In his death, did Madara regret manipulating Obito?

UCHIHAKUNOICHI

Veteran
Kin
324💸
Kumi
201💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
That's a doubt I have: do yoy think he regretted doing all of those evil acts with Obito?
I guess that probably. He was one of the last Uchiha just like Sasuke- someone that Madara seemed to like.
And I also felt that Madara had a somewhat twisted father-son relationship with him.
What do you think?

UCHIHAKUNOICHI

Veteran
Kin
324💸
Kumi
201💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
He doesn't care about Obito at all. In fact at one point he said that he wished he had Sasuke instead of Obito.
I doubt. He had a very similar talk of when he was a kid with Obito( when he talked about decide what to do next).
And also he felt connection with Uchiha Clan. Maybe he felt so much regret that he tried not think about Obito in the end?
Post automatically merged:

Don't think so.
Why?
Its actually bitter the fact that he seemed to care more about Sasuke than Obito.

Chikombo

Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I doubt. He had a very similar talk of when he was a kid with Obito( when he talked about decide what to do next).
And also he felt connection with Uchiha Clan. Maybe he felt so much regret that he tried not think about Obito in the end?

Why?
Its actually bitter the fact that he seemed to care more about Sasuke than Obito.
Cus it doesn't seem like he regrets anything.

At first when he died I thought he even rejected Hashiramas idea, that was kinda sad and badass at the same time, like even in death he is like nope, but I think if I remembered right, that he was a little influenced by Zetsu and that he at death said ok to Hashiramas ideas, but I don't think he was at the point where he felt bad about his actions. It just doesn't seem like him.

Reactions: UCHIHAKUNOICHI

UCHIHAKUNOICHI

Veteran
Kin
324💸
Kumi
201💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Cus it doesn't seem like he regrets anything.

At first when he died I thought he even rejected Hashiramas idea, that was kinda sad and badass at the same time, like even in death he is like nope, but I think if I remembered right, that he was a little influenced by Zetsu and that he at death said ok to Hashiramas ideas, but I don't think he was at the point where he felt bad about his actions. It just doesn't seem like him.
But isn't Obito an Uchiha?
But yeah. Actually Obito was only alive because he joined him. Therefore surviving.
The same could be said when he tried to convince Sasuke.
But do you think he cared more about Sasuke than Obito?
I mean. Obito is his heir, his birthday is the same as Izunas. Why not give him some final words? Like did with Sasuke?

Imp

Regular
Kin
1,692💸
Kumi
35,693💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
In agreeance with others, he didn't seem to care at all. If he did, that would be extremely out of character. Before his death, he just sort of accepted everything that transpired and moved on.​

Reactions: Rohan

HowDidIGetPrem

Elite
Kin
5,803💸
Kumi
1,192💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Mmm, maybe not. His use of Obito was part of a tactic that proved itself inferior to Hashirama's own of cooperation, but it's worth noting that cooperation had only thwarted Madara's plan rather than accomplish peace. At that point in time, Madara was the closest of everyone to achieving peace and I think he recognizes that, so I doubt he'd feel regret in throwing the best shot possible.

Reactions: UCHIHAKUNOICHI

UCHIHAKUNOICHI

Veteran
Kin
324💸
Kumi
201💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
In agreeance with others, he didn't seem to care at all. If he did, that would be extremely out of character. Before his death, he just sort of accepted everything that transpired and moved on.​
Then why he seemed to care more about Sasuke? Like. Giving him some final gentle advice?
Why not give Obito some credit? Lol

Imp

Regular
Kin
1,692💸
Kumi
35,693💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Then why he seemed to care more about Sasuke? Like. Giving him some final gentle advice?

@bold, I don't remember this. As he was about to die, he didn't interact with Sasuke at all. Only Hashirama. Or maybe you mean when he stabbed Sasuke and left him for dead. If so, then yeah, there may have been a tinge of regret and disappointment in his voice just because he wasn't expecting to kill *try* and kill one of his clan mates when he joined the war. He didn't speak to Obito like that because Obito was already part of his team. Perhaps he would have given Obito credit if things went there way, and especially if Obito didn't betray him, lol.​

Chikombo

Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
But isn't Obito an Uchiha?
But yeah. Actually Obito was only alive because he joined him. Therefore surviving.
The same could be said when he tried to convince Sasuke.
But do you think he cared more about Sasuke than Obito?
I mean. Obito is his heir, his birthday is the same as Izunas. Why not give him some final words? Like did with Sasuke?
Maybe that's just cus Sasuke was the same incarnation so he felt a connection there. And maybe he didn't care much about his own clan since they abandonded him, and maybe that's inline with how Hashirama and him focused on the bigger picture, not just rivarly between clans but on villages.

UCHIHAKUNOICHI

Veteran
Kin
324💸
Kumi
201💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Maybe that's just cus Sasuke was the same incarnation so he felt a connection there. And maybe he didn't care much about his own clan since they abandonded him, and maybe that's inline with how Hashirama and him focused on the bigger picture, not just rivarly between clans but on villages.
I dont even think he focused on villages. Konoha brought too much bitterness to him. The same with other ones.
Maybe he wanted to forget all about it.
But still Sasuke was being treated like Izuna (with little brother privileges) while Obito was forgotten in the ground.
Even being an Uchiha. Someone that saw him as his leader.
Maybe Madara didnt like Obito from the very beggining?

@bold, I don't remember this. As he was about to die, he didn't interact with Sasuke at all. Only Hashirama. Or maybe you mean when he stabbed Sasuke and left him for dead. If so, then yeah, there may have been a tinge of regret and disappointment in his voice just because he wasn't expecting to kill *try* and kill one of his clan mates when he joined the war. He didn't speak to Obito like that because Obito was already part of his team. Perhaps he would have given Obito credit if things went there way, and especially if Obito didn't betray him, lol.​
I talk when Kishi showed panels of Sasuke gazing sadly at Madara dying on the ground and while he spoke of being optimistic etc.
And yeah. Why Madara would talk with regret and disappointment with Sasuke while stabbing him. And with Obito with disdain?
Maybe Madara didnt like Obitos face from the beggining?

Last edited:

Imp

Regular
Kin
1,692💸
Kumi
35,693💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I dont even think he focused on villages. Konoha brought too much bitterness to him. The same with other ones.
But still Sasuke was being treated like Izuna (with little brother privileges) while Obito was forgotten in the ground.

I talk when Kishi showed panels of Sasuke gazing sadly at Madara dying on the ground and while he spoke of being optimistic etc.
And yeah. Why Madara would talk with regret and disappointment with Sasuke while stabbing him. And with Obito with disdain?
It's not because he didn't like Obito's face xD. The difference is Obito betrayed Madara and tried to ruin his plan. Whereas Sasuke was already on the other side. And also, because Sasuke had better eyes than Obito, Madara really wanted him on his team, so he was disappointed when he was forced to kill him.​

Chikombo

Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

Maybe he thought Sasuke was more powerful and therefore deserved more respect, Obito was considered a black sheep, he only had powers thanks to Senju dna Madara gave to him and the ms. Maybe Madara needed Obito as a tool for his plan and never had time to consider him as an ally like he did with Sasuke.

Animegoin

Veteran
Kin
4,124💸
Kumi
2,010💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Let’s be clear, Sasuke And Madara hated one another but Sasuke hated Madara a lot more than the reverse. However, Madara was more impartial regarding Sasuke and everyone because he knew that he would win in the end, which he would’ve had Hagoromo and Black Zetsu not intervened.

Furthermore, Sasuke wasn’t looking at Madara’s body with “sad-eyes”, he was merely doing what Hagoromo has instructed him to do. He still wanted to kill Madara just as badly as he wanted to kill Obito. Again, Madara knew he would win against everyone he ever encountered which is why he mocked Sasuke and let him bleed out. He literally told Sasuke that he didn’t have much time left, and Sasuke disregarded that warning.

Madara also only preferred Sasuke over Obito because Sasuke was strategically smarter than Obito despite Madara never having taught Sasuke anything, and because of his visual prowess. Even though Obito had a better MS, Sasuke awakening the Rinnegan piqued Madara’s interest.

UCHIHAKUNOICHI

Veteran
Kin
324💸
Kumi
201💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Maybe he thought Sasuke was more powerful and therefore deserved more respect, Obito was considered a black sheep, he only had powers thanks to Senju dna Madara gave to him and the ms. Maybe Madara needed Obito as a tool for his plan and never had time to consider him as an ally like he did with Sasuke.
Never had time??? Lol
He spent like months with Obito. While with Sasuke minutes XD
But Sasuke almost never scratched Obito in the fight. I dont know how Sasuke was more powerful before Rikudou power up.
Is it safe to say he still had plans for the Uchiha Clan survivors? He seemed really warmed towards Sasuke.

Animegoin

Veteran
Kin
4,124💸
Kumi
2,010💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Never had time??? Lol
He spent like months with Obito. While with Sasuke minutes XD
But Sasuke almost never scratched Obito in the fight. I dont know how Sasuke was more powerful before Rikudou power up.
Is it safe to say he still had plans for the Uchiha Clan survivors? He seemed really warmed towards Sasuke.
Read my comment above.

UCHIHAKUNOICHI

Veteran
Kin
324💸
Kumi
201💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Let’s be clear, Sasuke And Madara hated one another but Sasuke hated Madara a lot more than the reverse. However, Madara was more impartial regarding Sasuke and everyone because he knew that he would win in the end, which he would’ve had Hagoromo and Black Zetsu not intervened.

Furthermore, Sasuke wasn’t looking at Madara’s body with “sad-eyes”, he was merely doing what Hagoromo has instructed him to do. He still wanted to kill Madara just as badly as he wanted to kill Obito. Again, Madara knew he would win against everyone he ever encountered which is why he mocked Sasuke and let him bleed out. He literally told Sasuke that he didn’t have much time left, and Sasuke disregarded that warning.

Madara also only preferred Sasuke over Obito because Sasuke was strategically smarter than Obito despite Madara never having taught Sasuke anything, and because of his visual prowess. Even though Obito had a better MS, Sasuke awakening the Rinnegan piqued Madatalk interest.
So you look with regret and talk "such a pity" to a person you hate? Lol
Madara even laughed to light things up between them.
Also: Madara firmly believed that IT would save the Uchiha. And who was the survivor? Bingo! Sasuke.
Hashirama is backing me up. Its a fact that he had mercy on Sasuke.

And yeah. Sasuke looked with sad and nostalgic eyes when his ancestor died.

Not everything is based on power. There was much feeling involved too.

Reactions: Michelle

Animegoin

Veteran
Kin
4,124💸
Kumi
2,010💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So you look with regret and talk "such a pity" to a person you hate? Lol
Madara even laughed to light things up between them.
Also: Madara firmly believed that IT would save the Uchiha. And who was the survivor? Bingo! Sasuke.
Hashirama is backing me up. Its a fact that he had mercy on Sasuke.

And yeah. Sasuke looked with sad and nostalgic eyes when his ancestor died.

Not everything is based on power. There was much feeling involved too.
Lmfao you’re literally disregarding the fact that Madara was looking for suitable eyes when he tried to persuade Sasuke to join him. By Sasuke dying that was by all means a waste of good eyes. And like I said, Madara didn’t really hate Sasuke, he was more toward impartial to him and everyone else.

Also what are you talking about survivor, that made no sense. You’re making it seem like Madara planned for Sasuke to be a survivor of the Uchiha massacre. Lmfao stop and Obito was still alive at that time too, which really throws a wrench into that logic.

Hashirama merely speculated, nothing on Madara’s part affirms to that suspicion.

Those aren’t sad eyes, they’re literally no different from the eyes he displayed here:
You must be registered for see images

And this was his face on the page right before the one I posted above:
You must be registered for see images
He’s just listening as Hagoromo instructed him to, like I’d said.

And like I said, Sasuke still wanted to kill Madara just as much as he wanted to kill Obito after they’d defeated him. Lol