Tartarus

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
If you could edit or make a "2nd Draft" of Legend of Korra, what would you change/alter to make the story more cohesive?

It's pretty clear Korra wound up being somewhat unfocused as a whole, so it feels almost like an unpolished 1st draft. Here's what I think would have better:

1.) Switch the Book(Arc) Order, specifically I think it should have been: B1-B3-B4-B2
Personally Book 2 felt like it more potential to be the big epic finale than book 4. There was the revival of Vatu, the origin of the Avatar, the Harmonic convergence, the dark spirits, Varick's conspiracy, the civil war between Korra's family, and Unoloq as the dark Avatar. It would make more sense in terms of threat escalation and climax.

2.) Keep Book 1 mostly the same but make Amon's identity less rushed and give Korra some minor trauma of having her bending taken away. Also, trim away any shipping bait time for info on Amon.

-Book "Change" should be combination of some plots from B2 and 3. Have airbenders emerging as a result of the coming harmonic convergence and Zaheer's goal be to open the spirit portals. Mention Amon as the Red Lotus heretic instead of Unaloq. Briefly introduce Unaloq, and Avatar Wan's origin.

-Book Balance should be mostly the same set-up but don't make Kuvira a big bad. I think there should be another villain(possibly a Red Lotus member or even the killer of Mako's parents) who's competing for control of the Earth Kingdom. Kuvira should be a morally-ambiguous Korra in her absence and I should end the season as a Zuko-esque character who has a redemption. Either this or the former season should end with the spirit portal opening.

-Book Spirits should be grand finale where the dark spirits appear and Unoloq is finally revealed to have been the leading red lotus member and guiding the events to revive Vatu and become the dark avatar.

The overarching them should be change that either Korra has caused or change that happening but only Korra has the power to guide where the world will go.
This series had a lot of potential to even rival TLA, it's shame that Nick didn't give it the proper treatment.

BenjerminGaye

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Book 2 was crap tho. Unalaq and vattu can't be the final villains. They're worse than ozai. And while I understand vattu since that's the essence of his spirit. What's unalaq's excuse?

Anyways the only thing I had a gripe with is how hax amon is. And him being a hypocrite.

It would have been better had he actually learned energybending from the lion turtle. Instead he just made blood bending that much more hax.