Dragonfly X

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awesome, I have no former experience in this element. I heard lightning takes a long time. Meh, lets go xd

"I sit in a grassy plain anxiously awaiting my senpai"

Inch

Legendary
Kin
155💸
Kumi
12💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
*Emerges from the ground before you.*
Water and Earth are worse.

Now, before we begin, I'll tell you the same thing I intend to tell all of my students.
I shall not tolerate a lacking of effort in training. Be sure to put a fair amount of thought and text into your responses. As I am taking the time and effort to teach you, you shall put forth time and effort to be taught by me. That is all. o_o

And now, without further ado, let's hop into the theory part of it.

I would like you to explain to me everything you know about the following:
  • Ninja
  • Chakra
  • Lightning
Especially the last one.

Dragonfly X

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Gotta get my serious face on huh? Here we go, hopefully by the end, you don't hate me. :)

Ninja - Ninjas are people who fight for their country or village by the use of ninjutsu. They are usually paid for their job. And they have multiple ranks usually describing their skill as they go up in rank. Some ninja's however, only use a certain style of fighting, such as samurai, who mostly use Kenjutsu. They use elemental manipulation and usually have chakra they use to do so.

Chakra - Chakra is the combination of the physical (stamina) and the spirit. As they combine, chakra is formed. Chakra allows you to manipulate the elements how you wish. It also allows you to have stronger attacks and have a certain control over the environment. For each time you manipulate an element, chakra is used. And if you use up all your chakra, you hurt your physical form each time you try and use a technique. Chakra also replenishes.

Lightning - Lightning is one of the basic elemental manipulations. Lightning is weak to wind and strong against earth. Lightning in the sense of the real world is when negative and positive ions or something connect and it forms a channel and the energy travels down that channel is lightning. Lightning in the Narutoverse sense is the control and creation of lightning. Lightning also has an odd thing with water, since water conducts electricity, lightning can be used to power up a water attack. Lightning is one of the fastest elements. Three lightning users are the Third Raikage, Sasuke, and Kakashi. Three lightning jutsu's are Chidori, Kirin, and Chidori Nagashi. Some of the KG that use lightning are Storm Release and Dark Release (Maybe, not sure on that).

Inch

Legendary
Kin
155💸
Kumi
12💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Good. ^^ And yes, in our rp, Dark release utilizes lightning, as it, along with fire, is considered to be a destructive element.

Now, I'd like you to:
  • Tell me how shape manipulation works.
  • Tell me how state manipulation works.
  • Tell me how lightning reacts with the other elements.

Dragonfly X

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Shape Manipulation - Shape manipulation is when you manipulate chakra into a certain shape for techniques. It is a basic ability that most ninja know. Most lightning techniques use shape manipulation. Kirin is one exception, as it sort of guides the lightning rather than shapes it.

State Manipulation - I have no clue, sorry, if you want me to look it up, I will.

Lightning w/ the other elements - Lightning is weak to wind and strong against earth. Water has a weird relationship with lightning because it is a good conductor for lightning. Instead of stopping it, it will conduct it and power up a water technique. With fire, it reacts normally. Lightning also can be combined with other elements and in KG's. Such as Storm Release, Dark Release, etc.

Last edited:

Inch

Legendary
Kin
155💸
Kumi
12💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Alrighty, shape manipulation was pretty good, so nice job on that. As for the other two:

State Manipulation: This is, simply put, the process in which one turns their chakra into an element. Now, in the true naruto-verse, one is only able to create elements that are in line with their chakra's infinity. However, because we do things slightly differently, you'll be able to manipulate your chakra into any element you like, so long as you have the training.

Lightning: Because Lightning is a destructive element, it is difficult for it to 'combine' with other elements, with water being an exception. As you said, because water can conduct electricity, comboing them together can be used to create lethal combinations. One thing to note when doing so, however, is that when used together, water will always determine the range of the combined attack. This is because the water is more or less 'absorbing' the lightning into itself, rather than merging with it as often the case is with other elements. However, should the lightning be of higher rank than the water, it will simply vaporize the water, quite effectively ruining the combo.

As I said earlier, lightning is quite destructive. This means that, if used in conjunction with say, an earth jutsu, the lightning would just tear your earth jutsu apart, rather than work with it, assuming that it's a high enough rank to do so. That said, I recommend you to be careful when using lightning with elements that aren't water, although depending on the situation, it may be doable.

Any questions?

Inch

Legendary
Kin
155💸
Kumi
12💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Alrighty then. Let's get to the jutsu then, I suppose.

Bear this in mind when responding: You are able to create lightning with your chakra by creating extremely high frequency vibrations with it. By doing so, you enable your chakra to have great penetrating capabilities as well as a good speed.

(Raiton No Jutsu) - Lightning Technique
Type: Defence/Attack
Range: Short
Chakra cost: 10
Damage Points: 20
Description: Small static bolts for attack and defense.
Alright, this first one is extremely simple. All you shall do is focus your chakra into an area within a short range of yourself, and manipulate it so that small bolts of electricity are created, electrocuting whatever they touch. Use this jutsu to electrocute my clone.
*Creates a clone.*

Dragonfly X

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I get into close range with your clone. Then I begin focusing my lightning chakra in the area of short range. I make the air start becoming increasingly enveloped. And it starts forming the vibrations. At that point, I control it by forcing the vibrations to manifest into lightning. As this happens, I control it so a small static bolt of electricity zaps your clone right in his chest.

Inch

Legendary
Kin
155💸
Kumi
12💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
More or less. ^^
Next:
(Raiton: Raikou Oonami) - Lightning Release: Lightning Surge
Type: Offensive
Damage points: 20
Description: The user will concentrate their chakra and slam their hand on the ground to release a surge of lightning across the ground to the opponents feet to shock them.
For this one, you'll slam one of your hands on the ground and upon making contact with the ground, simply stream your lightning chakra through the ground and upon having it reach your target, just manipulate it so that it electrocutes them.
*Creates a clone.*

And give me some advantages to this technique that you can think of as well as some disadvantages.

Dragonfly X

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I slam my hand onto the ground, instantly channeling my lightning chakra into the ground surrounding me. As it spreads throughout the ground, I materialize it into lightning that erupts around me. I pretend there is an opponent and have the lightning shoot out around him, harming them.
Advantages, it protects all around and against multiple opponents. If you are being barraged by clones, use this and it takes care of all of them in a quick move.
Disadvantages, the main one is the range, you leave yourself open to a whole host of bad techniques in close range. Also, it prevents you from doing quick jutsu sequences, especially if you have to use hand seals after, you have to slam your hand down, pull it back up, and then do the handseals.

Dragonfly X

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I slam my hand onto the ground and force my lightning chakra in a certain direction, as it reaches where I want it to go, I force it to materialize and shock that general direction's area. As this happens the lightning is erupting from the ground in that area.

Advantages: the opponent will be stunned and possibly paralyzed if they are hit by this

Disadvantages: same

Inch

Legendary
Kin
155💸
Kumi
12💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
There we go. >:3
Alright, these next two are pretty much the same, so we'll just kill two birds with one stone. You're getting them both, but just respond to the first.
(Raiton: Raijingu Sanda) - Lightning Style: Raging Thunder
Type: Attack
Description: The user hits the opponent with an electric field shield that covers the users body.
For this, you'll stream your raiton chakra into the air surrounding all of your body and manipulate it to form an electrical field to protect yourself. This field can also be used to attack people who are within its range. The field will then simply electrocute those who are unlucky enough to touch it. Use it on my clone.
*Creates a clone.*

Advantages and disadvantages.

Last edited:

Dragonfly X

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I decided to create that little format that I'll be using from now on, I like it, simple but not messy.

Use: I begin to force my raiton chakra into the surrounding area close to my body. Then I start to increase the chakra, beginning the creation of the lightning by the extremely fast vibrations. As it continues to speed up, an electrical force field is created that slowly envelops my body. I then run towards the clone and knee him in the stomach, electrocuting him and making him disappear.

Advantages: If your opponent is moving into short range and trys taijutsu, this will hurt them and leave you a chance to retaliate quickly. It also requires no hand seals and can be used relatively quickly

Disadvantages: If your opponent is longer than short range, it is useless. Also, if they use a sword or something, it won't really stop it, if it is a CW.

Inch

Legendary
Kin
155💸
Kumi
12💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Nicely done.

Next:
(Raiton: Sandaa Saaburu) - Lightning Style: Thunder Saber
Type: Attack
Range:Short
Description: Hits opponent with an electric field shield that explodes and can blow back the enemy.
To perform this jutsu, you'll focus your chakra into the air in front of you, and then manipulate your chakra to become a fairly large field of static electricity. This electricity will explode when it touches your target, and blow whatever it is backwards. Use it on my clone.
*Creates a clone.*

Dragonfly X

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Use: I begin by spreading out my chakra into the air surrounding the front side of me. As I manipulate the chakra, I increase the frequency of it, gradually turning it into a field of electricity that is focused towards my front. As your clone comes closer to me, I manipulate the shield to hit him and cause him to explode backwards.

Advantages: No hand seals necessary. Prevents taijutsu attacks. And it can also block explosive tags from getting too close to you.

Disadvantages: Any side attacks will easily penetrate this. If they use a water technique that hits you, you will probably shock yourself. It has to actually hit the target to blow it back.

Inch

Legendary
Kin
155💸
Kumi
12💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Very nicely done!

Next:
(Ration: Ikazuchi Kashou) - Lightning Release: Thunder Burn
Type: Offensive
Damage points: 20
Description: The user fires a wave of lightning bolts at the opponent.
This one is somewhat similar to the first one you learned. Just focus your lightning chakra in front of yourself and then manipulate it so that it forms a wave of lightning bolts which will travel a short range and then dissipates. Use is on my clone.
*Creates a clone.*

Dragonfly X

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Use: I begin by slowly allowing my chakra to drift out in front of me. As the clone is directly in front of me, I quickly imbue my chakra with the properties of lightning and making it vibrate at an intense speed. As that happens, lightning is materialized that shoots in the form of lightning bolts that shocks the clone and knocks him down, making him dissipate.

Advantages: You can direct where the lightning is going. So painful places like the head, neck, chest area. :zonder: Also requires no handseals, making it quick. And just a generally good attack to keep your opponent from getting into close range.

Disadvantages: The main disadvantage is the range, as it doesn't take much to get out of short range.

Inch

Legendary
Kin
155💸
Kumi
12💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Awesome!

Next:
(Raiton: Jibashi) - Lightning Release: Electromagnetic Murder
Type: Offense
Chakra Cost: 15
Damage Points: 30 (+5 if used in conjunction with a water jutsu)
Description: This jutsu allows the user to create a wave of electricity from the user's hands. This jutsu can vary in power from a small surge to shock an opponent to a powerful stream of lightning capable of ripping through solid rock. It is ideal to use in conjunction with a water jutsu.
For this jutsu, you'll need to perform the following hand seals: Boar → Ram → Snake → Horse → Dragon. Whilst performing the hand seals, you'll gather chakra in your hands, and when you're done performing the hand seals, you'll surge the chakra forward and manipulate it to form a destructive wave of electricity which will travel a short range. Note that the lightning created by this jutsu is more destructive than the prior. Use this to create a larger blast of lightning to destroy my clone.
*Creates a clone.*

Advantages and disadvantages please.