Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
you explained the mechanism of the concept. very nice!
i absolutely agree with you.
what does obito want? -world without hatred or sorrow.
how can he achieve it? - by applying moon's eye plan
how can he apply it? - by becoming juubi's jinchuuriki.
+ having kamui gives him an advantage.
its just like you said.
everyone's dream will be connected to obito's kamui.
why?
because whats gonna happen if someone dreams about breaking moon's eye genjutsu or someone dreams about controlling that dream world ?
then
that dream world will become the same as now.
people trying to achieve more power,killing others etc.
in order to prevent that,there must be a controller of the dream world.someone who can manipulate the dream world.
and that is obito.
that's what he wants.

Reactions: projecttsukinome

KayaUzumaki

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Nice theory. For the most part, I think we can all assume that each person would have to have their own reality within the Genjutsu. Otherwise, as you pointed out, there would be a ton of contradictions. I don't think Obito would be able to enjoy the Genjutsu though. I also don't think he would be a very good divine moderator. Not only would he know that his new life is a lie, but he would basically act as a dictator in that world.

His intentions may seem selfless at first since he says that he wants to create a world where no conflict exists. But, he only decided this after Rin was killed by Kakashi. Honestly, I believe he wants this plan to succeed for only selfish reasons. Consequently, he would be unable to fully fall under the Genjutsu. He would be too busy passing from reality to reality in order to maintain his "peace."

The Mooneye's plan is not evil, rather it is unrealistic. The whole Genjutsu itself is a lie and the question is - can people find true happiness in a fake world where everything they ever dreamt exists in that world? Would they even be aware that they're in a fake world? Because even if they don't, they probably will realise their world is an illusion since everything is too perfect.
Not only that but there would also be a sense of unfulfillment. When something isn't true or real then people tend to feel like there is a hole in their heart or soul. There is that distinct sense of not having a certain something...something that is important to who they are. I think we see that in the Road to Ninja movie. You can have everything in the world you want, but if it isn't part of what makes you YOU then a hollowness forms inside.

Reactions: PTran5

paratise

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Great read. Would be cool if the thing planned in manga is this.
İt is basically "heavens for each one, not everyone" thing.
Kinda reminds me of my own beliefs or things i thought possible...So i related to theory in a way

Tartarus

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I think it would've been pretty nifty if somebody from the Alliance was seduced into the idea of this plan and betrayed their allies to convert over. Right now it just seems like Obito and Madara are the only ones supporting it while everybody else that hears about it immediately rejects it O_O

Eh I don't think him not using Kamui is really him saving it up. Kishi's probably just showing off his newborn techniques instead ;P but that doesn't mean Kamui can't be the link to all the imaginary worlds he's trying to create. I guess the real question for me is whether he cares about how people actually live their dreams. Let's say Madara always dreamed of eternal combat in war, would Obito stop him? Or just let him continue his desires? Would he care about the "virtual"
lives?

P.S. your sig of masked obito really does scream "divine moderator" at me for some reason >_> dat mask of power...

Although I also think it's scary because no matter who's in control, they have an eternity to change their mind and make everything hell if they wanted it o_O
I always found that really odd, in a hellish shinobi system, I would expect at least a few traitors who would buy into the idea.

Omega

Legendary
Kin
49💸
Kumi
16💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
What I like is that even if someone disagrees they cant say you didnt make good points. I always wondered how he could make a genjutsu for EVERY SINGLE PERSON cuz it will be a paradox. This was not a path I originally thought of but this is a great idea/theory good job

Zayon Uchiha

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Nice thread man! I thought it was going to be like how it happened in naruto shippuden movie 6 road to ninja. Where obito comes out of no where and puts you in a genjutsu. Then poof your in some alternate world where everyone acts totally different, and history is changed.

Regulus

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I think Project Tsuki no Me only works in theory not execution.

In theory everyone would exist in their own little world we're they are happy and have everything they ever wanted. They are in a gilded cage. They get whatever they want yet there are still trapped. Theoretically if Tsuki no Me went over perfectly there would be no one escaping or realizing they are in a genjutsu, because they would be happy and not question anything.

However, in practice, Tsuki no Me wouldn't work. The genjutsu only affects their minds not their bodies. While they are living their perfect fantasy their bodies in the real world would wither away.

This is comparable to Sword Art Online, if anyone reads/watches it. If not the premise is they are trapped in a VRMMO, Virtual Reality MMO. While they live and exist in the game world their bodies exist outside of the game. They spent two years trapped in the game by the creator. While they were in the game their bodies lost nourishment and had to be hospitalized. The key difference however is in Sword Art Online they knew they were in a game, in Naruto they wouldn't realize they were in a genjutsu.

Another thought comes to my mind also. Would the Bijuu's be affected by Tsuki no Me? If not then it would be impossible to trap Minato, Naruto, or Killer Bee in Tsuki no Me.

Also Obito either controls Tsuki no Me from the outside and denies himself the happiness he was seeking, or his casts it on himself also. if he cast it on himself would that not break the entire jutsu?

synkross

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Nice Thread as always....here is what i think of the Moon's eye plan

1st off, by now it is clear that Obito is sincere to his goal and if he gets to complete the plan then he will make everyone's wishes come true......(i don't really trust Madara on this, he might just make himself king or something lolz)

Now, from Obito's prespective he wants to achieve heaven(Dream world) and take everyone to heaven with him.
a world of winners and all, where everyone will be happy.....
Ok, here naruto and others disagreed with him because they said that it will be a fake happiness and not reality cuz true happiness is meaningful only if achieved in real world.

Now, i don't see this logic(maybe i'm wrong) but..how do you define reality?
as Itachi said,'Reality is only what you believe to be true and real'.....you can also say that it's a feeling.
like if you are in a dream....you feel it as the reality untill you wake up, only then you can differentiate between dream and reality, but what if you never wake up?

yes, then that dream will be your reality....e.g that is what was shown in Matrix, if Anderson never knew about it he would just have been living happily in what he considers reality.

i think you get my point, so how can Naruto and the others say it won't be real if they never know and the jutsu ends only in their death. they would just be living happily without knowing that they are in a dream cuz they'll never wake up.

Now, you may say that this happiness won't be real but happiness is only a feeling and has nothing to do with reality.
if they can get that feeling in the dream world for the rest of their lives then what's the problem??

Well, that is all i have to say.....i'll be glad to hear your thoughts on this.

Oh and i'm just talking about the anime lolz don't flame me by saying that drugs also make you fly but kill you .....i'm just talking about the scenerio in anime :D

Bogard

Supreme
Kin
8💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Maybe the genjutsu is a form of command like KA that involves the fact that everyone's dream become true or something like this. In this case, everyone would probably be in his world where his dreams would come true and in this case, it should be possible. Now knowing the inner workings of the jutsu(tsukuyomi), it shouldn't be the case unless the infinite changes the workings of the jutsu at all. Anyway nice thread as always ;)