[Theory] How Madara escaped after his Final fight with Hashirama!

H A D E S

Kin
20💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Note: For anime only viewers this might contain spoiler.

So, I've always wondered about this fight and how Madara managed to escape in the end. After few research, I have come to a conclusion.
And here it goes:

1. Madara vs Hashirama, the end.

You must be registered for see images
Here, we can see that Hashirama clearly killed Madara.
Another thing (the middle panel): Hashirama realized that someone was watching them but when he looked up no one was there. He was too late and that person had already left.

I believe that this is the key to explaining how Madara actually managed to get out from that situation.
[Most probably a hint from Kishi as well.]

2. Madara and Muu
Kishi hasn't shown much of their connection, except (1)during the summoning of Edo Madara by Kabuto through Muu (2) and a small panel of Madara vs Muu and Oonoki.
I'd say they knew each other quiet well. Note the expression on Muu's face when Madara was summoned.
Kishi, are you trying to foreshadow some thing here?
Also, We have seen the Madara vs Muu and Oonoki scene quiet often now but never really knew about Muu's opinion & action, and the after-math of the fight.

But we can safely say that after Madara defeated Muu and Oonoki, Muu pledged allegiance to Madara. (whether he liked it or not)

3. Madara's Plan

Muu's Fission Technique

We all know about Muu's Fission Technique: This technique allows user to literally split his own body into two identical yet entirely independent duplicates of himself. Unlike Clone Techniques that only appear to be similar, the ability is instead a physical separation and so does not require hand seals to activate, making it faster in comparison as a result. This also means that even if one is incapacitated, the other remains completely unaffected and as neither can truly be regarded as the original, the duplicates cannot be dispelled like normal clones.

At first, I thought only Muu could use this technique. But I was wrong.

Zetsu could do it (basically the same).
Juubi did it (though in a different manner)
So, a powerful shinobi like Madara without a doubt could do it too.

The Plan

Madara, after observing Muu's Fission jutsu, comes up with a grand plan.
Accordingly, Madara acquired the Fission technique, either by observing Muu during their fight or by gaining info on the jutsu through Muu. (My bet is on the latter).
Then, Madara set out for one final clash against his rival/foe/friend Hashirama Senju in order to obtain his DNA. When Madara realized that Shinsuusenju was too powerful for him. He could have switched to his Plan B i.e., The Fission Technique.
(Remember the sole purpose was to obtain Hashi's DNA and get out of it alive. Whether He won or lost didnt matter). I also think that Madara actually wanted Hashirama to believe that he's dead.

If Madara could take down Hashirama then it was all good. But incase, Hashi was too strong, the Fission Jutsu would be the back-up plan.

In other words, the person who was watching Hashirama and Madara
is none other than MADARA himself (the other half).

And thats how Madara might have got out from that fight. But it would seem that after this incident Madara no longer possessed his prime power. But later he would acquire the Rinnegan the way he predidcted after deciphering the Uchiha Tablet of Naka Shrine, and thus came the idea of Project Tsuki no Mei!!

EDIT: As pointed out by an observant member (Jako98146):

Madara's wounded chest
The wound on Madara's chest can be explained in the following manner:
After splitting into two, any shinobi would wish to get his other half back (for power and stability of his body). In this attempt, when the half-Madara(alive) merged with the other Madara (stabbed), He might have received that wound. As Fission Jutsu splits a person, physically, into two so the wound on the other half affected the original Madara when the two merged.

I hope you enjoyed reading.
Post your opinions on what you think about this theory.

Thanks!! =D

Last edited:

OWanime

Elite
Kin
15💸
Kumi
18💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
this so reasonable xd thank you for bringing this theory to us XD I t makes so much sense and I believe it's why madara was simply a shell of his former self after the fight, great theory man

3MESSIAH

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
very good theory...it could be true...my first thought was that madara used genjutsu on hashirama as it was sort of indicated here

and when hashirama looked up it looked like as if the genjutsu was dispelled.

Saf4g914

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
this is one of the better theories i have read in some time. I'm a little mad i didn't come up with it myself -_- just one thing wasnt muu fission tech a keke genkai?

Jako98146

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
There's one problem.
Madara used the wound Hashi inflicted for the senju cells(I can't remember the chapter # but I believe it's during Obito's flashbacks)
If Madara used a fission clone, he never would have had the injury in the first place

Otherwise it's well thought out, and if I'm mistaken about the injury thing, then this is very plausible

The Sach

Legendary
Kin
41💸
Kumi
4,751💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Good theory, nice work...:win::win:
There's one problem.
Madara used the wound Hashi inflicted for the senju cells(I can't remember the chapter # but I believe it's during Obito's flashbacks)
If Madara used a fission clone, he never would have had the injury in the first place

Otherwise it's well thought out, and if I'm mistaken about the injury thing, then this is very plausible
I am not getting your point here, can you please elaborate??:)

3MESSIAH

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
There's one problem.

is this the page??

i thought about it too....this means it couldnt be neither genjutsu neither muu`s technique because the wound is there

maybe madara just got back up and left after hashirama passed out?:p

H A D E S

Kin
20💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Wow never thought of this. Well realized.
very nice theory bro.~!
check out mine in my signature too...its simply similar to yours too.!
this so reasonable xd thank you for bringing this theory to us XD I t makes so much sense and I believe it's why madara was simply a shell of his former self after the fight, great theory man
very good theory...it could be true...my first thought was that madara used genjutsu on hashirama as it was sort of indicated here

and when hashirama looked up it looked like as if the genjutsu was dispelled.
this is one of the better theories i have read in some time. I'm a little mad i didn't come up with it myself -_- just one thing wasnt muu fission tech a keke genkai?
The final stab wound, if it was a fission clone that Hashi killed, Madara never would have gotten the wound he implanted the DNA into

And I found the chapter:

Thanks Everyone!!....

@Jako: are you referring to Hashirama's face on Madara's chest???

Saf4g914

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
is this the page??

i thought about it too....this means it couldnt be neither genjutsu neither muu`s technique because the wound is there

maybe madara just got back up and left after hashirama passed out?:p
yeah but if it was fission tech couldn't the other half just comeback later and re join with the other half after all is said and done? Then he would have his wound and senju dna? Assuming it was fission tech.

Reactions: H A D E S

H A D E S

Kin
20💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Nice observation @ Jako.

I thought Kabuto screwed with Edo Madaras body and thats how he got it.

yeah but if it was fission tech couldn't the other half just comeback later and re join with the other half after all is said and done? Then he would have his wound and senju dna? Assuming it was fission tech.
Exactly!!

Last edited:

3MESSIAH

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
it`s possible but we dont know for sure.it wasnt shown if it works that way

3MESSIAH

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It is very likely possible as Fission Jutsu physically splits the person into two. So, the physical trait of the other will effect the origianal when both the bodies merge.
so all that remains is when he did it...

maybe he could have done it right after hashi was busy with apprehending kurama....we already saw that it is nigh undetectable

Reactions: H A D E S