsu, Yin, Yang, Yin/yang, (All these are abilities you have to buy with kumi or win)
If you are unsure on what any of these are, i'll let you know, just ask.
When i say buy, it's based on the RP currency, Kumi, not RL money.

You have cannon characters from the series, and custom characters.

Cannon characters, for example, you chose Neji. They can only use what i outlined above and stuff they were shown to be using. For example your neji bio could then learn byakugan and gentle fist, but not learn sage mode, as he was never been seen using it.

There is an option you can choose which is "skinning" a character. Where you take a cannon bio and give it a new looks, appearence and background, BUT, can't change its' abilities. So you could have your neji bio Look like luffy, but still have neji's powers.

On the other side of things you can have custom characters. Taking a character from any series and bringing it to the naruto rp. With custom characters, you can mix and match abilities as long as it is allowed. For example i have my Sin bio, it has Mangekyo sharingan, sound release and a curse mark. Now for more info on that read: Here

If you have any questions please ask.

Pervyy

Immortal
Kin
3,689💸
Kumi
31,971💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I think I got an understanding of it, but you might as well give me a run down of it, you seem to explain things a bit easier for me to understand.
It's not a pay to win game, but we have a currency, Kumi. You can see it under your Avatar there. The other, Kin, is for none rp reasons, like buying premium.

What's kumi for?
- Look at the top of the page, it says "shop", go on that, then click on "official kumi store" or something like that. In there are all the things you can buy with kumi. If you're not sure what it is, under the item you can buy is a link to it's rules, great right?
- You can buy custom jutsu and such from other members
- You can pay someone kumi to make you a sexy looking bio

How do you make kumi?
- Fights - in the battle arena if you do an "official" fight, the winner gets kumi. If you beat someone your own rank, you get 500 kumi. For every rank above you your opponent is, you get +50 kumi, for every rank below you, it's -50 kumi to that total. If you win on a time limit, you get half the amount. So if you fight someone same rank as you and they don't reply in the time limit, you get 250 kumi. The time limit is standard 3 days, but it's up to you and your opponent to decide that one.
- Selling stuff to members - kinda outlined that above.
- Ninja world missions and events. In the ninja world you can do missions or bounties, which we can go into after.

If you have premium you get 500 kumi a month by the way.
For every post in the rp section that is 50 characters or more, you get 3 kumi for
For every thread you make, you get 15 kumi.

Pervyy

Immortal
Kin
3,689💸
Kumi
31,971💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Okay that all seems pretty easy to grasp. I think something I could take in more of is in depth knowledge on the elements, and the basic nine, I believe you called them. @The Pervy Sage
Yeah that's nice and easy. We can do that now.

Basic are as follows:
Katon - Fire release
Suiton - water release
Fuuton - wind release
Raiton - lightning release
Doton - earth release
Taijutsu - body arts (punch kicks etc)
Genjutsu - illusion arts
Basic ninjutsu - basically making clones and shit
Kenjutsu - sword arts

Don't worry, most jutsu have the english translation with them.
Now for strengths and weaknesses, for the basic elements this image is perfect:

You must be registered for see images

So fire is strong agaisnt wind... wind against lightning etc... Nice and simple.
As for jutsu themselves, if you look in the rp section there is a forum called "jutsu", https://animebase.me/forums/jutsu.529/

You can see at the top it breaks it down into sub forums for each element etc...
Then from there each jutsu by rank

On a side note, for different cannon elements like steel release, you can find all the strengths and weaknesses here:
https://animebase.me/threads/±±-elements-weaknesses-correct-usage-and-guidelines-±±.718942/

Pervyy

Immortal
Kin
3,689💸
Kumi
31,971💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awesome. Is there anything else I need to learn during this orientation? This is all a lot simpler than I thought it was going to be upon reading the forum guides. @The Pervy Sage
Well, generally we've done the foundation stuff along with what we spoke about on discord. But up next we have a few other things to go through in depth. For example, battles and the ninja world. They are the main two.

But for your benefit you might want to get some understanding of other abilities, like for example how to rank up too.

Pervyy

Immortal
Kin
3,689💸
Kumi
31,971💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Alright, you're the teacher. You have my undivided attention @The Pervy Sage
Right for battles we have the basics battle rules found: Here

Also for your benefit, lots of things in the rp have abbreviations and such, like some i outlined, but there is a guide to help with all that ground Here

Now in a battle, i'm sure you're wondering how you keep track of what's going on? We have a thing called the "time frame". This basically means, you can't interrupt your opponents first jutsu/offensive action... from there you can act.

If they go to use a fireball, you can't react until they release the fireball. But as soon as they do, you can defend, counter, dodge.

Note: You can't just say "I dodge" etc, you have to use a jutsu to dodge another jutsu.

Here is a little guide about the time frame: https://animebase.me/threads/maintaining-timeframe.758223/

Snazzily

Kin
89💸
Kumi
5,275💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'm very, very familiar with that. It seems nearly identical to what we had set up at the other place. What's next? And thanks for the abbreviations. That makes things a little easier to understand.

Pervyy

Immortal
Kin
3,689💸
Kumi
31,971💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'm very, very familiar with that. It seems nearly identical to what we had set up at the other place. What's next? And thanks for the abbreviations. That makes things a little easier to understand.
To start with, your first task is to to make a thread in the battle arena, for me and you to fight. Lets learn by doing.

Secondly, what do you know about the ninja world or warring states era as it's called

Snazzily

Kin
89💸
Kumi
5,275💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
To start with, your first task is to to make a thread in the battle arena, for me and you to fight. Lets learn by doing.

Secondly, what do you know about the ninja world or warring states era as it's called
I believe the Ninja World is where the RP'ers go to Officially RolePlay and Battle, and events probably take place there as well. But I'm sure there's more details I'm leaving out, care to fill them in?

Pervyy

Immortal
Kin
3,689💸
Kumi
31,971💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I believe the Ninja World is where the RP'ers go to Officially RolePlay and Battle, and events probably take place there as well. But I'm sure there's more details I'm leaving out, care to fill them in?
Ninja world is basically story mode. It's got a map with all the locations, land marks etc.

Each location has it's own thread, which is called a land mark.

You can go around and do what ever you like

Can fight, just write your own rp stories etc. You can form a clan, join one of the man villages. Go be a pirate. All fun

Some things to note:

Here is the interactive map: https://animebase.me/pages/map/
It shows how the world is set out, and clicking each land mark takes you to the thread for the locaiton.

You have to wait 45 minutes to travel to the next land mark each time.

You can't die in the NW, if your health reaches 0 you slowly recover over time. Unless you agree to dying with your opponent.

After that you can do missions to earn kumi.

The rules got a nice new update with the 1 year anniversary, so take a look:
https://animebase.me/threads/ninja-world-rules-1st-year-anniversary-edition.767740/

Snazzily

Kin
89💸
Kumi
5,275💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
That's really awesome actually. I'm having a good time reading these through. And I think I will have an even better time out in the Ninja World. Hmm. So we'll be moving onto a battle you say? What should we do in order to prepare for that? @The Pervy Sage

Pervyy

Immortal
Kin
3,689💸
Kumi
31,971💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
That's really awesome actually. I'm having a good time reading these through. And I think I will have an even better time out in the Ninja World. Hmm. So we'll be moving onto a battle you say? What should we do in order to prepare for that? @The Pervy Sage

Well, go to the rpg forum - battle area - post thread...

Make a thread following the battle rules

Link your bio
Official or unofficial (if you're not sure what the difference is i can explain)
Range? (Short/medium/long) Short is 5m, medium 10m, long is 15m +
Terrain: Go wild, be creative
Who goes first
Anything else

Can be a fight just to win or an fight all about rping as your character...