Is the Boruto series better than Naruto?

Yahcob13

Veteran
Kin
4,298💸
Kumi
2,616💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
In some ways, the Boruto series is better. In other ways, the Naruto series is better.

Ways in which the Boruto series is better (just to name a few):

Boruto and his peers' arsenals of jutsus aren't as restricted as in Naruto's generation where most people could only learn one jutsu and most of the kids were just clones of their parents. For example, Shikadai has his shadows, but he can also use wind style. Inojin has both mind body techniques, as well as Sai's techniques. If you look at team 15, they actually have a little bit of jutsu variety. Sumire has the nue and her own water style techniques. Namida has her scream blast and some water style. Wasabi has her cat techniques and medical ninjutsu. Iwabee has several earth style techniques. Etc... I didn't even have to mention team 7. We know their circumstances. Notice that most of this generation can use elements. In Naruto's generation, it was like most people were afraid to even learn an element or mix up their arsenals at all.

Furthermore, the Boruto series has treated its two biggest shipping candidates (Sarada and Sumire) a lot better than Sakura and Hinata were treated. Sarada has almost none of the flaws that her parents had when they were younger. Furthermore, neither she nor Sumire are annoying fangirls to a guy who they only ever liked because of looks (unlike Sakura). Even though Sumire (and maybe Sarada) likes Boruto, she is not rude to other guys just because of it (unlike Sakura). Furthermore, both of these girls have their own paths and drives and actual roles in the story, unlike Hinata who basically only existed to be a love interest.

Boruto is also a bit more of a relatable character than Naruto. I mentioned this before, but I like how he has a diverse arsenal unlike Naruto back in the day.

Boruto and Kawaki have a much more genuine brotherly relationship than Naruto and Sasuke ever had. I know that I'm not the only one who had to question it a bit when Naruto always said stuff like "Sasuke was the first person who accepted me. He was my first friend. We're like brothers."

I'm thinking: "Ummm... We have seen flashbacks of you hanging out with Shikamaru, Chouji and Kiba back in the academy. Teuchi and Iruka also accepted you (although the latter might have come later). I'm pretty sure that most of these people came before you started dealing with Sasuke"

That whole Naruto Sasuke brother thing always felt a little forced. Shikamaru seemed more like a brother to Naruto to be honest.

Ways in which the Naruto series was better:

Naruto gave more focus to characters other than just Naruto, whereas Boruto is focused almost solely on Boruto and Kawaki (at least in the manga anyway).

The jonin sensei were not fodder in general (unlike Konohamaru who is a joke at this point).

The fights were better, using more techniques instead of just fighting like Dragon Ball characters with just hand to hand combat.

Madara and Obito existed in that series.

Naruto had better fanservice than Boruto.
I can somewhat kinda agree in the aspect that Naruto had really good characters that took the focus off of him and enriched the story while still developing plot. Hashirama and Minato were my favs other than Naruto and it was just as good seeing them in action as Naruto. The Boruto series hasn't progressed to the point that characters other than Kawaki and Boruto are relevant. The way they are being pursued by Kara is relentless and im interested to see how the creators manage to flesh it out while giving other characters time to shine.

Reactions: Sarada got pantsed

Yahcob13

Veteran
Kin
4,298💸
Kumi
2,616💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Only Sarada is good, Mitsuki is a cheap fangirl equivalent and Burrito is ass af. Natuto is superior also it had the GOAT Tobidara same in it.
Boruto isn't that bad. At least the karma seal is an interesting way to power up and progress plot.
Post automatically merged:

He's not gonna understand this post I bet with my life.
You are supercool man. I love debating with my fellow Boruto fans.
Post automatically merged:

I really wasn't trolling man. I felt terrible when I heard the news. I can understand if you are angry with the writers. It was probably Kodachi's idea.
What???? are u like 10 or something

Last edited: