[Technical Issue] I lost more than 1k rep points twice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minator93

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I don't know how is this possible? I was 21422 during yesterday and now it's 20472? [I got a rep of 50 meaning I was at 20422] And this is not the first time it's happened. When I was somewhere around 20k points it had reduced to 19k.

My rep giving power went from 31 to 30 this time and from 30 to 29 last time.

I don't usually get any infractions. I got 1 after two months or so last week but I don't think that has to do with this.

So what's the deal here? Is this a technical issue or have the mods been chopping off my rep points [I dunno if it's possible]

Edit: I think I understand now, Ira said it's only possible if one of the following happens,

1. A member gets too many neg reps.

2. An admin personally reduces the points.

Mine is the second case and I think I understand why an admin would do that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ryu Kishi

The Necromancer

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The only possible way that would happen is if the Mods believed you were abusing the rep system and penalized you for it. I doubt a technical issue would cut exactly 1000 points for no reason twice.

Reactions: BLAZE

Minator93

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Man, there's a propaganda going up against you...
I duuno man.

I have heard of posters rep getting reset to zero by the mods. But I don't know if that applies to your case.
This isn't my case, I know of it.

The only possible way that would happen is if the Mods believed you were abusing the rep system and penalized you for it. I doubt a technical issue would cut exactly 1000 points for no reason twice.
Well Ira just told me that only an Admin could do it manually? I dunno any admins or have contacted any of them.

Maybe mods finally got tired of your threads against sasuke
Are you for real?

The Necromancer

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I think I understand why I got penalized, I'll ask and see if it's for the same reason or for a different one.
As a man who negs almost as much as he reps, I can safely tell you that they will not infract you unless it is a true violation of the reputation system, namely rep abuse.

The only real violations are repeated negging or repping for no other reason than personal bias, or boosting your own points with alts.

Minator93

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
As a man who negs almost as much as he reps, I can safely tell you that they will not infract you unless it is a true violation of the reputation system, namely rep abuse.

The only real violations are repeated negging or repping for no other reason than personal bias, or boosting your own points with alts.
Well I didn't constantly neg or boosted my own points but I might have helped a friend to get more points. Let's see how it is.

Zise

Veteran
Kin
515💸
Kumi
9,747💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I don't know how is this possible? I was 21422 during yesterday and now it's 20472? [I got a rep of 50 meaning I was at 20422] And this is not the first time it's happened. When I was somewhere around 20k points it had reduced to 19k.

My rep giving power went from 31 to 30 this time and from 30 to 29 last time.

I don't usually get any infractions. I got 1 after two months or so last week but I don't think that has to do with this.

So what's the deal here? Is this a technical issue or have the mods been chopping off my rep points [I dunno if it's possible]

Edit: I think I understand now, Ira said it's only possible if one of the following happens,

1. A member gets too many neg reps.

2. An admin personally reduces the points.

Mine is the second case and I think I understand why an admin would do that.
Nobody have touched your rep. The only explanation would be a recount in the database to correct errors or possibly you that have misread your reputation score.

Minator93

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Nobody have touched your rep. The only explanation would be a recount in the database to correct errors or possibly you that have misread your reputation score.
Oh I see. Well I didn't misread the score for sure, then it has to be the other thing you said the "recount in the database to correct errors." I don't understand the stuff but still it's good to know that it wasn't a penalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.