Elite
Kin
1,614💸
Kumi
639💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Kirio yawns as she walks towards her new student. "Please tell me the reason you wish to start training wind in the dark. Seems contradictory to be honest." Kirio stops before her student and crosses her arms. "Now tell me all you know of the element of Wind. And please be as descriptive as possible."

Inichi Matsuka

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Inichi quickly bows before contemplating his next words.

"Well, there is less to disrupt us at night, and I prefer it. Plus, I figured a shinobi should learn how to fight in the dark. I hope that isn't a problem." He smiled nervously. Inichi nodded and closed his eyes briefly before taking a deep breath and responding. "Wind (Fūton) is one of the five basic elements. Being a rare and formidable chakra nature, Fūton is very useful for combating Raiton, and may overpower it in most cases due to it being an electrical insulator by nature. Fūton jutsu ranges from powerful gusts that may blow an opponent and/or an attack backward, sharp bullets or blades that may rip through targets with much force, to even being able to be infused with a blade to increase their damage and versatility. Wind is weak to Fire because it simply makes it stronger, and is not an optimal course of action for combating Katon users. However, one that possesses both natures may also use them in conjunction to create Katon jutsu of a much larger and more powerful scale. It may also be used with Water (Suiton) in order to increase its power and scale. Fūton is a component of Ice Release (Hyōton), Dust Release (Jinton), and is also speculated to be a component in Scorch Release (Shakuton)." Inichi took a deep breath after all that. "Is that satisfactory, Kirio-sensei?

Last edited:

Hazure

Elite
Kin
1,614💸
Kumi
639💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Inichi quickly bows before contemplating his next words.

"Well, there is less to disrupt us at night, and I prefer it. Plus, I figured a shinobi should learn how to fight in the dark. I hope that isn't a problem." He smiled nervously. Inichi nodded and closed his eyes briefly before taking a deep breath and responding. "Wind (Fūton) is one of the five basic elements. Being a rare and formidable chakra nature, Fūton is very useful for combating Raiton, and may overpower it in most cases due to it being an electrical insulator by nature. Fūton jutsu ranges from powerful gusts that may blow an opponent and/or an attack backward, sharp bullets or blades that may rip through targets with much force, to even being able to be infused with a blade to increase their damage and versatility. Wind is weak to Fire because it simply makes it stronger, and is not an optimal course of action for combating Katon users. However, one that possesses both natures may also use them in conjunction to create Katon jutsu of a much larger and more powerful scale. It may also be used with Water (Suiton) in order to increase its power and scale. Fūton is a component of Ice Release (Hyōton), Dust Release (Jinton), and is also speculated to be a component in Scorch Release (Shakuton)." Inichi took a deep breath after all that. "Is that satisfactory, Kirio-sensei?
Kirio nods with approval at the response she had been given. Walking over to Inichi, she pats him on the head "Well done, now, what I expect from you with every jutsu I teach you is

3 advantages and 3 disadvantages for the technique,
how you would defend yourself against it,
how you perform it (i'll give a demonstration for you to use as a guide (and absolutely no copy and paste))
and if you have any questions for me then I will do my best to answer them.​

She moved back a little ways "Now are you ready? Do you understand?"

Inichi Matsuka

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Inichi brightened slightly at his sensei's praise. "Thank you sensei." He said, smiling.
After listening to Kirio-sensei, Inichi nodded. "I am ready to begin."

Hazure

Elite
Kin
1,614💸
Kumi
639💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Inichi brightened slightly at his sensei's praise. "Thank you sensei." He said, smiling.
After listening to Kirio-sensei, Inichi nodded. "I am ready to begin."
Kirio takes a breath before she begins her teaching "Okay, this shall be the first technique you will learn."

(Fūton: Fūsajin no Jutsu) - Wind Release: Dust Wind Technique
Type: Defence
Range: Short
Chakra Cost: 10
Damage Points: N/A
Description: The user creates a gust of wind that layers an area in loose sand and dust. Doing so also acts as a sandblaster on the surrounding area. This layer of sand that accumulates on the trees during this technique makes it difficult for others to get a good footing. The initial gust can also temporarily blind opponents by lodging sand in their eyes

"Now I will demonstrate." Kirio gathers her wind chakra within her body. Having an image of the gust of wind already in her mind, she releases the chakra from her body to create the gust. She manipulates the circulating wind through the air and close to the ground, where it then begins to collect of the loose sand and dust from below it. The wind continues to circulate the sand around it, using the air currents to keep the grains afloat.

"Now in basic terms, you gather the chakra and release it, then manipulating the chakra, you collect up the dust and sand that is loose on the top layer of the earth and direct it towards your opponent." Kirio makes a single hand sign and creates several clones that line up. "Now to begin with I want you to try and blind one of my clones, if successful it should disperse."

Inichi Matsuka

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Inichi nods, stepping forward quietly.

Strong points

• - No Handseals
  • - May blind the opponent for a short time
  • - Affects the environment and makes it more difficult for the opponent to traverse
Weak points

• - Isn't guaranteed to blind the opponent
  • - The jutsu is location based, so if you're fighting somewhere without sand and dust, it's virtually useless.
Ways to counter:

I could use a Futon jutsu of my own to blow the sand and dust away and/or back at the opponent.

Inichi closes his eyes, standing in front of a patch of sand and dust between himself and Kirio-sensei's clones.
Concentrating, he builds up and focuses Futon Chakra in and around his body. Visualizing a gust of wind, he stretches his hands outward, releasing the chakra onto the ground before forcing the chakra and dust up at the clones.

Hazure

Elite
Kin
1,614💸
Kumi
639💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Inichi nods, stepping forward quietly.

Strong points

• - No Handseals
  • - May blind the opponent for a short time
  • - Affects the environment and makes it more difficult for the opponent to traverse
Weak points

• - Isn't guaranteed to blind the opponent
  • - The jutsu is location based, so if you're fighting somewhere without sand and dust, it's virtually useless.
Ways to counter:

I could use a Futon jutsu of my own to blow the sand and dust away and/or back at the opponent.

Inichi closes his eyes, standing in front of a patch of sand and dust between himself and Kirio-sensei's clones.
Concentrating, he builds up and focuses Futon Chakra in and around his body. Visualizing a gust of wind, he stretches his hands outward, releasing the chakra onto the ground before forcing the chakra and dust up at the clones.
"We're not trying to force the wind to pick up the dust, it will pick it up in most cases depending on the amount of dust/sand in our location." Kirio watches her students first attempt, impressed that he was able to get the gust of wind out successfully. "You did well, except by directing it onto the ground, you are essentially targeting the ground. So I would like you to try it again and this time, aim for your target and when the wind is heading towards them, manipulate the wind to pick up the dust/sand/dirt whilst it is heading to the target."

I apologise for the LONG delay. Please forgive me

Inichi Matsuka

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Of course I forgive you! Life happens ^_^

Inichi nods, readying himself by concentrating his Futon Chakra in and around his body before stretching his hands outward. He sends his chakra outward, sending it at the clones. As it flies at them, Inichi focuses his chakra on picking up the dust and sand on the ground and moving it around the mass of chakra. As the sand and dust swirls around the gust, Inichi releases his chakra forward at the clones, hitting them with the dust directly.

"Is that satisfactory, sensei?"