mcchikeneater

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It really isn't that hard to do if you have the right tools an materials and have some knowledge about building. It is however really to make one that sucks. The hardest part is affording all the materials honestly. You want skatelite to cover it so you can roll smooth on it which is pretty expensive stuff. And also, you want pressure treated wood so it doesn't rot out on you.

Skatelite, even for the cheap stuff, will cost anywhere from $500 to $2000 dollars to cover a ramp with depending on how big you want it, its $193.00 for a 4'x12' sheet of it. You can of course go cheap and get regular plywood for it, but you will most likely end up with uneven edges that will stop you dead in your tracks if you skate across them. And regular plywood will give splinters to crash on, and rot easy, and not curve well. Also, decent lumber for the framing isn't cheap either.

But just do some online research and I'm sure as long as you can gather quality materials you can build a kickass halfpipe, and if you were anywhere near me I would even help you build it and skate it. As a matter of fact, I might build myself one sometime. My friend Shawn used to have one in his backyard it was great.

Edit...nevermind all that, hear is a site that has ramp kits on it you can just buy and assemble that include skatelite decking and metal coping rails and everything already, would be much better quality ramp to get one like this.

still not cheap though.

Edit #2. Look around online like I am, there are cheaper places to buy ramp kits, though not by much. I was looking and that site doesn't even give you everything you need, you have to buy another $1000 dollars in lumber to finish building it. That should give you an idea of pricing though, its $1000 just for the framing lumber underneath for those ramps, so it wont be cheap.

Here's one I found.

Here's another. Just google skate ramp kits, there is a ton of things you can find.

Last edited: