I just watched the new Boruto movie and...

Flawž

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I mean I wouldn't say dead beat he's the hokage, but kinda a shit dad
I would never expect Naruto of all people to act that way towards his son. You'd think he'd be a great father with the way his childhood went. :lol It's obvious Kishi isn't writing this series.

LBeezy

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I would never expect Naruto of all people to act that way towards his son. You'd think he'd be a great father with the way his childhood went. :lol It's obvious Kishi isn't writing this series.
I agree man.. It's so dissapointing that they would sacrifice Naruto as a character just to give Boruto some character development..

You would honestly expect Naruto, (based on what he went through growing up) to be an awesome Dad and always be there and put his kids first..

Reactions: Flawž

Dizzldot

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I agree completely, sometimes getting what you've always dreamed of makes you forget your past but then again Naruto has never done that before they F'd it up just to have drama for Boruto because there was no better way to make him go thru some change I guess

SESH

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It's not that it's because boruto doesn't understand. Naruto is hokage so hes gonna be busy. Even naruto would had understood if his dad was hokage. he could not attend to him. Boruto is just a brat heck even himawari gets it.

Flawž

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Still haven't watched it yet.
You're not missing much tbh.

I agree man.. It's so dissapointing that they would sacrifice Naruto as a character just to give Boruto some character development..

You would honestly expect Naruto, (based on what he went through growing up) to be an awesome Dad and always be there and put his kids first..
Totally agree there. They took a fresh dump on his character in favor of another. Lazy writing.

Reactions: LBeezy

lndra

Supreme
Kin
15💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I don't think he was that bad, but yeah, he was a pretty shit father.

But it kind of makes sense considering he never had a father to begin with, and that he wanted to be Hokage for so long, he neglected those around him to follow suit for his own agenda.

Still I feel the same way about this topic as I did after finishing the Movie. I felt that their relationship was touching in certain aspects, although I enjoyed Sasuke's relationship with Boruto more (in contrast to Naruto and Sarada in the Gaiden rather than Sasuke and Sarada) -- But I felt as this 'conflict' was rather forced on Kishimoto's part.

Flawž

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I don't think he was that bad, but yeah, he was a pretty shit father.

But it kind of makes sense considering he never had a father to begin with, and that he wanted to be Hokage for so long, he neglected those around him to follow suit for his own agenda.

Still I feel the same way about this topic as I did after finishing the Movie. I felt that their relationship was touching in certain aspects, although I enjoyed Sasuke's relationship with Boruto more (in contrast to Naruto and Sarada in the Gaiden rather than Sasuke and Sarada) -- But I felt as this 'conflict' was rather forced on Kishimoto's part.
Indeed. It felt way too forced. And the fact that Sasuke has a better relationship with Boruto than Naruto is just really sad to see. They need to do a better job with developing characters without shitting on others.

It's not that it's because boruto doesn't understand. Naruto is hokage so hes gonna be busy. Even naruto would had understood if his dad was hokage. he could not attend to him. Boruto is just a brat heck even himawari gets it.
I agree that he's hokage and he'll be quite busy, but Naruto is taking it way too far here. In the movie, he misses his daughters birthday and keeps neglecting them time after time. He is busy, but i feel he's taking it way too far.

I agree completely, sometimes getting what you've always dreamed of makes you forget your past but then again Naruto has never done that before they F'd it up just to have drama for Boruto because there was no better way to make him go thru some change I guess
Indeed. Naruto has handled way more trying times, and still kept to his principals.

Six Paths

Legendary
Kin
121💸
Kumi
4,249💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It was not bad, certainly brought up a lot of previous emotions. Naruto became weaker, but Naruto and Sasuke teaming back up, like against Madara, gave me a lot of nostalgic feelings. As did the memories of Naruto as the Rasengan was created.

Illuminater

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I disagree. Naruto has his priority of being a Hokage to put first. He can always see his kids later. Plus they actually have a parent in their life most of the day and that's Hinata. It's not like Naruto is completely neglecting them.

To Whatever

Legendary
Kin
93💸
Kumi
66💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Op expects an orphan to be a good father:

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Hinata raisin them kids.

Last edited:
Reactions: MacNeato

Vulpini

Elite
Kin
325💸
Kumi
1,092💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I disagree. Naruto has his priority of being a Hokage to put first. He can always see his kids later. Plus they actually have a parent in their life most of the day and that's Hinata. It's not like Naruto is completely neglecting them.
Hinata didn't raise them good. One of them is a bratty cheater and the other one almost murdered their father because of a toy.

Melanin

Legendary
Kin
913💸
Kumi
540💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Hinata didn't raise them good. One of them is a bratty cheater and the other one almost murdered their father because of a toy.
Lol

OT: Naruto was in the village as his family yet he chose to spend his days & nights in the office down the street rather then with them, at least Sasuke was in a diffrent dimension.

We can reverse that argument in Sasukes case as well, protecting the world took precedence in his life.

Last edited: