Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Previous Chapters

Naruto: So how long until we get there Kakashi Sensei?

Kakashi: Naruto we've only been walking for a half an hour, we've still got a long way to go

Naruto: But I'm bored...

Tazuna: Bored is good kid, bored means nobody is trying to kill us yet

Kakashi: Why should anyone be trying to kill you? You're just a simple traveller after all

Tazuna: No reason in particular, bad things happen is all...

Naruto: Well I hope we do get attacked, otherwise this mission is just a brisk walk... practically a D-Rank

Kakashi: The land of Whirlpools is known to be an area with moderate criminal activity Naruto, odds are we're going to have to deal with some two-bit crooks on our mission... having said that, a good ninja is always on his guard

As Kakashi finished his sentence, two figures emerged from a puddle behind them, wrapping Kakashi in a bladed chain which connected the two villains to each other via their gauntlets, they pulled Kakashi apart

Naruto: KAKASHI SENSEI!

The two villains then moved in to attack Naruto in the same manner, as the chain closed in on Naruto, he drew his sword, and stuck it in one of the loops, he moved the sword over his head, and the chain went with it, moving himself to the other side of the chain, he released his sword from the chain, and created 4 shadow clones, two either side of himself. However the two kept charging, Sasuke threw a Shuriken which collided with the chain, and pinned the chain to a tree, and the shuriken was followed up with a kunai knife, which secured the shuriken into the tree, by hitting through the hole in the shuriken, and back into the tree. With the two enemies tethered to the tree, Sasuke landed, between them, one foot on each of the gauntlets, Sasuke let loose with kicks to the Enemy ninja's heads, and the chain from their gauntlets detached, they quickly regained their footing and charged in the direction of Tazuna. Sakura quickly stood between the foes and her employer, with a kunai grasped in her hand she awaited her enemies, terrified. Sasuke quickly appeared in front of her.

Sasuke: I've got you covered Sakura

The two enemies kept charging towards them, then two of Naruto's shadow clones landed on the enemy furthest away, hammering him to the floor, the enemy in the lead turned to see this happen, and as a result moved out of the way from the other two clones closing in to attack in the same way, he slashed at the two clones with his gauntlet and they dispersed

Gozu: Get up Meizu you fool!

The original Naruto attacked Gozu with his tanto, which clashed with Gozu's gauntlet

Naruto: Sasuke get the other freak, Sakura run back to the village with the old man!

Meizu shook off the Naruto clones, and slashed at them with his gauntlet, dispersing them just like his brother had done. Sasuke appeared behind Meizu, and launched a kick to the back of his knee, causing him to fall to his knees, sasuke then launched himself over Meizu's head, and landed both feet on the top of his Gauntlet, which then slammed into the ground, sunk, stuck into the ground unable to be moved. Sasuke then kicked Meizu full force in the face, Meizu tried to grab Sasuke with his free hand, but Sasuke leapt from the gauntlet, into the air and began weaving hand signs, when he was finished he spat out a huge fire ball at the Missing Nin

Sasuke: Fire Style, Fireball Jutsu!!

Unable to remove his arm from the ground, Meizu was his full force by the jutsu, when the flames subsided, Meizu went limp, unconscious. Naruto was still struggling to keep Gozu's gauntlet from slashing him, his sword in a fierce struggle with Gozu's gauntlet.

Naruto: *This guys a lot bigger than me, it's clear he's going to win a competition of strength, so I guess...*

Naruto moved his tanto back and spun to the side, avoiding the first slash from the gauntlet, Naruto swung his sword as Gozu, and Gozu lunged with his Gauntlet. Naruto's sword fell short, and Gozu's gauntlet landed a shallow cut into Naruto's side, the second he felt the warmth of his own blood, Naruto skidded backwards, and as Gozu went to attack again, blood gushed from his chest, in a line up to his left shoulder, and he fell to his knees.

Gozu: What the hell... but.... how

Gozu was now unconscious from the blood loss.

Naruto: I extended my blades cutting range using my chakra... I still suck at it though... cost me way too much chakra.

Sasuke: We should head back to the village Naruto, report Kakashi's death

Kakashi: Now why would you do something like that?

The three pupils turned in amazement to see their sensei, smiling at them without a scratch on him.

Naruto: What the hell, I thought you were dead!

Kakashi: Is that how little you guys think of me...

Sasuke: So you knew they were going to attack, how?

Kakashi: I noticed the puddle... it hasn't rained here in weeks. More importantly, Naruto, you're bleeding.

Naruto: Yeah he nicked me with his gauntlet, it's nothing really, although he totally ruined my new threads, the jerk

Kakashi: They are Gozu and Meizu of the hidden mist ninja, they're missing nin and they use poison in their blades, if we don't get you treated soon, you'll die.

Naruto: Aahh... are you serious!?

Kakashi: Deadly, we'd better head back

Naruto: *If we go back to get me treated, there's no way they'll let us continue with this mission, they'll give us some other bogus task to do* No way, I'm not going back... poison huh? well then

Naruto pulled his tanto from his pack, and thrust the tip into his wound, twisting the blade to remove the poison

Sakura: WHAT ARE YOU, STUPID!? THAT'S NO WAY TO REMOVE POISON!

Kakashi: She's right Naruto... now instead of dying from poison, you're going to die from blood loss

Naruto: Yeah but you can bandage me up now

Kakashi: *He's really determined to not go back, I guess I should look at his wounds*

Kakashi walked over to Naruto, and lifted his shirt to see his wound, which had already clotted and was beginning to scab over, Kakashi still bandaged him up anyway.

Kakashi: *It must be the Nine Tails which is healing him so fast... interesting* Right... Sasuke, why don't you put that chain to good use and tie these two to the tree. I'll send word to the village, and someone will come and arrest them. Mr. Tazuna... we're going to have to have a little talk soon.

Tazuna looked nervous at this.

Kakashi: What do you say we take a rest... I wasn't expecting you to have to fight this quickly into the mission, and a against ninja...

Tazuna: Hey so if you were fine, why didn't you step in sooner

Kakashi: If I had, I would have learned nothing...

Sasuke: What do you mean?

Kakashi: Well I had to know who their target was... was it ninja attacking ninja, or were they after Naruto, as the son of the Hokage... or were they after the bridge builder

Kakashi wove hand signs and bit his thumb, slamming his palm to the ground. A puff of smoke came from the seal and there stood a small dog.

Kakashi: Pakkun, I need you head back to the village and notify someone that we have two missing nin here ready to be taken in

Pakkun: Sure thing Kakashi...

And with that the dog took off running quickly in the villages direction. Team 7 sat down to have lunch and rest after their fight. It wasn't long until someone from the village appeared to collect the criminals

Sasuke: Itachi, they sent you?

Itachi: Yeah, Hmm... Gozu and Meizu huh? They're a long way from home

Sasuke: Wait why did they send you, this is way below your pay grade

Itachi: I guess everyone else was busy, so they sent me... no matter it won't take long

Kakashi: *There's no way that's the case... Itachi, you're checking up on your little brother*

Itachi: How are you guys holding up?

Kakashi: Excellently. They dealt with the Demon Brothers, I merely watched

Itachi: !? Is that true?

Naruto: You bet! A couple of nobodies like this were no big deal!

Tazuna: I've gotta hand it you three... you really impressed me back there

Sakura: Ohh I didn't really do anything, it was all Sasuke and Naruto

Tazuna: Nonsense, you were the first one to jump to my defence, you kept me safe while the others fought

Kakashi: He's right Sakura, you done exactly what you should do in that situation, there was no telling whether more enemies would show up, you had to protect the bridge builder

Itachi: I'm guessing the burnt up one was your opponent... Sasuke?

Sasuke: You got it!

Itachi: Your Jutsu has come a long way... Kakashi could I speak with you a moment?

Kakashi: Of course

Kakashi and Itachi walked away from the group, so they could not hear their conversation

Itachi: These are two Chunin from the blood mist... was their target Naruto?

Kakashi: No... it was the bridge builder they were after

Itachi: In that case this mission isn't a C rank... if they were hired than more ninja will be on their way

Kakashi: I understand Itachi, however you didn't see the boys, their rate of growth is astounding... mere months ago you had to intervene in their fight with Mizuki, and now they managed to stop two Chunin assassin's

Itachi: I noticed that wound on Naruto, I also noticed that you didn't include that in the report you gave to Pakkun... do you really think they can handle this mission Kakashi?

Kakashi: I do... in fact I think we'd be costing them some serious battle experience if we go back now

Itachi: That's what I'm worried about, they shouldn't be entering any serious battles at this stage.

Kakashi: They're 12 years old Itachi, by that age I was already a Jounin, as were you... they can handle this, and they have me to back them up, I won't let anything happen to my comrades

Itachi: Fine... I won't say anything, but Kakashi, my brother's life is in your hands Kakashi... protect him

With that Itachi gathered the bodies of the Demon Brothers, and disappeared

Sasuke: Phew...

Sakura: What's up Sasuke

Sasuke: I'm just relieved... I was sure Itachi was going to make us go back to the village

Kakashi: He was... but I gave him my word that you guys could handle this... don't turn me into a liar

And so they continued on their journey to the land of waves until they had nearly reached their destination

Naruto: Hey Sensei can we break for lunch?

Kakashi: No Naruto... there's no point, we're not far from the shore... after that we take a boat ride to the land of waves, you can eat lunch and rest up on the boat... ALL OF YOU DUCK NOW!

The three you genin dived to the floor, Sakura pulled the bridge builder down with her, and Kakshi ducked under the Huge sword which would have otherwise cleaved through them all. The sword fleww into a tree truck, where it stuck, and an incredibly tall man landed upon the handle.

Zabuza: Very good, now hand over the old man or I'll kill you all!

Naruto: YEAH RIGHT CREEP!

Kakashi: Naruto... stay out of this

Naruto: What?

Kakashi: This guy isn't like the others, he's a Jounin, the same rank as me, he's in a whole other world to the other two. You three stay out of this, fall back into the Manji formation... I'll handle this

Kakashi lifted his headband to reveal his Sharingan eye in his left socket

Zabuza: So it is true, Kakashi the copy ninja... how very interesting... you know you made it into my bingo book back when I was still under the thumb of the Mizukage! We had orders to kill you on sight, no exceptions

Kakashi: And you're Zabuza Momochi, one of the seven legendary swordsmen of the Hidden Mist... I bet the Mizukage is pretty determined to get that blade of yours back!

Zabuza: This here is my sword, I'll be damned if anyone is going to take it back from me... like I said earlier, I'm no longer under the thumb of the Mizukage, so I don't need to follow out my orders about killing you, hand over the old man and I'll let you walk away from this

Kakashi: You're seriously underestimating me Zabuza...

Zabuza disappeared, along with his sword, and reappeared behind Kakashi, swinging the huge blade at him. Kakashi backflipped over the blade, then followed up with a throat slash with his kunai, which landed perfectly, but rather than blood gush from his throat, water gushed, and all of a sudden, Zabuza's whole body turned to water.

Kakashi: Water clone jutsu...

Zabuza: THAT'S RIGHT KAKASHI

Zabuza came at Kakashi from above, cleaving straight through his body, to his surprise, Kakashi also turned to water

Zabuza: Hmmm... you copied my Jutsu that quickly... I see why you've earned that title

Kakashi: You're not so bad yourself... Demon of the hidden mist

Kakashi and Zabuza faced off at eachother, but then Zabuza pointed over to the others, Kakashi looked to see Zabuza had made his way past the genin's manji formation and was about to kill Tazuna. All of a sudden Kakashi from from the ground undereath Zabuza's feet, forcing Zabuza to step back, Kakashi threw a kunai as Zabuza cleaved down onto Kakashi's head. The two both turned to water.

Zabuza: Haha... I see I am going to have to kill if you I want to get to the geriatric over there

Kakashi charged toward Zabuza, and Zabuza charged towards Kakashi, the two clashed at high speeds, Zabuza wielding his sword as thought it were made of paper

Sasuke: I can't believe it... so this is what it's like, two Jounin going head to head like this... amazing

Suddenly Zabuza cleaved at Kakashi, Kakashi dashed into the nearby lake to avoid the attack

Kakashi: This water... it's thick, heavy

Zabuza appeared behind Kakashi, standing on the water he started to weave hand signs

Zabuza: That's right Kakashi, escaping to the water was a big mistake... WATER STYLE, WATER PRISON JUTSU