Ryóma

Legendary
Kin
495💸
Kumi
23,879💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Having arrived at the training grounds, Ryuu started taking out the materials from his backpack which he thought would be needed for this training session. Scrolls, ink and brushes. Looking around, he could not see his teacher yet, so he took out a book and started reading after jumping up into a tree.

You must be registered for see images

Detective L

Legendary
Kin
2,224💸
Kumi
3,141💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
With a quick swoosh, and crack, I appeared before my student. An odd young man, seemingly waiting for me as he already started preparing himself. He had all the necessary equipment, and as such, I could already see he was ready.

"Hello there, you came to learn Ink Ninjutsu? What do you know about it, I see you already have some equipment."

Ryóma

Legendary
Kin
495💸
Kumi
23,879💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Ryuu looked below to see that his teacher had arrived. Jumping down from the tree, he studied the man who had red eyes and long hair that reached to his ankles. As the man spoke to him, Ryuu took out his little notebook from his pocket and started writing down things in it.

Yes, I'm really excited to learn this field, so I already brought some things along. I only know a bit about it though from what I have read in books. Btw, this is my main form of communication, since I can't speak.

Basically, Ink Ninjutsu is a form of fighting in which you create drawings that can be used. It can be animals which are used to fight the enemy, help you with flight, and even for spying purposes. One can also turn their own body into ink when attacked, and then relocate somewhere else.

Ink Ninjutsu does not work without chakra. When drawing, chakra has to be put into it. Also, users can draw really fast. Once the drawing comes to life, it becomes the size it usually would be. Users can also have pre-made drawings in scrolls that they carry around, which would mean they don't have to draw in battle even though it's really fast to anyway.

After writing this, Ryuu walked over to his teacher and handed him the notebook to read.

Detective L

Legendary
Kin
2,224💸
Kumi
3,141💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Seeing the student bring the notebook towards me, I knew something was odd. Shocked to see, it seems this was his way of communication. None the less, I now understood how useful Ink Ninjutsu would be to him.

"Very good, it seems like you are eager to learn this field, so we will get right on it."

I state, as I create a copy of myself, reinforced with some Fuuinjutsu seals to make him more sturdy.

"See this guy? He'll be the one you use the techniques on. I'll explain them to you, then I want you to write me down the advantages and disadvantages of the technique. If that's cool with you, we will proceed."

I state, as I await.

Ryóma

Legendary
Kin
495💸
Kumi
23,879💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Ryuu watched as his teacher made a clone of himself, for which the techniques would be practiced on. He then gave a nod in response to the question, letting Judal know that he was fine with the training style. It seemed easy enough to him, and he had lots of empty pages in his notebook to fill as well...

Detective L

Legendary
Kin
2,224💸
Kumi
3,141💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
"Okay, let's begin."

I say, as I swing my wand creating an illustration before the muted boy.

Type: Supplementary
Range: Short
Chakra Cost: 15
Damage Points: N/A
Description: The user creates a clone made of ink that takes the appearance of the user. This clone can only use Ink Ninjutsu up to A rank.

"Now, with this very first technique you will focus your chakra into the Ink and then create a clone of yourself, that is completely made of Ink. This clone is able to use Ink Ninjutsu up to A rank, making it a great source for other Ink techniques."

The illustration disappears, and I simply await my students performance of the technique. On the other hand, the clone of mine created, dashes towards him, aiming to attack.

Ryóma

Legendary
Kin
495💸
Kumi
23,879💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This was it; Ryuu was going to learn the first technique of the field which had sparked his interest. Walking over to where he had left his materials, Ryuu knelt down next to an empty piece of paper. Dipping his brush into some ink, he then started drawing himself very quickly on the paper, all the while channeling his chakra through the ink. It did not take him very long at all, since he had already practiced drawing for hours and hours before coming to this training session. That, and the fact that he was naturally talented at drawing; a feat required of practitioners for this field.

Once the drawing was complete, a clone looking exactly like Ryuu appeared out of the paper, growing to the size of it's creator. However, Ryuu did not have much time to marvel at his first creation with Ink as his teacher's clone started running over his way to attack him. In response, the clone moved a couple of meters ahead of Ryuu, meeting Judal's clone before it could reach Ryuu.

With both clones were busy, Ryuu started writing down the advantages and disadvantages in that notebook of his.

The advantage of this technique is that it can use Ink Ninjutsu techniques up to A-Rank, even though it itself is only C-Rank. In battle, can the clone and I perform different attacks on the enemy at the same time, or does it have to be separate? If it's the former, that would be another advantage. Another one is that having a clone brings in a lot of versatility. It could even block attacks, like mine is doing at the moment.

As for disadvantages, the only one I can think of is that the clone can only be used in short range. By the way, the time taken for drawing should not be a disadvantage, right? I mean, it's pretty fast.

Also, in battle, when drawing a picture, does one's brush already have brush on it beforehand? Because it would be kind of inconvenient to have to dip it in ink beforehand as that would mean an extra thing has to be taken out...

Picking up a couple of scrolls and putting them in his ninja pouch in case he needed them quickly for further techniques, Ryuu went over to Judal and allowed him to read the contents of his notebook.

Detective L

Legendary
Kin
2,224💸
Kumi
3,141💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
"It happens at the same time, and either way, whether it has Ink on it or not, it'd consume about the same time like a normal technique to be performed in that duration. Nonetheless, great job."

I state, after reading the notebook. An odd method of communication, but he was doing well, so there was no issue. Nonetheless, we would proceed. Another illustration is created.

Type:Supplementary/Offensive
Range: Short-Long
Chakra Cost: 15
Damage Points: 30
Description: The user uses his Ink to draw several animals that can attack, bind, and allow the user to fly. These animals can range from variety but cannot exceed 5 meters in size.
Note: Creates up to 5 animals.

"This one allows for some interpretation, and creativity. You will utilize your Ink Ninjutsu in order to draw several animals, up to 5, that can serve different purposes in battle. Individually, they are weak, but together, they can be useful in different scenarios. Utilize them differently."

I state as I await his performance.

Ryóma

Legendary
Kin
495💸
Kumi
23,879💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Impressive. This technique was pretty fast after all. Taking his book back, Ryuu walked back to his materials after listening to the instructions for the next technique. He decided to start off with something small. Channeling his chakra through the ink on the paper, Ryuu drew a mouse, which emerged from the paper quickly. It scuttled around a bit before sniffing Ryuu, then it decided to jump into his shirt, huddling next to his chest. Well, it could stay there for now. It would come in very handy for spying purposes due to it's small size.

Next, Ryuu drew a tiger with sharp claws and teeth. It became large when it came out, but didn't attack anyone. It just sat there like a good little cat (big cat xD). This one would be good for pinning a target down.

Although Ryuu knew he could draw up to five animals, he decided to have just one more. It was going to be too much otherwise. Channeling his chakra through the ink, Ryuu drew a bird which became bigger as it came out of the paper. It was big enough for him to fit on it's back. Sitting atop it, the bird flew into the sky with Ryuu on its back.

Whilst in the air, Ryuu took out his notebook and started writing in it.

The advantage of this one is that it can create up to 5 animals which is a lot. It's more than the number of clones you can create. They have a wide variety of usages which makes them very reliable over different situations. If they are used in a combination together, they can be pretty strong.

The disadvantage is that the animals are not very strong, so they can be killed easily.

So, can I use all five animals to for example attack the enemy, all in just one technique?

Finishing up his writing, Ryuu landed back on the ground next to his materials. Taking the mouse out of his shirt, he gave it the notebook in its mouth, which it then gave to Judal.

Last edited:

Detective L

Legendary
Kin
2,224💸
Kumi
3,141💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Sorry for the delay, hectic times.

Getting the notebook, I read through it with ease. He understood the techniques quite well, and it seemed like he was going to be able to master this too.

"Good job, and yes. Though, bare in mind, that each Ink creation is quite weak (C rank divided into 5 means each animal is basically less than E rank). However, they can all attack at the same time. Now, for the next one."

Type:Supplementary/Offensive
Range: Short
Chakra Cost: 20
Damage Points: 40
Description: A more powerful version of Ninja Art Beast Imitation, the user uses his Ink to create significantly larger animals. These animals can reach up to 15 meters in size and range in their selection. The user can create up to 3 gigantic animals.

"Now this time, just 3 but they are stronger. These animals can be made to reach 15 meters, in both size and range. Try it out."

I said, as I awaited him once more.

Ryóma

Legendary
Kin
495💸
Kumi
23,879💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
As Judal finished reading, the mouse took the book back and returned it to it's owner. Ryuu listened to his teacher and nodded his head slightly at the information he was provided with.

Dispersing the animals that he had made thus far, Ryuu knelt down next to his ink and paper to perform the next technique. First, he drew a dragon with sharp claws and teeth. As it emerged out of the paper, it became really big, up to about 15 metres in size. It seemed to be taking up too much space near Ryuu, so he shooed it away a little. Next, he drew a snake with stripes on it. That too reached a monstrous size as it emerged from the paper. It started coiling around Ryuu, probably out of affection, but he gently pushed it away, and so it went and sat somewhere away from the dragon. Lastly, Ryuu drew an elephant with tusks, which also reached about 15 metres once it came out of the paper.

Observing all three of his animals with slight interest, Ryuu began writing in his notebook again.

Although these animals are less than the amount of the previous one, they are stronger and larger. They can protect against attacks, and would be especially good for attacks that come from above, due to their height. I created three different animals, but they can be the same as well, just three of them. Again, it's pretty versatile due to the flexibility in what can be drawn. A disadvantage may be that because they are so big, they may obscure the user's vision if not positioned carefully. Also, each one of them is less than B-rank, so they are not very hard to kill. But, they can all attack at once, making it harder for the enemy to defend against.

After writing his, Ryuu then beckoned the snake, which coiled it's body around the book, taking it to Judal.

Detective L

Legendary
Kin
2,224💸
Kumi
3,141💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
With a nod, I accepted what he had written in the notebook. He was quite well versed, for a man of no words. Hm, couldn't imagine going through life with no speaking, at least he could express himself through the Ink.

"Good kid, let's move on."

Type: Supplementary
Range: Short – Mid
Chakra cost: 20
Damage points: N/A
Description: The user will pour Ink onto the ground, and summon several ink snakes to strike from underground and restrain the opponents. Should the opponent prove to be strong enough to break the binds, the snakes can reform around the target, making struggling pointless.

"With this technique, some Ink is poured onto the ground. And from that Ink, several snakes made of Ink are formed which then go underground, and emerge from beneath the opponent with the intention to restrain him. When destroyed, they can be reformed (destroyed by sword cuts, not something that overpowers them). Try it out."

I said, as I pointed to a nearby husk of a tree, that stood there. The snakes could easily use it as a dummy.

Ryóma

Legendary
Kin
495💸
Kumi
23,879💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
As his snake brought his book back for him, Ryuu dispersed these animals too and listened carefully to the instructions for the next technique. This one seemed a bit different to him that the rest, as he didn't have to draw on paper for it.

Grabbing one of his ink containers, Ryuu poured some of it into the ground, which got absorbed. As this happened, he used his chakra to manipulate it into the shape of several snakes, which traveled to a tree about ten metres in front of him. Coming out of the ground, the snakes coiled up around the tree, squeezing it. It would not get damaged though. Looking at his handiwork, Ryuu paused a bit before turning to the next page in his notebook.

One advantage of this technique is that it travels through the ground, so the opponent can't see it unless they have a doujutsu or have sensory abilities. It is good for binding the target so that they can be attacked more easily, or if they have to be caught for interrogation purposes and the like. Also, the snakes can keep reforming around the target if they break free. Just wondering, do I have to keep some form of contact with the ground like with my hands for it to work? Or does it just go by itself once the ink is poured? And with the reforming thing, you said they can't reform if something overpowers them. That means any attacks on it that are above B-rank right? And one more thing, if the opponent uses something to lift themselves into the air, does it follow them up?

A disadvantage is that the opponent can see the ink being poured, so they will know that something is coming. I can't think of anymore for it, since it seems like quite a nice technique. And it's different from the ones I have done so far too.

Walking over to Judal, Ryuu handed his book over to him.

Detective L

Legendary
Kin
2,224💸
Kumi
3,141💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
He always had some questions, which meant he actually took some time to understand what the technique was about, instead of just wanting to learn the next one. Good, I thought. Answering in response to his notebook questions.

"Very good, no contact is needed, firstly. Secondly, yes, and also in terms of strengths and weaknesses of Ink itself. Lastly, no, since they are just snakes, they probably wouldn't be able to reach an airborne target. Other than that, let's move on.."

Type: Offensive/Supplementary/Defense
Range: Short - Long
Chakra Cost: 25
Damage Points: 40
Description: The user will change the shape of a special ink source to create small weapons like daggers, kunais etc, shields, or pillars made of ink by manipulating the users chakra that is already inside the ink source. The items can also be pre-drawn inside a scroll. The method of manipulating and ink source instead of drawing it out inside a scroll based on "( Ninpu: Sumi Nagashi ) – Ninja Art: Ink Flow" where Sai pours the special ink onto the ground to create snakes without drawing them.
Note: Can be used five times and by Ink users.
Note: The user can only manipulate his own special ink.
Note: Courtesy of Mathias

"Created by an Ink Visionary named, Mathias, this technique allows one to change the shape of an Ink source to create small weapons like kunai, pillars, shields and the like. Of course, the source of Ink is manipulated with your chakra, and the items can also be pre-drawn in a scroll for faster usage. Can be used five times, and up to Long range, making it quite useful."

I said, as I waited for him to use it in a unique way.

Ryóma

Legendary
Kin
495💸
Kumi
23,879💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Listening carefully to the answers for his questions, Ryuu found the response to his first question interesting, for it meant that he could start performing another technique as soon as he released the ink into the ground. His teacher seemed quite good and happy to answer his questions. Taking the book back with a slight nod to show he understood, Ryuu walked to his scrolls and ink again. There, he listened to the instructions for the next technique. So, he was going to learn a technique created by a fellow user of Ink. The idea was quite interesting.

Sending his chakra into one of his ink containers, Ryuu then manipulated the ink that came out to be in the shape of a staff. He held it in his hands for a bit, studying it's texture. It seemed quite strong. He then twirled it around his body with one hand, making a whizzing sound as it swept past the wind. This would be good to defend against projectiles with, or even to hit someone. Tucking his left arm around it so that it wouldn't fall, but having his hand free to hold the notebook, he started writing in it again.

I think the person who created this made a wonderful technique. It has so many good things about it. Firstly, it's very versatile; you can possibly make any weapon that comes to mind. Secondly, it can be previously drawn into scrolls, which would make it easier in battle as no drawing would be required. Thirdly, it has a long range. I'm assuming by this, weapons can be made at a long range distance? If that is so, then weapons that materialize away from the user but next to the enemy could potentially immediately kill them. Also, being able to use this technique five times is quite a generous amount for a battle.

For disadvantages, I have two in mind, although I don't know if the first one is correct. Does the ink for this technique also have to be poured into the ground? Or can it just emerge out of the place were the ink is in? If it's the former, the enemy would be able to see the ink being poured, which would be a bit of a disadvantage. The other one is that not just any ink can be used. It has to be the user's own special ink.

Having written this down, Ryuu placed one end of the 1.5 metre staff in front of him at a bit of a distance, whilst he held the other end. He then put pressure on the stick, allowing himself to expertly lift up from the ground and land where the end of the stick was; in front of Judal. He then handed him the notebook again. It seemed that the staff was also good for traveling purposes...

Last edited:

Detective L

Legendary
Kin
2,224💸
Kumi
3,141💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
He was creative, this kid.

"Yes, the weapons can be made in Long range, however, normally things made close to the opponent have to be at least 5 meters away (unwritten rule really, people always tried doing petty things). Also, its not poured, no. It emerges from the source. Nonetheless, it seems you understand the technique quite well."

Type: Defense/Supplementary
Range: Mid-Long
Chakra Cost: 50
Damage Points: N/A
Description: The user creates 5 large tiles of ink that raise out of the scroll elevating the user. Can be used to catch the user while plummeting from the sky.
Note: Must be drawn or pre-drawn inside a scroll.
Note: Can only be used by Ink users.
Note: Courtesy of Mathias

"Another made by Mathias, where one will create 5 large tiles made of Ink, that emerge from a scroll. These can be used to get you to a higher altitude for some Taijutsu maneuvers or perhaps, for some Kenjutsu ones. Perhaps help you dodge a linear technique, or simple help you from a fall. Can be drawn at the time its needed, or pre-drawn inside a scroll. This can be used at any time. Try it out."

I said, as I unleash a blast of Water from beneath the kid, harmlessly hitting him into the air above.

Ryóma

Legendary
Kin
495💸
Kumi
23,879💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Seemed interesting. Although he had to materialize it at least five meters away from an opponent, it was cool that he could actually do that. Taking his notebook back, Ryuu listened to the next technique; another one created by the same man. He must be a cool person, developing these techniques.

After Judal finished explaining, he produced a blast of water underneath Ryuu, making him rise into the air. It surprised him a little, but he knew why this was done. Luckily, Ryuu had a few scrolls on his back. Taking one of them, he drew five square tiles. By this time, the water underneath him had fell and he too was falling out. As the tiles emerged from the scroll, Ryuu manipulated them so that one was right underneath his feet, stopping his fall, whilst the others were placed at different levels in the air up to around a meter above the ground, looking kind of like stairs. Hopping down them, the drenched Ryuu landed back near his teacher, before opening his notebook which was somehow still dry.

Although not as versatile as the previous technique in that it can only create tiles, it is still actually pretty versatile because the tiles can be put in different positions. And although I put them in a stair formation, I'm assuming they can be placed differently, and even be placed in front of me for defending against attacks. I could also have them in a linear line in the sky to accommodate for aerial attacks. There are a lot of possibilities with it.

As for disadvantages, the only thing that I can think of is that it does not harm anyone, but it's defensive capabilities make up for that really well.

He gave the notebook to Judal again to read.

Detective L

Legendary
Kin
2,224💸
Kumi
3,141💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
He reacted as expected, and it just showed that even without having to speak, he was fully here. He was listening intently, and was a pretty good student in general. Reading the notebook, he outlined the right things.

"Good job, now we get the more combination based techniques."

Type: Offensive
Range: Short-Mid
Chakra cost: 30
Damage points: 60
Description: The user uses his Super Beast Imitation picture to create three lions and a hawk. The Lions hit the opponent rapidly and sending them upward, where the Hawk waits and shoots some razor sharp ink feathers at the opponent.

"Using Super Beast Imitation, you will create three lions and hawk, all made from Ink. The lions will burst off and rapidly send the opponent into the air. The Hawk will wait, and fire some of its Ink based feathers at the opponent, creating a combination hit from above and below basically. You are free to do something else in the mean time too."

I state, as I point to a clone of myself in the distance, running for his life.

"Get him."

Ryóma

Legendary
Kin
495💸
Kumi
23,879💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Combination based techniques? Sounded different, yet rather intriguing to Ryuu. He took his book back whilst listening to Judal explain the next technique. Seeing the clone start to run off, Ryuu did not go back to his materials as the clone would be too far by then. Instead, he took one of these scrolls from his back and drew three lions on it and also one hawk, which all traveled to the running clone. Hitting the clone so that it was sent upwards, the lions presented the hawk with a wonderful opportunity to shoot razor sharp ink feathers at it. Proving to be too much damage, the clone would disperse.

Once that was done, he dispersed his ink creations and thought about them for a bit before writing again.

I think this is a pretty nice combo, since it covers both above and below the opponent. It doesn't cover the sides though, but as soon as the drawing is finished, the user is free to perform another attack, whilst the opponent will still be dealing with the lions and hawk. It's overall a straightforward technique.

Disadvantages would be that it's not versatile like some of the other ones, since this one can only create what it is specified to. But, it's fine like that otherwise there would be too many similar techniques, and this one is pretty strong after all. Also, the enemy can see the attacks coming, so just like with another technique, they can destroy the creatures or defend against them. Thus, it would be beneficial to use a technique straight after it.

Ryuu then handed the notebook over again.

Detective L

Legendary
Kin
2,224💸
Kumi
3,141💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This kid was going to be skilled, I could see it already. He handled the new techniques with ease. He might be better than he thinks he is.

"Very good, and you're right. Its limited to a certain scenario."

Type: Offensive
Range: Short - Long
Chakra cost: 30
Damage points: 60
Description: The user will command two ink lions to attack the opponent and whilst flying above them on a ink hawk and then dive down to slash the target with a sword or weapon.

"Similar to the one before, you will draw two Ink lions which will attack the opponent whilst you draw a Hawk, which you ride. The hawk would dive down and give you the perfect opportunity to deliver a sword strike aimed at finishing the opponent off. Quite simple, you know what to do."

A clone attacks once more.

Status
Not open for further replies.