Is Air the strongest element in TLA & LOK?

BenjerminGaye

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Now you are just assuming things. Many people who got bloodbent were able to speak, breath and were still alive. Care to explain how they did that while according to your logic they should have dropped dead instantly? After all even the heart is a muscle. It's simple: there's a limit to bloodbending and most likely they can only bend the large muscle groups. If a firebender just starts spitting out fire everywhere, in the most unfortunate case the bloodbender is right in the line of fire. In the very best of cases everything around him is torched and I wonder how long he can keep his concentration in the smoke and heat and it would even be far worse with a combustion user. Imagine one randomly shooting beams everywhere. And Bumi? Well the bloodbender just has to stand in his line of sight and even that might not be necessary. Bloodbending is an all or nothing skill as its defensive capabilities are absolute zero.
Actually its quite the opposite. In multiple instances of yakone, tarrlok, and amon's blodbending the victim suffered convulsions, improper breath control, and in some cases passed out completely during and or immediately after the bloodbending itself. Both breath of fire and combustion bending rely heavily on proper breath control which is proven to be not happening while being bloodbent.

Creativity? Earthbending includes lavabending, sandbending, crystalbending and metalbending. Firebending includes combustionbending, lightningbending, partially lavabending and steambending. So waterbending using sweat is not particularly overwhelming. Also the reason why they can't yank blood out, is because they simply can't, that's beyond the abilities of the skill. Your excuse of that this is a kid's show is invalid as if you reason like that, you can say that of every element. "If this wasn't a kid's show then lightingbenders could easily kill anyone by just stopping the electrical impulses throughout your body", "If this wasn't a kid's show then metalbenders could easily kill anyone by manipulating the minerals in their bodies", "If this wasn't a kid's show then airbenders could blow up the chests of anyone by expanding the air in their lungs"...
you kinda went off on a tangent here. I wasn't referring to subskills of each element, just bloodbending. And no it not a "they simply cant" situation since they in a sense already did it(why i brought up sweatbending(bending bodily fluids) and the tree(extracting fluids).Katara said it herself when learning bloodbending, she made the comparison of using the water in plants to manipulate them, and hana too it a step further by extracting the water. Bloodbending is simply the first step so to speak. Whereas your examples haven't even been remotely hinted at, save the "mineral bending" which still is a stretch, since the best we've seen was toph removing a foreign metal, lord knows if she can even sense let alone manipulate the minerals that are already there.

And what of the taking another person's bending away? That's negligible. It's the same thing as with the tech of sucking the air out of someone's lungs: you would need to subdue the opponent first. You could say that first you use bloodbending to keep the opponent still and then take their bending away, but then you forget what I just said: if you get that close to a fire, earth or airbender, you have another thing coming as even Iroh's nostrils and Aang's sneeze are dangerous. I also wonder if it's even possible to do both at the same time? And above all that tech was an original tech of Amon, a highly powerful individual. So you are using a unique tech of a rare individual within a rare group of people within the skill of waterbending as a representation of the entire element? That's like 0.01%.
I didn't bring that up to say it's a better fighting technique i brought it up because the ability is borderline energybending bending. A skill belonging only to avatars, and the people before the era of avatars. In my eyes its unfair for such techniques to belong to a subskill of bending. None of the other element have that, or at the very least have been pushed that far.

With air you get:
flight; astral projection

with earth you get:
sand;crystal;metal;lava

with fire you get:
lightning;combustion

but water on the other hand is;
healing; plantbending;ice and mist(which is still technically water) and blood
but even that gets its own subsection with:
energybending lite.

That doesn't seem a little skewed to you?

If I would apply your logic I could easily say for example that firebenders are without all doubt the strongest benders as have you seen them during Sozin's Comet? Ozai could go toe to toe with Aang in the Avatar State and I dare say that you wouldn't be able to bloodbend Ozai when he's like that.
now you're reaching. Sozin's comet isn't a reflection of ozai's ability since the comet is an outside factor. It's like saying dark avatar harmonic convergence Unalavattu is the pinnacle waterbending, I mean he actually ripped the ravva out out of korra. -_- but im not cuz thats not the point of the conversation.

BenjerminGaye

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Yes, Aang did.

Zaheer said in order to fly, one must be able to detach himself from all earthly tethers. Which should be easy, since Airbending ideology consists of detaching themselves from worldly concerns, and since Aang was able to do it in order to enter the Avatar State, before he got onshotted by Azula
technically he did.

but then he got shot, started to care again and lost the ability