kiiro

Veteran
Kin
57💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I dont think so, I wont like them be revived or something like Edo Tensei from Naruto.

It is related put hope no one come back from death.

Love Cook

Elite
Kin
707💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well wouldn't say your theory is proven right just yet. The only thing we can say for now is that there is more to the strawhat and maybe hats in general later on.

But I like how you remembered this. and who knows, could still come true.

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
How does this chapter prove anything you said in that thread?

The only thing we got from this chapter, is that presumably (as it hasn't been explicitly stated) that the infamous treasure of Mary Geoise, is an oversized strawhat identical to Luffy's one. How does this connect even remotely to what you said?

Your entire theory is based on one thing: people wear hats. That's it, it doesn't go beyond that. Then you might as well start seeing things in them having facial hair, haircuts, tattoos or wearing flip-flops.

As it stands now at best we can conclude that there is something special about Luffy's hat other than it being an object of symbolism, however that's something completely different than what you're trying to sell, which is full of contradictions and inconsistencies.

Garp didn't wear any hat when he was young. He hasn't worn any either since it was revealed who he is, so the only time he ever wore that dog-hat, was when we didn't know who he was, which most likely was the entire purpose of that hat: making it hard to see any physical resemblance with Luffy. What's more neither Luffy nor Dragon have ever worn that dog-hat. So far we've never seen Dragon wear any hat, unless you want to count his cloak as a hat, while Luffy on the other hand wears a strawhat. A hat neither his father nor grandfather ever wore. What's more Luffy received that hat from Shanks, who is not a D, who himself got it from Roger, who is from a different D-line. Roger's own son then, Ace, didn't wear a strawhat and he only started wearing his own trademark hat when he left for his journey. Before that he wore nothing. And the hat Roger wore when he was older, was a regular pirate hat that had no resemblance to his old strawhat. And this goes on and on.

There is no consistency or logic in anything you said. You just forced a highly subjective interpretation out of something that's nearly complete randomness.

Easyfathom

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Fair one it could be cultural for the Ancient Kingdom. But I’ve yet to see anything support ‘your’ idea as of yet. Plus, it’s Montblanc D. Nolan if you were to say it.... however, I found it funny how the other way round would actually be Nolan D., ‘No land’ as in no land filled with a city of gold haha. Made me chuckle so thanks for the post

... although, if it was their culture to pass down their hats as a sign of respect or anything like that, other than the Montblancs and Shanks (who as far as we know are not D’s) haven’t passed on any hat? So there’s literally nothing in it for you at the moment, bring this back up in another 4 Years ??????

Anduril

Legendary
Kin
42💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
How does this chapter prove anything you said in that thread?

The only thing we got from this chapter, is that presumably (as it hasn't been explicitly stated) that the infamous treasure of Mary Geoise, is an oversized strawhat identical to Luffy's one. How does this connect even remotely to what you said?

Your entire theory is based on one thing: people wear hats. That's it, it doesn't go beyond that. Then you might as well start seeing things in them having facial hair, haircuts, tattoos or wearing flip-flops.

As it stands now at best we can conclude that there is something special about Luffy's hat other than it being an object of symbolism, however that's something completely different than what you're trying to sell, which is full of contradictions and inconsistencies.

Garp didn't wear any hat when he was young. He hasn't worn any either since it was revealed who he is, so the only time he ever wore that dog-hat, was when we didn't know who he was, which most likely was the entire purpose of that hat: making it hard to see any physical resemblance with Luffy. What's more neither Luffy nor Dragon have ever worn that dog-hat. So far we've never seen Dragon wear any hat, unless you want to count his cloak as a hat, while Luffy on the other hand wears a strawhat. A hat neither his father nor grandfather ever wore. What's more Luffy received that hat from Shanks, who is not a D, who himself got it from Roger, who is from a different D-line. Roger's own son then, Ace, didn't wear a strawhat and he only started wearing his own trademark hat when he left for his journey. Before that he wore nothing. And the hat Roger wore when he was older, was a regular pirate hat that had no resemblance to his old strawhat. And this goes on and on.

There is no consistency or logic in anything you said. You just forced a highly subjective interpretation out of something that's nearly complete randomness.

I was merely pointing out that the Old Civilization that was wiped out before the formation of the world Government, the so called "D" People had a tradition of dawning fancy hats. And from the last page of the latest chapter I think I was right. Also I believe the passing down of hats is less about blood line and more the "Will" or "Spirit" of the previous holder of the hat. Shanks passed on his hat to Luffy because he felt Luffy was more worthy of wearing that hat than he was.
It would appear that the king of that civilization also dawned a hat which by some co-incidence is a mugiwara..

P.S - "People wear Hats" LOL How do you think Marines distinguish themselves from other? Marines wear the Coat of arms. So it makes sense that a group of people would distinguis themselves through hats. It's not just "People wear hats" It's the D people wear Hats and Nolan was a part of it.

Last edited:

straightup

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I guess that means buggy is a d, alvida is a d, akainu is a d, big mom is a d, chopper is a d etc you get my point. You gotta understand the difference between causation and corilation. Just because decendents of d wear hats, doesn’t mean that there is any causation. It’s just coincidence.

Easyfathom

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I guess that means buggy is a d, alvida is a d, akainu is a d, big mom is a d, chopper is a d etc you get my point. You gotta understand the difference between causation and corilation. Just because decendents of d wear hats, doesn’t mean that there is any causation. It’s just coincidence.
Buggy is a D. Lol

And also I think the exclusion is pirate hats / marine clothing... you’ve got to admit, it’d Weird how almost every D so far has a unique hat? xD

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I was merely pointing out that the Old Civilization that was wiped out before the formation of the world Government, the so called "D" People had a tradition of dawning fancy hats. And from the last page of the latest chapter I think I was right. Also I believe the passing down of hats is less about blood line and more the "Will" or "Spirit" of the previous holder of the hat. Shanks passed on his hat to Luffy because he felt Luffy was more worthy of wearing that hat than he was.
It would appear that the king of that civilization also dawned a hat which by some co-incidence is a mugiwara..

P.S - "People wear Hats" LOL How do you think Marines distinguish themselves from other? Marines wear the Coat of arms. So it makes sense that a group of people would distinguis themselves through hats. It's not just "People wear hats" It's the D people wear Hats and Nolan was a part of it.
There are a lot of characters who wear weird headgear, many of which are not D's (at least not confirmed ones and it's highly unlikely that all of them would be D's). Likewise there have been confirmed D's who didn't wear any headgear. So essentially you have nothing.

So yeah you are laughing at yourself right now as everything you said revolves around people wearing hats. That's it. You don't go beyond that. You show zero sense of self-criticism and objectivism and you're contradicting yourself multiple times. You use the existence of one hat similar to Luffy's strawhat as an argument to prove that D's have all unique hats without any cohesion. What? You try to prove that the D's have a tradition to pass on hats through different clans, while then using as argument it's not tied by blood, making it so that pretty much anyone could fit that profile. What?

The marines are a hierarchical organization with clearly defined ranks. Most D's don't even know what that D is, let alone that they could distinguish themselves by wearing random hats that are no different from hats worn by non-D's while not even realizing they are trying to distinguish themselves as a group. That doesn't even make any sense.

This currently what you have: some D's, not all, wear hats. Several of which can't even be considered special or odd and they wear them sporadically. In most cases they haven't even shown any particular attachment to their hats. Somehow these are then different from all the other characters who wear hats. There's no connection whatsoever to all these different hats, which is somehow a sign that individual D clans passed down the same hats. One exception: there exists a second strawhat that by all indications underlines a strong, unique connection with Luffy and then say about that one of all hats it's a coincidence?

The credibility of your entire theory, which is a term way to flattery for what you described, is zero. It's pure randomness where you forcibly tried to see a pattern in and now tried to force the latest chapter into it.

Last edited:

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
1,664💸
Kumi
11,569💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
There are a lot of characters who wear weird headgear, many of which are not D's (at least not confirmed ones and it's highly unlikely that all of them would be D's). Likewise there have been confirmed D's who didn't wear any headgear. So essentially you have nothing.

So yeah you are laughing at yourself right now as everything you said revolves around people wearing hats. That's it. You don't go beyond that. You show zero sense of self-criticism and objectivism and you're contradicting yourself multiple times. You use the existence of one hat similar to Luffy's strawhat as an argument to prove that D's have all unique hats without any cohesion. What? You try to prove that the D's have a tradition to pass on hats through different clans, while then using as argument it's not tied by blood, making it so that pretty much anyone could fit that profile. What?

The marines are a hierarchical organization with clearly defined ranks. Most D's don't even know what that D is, let alone that they could distinguish themselves by wearing random hats that are no different from hats worn by non-D's while not even realizing they are trying to distinguish themselves as a group. That doesn't even make any sense.

This currently what you have: some D's, not all, wear hats. Several of which can't even be considered special or odd and they wear them sporadically. In most cases they haven't even shown any particular attachment to their hats. Somehow these are then different from all the other characters who wear hats. There's no connection whatsoever to all these different hats, which is somehow a sign that individual D clans passed down the same hats. One exception: there exists a second strawhat that by all indications underlines a strong, unique connection with Luffy and then say about that one of all hats it's a coincidence?

The credibility of your entire theory, which is a term way to flattery for what you described, is zero. It's pure randomness where you forcibly tried to see a pattern in and now tried to force the latest chapter into it.
chill out

Anduril

Legendary
Kin
42💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So you just picked up all the charachter in one piece with head gear and tossed them into being D or not being D, which is a very weird way of looking at a theory in a rational way.
For example if I say in historic context that only some elite were allowed to have a bath in a previous era, does not mean you go arround in the present time and say whoever baths now is an elite or a descendent of that elite. This is just crazy.

So yeah you are laughing at yourself right now as everything you said revolves around people wearing hats. That's it. You don't go beyond that. You show zero sense of self-criticism and objectivism and you're contradicting yourself multiple times.
Now this is just you judging me.

You use the existence of one hat similar to Luffy's strawhat as an argument to prove that D's have all unique hats without any cohesion. What? You try to prove that the D's have a tradition to pass on hats through different clans, while then using as argument it's not tied by blood, making it so that pretty much anyone could fit that profile. What?
No. I used the existance of a hat similar to Luffy's hat in Maryjoice to prove that I was rightly pointing out that "Hats" had a deeper connection with the lost Civilization than anybody ever thought. And I was Correct.
I am not trying to prove per se that D's have a tradition of passing down hats it's just my theory that passing down hats was a tradition of sorts in the lost civilzation. I will wait further to see if my theory was right.

This was my response to you saying that hats were a normal thing and I was trying to make a forced connection out of them. But Hats do have a connection and the last chapter Highlighted that connection while Flip Flops and Facial hair have not been highlighted.

This is what I have: A connection between the lost civilization and dressing sense which runs deep enough to be kept Isolated in Marijoise.

Your attempts at refuting my theory are pitiful.