Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Hey guys,

I'm currently looking for a new phone seeing as my old HTC One V is dying. Has anyone any suggestion as which of these phones is better, Iphone 6 or Galaxy S6?

I don't want to hear any fanboy reply's, but the pro's and con's from people that have used/are using one of these phones (Or perhaps both!). I'm not interested in the price difference as both contracts are almost the same, over 2 years there's maybe a $20 difference.

Hope you guys can help me out.

Reactions: Gunjan

Sasuke tyeezy

Veteran
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hey guys,

I'm currently looking for a new phone seeing as my old HTC One V is dying. Has anyone any suggestion as which of these phones is better, Iphone 6 or Galaxy S6?

I don't want to hear any fanboy reply's, but the pro's and con's from people that have used/are using one of these phones (Or perhaps both!). I'm not interested in the price difference as both contracts are almost the same, over 2 years there's maybe a $20 difference.

Hope you guys can help me out.
iPhone sre simpler an easier to get accustomed to.

- sig by Haterftw

BlacLord™

Legendary
Kin
22💸
Kumi
12💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
iPhone 6.

Specific hardware architectural design means potential of components is fully utilised, meaning you're getting every "bang" for your "buck". This is what is lacking with every majority Android, since budget components are clumped together with no specific interactions, meaning the highest Ghz they advertise aren't being used very well, to be inefficient as it were.

On the case front, Samsung has caught up in regards to material quality but I'm still dubious as to whether it lives up to strength design of the iPhone, or whether it cracks up like the S5 and prior.

As for the software, Android is like a never ending beta and never really feels or integrates quite like iOS. Both can have issues but iOS has the advantage since apps run more smoothly on devices since iOS has such a specific set of target devices, unlike the broad range of devices that Android has to try and cover.

Dr Gilgamesh

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Here are some pros to both phones. None of them is objectively better. Which one you should take totally depends on what you value on a phone.

IPhone:
  • consistent throughout the OS, especially in the design department
  • easier to use (at least that's what people say, personally I find Android phones more intuitive with the back button)
  • the apps on the app store definitely work on the iphone since Apple checks every last one of them before they are released (Unlike with Android where an app can happen to be incompatible with your phone)
  • faster updates
Samsung:
  • more customizable (different launchers, can replace pretty much every pre installed app with one you like more, home screen widgets etc.)
  • better camera (apparently, that's important)
  • you don't need itunes to transfer files on it
  • better battery life and quick charging (from what I heard)
Both phones are fast, have a fingerprint scanner and both phones have tons of extras like cases etc.

Here's a video in case you want to know more.
[video=youtube;HSkTuGg7PgQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSkTuGg7PgQ[/video]

snake orochimaru

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
go with the S6 - great build quality, great camera and, of course, Android.

Iphone may be smooth, but it's limited.

I won't begin to talk about customization, because it's overkill.

Both of them have pro and cons, but Samsung has more pros.

Kettei

Legendary
Kin
13💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The 6 isn't as innovative as previous iterations but it's the better of the two. If you think the 6 isn't great, you'd like living with the S6 even less.
Like others have said, the customization is far greater. Plus it's way easier to download music, movies, and show on S6.

Wretched

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Am i the only one here who still has iphone 4 ? since it came out i never really cared about new generations lal
Like others have said, the customization is far greater. Plus it's way easier to download music, movies, and show on S6.
How can it be easier than on an iphone .. It's like one click to download a movie or a song from itunes .

Last edited:

Sheele

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
The 6 isn't as innovative as previous iterations but it's the better of the two. If you think the 6 isn't great, you'd like living with the S6 even less.
That is in all your opinion.

IMO The S6 wins, but i've always been fan of android and tweaking it around :) with iPhone I feel limited to what is on the phone. and for god sake I hate the not having back button.

Kettei

Legendary
Kin
13💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Am i the only one here who still has iphone 4 ? since it came out i never really cared about new generations lal

How can it be easier than on an iphone .. It's like one click to download a movie or a song from itunes .
Exactly lol. With Apple you have to buy everything. But with Android you can download whatever you need for free really.

Widow Maker

Kin
28💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
For programs and such buy samsung

but I simply had to buy Iphone when i learned about Siri

Iphones Siri is almost like artificial intelligence and so damn handy!

SIMPLY FREAKING WORTH every penny

ask siri any damn question and she will answer you in any language, so much fun lol

Wretched

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Exactly lol. With Apple you have to buy everything. But with Android you can download whatever you need for free really.
There are alot of youtube-like apps where you can download music from .. Whatever video you watch can be saved and you can listen/watch it later even if there is no connection...it's better than android really !
Also having to purchase songs isn't bad i get to support the bands i like .. I feel guilty if i listen to free stuff all the time !

SoundBar

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I had an IPhone 5 prior to my current phone. I now have a Galaxy Note 4, and so far I don't really have any complaints.

Note 4: The battery life is really great, and it has a quick charge connector that allows for very fast charging. This phone is highly customizable, one of the main reasons I switched to android, IPhone was becoming too plain, and it makes me feel like a robot. The camera is awesome, and you have a great studio for designing. It has it's own version of Siri, maybe not as great, but you can ask it silly questions and it responds appropriately, still gets the job done (I haven't really tested it against Sir I sense I still have my IPhone 5s). Overall, I like playing with my Note 4 more than I did my iPhone, so I imagine the s6 would be the same, maybe lol

Iphone: I really liked my iPhone as well. It is super easy to navigate with it's more simplistic interface, so if you like simplicity, the iPhone for sure. I think the iPhone may run a little smoother, but I can't really tell the difference. There was nothing wrong with the iPhone, I just found it to be pretty boring.

All in all, they are great phones. This is last gen iPhone so I'm sure the 6 has some cool new features.

Drizzy

Legendary
Kin
4💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Choose an iphone if you don't care much about customization. Choose an android if you like customization. I could never live with an iphone, because it doesn't allow me to do what I want to do. I need a phone that I can flash ROMs (different operating systems) on it, download apps that are not on the playstore (or download paid apps for free), and basically to just change anything I don't like. Android to me just has the best UI. Watch some videos on youtube comparing the two and see which you want, just don't read the comments, most are flooded with fanboy wars and false information.

Reactions: Gunjan