Donald J Trump

Elite
Kin
912💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I use to really believe that Dragon would be slightly stronger than Shanks, but the more the story progresses the less I believe this. The reason for this is because there is a saying "you're only as good as the closest friend to you". Going off this, and after seeing the new 4 generals, I don't think any of them (including Sabo) are as strong as Ben Beckman or Katakuri. Furthermore, the formula for writing stories/manga is that the more the story progresses, the stronger the characters that are shown. The fact that Dragon is making his move now instead of towards the end of the series, makes me believe that Oda is saving up the strongest of them all for the final climax (BB, Shanks, Akainu etc)

What are your opinions on the Generals?

I think based on their character design and the first look at their powers, they're very underwhelming. It looks like the RA are going to use tactics and strategy to pull off the W in this "war" and not brute force. In my head a few weeks ago, I had 4/5 characters similar design to Shiryuu pictured as the revolutionary generals.

To me THIS is a general!

You must be registered for see images

The powers seem kind of recycled and I personally prefer damage to tactics.

Even Sabo is supposed to be the second in command, however, he doesn't seem to be someone that is Katakuri tier.

Cursed Prince

Legendary
Kin
58💸
Kumi
30💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Sabo just got the flame flame fruit, give him time to adjust and I'd put him above Katakuri. Dude's already a haki master, and he fodderized Burgess (That's not really impressive but still)

Easyfathom

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I think he is definitely going to use tactics more, that is what has been portrayed so far... Knowing that, you should realise that he is now making his move because of the reverie. This is the first since we started the story (Luffy as a young adult). Doubtful that Oda will wait till another time-skip.

So it's logical he would strike now and shouldn't diminish his strength.

Passerby

Veteran
Kin
1,405💸
Kumi
711💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
When Luffy was revealed to be Dragons son he got the similar reaction to that of Roger been revealed to be Aces father. This says something.

Dragon maybe insanely OP to the point where he can take on all 3 admirals. I wouldn't consider that bad writing either even though some might. In almost all popular shonen manga there are many top tier character's that can stomp another top tier character with ease so why shouldn't One Piece be any different? It wont hurt the series whatsoever.

Rikudou Tobi

Legendary
Kin
543💸
Kumi
618💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Sabo>Dogtooth imo because Admiral Issho couldn't do anything to Sabo and he was hardly using his main power, just experimenting with his newly found one.

You shouldn't really judge character's strength based on appearance alone anyways and you got Kuma. Look at how powerful Kuma is (or at least was), you can't lower a character's strength standards based on his crew members. Look at Rogers, he doesn't look powerful at all yet he's the pirate king.

Donald J Trump

Elite
Kin
912💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Sabo>Dogtooth imo because Admiral Issho couldn't do anything to Sabo and he was hardly using his main power, just experimenting with his newly found one.

You shouldn't really judge character's strength based on appearance alone anyways and you got Kuma. Look at how powerful Kuma is (or at least was), you can't lower a character's strength standards based on his crew members. Look at Rogers, he doesn't look powerful at all yet he's the pirate king.
You telling me, Roger doesn't look powerful?

[video]http://vb.eqla3.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=499305&stc=1&d=1188625928[/video]

MickNerks

Elite
Kin
77💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Im actually gonna make a thread about this tomorrow, but from what I saw from the manga today Dragon is stronger than a yonko.

First of all the commanders shown today are only the head of his armies across the seas, but that doesnt mean they are the strongest because we all know Ivankov is a high ranking member of the Rev's yet she was not included as an army commander. Kuma was also a high ranking executive but wasnt a leader of the army. I would think that they are strong, but Dragon, Sabo, Ivanov, and the from doffy's speech is still more powerful than the army commanders.

I will go into more detail tomorrow, but now Im sure Dragon is stronger than an Yonko. Regardless, we will see by the end of this arc.

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
1,664💸
Kumi
11,569💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
Dressrosa took two years to be completed. WCI did as well, and that was them mostly running from an Emperor with just one major fight against her subordinates. Oda estimated OP would have ten years left a couple years ago.

We still have the Revolutionaries, World Government, Emperors, other Supernova, and Marine HQ to get through, as well as the final war. Your "Dragon is making his move now and not at the end of the series" argument is nonsense because we ARE in the end of the series. OP hit the climax at the start of the Yonko Saga, really, and we're seeing it get closer and closer to the end game.

Rikudou Tobi

Legendary
Kin
543💸
Kumi
618💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You telling me, Roger doesn't look powerful?

[video]http://vb.eqla3.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=499305&stc=1&d=1188625928[/video]
Pre timeskip everyone looked powerful even

As for this Rogers. No he doesn’t look powerful
You must be registered for see images
And I like his get-up too because it’s traditional pirate attire.

Rikudou Tobi

Legendary
Kin
543💸
Kumi
618💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Im actually gonna make a thread about this tomorrow, but from what I saw from the manga today Dragon is stronger than a yonko.

First of all the commanders shown today are only the head of his armies across the seas, but that doesnt mean they are the strongest because we all know Ivankov is a high ranking member of the Rev's yet she was not included as an army commander. Kuma was also a high ranking executive but wasnt a leader of the army. I would think that they are strong, but Dragon, Sabo, Ivanov, and the from doffy's speech is still more powerful than the army commanders.

I will go into more detail tomorrow, but now Im sure Dragon is stronger than an Yonko. Regardless, we will see by the end of this arc.
That mystery guy is Morley the West army commander, I was gonna make a thread on that but it seems that by Dofy's speech to Tsuru, Morley would be the third strongest of the Revolutionary army.

LBeezy

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I use to really believe that Dragon would be slightly stronger than Shanks,
Idk about this.. I always thought Shanks would be one of the strongest characters we would get to see.. Dragon's "Most Wanted" title does make me feel like he is not only one of the biggest threats to the WG, but also very strong as well.. so idk.. I can't wait to see both Shanks and Dragon's true power.. only then can we decide who is stronger.. for now it's still up in the air..

but the more the story progresses the less I believe this. The reason for this is because there is a saying "you're only as good as the closest friend to you".
The SH pirates ? Luffy and his bestfriend Usopp ?

Going off this, and after seeing the new 4 generals, I don't think any of them (including Sabo) are as strong as Ben Beckman or Katakuri.
All I can say man is don't judge books by their cover.. this is OP after all.. lol

HowDidIGetPrem

Elite
Kin
5,803💸
Kumi
1,192💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
People basing powers based on "looks" like Gear Fourth, Weevil, and Blackbeard ain't goofy as shit.
Blackbeard looks menacing.

OT: I see what you're getting at, but I don't agree with the use of Dragon's commanders to estimate his own strength. You acknowledged that they're using tactics more so than strength, and I think that's exactly why this shouldn't be done. Rather than just beating the baddie, these guys seem to be more oriented to helping uprisings and strengthening the people themselves so that they don't need protection from the WG or pirates. That's their strong points and why they were appointed. Like Mick Nerks said, they could easily have stronger fighters under their command that simply aren't qualified or interested in being commanders.

ArabianLuffy

Elite
Kin
152💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Obtained the DF faster and easier
Stalled Fujitora
Beat the shit out of Burgess

and you still underestimating Sabo. However, leading a dangerous yet powerful organisation shouldn't mean their leader must be strong. Perhaps what leads people are ideals, not physical power. I wouldn't be surprised if Dragon is just an ordinary man physically, but what worries me is what he knows of the world.

OG sama

Veteran
Kin
347💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The logic you guys are using to base the strength of a character on is straight trash, who says you need to look strong to be strong?

As for Dragons strength, as the leader of the revo army he can't be weaker than Sabo who in my opinion is anywhere from Jozu-Marco level which means Dragon should be a legit Admiral level character which makes since considering he's the most wanted man in the world and is Garps son. As for which Admiral he is closest to is anybody's guess.

ArabianLuffy

Elite
Kin
152💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
The logic you guys are using to base the strength of a character on is straight trash, who says you need to look strong to be strong?

As for Dragons strength, as the leader of the revo army he can't be weaker than Sabo who in my opinion is anywhere from Jozu-Marco level which means Dragon should be a legit Admiral level character which makes since considering he's the most wanted man in the world and is Garps son. As for which Admiral he is closest to is anybody's guess.
Who are you talking to? Definitely there are ideas posted before you differ with each other.

MadaraReturns

Veteran
Kin
129💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
He can't be Admiral lvl, Dragon is above Yonko lvl I assure you! Shanks won't be beating him.

It is a portrayal how everyone was crying and watching after Roger's death publicly as youngsters while Dragon made the whole area rain from the shadows. Shanks back then looked like a kid crying for his father while Dragon was like the father whose expression said that in time justice will come.

He'll be above Yonko's cause numbers alone arent getting the WG, Admirals, CP0 and the whole navy plus eventually the Shichibukai down. If Sabo's around 650m (even though thats most probably because they dont take credit for their deeds) the rest will also be around Sabo's lvl. And Dragon has to be atleast personally above Yonko level to be secure enough to attack the WG.