Ryu-kun

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
...was just wondering how do' people "easily" aced their subjects.Im not a student anymore though(graduated 3 years ago) But I'm going to retake Mathematics..Im suck at maths,Ive retook it 3 times already and failed miserably(mostly U or E <.<)even though i paid for tuition class each times..I need it to further my study for HND/degree programme in Brisbane(hopefully)...Exam commence on June.I hate working at young age and seriously I miss studying with friends T_T..
Any 'personal' suggestion?(No google please)

Ninken

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
...was just wondering how do' people "easily" aced their subjects.Im not a student anymore though(graduated 3 years ago) But I'm going to retake Mathematics..Im suck at maths,Ive retook it 3 times already and failed miserably(mostly U or E <.<)even though i paid for tuition class each times..I need it to further my study for HND/degree programme in Brisbane(hopefully)...Exam commence on June.I hate working at young age and seriously I miss studying with friends T_T..
I study like 1 hour before a exam and its enough for me
iif its maths the best way to improve is to practice more ;)

Ninken

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
practice..Ive been told so many times.Stuff that i dont care for but then again hopefully i can change that.
Lol study 1 hour before exam?
uh uh,im really lazy ass so the only 'practice' that I do is in class =P
Yeh...If I study in my room and its quite, 1 hour is just enough,of course if I dont have to study more then 4 units

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well this may sound a bit weird as it's not really a hint on studying. But when you study something like math or physics you always fall back on the same basic formula's. When you're making an exercice and you don't know how to do it, try to see from which part of your notitions it came. That way you can see which formula's you will have to use.
Even if still don't see how that formula helps there, just try it. It helped me a lot of times with math. I could solve exercices without even understanding them xd

Though there's one catch: it only works with subjects that have "bounderies" and only a limited amount of formula's. If it's an exercice with aspects of multiple different math-things, it will not really work.

Ryu-kun

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I don't think 1 hour is enough for me.Yeah i too am a lazyass/easily distracted xD but im pretty much determined now(about time lol,20% rubbish xD)
Everyone has a different style on studying skills (whether its effective or not)
Lazyness kills your future :p

Zise

Veteran
Kin
515💸
Kumi
9,747💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Pay attention during the classes was enough for me in all subjects, I would never really bother to study. But then I guess its a matter of how intrested you are in the subject and a combination of how fast learner you are. If you just dont learn enough during lessons / classes you obviously need to just read it more til you understand how the methods work, goes for any type of subjects, then on the other side if you never really understand it maybe your just not smart enough xP and should reroll to something more practical and less theoritical.

Ninken

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I don't think 1 hour is enough for me.Yeah i too am a lazyass/easily distracted xD but im pretty much determined now(about time lol,20% rubbish xD)
Everyone has a different style on studying skills (whether its effective or not)
Lazyness kills your future :p
Yeh,it different for everybody and the way you memorize things. Theres some tricks you can use, but if you need it just for that exam, read the stuff some more and memorize it. Though you might not remember them in like 2 months,you will pass

Ryu-kun

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well this may sound a bit weird as it's not really a hint on studying. But when you study something like math or physics you always fall back on the same basic formula's. When you're making an exercice and you don't know how to do it, try to see from which part of your notitions it came. That way you can see which formula's you will have to use.
Even if still don't see how that formula helps there, just try it. It helped me a lot of times with math. I could solve exercices without even understanding them xd

Though there's one catch: it only works with subjects that have "bounderies" and only a limited amount of formula's. If it's an exercice with aspects of multiple different math-things, it will not really work.
been there,done that...most of the time xD

Michelle

Legendary
Kin
9,030💸
Kumi
3,787💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
math means a lot of practice and various ways to make sure of the result...
why practice? to not write other number than you want (easy mistake are to forget a number, a sign, or an inversion), to not change the mathematical meaning of an exercise, to not forget the theory, all this and many other can happen in the exam's time.
why to be sure of the result? because you need a good mark ;)
it also means love for it, if you don't enjoy to resolve a math exercise you can't gain enough in practice, because you need more than 2 hours daily to work on it :p
math is poetry, search math amusament stuff, and some history about it, just google it, it will change your POV about math...

good luck :)

Ryu-kun

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Pay attention during the classes was enough for me in all subjects, I would never really bother to study. But then I guess its a matter of how intrested you are in the subject and a combination of how fast learner you are. If you just dont learn enough during lessons / classes you obviously need to just read it more til you understand how the methods work, goes for any type of subjects, then on the other side if you never really understand it maybe your just not smart enough xP and should reroll to something more practical and less theoritical.
yeah i did 'watch and learn',in fact,the most concentration i put through is maths class,ugh maths just...sucks thats all xD I passed(no ace tho,except art :p) other subjects except maths :s

Ryu-kun

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
math means a lot of practice and various ways to make sure of the result...
why practice? to not write other number than you want (easy mistake are to forget a number, a sign, or an inversion), to not change the mathematical meaning of an exercise, to not forget the theory, all this and many other can happen in the exam's time.
why to be sure of the result? because you need a good mark ;)
it also means love for it, if you don't enjoy to resolve a math exercise you can't gain enough in practice, because you need more than 2 hours daily to work on it :p
math is poetry, search math amusament stuff, and some history about it, just google it, it will change your POV about math...

good luck :)
i dont hate maths,well,not until i failed a few times and cant get into universities >.>
i dont see poetry in maths,only numbers and symbols >.< lol jk
but i also want to read 'how DID you study for exam?'how you manage your time/in class/at home/social life/part-time job/etc.

Michelle

Legendary
Kin
9,030💸
Kumi
3,787💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
i dont hate maths,well,not until i failed a few times and cant get into universities >.>
i dont see poetry in maths,only numbers and symbols >.< lol jk
but i also want to read 'how DID you study for exam?'how you manage your time/in class/at home/social life/part-time job/etc.
with a good teacher, a lot of practice, an orderly life and seriously... i had to prepare 3 different subjects, one of them math, so i had to study very much... no computer, no fun, a full time job, but no social life, but this worked...

Kazamori

Banned
Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I just listen carefully to what sensei says at class. And I read all my notes, day before exam or test.

But I'm hopeless with math subjects, that's why I picked studies without these subjects X]

Sharpism

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Sit near the front. Its been done in studies that the closer you are to the instructor the better your grades. If you find yourself bored, doodle on the pages. [I'm serious] If you occupy your mind you will STILL listen and ultimately learn.

"We learn...
10% of what we read,
20% of what we hear,
30% of what we see,
50% of what we see and hear,
70% of what we discuss,
80% of what we experience,
95% of what we teach others."

Chacha

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Back in college this is what I did. I must admit I was totally lazy most of the time, but ultimately you need to find your learning style.

1.) Try to listen to your professor as much as possible.
2.) If you can't try to listen into his drowse-inducing discussions, then get a book and bookmark the pages your prof's discussing. You may also try to take down notes, which will you stubbornly may not do. If so, just copy your classmate's by xeroxing or scanning them. :p
3.)Make use of your learning style jutsu:

I'm more of a jotting-down reviewer style type.
a.) I jot down all important terms in sheets of paper from my resource (book and notes). This will require effort and patience as it really pains me in the long run. Hence, no guts no glory. :p

The key is not to jot everything them, just the important terms and its opposite definition or explanation something that you could come up with and understand. You need to paraphrase, and more importantly, even try to use a phrase or a single word that represents the term.

b.)Use Mnemonics, which is good for enumeration. Say, for directions, there's NEWS:

North
East
West
South

Another, for colors of the rainbow, you can come up with a name such as Roy G. Biv

Red
Orange
Yellow
Green
Blue
Indigo
Violet

c.)Try to memorize and reiterate it to yourself over and over again until you fully get all those terms. It's a painstaking process, but for sure it's worth it. Since memorization is not enough, ask someone to elaborate things for you in terms you can fully comprehend. The latter part is good for essay types.

Hope this helps! :)

Last edited:

Ryu-kun

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The problem is,im no longer a student.It was actually 5 years ago(3 years ago was for National Diploma) last time i left high school,im not really that fresh anymore xD...Tuition class starts tomorrow.Ill try to get my groove back,too much distraction lately <.<'