Floydical

Veteran
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
First off, this has nothing to do with strength or speed, just reaction time and perception capability.

Sharingan:

When fully realized, a standard 3-tomoe Sharingan can anticipate actions by analyzing muscle movements at high speed (correct me if I'm wrong please). Essentially, it allows for predicting an opponent's next move, but its limited to a very short time into the future. They can basically predict the short-term future when fighting a moving opponent who is using physical attacks. This capability should equate to avoiding any kind of harm in, say, a boxing match. A Sharingan user in a boxing match should be able to avoid or deflect every punch being thrown at them in addition to being able to hit an opponent at the most opportune time. Sound about right?

Jedi reflex:

The capability of Jedi, on the other hand, seem quite different. At full strength, a Jedi seemingly can predict and counter the blaster fire from at least 3 droids at one time. This limitation is seemingly because their movement speeds are that of normal humans, at least in most cases not counting the rare speed blitz, meaning that if the blaster fire is too concentrated, they will not be able to counter effectively. The fact that they can deflect high speed blaster fire means they must have extremely quick reflexes or perhaps even precognitive ability. This is especially impressive considering they are achieving these feats against robotic gunfire. This is contrary to what we know of a Sharingan which mostly seems to rely on muscle movement and physical attacks to successfully predict movement.

With all that said:

1. Could a swordsman with 3 tomoe sharingan (take hebi Sasuke for instance) achieve Jedi-like feats of blaster repelling?

2. Could a Jedi predict movements in CQC to the point of avoiding great harm and overpowering their opponent?

Proof for 1:

In the final Sasuke-Itachi encounter, an impressive part of their battle was the clash of their shuriken. Itachi was always known as THE master of ninja tools and Sasuke matched his skill in this fight. They deflected eachother's shuriken at a pretty insane rate, a rate that I would argue is on par with deflecting rapid blaster fire. They also did this without using MS.

Proof for 2:

Jedi have shown the ability to overpower weaker opponents in CQC with relative ease. When fighting Grievous, Obi-wan was able to disarm him (literally) when he was outnumbered 4 lightsabers to 1. Anakin was able to disarm Count Dooku (again literally) by essentially catching Dooku's hand mid air and slicing his hands off. It seems their only limitation in CQC is how well their opponent matches their power. If each are equal, there is very little possibility to land a killing blow on one another.

To be honest, looking from the outside I would say Jedi have much faster reaction time and possibly precog, but the shuriken battle between Sasuke and Itachi alone puts this assumption into question. One could argue they were simply throwing the shuriken randomly but one could also argue each throw had the intent to deflect an individual shuriken already in flight.

So what's the consensus? Is a master of 3 tomoe capable of the same reaction times as a Jedi (lets just say Jedi Knight)? Are they even in the same league? Again, I'm discounting speed feats that sometimes seem out of place in the Jedi universe and am primarily focusing on reaction time and perception capability where Jedi movements would be restricted to normal human movement.

Jiren

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I think the sharingan has a clear edge because a Jedi is still very dependent on their training. I don't know much about Star Wars so I can't give a clear answer