Is the Boruto series better than Naruto?

Yahcob13

Veteran
Kin
4,288💸
Kumi
2,616💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
No. And whats wrong with Sasuke,Naruto and Sakura? Only Sarada is good out from Boruto and Mitsuki
Sasuke has no rinnegan. His development was based on his dojutsu becoming more powerful. That's all gone now and his fans are hoping for a new ability to keep him relevant. But there is little hope for that. Naruto has lost Kurama and once again his fans are desperate for a new power. But there is little hope. Nagato would body them both right now. But I digress. Boruto Sarada and Mitsuki aren't the future they are the now.

Angel90

Regular
Kin
3,290💸
Kumi
657💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Sasuke has no rinnegan. His development was based on his dojutsu becoming more powerful. That's all gone now and his fans are hoping for a new ability to keep him relevant. But there is little hope for that. Naruto has lost Kurama and once again his fans are desperate for a new power. But there is little hope. Nagato would body them both right now. But I digress. Boruto Sarada and Mitsuki aren't the future they are the now.
Sasuke development was based on speed,sharingan,and more jutsu, training.What was Boruto development? Boruto you did this thanks to you,you won.Last chapter the moment i started reading Boruto your dmg did this i dont know what to say.If every chapter is like that there is no point of reading.Like vs Shojoji the moment Boruto showede up he beated him same goes for other opponents we alrdy know that Boruto will beat them

Yahcob13

Veteran
Kin
4,288💸
Kumi
2,616💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
we alrdy know that Boruto will beat them
He didn't defeat Ishiki. He helped a little bit. We don't know how long he has before the karma seal takes over and Momoshiki rampages. We don't know anything except that Boruto is able to overcome huge challenges just like Naruto. But he won't win every time. That's how Sasuke was built up. Boruto is a little bit Naruto and Sasuke. He may even attack the kage summit. I think he's much more interesting than Naruto who only wanted people to acknowledge him. Boruto is the opposite right now. He needs people to know that he is a threat to them but he is perceived as a hero. He is in a much more dire situation than Naruto was at his age. Its better writing imo im honestly impressed how they could spin a sequel this good after the success of the original series.

Angel90

Regular
Kin
3,290💸
Kumi
657💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
He didn't defeat Ishiki. He helped a little bit. We don't know how long he has before the karma seal takes over and Momoshiki rampages. We don't know anything except that Boruto is able to overcome huge challenges just like Naruto. But he won't win every time. That's how Sasuke was built up. Boruto is a little bit Naruto and Sasuke. He may even attack the kage summit. I think he's much more interesting than Naruto who only wanted people to acknowledge him. Boruto is the opposite right now. He needs people to know that he is a threat to them but he is perceived as a hero. He is in a much more dire situation than Naruto was at his age. Its better writing imo im honestly impressed how they could spin a sequel this good after the success of the original series.
This is exactly whats going on.Every battle Boruto is there and doing this like beating Kinshiki and Momoshiki and he couldnt even beat that guy on chunin exam with buble jutsu but had to rely on device techology and using shuriken jutsu.I understand that Boruto is main character but atleast let him train a little bit in order to progress.He is just there and beating them all

Troi

Legendary
Kin
3,461💸
Kumi
1,914💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
For me personally? No. Nothing beats the original, in my opinion. I have hardly watched Boruto, and usually only watch the big fight scenes, but it’s not as bad as I thought. I’ll tell you that.

Yahcob13

Veteran
Kin
4,288💸
Kumi
2,616💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This is exactly whats going on.Every battle Boruto is there and doing this like beating Kinshiki and Momoshiki and he couldnt even beat that guy on chunin exam with buble jutsu but had to rely on device techology and using shuriken jutsu.I understand that Boruto is main character but atleast let him train a little bit in order to progress.He is just there and beating them all
That chunnin exam arc was meant for him to learn to rely on his natural ability that he develops through training not science. He has learned his lesson now and specifically stated that it is time for him to train in the last chapter. I think the first few chapters went over most people's head. It was written as a movie and then adapted into a series. So I can understand why people are complaining about the writing. What im more interested in is that he was introduced as a kid whose potential surpassed the Otsutsuki. I've been saying he's a god the entire series. Maybe I need to reiterate that.
For me personally? No. Nothing beats the original, in my opinion. I have hardly watched Boruto, and usually only watch the big fight scenes, but it’s not as bad as I thought. I’ll tell you that.
I respect your opinion I only watch the fights too.

Reactions: Troi

Angel90

Regular
Kin
3,290💸
Kumi
657💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
That chunnin exam arc was meant for him to learn to rely on his natural ability that he develops through training not science. He has learned his lesson now and specifically stated that it is time for him to train in the last chapter. I think the first few chapters went over most people's head. It was written as a movie and then adapted into a series. So I can understand why people are complaining about the writing. What im more interested in is that he was introduced as a kid whose potential surpassed the Otsutsuki. I've been saying he's a god the entire series. Maybe I need to reiterate that.

I respect your opinion I only watch the fights too.
The main problem is because he is the main character and every chapter is all
about him while others are just there to help him like he has to do everything i want to see more. Maybe there is hate in all this but thx to lower it down but the fact still stands.And dont forget he was losing those 2 battles

Last edited:

Yahcob13

Veteran
Kin
4,288💸
Kumi
2,616💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The main problem is because he is the main character and every chapter is all
about him while others are just there to help him like he has to do everything i want to see more. Maybe there is hate in all this but thx to lower it down but the fact still stands.And dont forget he was losing those 2 battles
That used to annoy me a bit because I want him to share the spotlight with Sarada not Kawaki. But it was hinted that there may be similarities between byakugo and karma so I'm trying to be patient. I do like the fact that its extremely fast paced. Its only been 56 chapters and they have been through the wringer.

Reactions: Angel90

Angel90

Regular
Kin
3,290💸
Kumi
657💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
That used to annoy me a bit because I want him to share the spotlight with Sarada not Kawaki. But it was hinted that there may be similarities between byakugo and karma so I'm trying to be patient. I do like the fact that its extremely fast paced. Its only been 56 chapters and they have been through the wringer.
It's just every time im watching im hearing about Boruto, its like there is no point of watching cause we alrdy know whats gonna happened and that Boruto will give finishing blow and Sasuke and Naruto are taking him with them.Everyone is foreshadow by Boruto and Boruto is ruining everything

Last edited:

Pulkit singh3

Regular
Kin
965💸
Kumi
369💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
No, I was not gonna acknowledge this thread cause its obviously either a troll or from a Boruto only fan(Or a fan who never actually read/watched naruto from start to end) but Boruto is 3 and Naruto was 9...The best characters of Boruto have worse backstory than worst of Naruto..There is no emphasis, Variations in characters, plot is just dragging on the remains of Naruto and Boruto as a mc is really unlikebale..Sarada, mitsuki don't have a character they are side bitches nothing Else they have no personality, No dept, no focus(I dont watch Anime only manga)...KK is half cooked character (Only nostalgia), delta has no character, Jigen backstory is worse than Kaguya, Powerscaling is miserable and Fights are like dbz..There is no dept to the characters there is no suspense, no buildup, no interesting sub plot, Screwed older gen (They made everyone pathetic)..Nothing is remotely close to Naruto apart from Kawaki(He can qualify as a naruto character apart from him everybody is really bad)...Most of the characters bad or good has no character or story to them...They are either strong or weak thats all...This is my opinion and a opinion of most people..Boruto's sales show that...The weakest sales of Naruto volumes were 4million sales/year by that logic more than 85% of fandom completely abandon Naruto series once Boruto started...I absolutely despise its existence because of the poor characters and pathetic story line of Boruto, The entire Naruto franchise is trolled around the world...People Compare Naruto to half assed garbage like Mha or Demon slayer cause Boruto destroyed once considered one of the best animes in the world...Shows like HxH or Op are conisdered better which is just bs..These shows aren't nearly as Enjoyable and Character focused as Naruto was...But u know current gen's perspective comes from Poor Writing of Boruto...

Last edited:
Reactions: minamoto
Kin
926💸
Kumi
654💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
In some ways, the Boruto series is better. In other ways, the Naruto series is better.

Ways in which the Boruto series is better (just to name a few):

Boruto and his peers' arsenals of jutsus aren't as restricted as in Naruto's generation where most people could only learn one jutsu and most of the kids were just clones of their parents. For example, Shikadai has his shadows, but he can also use wind style. Inojin has both mind body techniques, as well as Sai's techniques. If you look at team 15, they actually have a little bit of jutsu variety. Sumire has the nue and her own water style techniques. Namida has her scream blast and some water style. Wasabi has her cat techniques and medical ninjutsu. Iwabee has several earth style techniques. Etc... I didn't even have to mention team 7. We know their circumstances. Notice that most of this generation can use elements. In Naruto's generation, it was like most people were afraid to even learn an element or mix up their arsenals at all.

Furthermore, the Boruto series has treated its two biggest shipping candidates (Sarada and Sumire) a lot better than Sakura and Hinata were treated. Sarada has almost none of the flaws that her parents had when they were younger. Furthermore, neither she nor Sumire are annoying fangirls to a guy who they only ever liked because of looks (unlike Sakura). Even though Sumire (and maybe Sarada) likes Boruto, she is not rude to other guys just because of it (unlike Sakura). Furthermore, both of these girls have their own paths and drives and actual roles in the story, unlike Hinata who basically only existed to be a love interest.

Boruto is also a bit more of a relatable character than Naruto. I mentioned this before, but I like how he has a diverse arsenal unlike Naruto back in the day.

Boruto and Kawaki have a much more genuine brotherly relationship than Naruto and Sasuke ever had. I know that I'm not the only one who had to question it a bit when Naruto always said stuff like "Sasuke was the first person who accepted me. He was my first friend. We're like brothers."

I'm thinking: "Ummm... We have seen flashbacks of you hanging out with Shikamaru, Chouji and Kiba back in the academy. Teuchi and Iruka also accepted you (although the latter might have come later). I'm pretty sure that most of these people came before you started dealing with Sasuke"

That whole Naruto Sasuke brother thing always felt a little forced. Shikamaru seemed more like a brother to Naruto to be honest.

Ways in which the Naruto series was better:

Naruto gave more focus to characters other than just Naruto, whereas Boruto is focused almost solely on Boruto and Kawaki (at least in the manga anyway).

The jonin sensei were not fodder in general (unlike Konohamaru who is a joke at this point).

The fights were better, using more techniques instead of just fighting like Dragon Ball characters with just hand to hand combat.

Madara and Obito existed in that series.

Naruto had better fanservice than Boruto.

Reactions: Yahcob13 and Troi

Yahcob13

Veteran
Kin
4,288💸
Kumi
2,616💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
No, I was not gonna acknowledge this thread cause its obviously either a troll or from a Boruto only fan(Or a fan who never actually read/watched naruto from start to end) but Boruto is 3 and Naruto was 9...The best characters of Boruto have worse backstory than worst of Naruto..There is no emphasis, Variations in characters, plot is just dragging on the remains of Naruto and Boruto as a mc is really unlikebale..Sarada, mitsuki don't have a character they are side bitches nothing Else they have no personality, No dept, no focus(I dont watch Anime only manga)...KK is half cooked character (Only nostalgia), delta has no character, Jigen backstory is worse than Kaguya, Powerscaling is miserable and Fights are like dbz..There is no dept to the characters there is no suspense, no buildup, no interesting sub plot, Screwed older gen (They made everyone pathetic)..Nothing is remotely close to Naruto apart from Kawaki(He can qualify as a naruto character apart from him everybody is really bad)...Most of the characters bad or good has no character or story to them...They are either strong or weak thats all...This is my opinion and a opinion of most people..Boruto's sales show that...The weakest sales of Naruto volumes were 4million sales/year by that logic more than 85% of fandom completely abandon Naruto series once Boruto started...I absolutely despise its existence because of the poor characters and pathetic story line of Boruto, The entire Naruto franchise is trolled around the world...People Compare Naruto to half assed garbage like Mha or Demon slayer cause Boruto destroyed once considered one of the best animes in the world...Shows like HxH or Op are conisdered better which is just bs..These shows aren't nearly as Enjoyable and Character focused as Naruto was...But u know current gen's perspective comes from Poor Writing of Boruto...
Did you cry when Sasuke lost his rinnegan? Its okay to vent just let it all out.

• Haha
Reactions: Troi