Pumpkin Ninja

Legendary
Kin
577💸
Kumi
2,186💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yeah, I'm trying to give the new generation a chance, but even the new Pokemon they just revealed are trash, except for maybe that cube that turns into the beetle, that's okay.

I never thought they could f*ck up a dragon like they did when they made the Never Ending story one, it was so bad...

The legendaries are okay but don't feel like Pokemon and good God, that water starter, smh...

You people tell me it's nostalgia, but I don't think that's it. The Pokemon after Generation 4, can't be called Pokemon, except for a really small amount.

I'm sure the game play for the game will be good since always the same formula with improvements, but people say that to defend the series when in reality the Pokemon are everything, which is why they're always making new ones and clearly they can't make them like they used to.

Even the show became trash after the second generation when they toned everything down and made it copy and paste.

People say, well, it's for the new generation of kids to enjoy and I had mine, but they're not even that successful as they used to be.

Pokemon is trash now but I don't want it to be.

I just needed to rant a little bit to get that off my chest.

V h o

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Burn the heretic!
Lol but I'm not too impressed this Gen. This gen may be the nudge I needed to stop buying Pokemon games, little tiresome doing the same thing yet Nintendo still can't have item transfer.... Oh well Pokemon showdown does what I want

DominiqueX

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
It seems that Nintendo is only focusing on children and do not support the "older generations" after they left childhood, like us who are in their twenties now. The games follow the same concept over and over again, new region, new (more and more ugly) pokemons with more and more new systems (like Mega-Evolution) that destroy what Pokemon used to be.

I guess we just have to let go from the franchise and move on. Sure, it does hurt to some degree because of nostalgia, but what else should we do. Many people don't like the changes, many others on the other hand do. I'd prefer the franchise to move into a complete different direction, but that's not how it works.

Pumpkin Ninja

Legendary
Kin
577💸
Kumi
2,186💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It seems that Nintendo is only focusing on children and do not support the "older generations" after they left childhood, like us who are in their twenties now. The games follow the same concept over and over again, new region, new (more and more ugly) pokemons with more and more new systems (like Mega-Evolution) that destroy what Pokemon used to be.

I guess we just have to let go from the franchise and move on. Sure, it does hurt to some degree because of nostalgia, but what else should we do. Many people don't like the changes, many others on the other hand do. I'd prefer the franchise to move into a complete different direction, but that's not how it works.
There will always be those ones who are content with whatever as long as it's under the same name.

I just don't see how kids would even be attracted to the series as we were, at best it's something to watch after school to kill time.

Yami Silver

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

I disagree with your statement partially but I see where you're coming from. Yes, ingame has become a lot easier (EXP Share and easy Lucky Eggs and so many good free Pokemon) but they've made the metagame so much more accessible and fun. In fact, Gen 6 was the first time I actually played competitively on my console because of how accessible it is now (breeding IVs is so much easier). Before Gen 6, I only ever played competitively on Showdown.

Yeah, I'm trying to give the new generation a chance, but even the new Pokemon they just revealed are trash, except for maybe that cube that turns into the beetle, that's okay.

I never thought they could f*ck up a dragon like they did when they made the Never Ending story one, it was so bad...

The legendaries are okay but don't feel like Pokemon and good God, that water starter, smh...

You people tell me it's nostalgia, but I don't think that's it. The Pokemon after Generation 4, can't be called Pokemon, except for a really small amount.

I'm sure the game play for the game will be good since always the same formula with improvements, but people say that to defend the series when in reality the Pokemon are everything, which is why they're always making new ones and clearly they can't make them like they used to.

Even the show became trash after the second generation when they toned everything down and made it copy and paste.

People say, well, it's for the new generation of kids to enjoy and I had mine, but they're not even that successful as they used to be.

Pokemon is trash now but I don't want it to be.

I just needed to rant a little bit to get that off my chest.
I would argue Gen 5 was as good, if not better, than Gen 4. It had the best story and the PWT was on par with the Battle Frontier in my opinion, perhaps even better. I thought Gen 6 was alright. Probably the worst Gen in terms of character creativity and the story was a little weird at times, but the best for competitive battling. However, I did have to make it harder for myself by keeping EXP Share off and ignoring the free Mega Lucario ect.

I do agree that Gen 7 doesn't look that great, but they've only shown the begining steps (Route 1 Pokemon ect). It looks too similar to XY which is a little annoying.

Natsu Shazneel

Banned
Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I am into Pokemon competively and fun. I am waiting for my new 3ds to become a Pokemon master once again. I want to catch every Pokemon. Train them to be beasts.

I will smile when my Pikachu takes out a Dragonite. When my Charizard takes out a Mewtwo.

The Fire kitty will be my companion in the new Gen. With my Hello Kitty I will say Hello Victory! Believe it!

DominiqueX

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I disagree with your statement partially but I see where you're coming from. Yes, ingame has become a lot easier (EXP Share and easy Lucky Eggs and so many good free Pokemon) but they've made the metagame so much more accessible and fun. In fact, Gen 6 was the first time I actually played competitively on my console because of how accessible it is now (breeding IVs is so much easier). Before Gen 6, I only ever played competitively on Showdown.
Yeah, it depends on what you expect from the game. If you focus on PVP, stats and stuff, then the new system will please you more than people like me who look for a heavily story-based game and ignore the competetive part completely.

Jazzy Stardust

Banned
Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
im not really in love with all of the Pokemon either. but there were always designs i thought were ugly since the beginning in every game i played. i also havent played one in like over 10 years, so it all looks super futuristic to me i guess you could say lol like the last one i played was on the GBA SP, its way more advanced looking imo now

not to mention i use to build teams with Pokemon i like design wise and battle wise, so the others are just monsters to slay and upload to the computer, or whatever it is now

Natsu Shazneel

Banned
Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
im not really in love with all of the Pokemon either. but there were always designs i thought were ugly since the beginning in every game i played. i also havent played one in like over 10 years, so it all looks super futuristic to me i guess you could say lol like the last one i played was on the GBA SP, its way more advanced looking imo now

not to mention i use to build teams with Pokemon i like design wise and battle wise, so the others are just monsters to slay and upload to the computer, or whatever it is now
Do you still play? I just made a Fire Starter team on Pokemon Showdown.

Jazzy Stardust

Banned
Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Do you still play? I just made a Fire Starter team on Pokemon Showdown.

Fiddstx said:

Natsu Shazneel

Banned
Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

Hmmm... well sorry to bother you stranger.

Hexuze

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Oh please, Pokemon has always been good. There's always going to pokemon with bad designs every generation... For a majority of the newer pokemon, I like their designs.

Since when did pokemon boil down to designs anyways?

Pumpkin Ninja

Legendary
Kin
577💸
Kumi
2,186💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Oh please, Pokemon has always been good. There's always going to pokemon with bad designs every generation... For a majority of the newer pokemon, I like their designs.

Since when did pokemon boil down to designs anyways?
Well the majority isn't good, imo.

Designs are always important. If we replace them all with teletubbies, you can't say it will be playable.

Yea but you'll still buy it xD darn
Nah, I don't buy Pokemon too often anyways. I bought Diamond and X, and I played the older ones on emulators.

Hexuze

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Well the majority isn't good, imo.

Designs are always important. If we replace them all with teletubbies, you can't say it will be playable.

Nah, I don't buy Pokemon too often anyways. I bought Diamond and X, and I played the older ones on emulators.
So you play pokemon for it's designs? I'm not saying they aren't important but I don't think it's the main factor in playing pkmn.

Callypigia

Veteran
Kin
88💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I remember Pokemon. There was that yellow rat with a lightning tail. Those card games really killed the comic book industry. It's a shame, but the Japanese really know how to market a product.

Fountain

Elite
Kin
13💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
For the sake of socializing and getting alone with everyone, i'm not gonna say anything.

I'm just gonna leave a Like instead and move on.

Last edited: