Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Warning, a big thick wall of text incoming.

The point I want to illustrate with this text is that evil can be justified, and therefore, dangerous because people might not know it is evil. But also, what we think is evil, might not even be evil.

1. Anything can be justified

2. Good is a lie

3. Imaginary pain

To illustrate what I call invisible evil, I want to begin with an example of seemingly the definition of evil.

I think, that at least 90 percent of people would say Hitler was evil.

And that people relate this opinion with the fact he mass-murdered a lot of people based on heinous reasons, such as religion or whether or not he deemed a group of people deplorable.

Let's twist that.

You are probably not going to agree, with this logic, but just follow along, I'm trying to illustrate how other people might agree instead.

What if, Hitler had "reasons"?

You must be registered to see images

What I mean is that, if the motivation changes, our perception of whether or not an action is justified changes.

What if today, there was a group of people that were targeted with nothing but hate and discrimination.

Except, those people 90 percent of them were all trouble makers?

We wouldn't feel that sorry for them then would we?

My point is, that if people suddenly hear motivations for a certain action they start to believe the action itself is different, which is wrong and probably dangerous.

But it happens for real. We don't condone murder, but if I murdered people, you would probably think it's ok to put me in the electric chair.

The action remains the same, but we forget that it's murder because of "reasons".

Hence - invisible evil.

It's hard to have multiple thoughts in the head at the same time, we like to distance "good" from bad, ourselves from evil.
We don't really accept that something can be awful yet necessary at the same time.
We declare something either right or wrong. Black or white.
Nothing in between.

I think that at least again 90 percent want to be good people and to do good things.

But are we though?
Can we be good, for real?
Is life itself even good?
Does good exist?

Seems like it's obvious it does and that we are, but I'm gonna illustrate what I mean.

First of all, are we abusing the planet we are living on?
Yes, and it's not very bright.

But how many of us are really climate purists? Are we even capable of completely not abusing our resources?

Second, are we truly kind to others?

When it comes to differences in culture, gender, nationality, politics, etc, throughout history we haven't been very kind.

It's hard to say how we would treat, let's say aliens if they existed cus those interactions aren't really known, but we do have other species on our planet, such as animals.

Do they have the same rights as humans?

If dogs through some evolutionary miracle began to speak, would we have an existential crisis?
Id pigs did not wanna be dinner or tigers would want wanna live in a zoo? Would we be good then?

Now you may say, that none of these things prove we are evil, because you do not agree it is your responsibility to be good based on these qualifications.

But that's also my point.

What do we base "good" on?
Has it ever been rationality or fact?

You might watch a documentary about unfairness in the world and get emotional.

However, you cannot while still being a good person force people to do something about that.

If I want to cure inequality by raising taxes, how many would praise me as a savior?

We are forced to accept that, people do not need to do anything "good" at all. Despite inaction, they might still have other qualities that make them beloved regardless.

We can't live in a utopia, we have to accept evil.

And because we cannot even agree on what good is, otherwise what is the point of politics?
Good is not something that is defined, it is a metaphysical concept, perhaps something we made up to make ourselves feel better.

If I did something I thought was right, would the action even be acknowledged as right? If someone impartial observed me, would they agree with my own experience?

For example, if I wanted to raise taxes for the sake of good, would people tell me I did the right thing?
When not doing anything I see as evil, like for example eating meat, would a vegetarian still see me as innocent?

Does this mean that I'm not even capable of doing good things, and being a good person no matter how hard I try?

In the 30s and 40s, people diagnosed those that considered themselves unfairly treated as "sick". AKA crazy people. That person should instead accept authority have rights you do not.

Today, emotional twitter reactions are way more recognized than those voices would be then.

What is something people can complain about and be taken seriously?
I know - racism.

But is racism a real problem?

Let me explain before you jump on me with pitchforks or call me an idiot.

If I was a scientist and did a study based on race, and I realized there are differences among different races, that we are not currently all the same.

Essentially I would be doing everything right but also I would be a racist.

This is however not what people complain about when they complain about racism, they instead complain about things such as slavery for example.

But, slavery throughout history has not been about just race, has it?

The ugly truth is that you don't need race, for the sake of slavery.

So if slavery is the problem, the root is not racism.

Nazis treated Jewish people as a race, but it's not a race is it?

Communists put LGBTQ people into gulags, again, that wasn't racism.

The root of the problem is therefore not racism despite your emotional reaction to the word.

This is what I call imaginary pain.

And it happens often, people complain about things that other people do not take seriously and when it comes down to facts, usually the people emotional lose.
Imaginary pain.
We get upset and say we are mistreated but are we really attacking the source of the issue?

If we go back to racism, what is the actual root of the problem? Is it culture?

Perhaps it is, but that's another huge problem.

Because since when will rational people allow you to crack down on culture?

If a lot of people have bad behaviours, that becomes a bad culture, perhaps like a messy classroom.

If nobody dares to speak out against that, nothing will ever change.

We might want to, in the present fight nazis and injustice in the world and to be kind to others, but in doing so we create other issues and we never really do any good at all, do we?

For example, open borders, globalism, direct countermeasures to the fascism of the 1900s. the EU was created to prevent wars.

If we acknowledge this as a fact, does that mean that anyone opposing the EU is a nazi?

And would the world today really be pure bad, if there was no UN or EU?

Imaginary pain, we fail to prove our cause.

So in conclusion, what is the point? I don't know, we want to draw conclusions but perhaps there isn't one, it's pure nihilism.

But it might still be an important observation to make, where does the line go?

If we think something is right only because of motivations, will that enable evil to rise simply because the devil will wear Prada and make sense in his arguments before the deportation to gulags?

Should things be put in perspective, meaning when we get angry about police shootings, perhaps, we should see it from the police perspective? Or for those who support the police, the perspective of the ones dying?

Can we still prove our cause? Or is it imaginary pain?

If it's not imaginary pain, but people don't believe you, does that mean evil, is invisible?

Chikombo

Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Also, you don’t know if someone is evil or not.
I might be evil.
And you wouldn’t know, what you can only judge me by are my actions.
But those are never required for someone to be evil.
It’s what you get away with, not what you are.
How hard do you think it would really be for someone like Hitler to exist today?
When it turns out the basis for Hitler’s ideas never even needed genocide to exist?
Evil is invisible.
It should scare you.
It should make you suspicious.
But all your suspicion will ever be is paranoia, making you determined to be insane.
So your struggle is pointless.
A case for nihilism.

Rohan

Supreme
Kin
1,027💸
Kumi
1,522💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
nah he belives in god...
If the devil believed in God, he would be in heaven not hell. :hs:

Demon is correct, the Devil is an Atheist. :sigar:

ESV / 809 helpful votes
And they said, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household.”

ESV / 1,367 helpful votes Helpful Not Helpful
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

Source:

minamoto

Supreme
Kin
25,811💸
Kumi
11,914💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
If the devil believed in God, he would be in heaven not hell. :hs:

Demon is correct, the Devil is an Atheist. :sigar:

ESV / 809 helpful votes
And they said, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household.”

ESV / 1,367 helpful votes Helpful Not Helpful
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

Source:
how come devil exist but not god???... devil knows his existence has no value if he wasn't aware of god's existence..