Pigmyz

Regular
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
First of all, Yes i know i've never watched dbz before, its shocking i know.

Anyways ive always wanted to watch dbz, but i looked at the episodes and theres like at least 100 episodes in each series.

Should i still watch it if its so long?

and also dub or sub?

ColdSummer

Regular
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Absolutely. You may think DBZ is overrated due to how much hype it has received, but it's popular for a reason. It's the standard for fighting/super power series in my opinion. And as far as dub vs sub goes, I prefer dub simply because it's what I grew up with. Their dub voices just sound so much more iconic in my mind.

Young Vongola

Veteran
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
If you didn't see it as a kid, you probably won't understand the hype around it. The only reason people love it so much is because they grew up with it - in reality it's really not that extravagant lol. However it did inspire a lot of the stuff you watch now.

I would say watch it, it's not bad at all. It's entertaining and funny esp in OG Dragonball.

DaileyM

Veteran
Kin
6๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
If you didn't see it as a kid, you probably won't understand the hype around it. The only reason people love it so much is because they grew up with it - in reality it's really not that extravagant lol. However it did inspire a lot of the stuff you watch now.

I would say watch it, it's not bad at all. It's entertaining and funny esp in OG Dragonball.
This.. it's like pokemon lol.. You should still watch it though.

SharinganisOP

Regular
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
I think dbz is well worth watching. Watching dragonball first isn't necessary, but I do advise you to watch it.

There are a little less than 300 episodes in dragon ball z and around 100 episodes in dragonball iirc, less if you exclude filler though. Meaning around 400 episodes if you want to watch it.

I suggest watching the dub as the voices chosen for the sub's main characters can get rather annoying extremely fast, particularly Goku's voice.

Also you could read the manga if that is too long for you, you will finish the manga much faster but the quality of the manga scan's for most of the chapters online aren't very great (though this was about a year ago last time I checked).

JackelLord

Regular
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
DBZ was Great during the Time it was being Aired......However, Now that there so many better stories and better animations, It's not that good.

People like it mainly due to Nostalgia. And some of the Hardcore DBZ fans refuse to watch other anime due to their Nostalgia.

Mahesvara

Elite
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Yes, you gotta watch it, DBZ is a classic and a legend in the anime and manga industry. Do not watch it subbed though, the dubbed is even preferred by sub snobs.

Edit: You should watch DB first though.

Last edited:

Gerkak

Legendary
Kin
67๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
18๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Awards

This^^^^^^^^^^^^