Yubel

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hisoka killed Gotoh not long ago in the series so once Killua finds out he'll have beef with Hisoka and that will lead to his final fight with Gon.

Chrollo however already served his purpose, he could've been killed by Kurapika in Yorknew, he has already been beaten essentially, he is only there to develop Hisoka's character futher because Hisoka wanted this fight since the beginning of the series.

Think of it like Sasuke vs Itachi, would it have been a good idea to kill off Sasuke when he's about to reach his goal?

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Just to clear things up Hisoka hit him with another head that he contracted with his left leg.
If you look at the impact, the object, most likely a head appears to have bounced off Chrollo's face.

A leg wouldn't do that.
I thought so at first too but it's not. You can see that head is still connected to his hand, follow the thread from the head it goes to his left hand. His left leg also has a line going right to Chrollo's ribs under his right arm. It was a kick.

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It's the other way around, Chrollo is still relevant to the story and Hisoka isn't any longer. All Hisoka wants to do is fight Adult Gon ( besides fighting Chrollo which he is doing now). Is there anyone that doubts that Adult Gon will destroy Hisoka after seeing what he did to Pitou? No, and to me Togashi doesn't come off as a writer that would give Gon such a typical shounen end fight.

Chrollo on the other hand is still relevant to Kurapika's storyline and the gathering that is happening in his hometown Meteor city. There is more to the Kurta massacre and Chrollo'a character. Togashi said in interviews that there is a reason why Chrollo is who he is and that he will get to it in later arcs. The note they left after they killed the Kurta backs that up ( "we reject nothing so don't take anything from us")
Jairo and the other ants are gathering in Meteor city, the story has been coming back to that place and it looks like that there will be an arc there. Chrollo and the troupe are like the godfathers of the city, I doubt he will be killed off before the venture in his hometown.

And that's why I think that story wise Hisoka is the character to die but will Togashi have the balls to kill an absolute fan favourite.
He's not relevant for Kurapika anymore, he's gotten rid of the eyes and gave Kurapika information at York New. Kurapika is onto retrieving his eyes which means there's nothing left from Chrollo for him unless he knows where every eye is. There's nothing more to the Kurta massacre everything we needed we got when we got that backstory of Kurapika leaving and his friend whose head the prince had.

Chrollo's seemingly broken up most of the original troupe so whose to say he'll still be the leader when we get back to Meteor City? He said himself he's not important the group is and to continue on after he dies.

Every main character needs their main foil, it's unavoidable.

Yubel

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I thought so at first too but it's not. You can see that head is still connected to his hand, follow the thread from the head it goes to his left hand. His left leg also has a line going right to Chrollo's ribs under his right arm. It was a kick.
His left hand is connected to the first head that missed Chrollo.
If you look at the trajectory, whatever hit Chrollo is flying upwards, we see his leg is connected to that thing.

Also he didn't hit his right arm or under it. Looking at the previous panel that's where Chrollo's head was.

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
His left hand is connected to the first head that missed Chrollo.
If you look at the trajectory, whatever hit Chrollo is flying upwards, we see his leg is connected to that thing.

Also he didn't hit his right arm or under it. Looking at the previous panel that's where Chrollo's head was.
You're right, if you look at the top of the page you can see the head bouncing away. Every time I look at that page I see something new, it's like a Rorschach test.

Status
Not open for further replies.