Supreme
Kin
6,121💸
Kumi
1,800💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Itachi is suppose to be one if the smartest characters but a lot of things he does make no sense the biggest one didn't he think the uchiha massacre would mess up sasuke.

And in all honesty did he have to kill his parents his dad was even the one pushing for the coup.

And did itachi know what danzo did to shisui so why did it have to take sasuke to do something.

He worked in akatsuki to sabotage them but seems he actually helped him.

I don't think itachi is dumb or crazy but his track record shows he's pretty incompetent.

Last edited:

ETHx

Kin
47💸
Kumi
12💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Bad storytelling is the explanation I believe. Kishimoto wrote him that way to change Sasuke as a character seeing as it had a long impact on the story.

Chihaya

Pirate Queen
Veteran
Kin
2,348💸
Kumi
7,896💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Itachi is my booooyyyy !
But I even gonna lie I agree with you a lil. I've also thought about why he told sasukee to hate him and to strive to kill him? Like why. Tell him anything besides that. Idk. I get his thinking. Don't make sasukes hate directed towards the village. Make it directed towards him. In the end sasukes still grew up with hate. Like what did you expect. Why not like take sasukes with you and run away orrrrr plan the murder better so OH IDK.... THAT HE NEVER KNEW IT WAS YOU AND instead of feeling hate he would just be sad and confused on who and why his clan was killed.

Idk.

Either way

itachi is a fav of mine

6thHokage

Legendary
Kin
1,259💸
Kumi
2,391💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Itachi's plan for Sasuke was pretty screwed up. Putting him under Tsukuyomi twice really damaged Sasuke's mental state. I surprised his plan didn't fail due to Sasuke killing himself.

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,398💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Itachi is suppose to be one if the smartest characters but a lot of things he does make no sense the biggest one didn't he think the uchiha massacre would mess up sasuke.

And in all honesty did he have to kill his parents his dad was even the one pushing for the coup.

And did itachi know what danzo did to shisui so why did it have to take sasuke to do something.

I don't think itachi is dumb or crazy but his track record shows he's pretty incompetent.
:onion-msn-smileys-16: My guess he is a little too complex for you. :unsure: Or you are simply out of tune with the setting of the Narutoverse.

His parent sign their own death sentence.

Unclear statement

Eh again- what are you even trying to say

He is competent enough. No one is perfect.

Reactions: Vulpini

Sagebee

Supreme
Kin
6,121💸
Kumi
1,800💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
:onion-msn-smileys-16: My guess he is a little too complex for you. :unsure: Or you are simply out of tune with the setting of the Narutoverse.

His parent sign their own death sentence.

Unclear statement

Eh again- what are you even trying to say

He s competent enough. No one is perfect.
What am I not getting you can argue he had no other option to do the massacre but why kill the parents they gave permission but was it necessary.

And what his excuse for the other things.

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,398💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
What am I not getting you can argue he had no other option to do the massacre but why kill the parents they gave permission but was it necessary.

And what his excuse for the other things.
They gave "permission" ... It's more like, at that point, they knew they had already lost. That Konoha struck first and their men were gone. They understood his position and chose not making it more difficult for him or for themselves. As I said you seem totally out of tune with the verse or the values of the settings and missing the complexity of his situation.

Treason was a very serious crime which lead to whole clans/families losing their lives or thrown in the furthest depth to be forgotten, their properties confiscated. Even their friends and acquaintances ended up suffering and falling out of grace even if they survived. Theoretically it still is among worst crimes in most countries, though in democracies, modern leftist thought dismisses it; since it's in conflict with the in their own political agenda.

What excuse? Apart from him not making best decision for Sasuke, he was mostly doing fine. Even for Sasuke, it was subjective choice. He didn't know Tobi's full strength or ID and miscalculated his actions a bit. Still for a 13 year old with so much responsibility and severe mission riding on his shoulders and very limited time, he did good.

Uverdore9

Elite
Kin
799💸
Kumi
397💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
He arguably had dual personality disorder given he frequently contradicts his beliefs and philosophy, and has claimed multitudes of falsities. I think said occurences were unconciously compulsive due to a certain disorder.

Reactions: Sagebee

Sagebee

Supreme
Kin
6,121💸
Kumi
1,800💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
They gave "permission" ... It's more like, at that point, they knew they had already lost. That Konoha struck first and their men were gone. They understood his position and chose not making it more difficult for him or for themselves. As I said you seem totally out of tune with the verse or the values of the settings and missing the complexity of his situation.

Treason was a very serious crime which lead to whole clans/families losing their lives or thrown in the furthest depth to be forgotten, their properties confiscated. Even their friends and acquaintances ended up suffering and falling out of grace even if they survived. Theoretically it still is among worst crimes in most countries, though in democracies, modern leftist thought dismisses it; since it's in conflict with the in their own political agenda.

What excuse? Apart from him not making best decision for Sasuke, he was mostly doing fine. Even for Sasuke, it was subjective choice. He didn't know Tobi's full strength or ID and miscalculated his actions a bit. Still for a 13 year old with so much responsibility and severe mission riding on his shoulders and very limited time, he did good.
We'll you factor in his age than you can excuse his decision making skills and im not getting your point in treason here is that why your saying he had to kill his parents?

Simple question and is the point of this thread has itachi proven he has good decision making skills? I think in the end of his life itachi awknowledges himself he hasnt made the best choices.

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,398💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
We'll you factor in his age than you can excuse his decision making skills and im not getting your point in treason here is that why your saying he had to kill his parents?

Simple question and is the point of this thread has itachi proven he has good decision making skills? I think in the end of his life itachi awknowledges himself he hasnt made the best choices.
He didn't have to kill them himself but someone would have anyway. I don't see what's so hard to understand about treason i.e. the crime of betraying one's country, especially by attempting to kill or overthrow the sovereign or government etc. Their plan to start civil war and overthrow the government constitute crime of treason. They would be sentenced to death in most countries; even today. Medieval kings- even in Europe would hang/cut their head publicly, which often followed after extreme torture for confession and everyone associated with the clan would carry the dishonour and punishments or jump ships. It was pretty common practice back then.

Hokage and Danzo both factions knew the Uchiha's plan. Itachi was given a choice of doing the deed himself and avoiding the public disgrace of the clan and other punishments after the loss- he took it. In return Hokage was to take care of Sasuke who could still claim the clan name with pride and keep his place in the village . Village got to keep pretence of peace and reputation of being united, Uchiha clan's tragic end may have negatively affected Sasuke but he got support and sympathy while Itachi alone was to take the fall for both sides.

Imp

Regular
Kin
1,692💸
Kumi
35,693💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
No denying, he was a little bit of a maniac, but certainly not to the extent Madara was. And let's not forget, Obito started a whole shinobi world war over a dead 12 year old (?). You've got to be pretty twisted to do that, lol​

Naruto X Hunter

Legendary
Kin
2,304💸
Kumi
1,263💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Itachi is my booooyyyy !
But I even gonna lie I agree with you a lil. I've also thought about why he told sasukee to hate him and to strive to kill him? Like why. Tell him anything besides that. Idk. I get his thinking. Don't make sasukes hate directed towards the village. Make it directed towards him. In the end sasukes still grew up with hate. Like what did you expect. Why not like take sasukes with you and run away orrrrr plan the murder better so OH IDK.... THAT HE NEVER KNEW IT WAS YOU AND instead of feeling hate he would just be sad and confused on who and why his clan was killed.

Idk.

Either way

itachi is a fav of mine
Sasuke lost everything so instilling hate within him so he wants revenge would be a driving force for him to keep living. And he wouldn't have left the village had it not been for Orochimaru influence.

-Akuma-

Elite
Kin
958💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
65⚔️

Itachi didn't kill everyone for fun, Danzou said he had to kill everyone, not just his dad.

Itachi couldn't do anything, which is why he agreed with Danzou's plan

He was keeping tabs on them, people say he was the one giving Jiraya information and he kept Obito away.

Kishi's writing was inconsistent but the points you made weren't great.

Reactions: Alubama and Sagebee
Kin
15💸
Kumi
27💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You must be registered for see images

Itachi is a complicated character, far too complicated for most to understand. His purpose is to help you question and decide between duty and morality. Kishimoto wrote him to be either loved or hated, a character who's shoes you can fit and decide what you would do.

Rikudou Tobi

Legendary
Kin
543💸
Kumi
618💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
What he did is totally sane. The Kaguya clan was wiped out clean for planning a coup against the mist village, so itachi doing the same for his clan is not only patriotic to the leaf but he also has a sense of pride towards his clan. Because nobody should taint another uchiha’s name except for one of their own. It’s Sasuke and Tobi that’s fucked up.

Doing Akatsuki’s bidding was just a small price to pay to keep his Nation safe.

Master Omi

Kin
16💸
Kumi
18💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
@Avani

- I heard someone make the argument that Itachi was foolish for not telling konoha about Tobi being the reason for the Kyubi attack on Konoha. He than said that Itachi could of united Konoha and the Uchiha against a common enemy.
- I heard someone else make a argument that Itachi's reasoning for destroying the clan, the potential for sparking a 4th Shinobi war, was unfounded. As Konoha during the Kyuubi attack at the beginning of the series, during the sand invasion and after Pain decimating Konoha, didn't spark a 4th shinobi war.

Do you have counter arguments for these arguments?