[Discussion] Is everything bad a religion?

UCHIHAKUNOICHI

Veteran
Kin
324💸
Kumi
201💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The living world isn't meant to be paradise. Stop being a baby.

Also, what do you mean being sexist? People seem to throw that word around a lot.

And being a homophobe shouldn't be a bad thing for an atheist like you.

Funny you say before religion when every civilization ever has been religious in one way or another. Not to mention belief in God is natural anyways.
While I agree with you with God Jehovah's existence. I don't agree with your approaching. While you are denying him important information, (Hosea 4:6. My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge) you are doing it in a harsh manner.
He seems genuinely interested in knowing it.

And I guess he is probably impling that time when Paul and other Apostles sinned against God's will, when they denied women the right to teach and preach and being leaders like the Judge Deborah and the prophetess Huldah.
And they too shall be judged for that.

Have a nice day!

Last edited:

Made in Heaven

Supreme
Kin
5💸
Kumi
-6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
While I agree with you with God Jehovah's existence. I don't agree with your approaching. While you are denying him important information, (Hosea 4:6. My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge) you are doing it in a harsh manner.
He seems genuinely interested in knowing it.

And I guess he is probably impling that time when Paul and other Apostles sinned against God's will, when they denied women the right to teach and preach and being leaders like the Judge Deborah and the prophetess Huldah.
And they too shall be judged for that.

Have a nice day!
No, I know what he's like. People like him just throw around as many negative liberal labels as they can and call it a day.

UCHIHAKUNOICHI

Veteran
Kin
324💸
Kumi
201💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
No, I know what he's like. People like him just throw around as many negative liberal labels as they can and call it a day.
Btw: Woprshipping God Jehovah doesn't have anything to do with being liberal or conservative.

And Who knows?

Well, the Scriptures say:

To know wisdom and instruction; to perceive the words of understanding; A wise man will hear, and will increase learning; and a man of understanding shall attain unto wise counsels: The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge.

(Proverbs 1: 1-7)

So now, it's all up to him.

Last edited:

lagala

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The appearance of the universe from nowhere and nothing, and its subsequent assembling of itself into everything we know, is not testable, repeatable, falsifiable, or observable in the present. Therefore, any attempts to "prove" it happened that way by performing laboratory experiments designed, executed and interpreted by an intelligent being (often thousands of them) fall flat.

Evolution is a religious myth, and its adherents are just as brainwashed and fanatical and exclusive as any cult.

Cornson

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Funny you say before religion when every civilization ever has been religious in one way or another. Not to mention belief in God is natural anyways.
Most nations might have been religious but not all, some wore just spiritual.

take native Indians, they didn't believe in gods, but spirits, same way with the Mongolians and the Inuits, they clearly had faith, but they didn't believe in gods.

A belief in the existence of gods is not natural, i grew up in a culture without religion (it's just a cultural thing, almost no one believes in god here) i clearly remember back in high school in 6'th grade where we wore though in a class that there are actually people that believe gods exist, I only saw shock and confusion there, to us it was unnatural that people actually believes in gods.

Cornson

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The appearance of the universe from nowhere and nothing, and its subsequent assembling of itself into everything we know, is not testable, repeatable, falsifiable, or observable in the present. Therefore, any attempts to "prove" it happened that way by performing laboratory experiments designed, executed and interpreted by an intelligent being (often thousands of them) fall flat.
it's like 50 years ago that we proved that the universe was expanding (look up red-shift, light spectrum) if the universe keep expanding at an accelerated rate that means that in the past the universe was "smaller" keep rewinding time and you keep decreasing the size until you go back 13.7 billion years, we might now know exactly why the universe started expanding, but we know it did, and the hypothesis of the beginning of the universe is what we call "the big bang" and the reason why i wrote "hypothesis" and not "theory" is because it have yet to be proven, you call something a scientific theory when you can test something repeatably and it reliably gives you the predicted result.

hence why:

Evolution is a religious myth, and its adherents are just as brainwashed and fanatical and exclusive as any cult.
This state is false, it's outright false, fake news even, because evolution have been proven, just like we have 4 season and 2 + 2 = 4.

Cornson

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
and stop spreading lies about WW2.
As far as i am aware i haven't spread a single lie.

Hitler clearly wanted nothing but respect to nazism. Be it Catholic or Muslim.
Jehovah Witnesses are some of the ones that didn't enter politics. Hence why they were persecuted brutally.
I fail to see how this in any way contradicts with the claim i made ("some scholars claim that hitler was an christian")...

I never said all scholars said it, I never said most, i said some, and i personally do not believe that, all i said was that "some" scholars claimed something, that's all i did... I never claimed that Hitler was a Christian and i did not specify the people Hitler went after, so i don't know why you bring up the Jehovah Witnesses (they also killed people with downs syndrome and other diseases in an attempt to purify their genetics) are you mentioning Jehovah witnesses as some kind of gotcha because they are also Christians? i don't see how that works at all, Christians have been murdering Christians for over 1000 years... latest was in Ireland where Protestant and Catholics murdered each other...

Hitler used the German hatred towards Jews, communism, and whatever people didn't submit to his system.
Correct, Hitler used anything he could to rile up the masses, not only their hatred to "x" but also a sense of belonging and national pride and patriotism, he was a very charismatic and intelligent person, if he wasn't he could never have gone from being a soldier of the lowest rank in WW1 to a canceler for his country.

You are messing the Crusades with WW2.
And here I thought danes were much more better educated.
I don't see how i am, the Nazies wore Nazies, sure, never claimed they worn't... but they also had a belief in the christian god, they wore christian.

Last edited:

UCHIHAKUNOICHI

Veteran
Kin
324💸
Kumi
201💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
As far as i am aware i have spread a single lie.

I fail to see how this in any way contradicts with the claim i made ("some scholars claim that hitler was an christian")...

I never said all scholars said it, I never said most, i said some, and i personally do not believe that, all i said was that "some" scholars claimed something, that's all i did... I never claimed that Hitler was a Christian and i did not specify the people Hitler went after, so i don't know why you bring up the Jehovah Witnesses (they also killed people with downs syndrome and other diseases in an attempt to purify their genetics) are you mentioning Jehovah witnesses as some kind of gotcha because they are also Christians? i don't see how that works at all, Christians have been murdering Christians for over 1000 years... latest was in Ireland where Protestant and Catholics murdered each other...

Correct, Hitler used anything he could to rile up the masses, not only their hatred to "x" but also a sense of belonging and national pride and patriotism, he was a very charismatic and intelligent person, if he wasn't he could never have gone from being a soldier of the lowest rank in WW1 to a canceler for his country.

I don't see how i am, the Nazies wore Nazies, sure, never claimed they worn't... but they also had a belief in the christian god, they wore christian.
I would ignore your answer since it's blatantly clear you've never read the whole Bible, and has a rotten sense of history. But I cringe when I see Nordic and Germanic people being as ignorant as spreading that nazism is related to God.

Or telling JW are pro eugenic projects when all of them perished since they firmly believed the opposite.

Nazism firmly believed that Pagan practices and legends should be re spread. If the Pope wanted to secure his rule allying with Hitler that's another story.

You should do your research: starting with Alfred Rosenberg.

For the last time: Nazism has nothing to do with God. Sorry everybody for this boy's post.
His logic is the same as telling that linguists are all pro- Roman Empire, since most of them study Latin.
I never thought the danes would go as ignorant as this.

Last edited:

salamander uchiha

Legendary
Kin
9,043💸
Kumi
6,082💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

take native Indians, they didn't believe in gods, but spirits, same way with the Mongolians and the Inuits, they clearly had faith, but they didn't believe in gods.
The red Indians and other nations believed in the one spirit, call it God if you like in English. The contradiction here is believing in something or anything spiritual wouldn't tie in with evolution by default since it's material.

A belief in the existence of gods is not natural, i grew up in a culture without religion (it's just a cultural thing, almost no one believes in god here) i clearly remember back in high school in 6'th grade where we wore though in a class that there are actually people that believe gods exist, I only saw shock and confusion there, to us it was unnatural that people actually believes in gods.
Yes believing in gods is unnatural, believing in a God is natural. That's why you were in conflict without realising the reason why.

This state is false, it's outright false, fake news even, because evolution have been proven, just like we have 4 season and 2 + 2 = 4.
No it hasn't it's just a claim. The only thing false in this simultude is that you compared an unsubstantiated theory with a mathematical certainty to promote the level of it's validity.

Last edited:

UCHIHAKUNOICHI

Veteran
Kin
324💸
Kumi
201💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The red Indians and other nations believed in the one spirit, call it God if you like in English. The contradiction here is believing in something or anything spiritual wouldn't tie in with evolution by default since it's material.

Yes believing in gods is unnatural, believing in a God is natural. That's why you were in conflict without realising the reason why.

No it hasn't it's just a claim. The only thing false in this simultude is that you compared an unsubstantiated theory with a mathematical certainty to promote the level of it's validity.
I like how he ignores more than 2000 years of his own country's history.

And by the way, it must be quite easy telling God doesn't exist when your nation is the second most pacific in the world, in 2011 considered one with the least social inequality in the world and the list can go on and on.
He has one danish little problem: arrogance. If he got off of his high horse, he'd see that people that have their family killed in wars deserve some kind of higher justice.

I'd like him to tell all of this to his own ancestors that attacked monasteries in 1530, when all of the danes were mad that Catholic Church was preaching idolatry etc.

I wonder if he is still in High School.:wut:

Cornson

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I would ignore your answer since it's blatantly clear you've never read the whole Bible
Read it twice.

and has a rotten sense of history.
I failed to see what i wrote that was wrong.

But I cringe when I see Nordic and Germanic people being as ignorant as spreading that nazism is related to God.
The nazies wore christians, just because you wore ignorent of that fact doesn't change that...

Or telling JW are pro eugenic projects when all of them perished since they firmly believed the opposite.
I never said that.

Nazism firmly believed that Pagan practices and legends should be re spread
False.

You should do your research:
So should you.

For the last time: Nazism has nothing to do with God. Sorry everybody for this boy's post.
The nazies belived in the abrahamic god, they wore christian.

UCHIHAKUNOICHI

Veteran
Kin
324💸
Kumi
201💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Read it twice.

I failed to see what i wrote that was wrong.

The nazies wore christians, just because you wore ignorent of that fact doesn't change that...

I never said that.

False.

So should you.

The nazies belived in the abrahamic god, they wore christian.
No you didn't. If you did, you would never believe in: the Devil was cast in Hell.

You must be one of the ignorant people that also believe in the catholic myth that people are going to Heaven *laughs*

Don't lie to yourself . You just read a few lines and never studied with deepness. Pathetic.

God doesn't have anything to do with Nazism. For the last time boy, just because Pythagoras was Greek , it doesn't mean his methods has anything to do with believing in his religion.

Hitler has everything to do with nationalism, be the people christian, atheist, pagan, and oh goodness, even danish people were pro nazis.

Stop spreading lies about nazism, otherwise the Wilde Jagd, and Rosenberg are coming to get you.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Cornson

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
No you didn't. If you did, you would never believe in: the Devil was cast in Hell.
I'm looking at my danish version of the book right now and that's what i said.

You must be one of the ignorant people that also believe in the catholic myth that people are going to Heaven *laughs*
Not at all, I don't belive there is a afterlife, im an atheist.

Don't lie to yourself . You just read a few lines and never studied with deepness. Pathetic.
I never studied the bible or took notes, but as i said i did read it, twice, first when i was 14 then a few years later when i was 18 or 19.

also, I deeply disagree with you that it pathetic to not have studied the bible, I'm indifferent it's content, i was never raised in the belief so it was quite easy to never buy in to if when i first read true it at the age of 14.

God doesn't have anything to do with Nazism. For the last time boy, just because Pythagoras was Greek , it doesn't mean his methods has anything to do with believing in his religion.
I never said that the christian god or any other god for that matter had anything to do with the nazies, i wore simply stating the fact that the vast majority of nazies wore christians.

Hitler has everything to do with nationalism, be the people christian, atheist, pagan, and oh goodness, even danish people were pro nazis.
many people wore pro nazism at the time, but many more wore not also, i wasn't alive back then so to me it's just history.

Stop spreading lies about nazism, otherwise the Wilde Jagd, and Rosenberg are coming to get you.
As far as i know i haven't lied a single time.

Cornson

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I like how he ignores more than 2000 years of his own country's history.And by the way, it must be quite easy telling God doesn't exist when your nation is the second most pacific in the world, in 2011 considered one with the least social inequality in the world and the list can go on and on.
I'm not saying that god does not exist, all im saying is that i personally does not have a belief that he exists. (there is a huge difference)

Made in Heaven

Supreme
Kin
5💸
Kumi
-6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

Same difference.

Except you didn't. All societies, whether they have atheists in them or not, have and always will have religion or religion-like influences.It's in human nature to believe in such things, and this has been proven.

UCHIHAKUNOICHI

Veteran
Kin
324💸
Kumi
201💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'm looking at my danish version of the book right now and that's what i said.

Not at all, I don't belive there is a afterlife, im an atheist.

I never studied the bible or took notes, but as i said i did read it, twice, first when i was 14 then a few years later when i was 18 or 19.

also, I deeply disagree with you that it pathetic to not have studied the bible, I'm indifferent it's content, i was never raised in the belief so it was quite easy to never buy in to if when i first read true it at the age of 14.

I never said that the christian god or any other god for that matter had anything to do with the nazies, i wore simply stating the fact that the vast majority of nazies wore christians.

many people wore pro nazism at the time, but many more wore not also, i wasn't alive back then so to me it's just history.

As far as i know i haven't lied a single time.
I'm happy to know you recognize the difference between nazism, God Jehovah, germans and nationalism.

And may I guess what versicle you are reading? It's this one: And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, , where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day. (Revelation 20, 10)

As you see, you can't distinguish prophecy from facts that already happened.

Sorry, this may seem harsh but you are acting no better than a kid with a astrophysics book. Telling everybody that what's inside it is wrong.
I'm not saying you can't learn alone, but denying everything just because "It's easy not buy into it, because I'm suposedly an enlightened exception " just proves how much biased and not critical you are.

Your environment is no better than those of who you so much disdain ,the "indoctrinated". You were too. But into denying every single thing it tells. Take your own classroom example.
And take time to listen yourself: "I'm indifferent to its content".

How nice to know you think that assassins that go missing forever will never be punished, and tortured kids don't deserve higher justice.

But that's your free will. Your choice given by God Jehovah himself.

Last edited:

NarutoKage2

Veteran
Kin
9💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Cus, athesits say that religion is connected to so much bad stuff even though it is the face of morality.

Then religious people say that Hitler was an atheist.

You could also look att communism, and people who are far on the left, they seem to be very moral, but communism is connected to a lot of bad stuff as well.

So then atheists say that Hitler was religious, cus he was some religious figure people worshipped, same with Mao or Stalin.

And nazism was then sort of a religion.

My opinion is that nazism was not a religion at all.

And that saying it is just another religion undermines the seriousness of it.

But I'm not saying that cus I'm trying to find an argument pro religion against atheism.

I'm saying that cus I don't like nazism.

But I'm a little confused so I wanna know what you think about it.

I haven't read the book but the guy interested in evolution wrote a book that was almost called "the root of all evil", or something like that, referring to religion. And thinking, communism, nazism, etc is all religion, I mean it's easy to thnk religion is this evil overlord., like Satan himself.

There is a family guy clip of people being sophisticated and then when religion is introduced they start to kill each other.

Is this really how the world works? Or am I right that it's more complicated than that?
It’s not the root of all evil, far from it. Just the root of a large chunk of the worlds evil.

You see, the philosophy of imposition of YOUR will/ worldview, upon another person/people is evil. It just so happens that a large chunk of these ‘imposers’ past and present, have been religious. Thus the attribution of evil made, in the example you cited, by Richard dawkins.

Made in Heaven

Supreme
Kin
5💸
Kumi
-6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
It’s not the root of all evil, far from it. Just the root of a large chunk of the worlds evil.

You see, the philosophy of imposition of YOUR will/ worldview, upon another person/people is evil. It just so happens that a large chunk of these ‘imposers’ past and present, have been religious. Thus the attribution of evil made, in the example you cited, by Richard dawkins.
So lgbt imposing on religious people that it's okay to be gay counts as evil?

NarutoKage2

Veteran
Kin
9💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So lgbt imposing on religious people that it's okay to be gay counts as evil?
LGBT people don’t stone religious people to death for their views on homosexuality, do they? But if they did, then yes.

And in a world where being gay is a crime in at least 30 odd countries, you have it, no pun intended ,ass backwards. No place in the world that I know of has outlawed being religious(communist countries notwithstanding). So no, your example of imposition is not really an imposition now is it.

Made in Heaven

Supreme
Kin
5💸
Kumi
-6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
LGBT people don’t stone religious people to death for their views on homosexuality, do they? But if they did, then yes.
That's not what you said though

the philosophy of imposition of YOUR will/ worldview, upon another person/people is evil.
No mention of stoning or punishments. Just that forcing your views on others is evil.

And in a world where being gay is a crime in at least 30 odd countries, you have it, no pun intended ,ass backwards.
Out of like 290

No place in the world that I know of has outlawed being religious(communist countries notwithstanding).
So it has been outlawed :lol

So no, your example of imposition is not really an imposition now is it.
Do you know what imposition means?