[Discussion] Is Abortion Better Than Child Abandonment?

Which IS Worse? Abortion Or Abandoning Your Child.

• Abortion

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Child Abandonment

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Indifferent

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

Luther

Legendary
Kin
6💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
There are a lot of children who grow up in rough homes and rough neighborhoods with no father or even without no parents and are forced to turn to crime to stay alive, in such scenario would it have been better to abort the said child than to give birth and abandon him/her? Then again cant one argue that atleast if one is born he has a fighting chance and a chance to live?

JStar King

Elite
Kin
3💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
No. It's better if the child has a chance to be adopted by an actual family, who will give them the love and discipline they need rather than not being able to have a chance with life. Abortion is wrong unless the girl was raped (Despite what my religion says).

Every child should have a right to experience a full life. However, I do have to admit that its a shame that there are children out there, who were abandoned and never got the chance to be in a loving family.

My old H.S buddy, Bobby, was placed in foster care since his whole life. He kept moving, because they kept trying to eparate him from his younger brother despite the fact that he promised to protect and never abandon him.

CloyEscapade

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Why wouldn't you want babies to go to heaven?
No. It's better if the child has a chance to be adopted by an actual family, who will give them the love and discipline they need rather than not being able to have a chance with life. Abortion is wrong unless the girl was raped (Despite what my religion says).

Every child should have a right to experience a full life. However, I do have to admit that its a shame that there are children out there, who were abandoned and never got the chance to be in a loving family.

My old H.S buddy, Bobby, was placed in foster care since his whole life. He kept moving, because they kept trying to eparate him from his younger brother despite the fact that he promised to protect and never abandon him.

Pumpkin Ninja

Legendary
Kin
577💸
Kumi
2,186💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
How about neither?

Abandoning a child is worse but either way, I think both are bad and can easily be avoided. No need to ruin a life just because it inconveniences you. Should have thought of that before.

Zexion~

Legendary
Kin
21💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Absolutely not, a child can still have the opportunity to LIVE A LIFE (the only thing we are capable of doing in the universe) if you "abandon" it. Not allowing the child to live its life that it was destined to is just wrong and is almost a crime against the universe itself.

Yes being alone is shitty, but I'd rather be alone my entire life and enjoy it on my own than not get a chance to live it out, especially when this life is a product of your own actions (rape is a little different). Just because you're too weak to raise a child doesn't mean that they can't make something of their life without you lol I don't really care about the "pro-choice" argument all I know is that If we killed babies right when they left the womb (literally a day difference) it would be a whole different story. Just take the nine months (a paid time off from most jobs) and let the life YOU spawned exist. Not to mention happiness is the main measurement of life even if you are too poor to raise a child or feel like it will inhibit your future, I'm sure they'd be happy just to have you.

Giving it away is still a fine option however, abortion is just lame asf to me.

Xēnovia.

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
my motto is always give a life a second chance abandoning a child is wrong and should be looked after and strive to become something much more. killing a precious life isn't an option.

YowYan

Legendary
Kin
1,244💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I'm not necessarily pro-abortion but I believe we ought to improve the quality of life for the youth that are already walking the earth instead of imposing our value system on people we are not affiliated with. It's something for the parents and the parents only to decide about. There shouldn't be any 3rd parties in the picture. That is, until society has improved at such a rate we can say with confidence that a child can enjoy this new manifestation. And lets be honest, the quality of life will only go downhill. Period.

I could even go as far as saying it is selfish to reproduce.

Erotic L

Banned
Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Absolutely not, a child can still have the opportunity to LIVE A LIFE (the only thing we are capable of doing in the universe) if you "abandon" it. Not allowing the child to live its life that it was destined to is just wrong and is almost a crime against the universe itself.

Yes being alone is shitty, but I'd rather be alone my entire life and enjoy it on my own than not get a chance to live it out, especially when this life is a product of your own actions (rape is a little different). Just because you're too weak to raise a child doesn't mean that they can't make something of their life without you lol I don't really care about the "pro-choice" argument all I know is that If we killed babies right when they left the womb (literally a day difference) it would be a whole different story. Just take the nine months (a paid time off from most jobs) and let the life YOU spawned exist. Not to mention happiness is the main measurement of life even if you are too poor to raise a child or feel like it will inhibit your future, I'm sure they'd be happy just to have you.

Giving it away is still a fine option however, abortion is just lame asf to me.
There are always two sides to every story.

wanderingcactus

Veteran
Kin
2,117💸
Kumi
1,383💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I think it is both the same really.

You are still discarding a life like it is nothing.

But if you meant by abandon to be like giving up a child for adoption, that may be different.
This child has a chance to grow up, to have a better life than the one that was expected.

Greatness23

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I mean, if the girl or couple got pregnant without intention then abortion could and should be an option. In the early stages anyway. Carrying a child will inevitably create feelings of love unless the female or guy, is just a f cuk boy, girl... yunno? I mean why have a child and put the kid through all that mental stress of wondering why? No kids would be abandoned if people nutted up and made better decisions

shresthabijay26

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I cant say about other countries but in my country, I think Abortion is better. I have seen those homeless children who dont get to eat, sleep on street, beg on road. They are used by some for begging and given very little. They are called using abusing words. The street child only know to steal and beg. That is the condition in this country where politicians are busy feeding their stomach and collecting tons of money in switzerland Banks. They even steal those funds received for earthquaqe victims. There are countless children who became victim of earthquake and they cant get anything coz only those with links can get those fund. Millions of fund are swindled within government.

YellowFang

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Abortion is worse...

No one knows if the coming child will have a good life or not, so not giving them chance to live is the worst.
And especially for pathetic selfish pleasures, use protection ffs.

Deathwink

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
It is better to abort a child than to make it live a miserable life. Abortion isn't murder, and by giving life to a child you know you can't take care of isn't something one should be proud of. If you lack the responsibility and financial wealth to raise a child, then you should not be a parent and even abort your child if necessary.

Byakuren

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I believe it is, as the child has no memory, no life to be regretted of forfeit. Abortion has always been a better option in my opinion, but alas this is subjective to the readers emotions.

Wizard_Impressive

Regular
Kin
17💸
Kumi
432💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I think it is both the same really.

You are still discarding a life like it is nothing.

But if you meant by abandon to be like giving up a child for adoption, that may be different.
This child has a chance to grow up, to have a better life than the one that was expected.
this right here cos life the OP said kids without parents often turn to a life of crime so abandoning the child is pretty much setting the child up for a crappy crime life anyways