[Spoilers] I am reminded why I love Naruto.

Cfighter

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The first chapter for the Boruto manga is out, as some may already know. And I have to say the first page alone reminded me why I loved Naruto in the first place.

The manga really lost it's stride for me during the war arc. In fact, I'd say around the beginning of the war arc I lost all emotional interest in what was happening and really only continued reading because I felt obligated to see the manga to it's end after investing so many years into it.

But the first page alone of the new Boruto manga reminded me of why I fell in love with this manga in the first place.

You must be registered for see images

In this one page - three panels - we get a glimpse into the future. I highly doubt this is the climax of the manga, as who knows how long it will go on for. But this is definitely the climax of a major story arc coming soon. The Hokage monuments in ruins, and two shinobi fighting it out. We see Bortuto and a new face in the aftermath of battle and already Im getting a Valley of the End vibe from the end of Part 1 in the Naruto manga - two shinobi who presumably have some sort of connection duking it out.

We visually see the teachings that Sasuke has passed down to Boruto, as he is using a sword. His opponent, revealing that Naruto is (presumably) dead. The two also have strange marking on their arms, my guess hinting at another form of curse mark.

And in the next two pages we pull back further to reveal the Leaf Village is once again absolutely destroyed. And moving beyond that, Boruto places his headband on (which symbolically represents many other great things), hones his inner Kakashi and reveals a Byakugan.

These intro pages reveal so much information visually and establishes such a strong connection to the world and to the characters right out of the gate. I really didn't have high hopes for this manga as again, my interest died during the climax of the last. But this manga is going a step in a new direction I think. What made the first Naruto manga so great was it's focus on character storylines and character developments, and thats something that was lost towards the end of the Naruto manga. Im hoping this manga regains that original spark of great character motives and stories.

The rest of the chapters was ok. Its clear the next few chapters are just retelling the Boruto movie, which I have mixed feelings about. On the one hand, I think it's just buying time for the manga to get going and a little unnecessary. But on the other hand, I understand not everyone will be expected to watch the movie first to understand the character motives (as I just mentioned I wanted) for Naruto, Sasuke, and Boruto. So retelling the movie will help jumpstart that.

ItachiDaSoloKing

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Boruto Honed his inner Kakashi lmao yeah it was an interesting chapter, honestly could care less if Naruto is alive or not. I just cant wait to see how the new gen compares to previous Gen, I have a feeling it's gonna turn into DBZ real quick cant wait to see what path boruto and the others choose.

Cfighter

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Boruto Honed his inner Kakashi lmao yeah it was an interesting chapter, honestly could care less if Naruto is alive or not. I just cant wait to see how the new gen compares to previous Gen, I have a feeling it's gonna turn into DBZ real quick cant wait to see what path boruto and the others choose.
Yeah, the marks on their arms do worry me as it could be another "chosen one/reincarnation" scenario.

Its boruto's dream
I'd quit.