Rohan

GFX Artist
Supreme
Kin
2,751๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
940๐Ÿ’ด
Thread starter #1
Cults are notoriously known to be imbalanced in mafia games because of alignment changes. In this thread you can discuss how game hosts can balance cults. You can give ideas on balanced game setups with Cults. You can also give play advice on Cults here.

Dr.Strange

Veteran
Kin
243๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
107๐Ÿ’ด
Awards
I am bit confused regarding cult. As far as i know they revive town player if mafia kills them at night phase.

Usually if you have more players in the game cult can play a definite role but i have definite doubt it can be seen anti mafia in the game as mafia and serial have to be careful even lynching town players.

I see it can be used in complex games but for simple vanilla i dont think we really need that. Hope i am wrong.

Rohan

GFX Artist
Supreme
Kin
2,751๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
940๐Ÿ’ด
Thread starter #5
I am bit confused regarding cult. As far as i know they revive town player if mafia kills them at night phase.

Usually if you have more players in the game cult can play a definite role but i have definite doubt it can be seen anti mafia in the game as mafia and serial have to be careful even lynching town players.

I see it can be used in complex games but for simple vanilla i dont think we really need that. Hope i am wrong.
Cults recruits alive players to their faction. They cannot recruit dead players. The reason why they cannot recruit members from the Mafia is because a recruited mafia member can reveal the identities of his teammates to the Cult. This causes the game to become imbalanced as the Cult can find out all the members of the mafia by recruiting one mafia member.

Other than Cults can recruit Townies, Serials and Independents.

It can be added in simple games with heavy restrictions to balance them out. A Cult will mostly appear in advanced games with many players.

Dr.Strange

Veteran
Kin
243๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
107๐Ÿ’ด
Awards
Cults recruits alive players to their faction. They cannot recruit dead players. The reason why they cannot recruit members from the Mafia is because a recruited mafia member can reveal the identities of his teammates to the Cult. This causes the game to become imbalanced as the Cult can find out all the members of the mafia by recruiting one mafia member.

Other than Cults can recruit Townies, Serials and Independents.

It can be added in simple games with heavy restrictions to balance them out. A Cult will mostly appear in advanced games with many players.
Some of them games i saw they revived players . In one of the games in oro jackson they revived captain hotshot .

Rohan

GFX Artist
Supreme
Kin
2,751๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
940๐Ÿ’ด
Thread starter #9
So the main problem with a Cult is the alignment change that happens when the game is in progress. To solve this problem, I thought about having the alignment change happening at early game state.

Let's take a game setup of:-

1 One Shot Cult Leader with factional Night Kill.
9 Vanilla Townies.

This game will have a Day Phase 0 where players can discuss with each other but voting will be disabled. After this will follow the Night Phase 1 where the Cultist will recruit one vanilla townie (Night Kill is disabled in Day 0). After N1 is over, the game setup will be:-

2 Cult members.
8 Vanilla Townies.

After N1, the Cult will essentially become like a Mafia faction. However, it is different in the sense that a recruit happened and the wolf, in this case, was able to bypass the RNG assignment of the roles by choosing his teammate after the RNG.

More setups to come...

Top Bottom