Itama is not and has no relation to Zetsu.

Ero sennin jiraiya

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Ever since 622 came out, I've seen a lot of people point out that Itama's hair being half white and half black makes him look like Zetsu.

Yeah, he looks similar to Zetsu but I'm pretty damn sure he isn't linked to Zetsu in any way besides being the brother of who's DNA Zetsu was made from.

For one, Tobirama has white hair and Hashirama has black hair. Is it really that shocking to you guys that Kishimoto would make their brother have half white, half black hair?

Second, remember that the black half of Zetsu is Madara's will. Says right here in this manga chapter

Third, we saw Itama get killed very young in 622. There's no way he was around when Zetsu was created. We know how Zetsu was created now, there is no question.

So please guys, stop it with the Itama=Zetsu stuff, It's kind of ridiculous. If a miracle happens and Zetsu actually ends up being Itama bash me all you want. It isn't going to happen though, so don't get your hopes up.

Reactions: rollin

nj tandi

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Thank you for telling us this.
I remember I came with something similar saying Tobi couldn't be Obito cause there's no way a 14 year old Obito cloud take on Minato, summon the nine tails.....But who was Tobi in the end? Obito.....thing is it's a MANGA. There is no logic or point in trying to prove things 'logically' Things just go as Kishi writes them.

Mangekyō1

Banned
Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I saw 100+ threads like this saying tobi is in no way obito. No one really knows but it's not just his hair that looks like zetsu. Just look at I itama's face on page 10 of the new chapter.

Last edited:

TobiOrNotTobi

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Itama is like the new Kagami.

Both had like almost no screen-time yet people call them out as "important".

Both are dead, that's it. None of them are relevant.

Obito was a different story he had an important role in the narutoverse ever since he got introduced.

Saikyokami

Legendary
Kin
20💸
Kumi
624💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
show me in the manga were it says itama has nothing to do with zetus even his cells then I'll accept it.
Itama may not be related to zetsu but he is related to hashi's wood (pun intended) or else kishi wouldn't have shown him showing him would be pointless..

johnny335704

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I don't think Itama is Zetsu. But since the time, Kishi has trolled us with Tobi = Obito concept, it can go any way. But I wish Itama would not be Zetsu.

TobiOrNotTobi

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
show me in the manga were it says itama has nothing to do with zetus even his cells then I'll accept it.
Itama may not be related to zetsu but he is related to hashi's wood (pun intended) or else kishi wouldn't have shown him showing him would be pointless..
Kishimoto introduced Itama to us as it will become IMO very important to the whole Izuna and Madara relationship.

Hashirama knows how it is and feels to loose someone close, now from the statement of Madara about his 4 brothers it seems that he isn't aware if his 4 brothers are alive or not, that means Madara hasn't seen any of them for quite some time now thus him finding out that Izuna being the only one that is actually still alive.

Hashirama/his clan are related to Izunas death, just saying.

Kishimoto isn't hard to figure out when it comes down to "emotional" story telling.

Ero sennin jiraiya

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I saw 100+ threads like this saying tobi is in no way obito. No one really knows but it's not just his hair that looks like zetsu. Just look at I itama's face on page 10 of the new chapter.
Honestly man it's two completely different situations. Tobi was a masked man. Zetsu is an unmasked character who's origin has already been explained. Why would his origin be explained, and then randomly a new origin arises? We already know Zetsu was made by Madara using Hashirama's DNA, It's been said in the manga with no mention of Itama.

I don't get why his facial features would be the same as zetsu if he has no relation..
Simple explanation. He is made from Hashirama's DNA, Hashirama is Itama's brother. That's like saying "Hmmm I don't see why I look vaguely like my brother, and my dad, hmmmm"

He was shown because the current chapters are exploring Hashirama and Madara's past, and how they came to form their ideals and eventually become allies creating the leaf village. That was the point of Itama's role in the story, it has nothing to do with Zetsu...

isn't zetsus hair green and he is only half black cause madara infused his will into the white zetsu /thread
Exactly what I said in the start of my thread, that the black half of Zetsu is Madara's will. That alone should be evidence enough that he has nothing to do with Itama but it's impossible to convince NB of that.

Didn't mention the green hair thing though. His hair is indeed a forest green color.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mangekyō1

Mangekyō1

Banned
Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Honestly man it's two completely different situations. Tobi was a masked man. Zetsu is an unmasked character who's origin has already been explained. Why would his origin be explained, and then randomly a new origin arises? We already know Zetsu was made by Madara using Hashirama's DNA, It's been said in the manga with no mention of Itama.
What happened with itachi? We all thought he just killed off his clan and best friend. What about shisui? He was supposed to be dead, but didn't we find out he just walked away with no eyes? Tobi said he was madara, but he wasn't. My point is, just because something is said doesn't mean it is correct.

Ero sennin jiraiya

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
What happened with itachi? We all thought he just killed off his clan and best friend. What about shisui? He was supposed to be dead, but didn't we find out he just walked away with no eyes? Tobi said he was madara, but he wasn't. My point is, just because something is said doesn't mean it is correct.
Why would it be incorrect? Obito wasn't explaining these things to Kakashi and Naruto, they were revealed in a flashback. The flashback was all actual events. All the situations you are mentioning are completely different. As far a shisui is concerned, we have heard conflicting things about him, that his body was found in a river, and that it disappeared. Either way, it's irrelevant to this thread and isn't a similar situation.

What does Madara say here? "If you move Hashirama's artificial body that I stuck to you will be ripped off." What motivation does Madara have to lie about what Zetsu is? Why would it make a difference to Obito if he was made from Hashirama or Itama's DNA? None. The Itama=Zetsu theory is a dead end man. I'm sorry if you got your hopes up and really thought you were on to something but its extremely doubtful looking at the evidence.

Madara got some of Hashirama's DNA during their fight. This is what allowed him to create Zetsu and unlock the Rinnegan. This is well known fact by now. Explain to me how Madara got Itama's DNA. Itama died when Madara was just a kid and at the time I don't see any reason why he would be trying to get some random senju kids DNA.

Last edited:

Mangekyō1

Banned
Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Ha these are all things that were assumed to be correct, just because we were told that's how it was. But alright man, you think a little different than me, I'm sure we will find out soon enough..

Reactions: Ero sennin jiraiya

Ero sennin jiraiya

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Ha these are all things that were assumed to be correct, just because we were told that's how it was. But alright man, you think a little different than me, I'm sure we will find out soon enough..
I'm just looking at the manga evidence, all of which points to me being right. Itama being Zetsu is highly unlikely and the only argument one could but fourth for it is "Well Tobi was Obito" or "What about Shisui, and the truth about Itachi?" Which both are completely different things and totally irrelevant.

Last edited:

Mangekyō1

Banned
Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Ha just wait man. And you're going to try and make me feel dumb for fictional evidence? We will see brother, I'm sure that they didn't just show Itama in the manga just to die.

Ero sennin jiraiya

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Ha just wait man. And you're going to try and make me feel dumb for fictional evidence? We will see brother, I'm sure that they didn't just show Itama in the manga just to die.
Well I don't think it was just for him to die. Remember, Hashirama and Madara were talking to each other about their brothers and how the only way to "not die" is to "show what you really think to your enemy, without hiding anything, and become allies with them" The importance surrounding Itama's death is that it is a mutual pain that both Hashirama and Madara feel. Something for them to connect about, the love of their brothers, the sadness surrounding their deaths, and the will to create peace.

So I guess in a way Itama was a character that was introduced mainly to die, mostly as a plot device for character and relationship development between Hashirama and Madara.

Done. "Hashirama's artificial body" Not "Itama's artificial body"

Last edited: