Thundergod123

Elite
Kin
9๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
If you guys want to read, then feel free to do it, no one is forcing.

Recently, I have been depressed. The reason might be because of stress and concerns. I feel empty, like there is nothing in life anymore.

Well, my problem is people surrounding me, also parents and grandparents. I study in college, but my grandparents tell me to study in my hometown because the largest and most popular university is located in my city. I can't apply for the university when I am still studying away from home? Anyway, I am 20 years old and now I like to be by myself, because I get the freedom which is important such as getting to know how the real world looks like, thinking about economy, what to buy and to use, cleaning, cooking food for myself when you are alone studying etc. instead of so called dependent on the family.

Yes, I understand that many people say that parents love their children and want them to be happy, but it is the same as doing things what they want, it is like desire.

I don't have anything issues with my family, also parents, grandparents and such, but the problem is that they decide what it is right for me? Yes, I am an asian, and typical stereotype. Adults support themselves, make their own decisions based on information from wide sources, including family, and take responsibility for those decisions. Their best intention in this case seems to be misplaced, and is causing me great psychological harm. I get headache of thinking about them and their words, and sometimes when I am about to cry I also get headache, and kind of breathing difficulty.

I am trying my best not to worry that I am bringing shame on anyone, and don't pay much attention to what other think, its my life and I need to chart my own path. However, it is still hard for me to tell them how hard it is to avoid this problem.

So, now I need your help:

1. How can I overcome this depression?

2. Asian parents are very protective, how can I interact with them to win their hearts?

3. How can I use my freedom wisely?

These are my questions based on what I have written above, and if anyone is interested in answering these questions, please let me know, I will appreciate it.

Last edited:

ThelUchiha

Banned
Regular
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
I don't want to hurt their feelings, so I am still attached to them which makes me depressed. Yes, that is one of the things though. I don't know what to say to them, and that's why I need some advice from you guys.
I decided not to help anyone anymore, cause no one ever helped me.... but this is your choice , so do what you think its the best

chaos control

Veteran
Kin
9๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
3๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
I feel your pain. I have a similar problem mainly with my dad. I am a 21 year old college student, yet my dad obsesses over me as if I'm 2 , and it pisses me off to violent levels. Honestly, the dude (my dad) creeps me out. I feel like he focuses more attention on me than he does on my mom (his wife) or my 18 year old little sister. No father should be this obsessive over his 21 year old son!

Honestly, I feel like my problem and your problem are both like the opposite of Boruto's. Boruto wanted more attention from Naruto, but honestly I wish my father would be more like Naruto (at least a little). If you ask me, Boruto had it good, and so did Sarada even.

Anyway, that is why I am working to make a lot of money so that I can hopefully move decently far away from him soon.

My best advice to you is to keep applying yourself and become successful as soon as possible so that you can hurry up and leave home. I'm not saying that you have to never see your parents again (just as I'm not saying that I never want to see my father again), but I have just got to get out of the nest soon, and from the sounds of it, so do you.

Best regards. Do your best.

Thundergod123

Elite
Kin
9๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
I feel your pain. I have a similar problem mainly with my dad. I am a 21 year old college student, yet my dad obsesses over me as if I'm 2 , and it pisses me off to violent levels. Honestly, the dude (my dad) creeps me out. I feel like he focuses more attention on me than he does on my mom (his wife) or my 18 year old little sister. No father should be this obsessive over his 21 year old son!

Honestly, I feel like my problem and your problem are both like the opposite of Boruto's. Boruto wanted more attention from Naruto, but honestly I wish my father would be more like Naruto (at least a little). If you ask me, Boruto had it good, and so did Sarada even.

Anyway, that is why I am working to make a lot of money so that I can hopefully move decently far away from him soon.

My best advice to you is to keep applying yourself and become successful as soon as possible so that you can hurry up and leave home. I'm not saying that you have to never see your parents again (just as I'm not saying that I never want to see my father again), but I have just got to get out of the nest soon, and from the sounds of it, so do you.

Best regards. Do your best.
My problem is that I keep thinking about how to handle my family and how to make them agree with me instead of keeping it for my whole life, if you know what I mean.

I can feel yours as well, good luck to you!

davidou

Veteran
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
If you guys want to read, then feel free to do it, no one is forcing.

Recently, I have been depressed. The reason might be because of stress and concerns. I feel empty, like there is nothing in life anymore.

Well, my problem is people surrounding me, also parents and grandparents. I study in college, but my grandparents tell me to study in my hometown because the largest and most popular university is located in my city. I can't apply for the university when I am still studying away from home? Anyway, I am 20 years old and now I like to be by myself, because I get the freedom which is important such as getting to know how the real world looks like, thinking about economy, what to buy and to use, cleaning, cooking food for myself when you are alone studying etc. instead of so called dependent on the family.

Yes, I understand that many people say that parents love their children and want them to be happy, but it is the same as doing things what they want, it is like desire.

I don't have anything issues with my family, also parents, grandparents and such, but the problem is that they decide what it is right for me? Yes, I am an asian, and typical stereotype. Adults support themselves, make their own decisions based on information from wide sources, including family, and take responsibility for those decisions. Their best intention in this case seems to be misplaced, and is causing me great psychological harm. I get headache of thinking about them and their words, and sometimes when I am about to cry I also get headache, and kind of breathing difficulty.

I am trying my best not to worry that I am bringing shame on anyone, and don't pay much attention to what other think, its my life and I need to chart my own path. However, it is still hard for me to tell them how hard it is to avoid this problem.

So, now I need your help:

1. How can I overcome this depression?

2. Asian parents are very protective, how can I interact with them to win their hearts?

3. How can I use my freedom wisely?

These are my questions based on what I have written above, and if anyone is interested in answering these questions, please let me know, I will appreciate it.
Find what you love to do and do that as a job, have fun and never give up, that's what life is all about, and people only remember that fact when they are too old to do so.

Last edited:

Thundergod123

Elite
Kin
9๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Why dont you just go talk to your parents about this instead of talking here? Say whats bothering you and thats it...
The reason why I am talking here is because Naruto anime is about life, and I guess a lot of people here have experienced something similar to this before. Only talking to parents won't help much though. But thanks for sharing.