Is It A Mistake Adapting The Hiden Novels Out of Order?

Itachi Edo

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
We're getting Sasuke's story first, which is closer to the Boruto story, and then we're going back to Shikamaru, which is a little after Kakashi became Hokage.

You must be registered for see images

Isn't this going to confuse casual fans? I get why they did it this way, because Sasuke is the popular character and his novel is about to be released internationally, but seems like a bad idea imo. You all?

Hakke

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
see , I have no problem with Sasuke novel being the first one to be adapted , but about the others novels , I think that they should animate every single one and stick to the timeline , and I think that they should make a movie recap for the Last , because the backstories of (Hamura , Toneri , The otsutsuki) isn't really well explained in the movie , and a movie recap to explain it all would be great

Last edited:
Reactions: KcMSean

Itachi Edo

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
see , I have no problem with Sasuke novel being the first one to be adapted , but about the others novels , I think that they should animate every single one and stick to the timeline , and I think that they should make a movie recap for the Last , because the backstories of (Hamura , Toneri , The otsutsuki) isn't really well explained , and a movie recap to explain it all would be great
Sakura's novel is pretty huge, far as Sasuke's character development goes and for the Naruto story overall. I know she's a hated character, but her novel is probably the most important one for understanding how we got to the Boruto era. I dunno about redoing The Last, even with the fleshing out of Toneri and Hamura.

Itachi Edo

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
see , I have no problem with Sasuke novel being the first one to be adapted , but about the others novels , I think that they should animate every single one and stick to the timeline , and I think that they should make a movie recap for the Last , because the backstories of (Hamura , Toneri , The otsutsuki) isn't really well explained in the movie , and a movie recap to explain it all would be great
Another thing, Naruto and Hinata are already married in the Sasuke novel. The anime doing Sasuke's story first and then ending with Naruto and Hinata's wedding is going to throw people off.

Itachi Edo

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
"adapting" is such a strong word. They changed a lot of things...
It's kinda like the Itachi novels, they changed some stuff around with the timeline and added in material, like that cat mission, and took out the mission where Obito killed Itachi's teammate when they were protecting the feudal lord.

In the Sasuke episodes, a bit has been changed from what I've seen. I waited until I finished reading it to watch the episodes. I'm 3 episodes in a damn, there's some changes.

Bad Touch Yakushi

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It's a little annoying when the novels had their own little timeline and were released chronologically.

Then again I think it's crazy the anime is passing up canon material in favour of their own stories they know nobody likes. Kakashi and Sakura hiden should be animated also.

Joshutsu

Elite
Kin
4💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Does that image mean they are now going to animate them all?

It's very strange to me that they wouldn't do that. And in order even... like who is calling the shots

Nick01

Legendary
Kin
113💸
Kumi
14,923💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I can agree with this.

Hakke

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Sakura's novel is pretty huge, far as Sasuke's character development goes and for the Naruto story overall. I know she's a hated character, but her novel is probably the most important one for understanding how we got to the Boruto era. I dunno about redoing The Last, even with the fleshing out of Toneri and Hamura.
I think that they really have to adapt Sakura's novel , to tell you the truth I haven't read it , but I am really curious about the relationship between Sasuke and Sakura , and I think if they adapt it , it will make Sakura more of a likeable character

Hakke

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I dunno about redoing The Last, even with the fleshing out of Toneri and Hamura.
the movie was more focused on the romance than the actual plot (which is really lame) , I think that they should recap it and focus more on the plot

we nearly know nothing about Toneri and Hamura , and the only thing that we know about the Otsutsuki that they are near extinction
because the side branch destroyed the main branch , but what exactly was the reason ?

and we know that Hinata is the Byakugan princess , but what exactly is a Byakugan princess ? and why Hinata is the one to be a Byakugan princess ? , is it kind of prophecy or something ? and we really know nothing about Hamura's chakra capability (which really a shame)

and we also know nothing about the relationship between the Hyuga and the Otsutsuki

and I really wish if the fight between Naruto and Toneri was longer , and I think that the fight between Kurama and the stone golem deserves a full episode (I really love Kurama's fights though )

Itachi Edo

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Does that image mean they are now going to animate them all?

It's very strange to me that they wouldn't do that. And in order even... like who is calling the shots
No. This is a timeline, Jump released when the novels were first released. These are Kishimoto approved, like the Bleach novels are Kubo approved, and part of the main story. Kinda crazy that they aren't at least doing Sakura's story, because it has a direct impact on the Sasuke story.

Itachi Edo

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
the movie was more focused on the romance than the actual plot (which is really lame) , I think that they should recap it and focus more on the plot

we nearly know nothing about Toneri and Hamura , and the only thing that we know about the Otsutsuki that they are near extinction
because the side branch destroyed the main branch , but what exactly was the reason ?

and we know that Hinata is the Byakugan princess , but what exactly is a Byakugan princess ? and why Hinata is the one to be a Byakugan princess ? , is it kind of prophecy or something ? and we really know nothing about Hamura's chakra capability (which really a shame)

and we also know nothing about the relationship between the Hyuga and the Otsutsuki

and I really wish if the fight between Naruto and Toneri was longer , and I think that the fight between Kurama and the stone golem deserves a full episode (I really love Kurama's fights though )
That's true. Naruto The Last is the only Naruto movie I fell asleep watching. Doesn't matter how many times I've tried to watch it. I always fall asleep around the Naruto and Hinata water drinking moment. My biggest complaint is the wasted villain.