Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Hey guys, you know who it is

Anyways, I've been talking to come ppl recently and we all have different opinions over this: How important is a HIGH SCHOOL education? Can you really judge someone who never finished high school? Lots of ppl have opinions about college but since high school is EXPECTED no one really talks about if someone never finished

Do you know any high school "drop outs"? How are they doing
Do you think high school is 100% NECESSARY?

The real reason I ask this..........
I'm dating someone new and when we discussed high school he nonchalantly said he dropped out in 9th grade and it isnt a big deal. He's 24 now and still no diploma or GED

Serious discussion

Excite

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
My dad doesn't have a HighSchool diploma he makes more money than my mom & sisters. My mothers a nurse, 1st sister a fashion coordinator, my 2nd sister a teacher don't let titles fool you if he's a nice good well organized guy, don't let this crappy system judge him and break you apart.

Reactions: YowYan

~Ethereal~

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
My dad doesn't have a HighSchool diploma he makes more money than my mom & sisters. My mothers a nurse, 1st sister a fashion coordinator, my 2nd sister a teacher don't let titles fool you if he's a nice good well organized guy, don't let this crappy system judge him and break you apart.
I hope so. :|

Chibiusa

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Shit not even McDonalds would hire ur man.

OT. It's pretty important if you don't wanna live on welfare until you die.
he lied on his job application about have a high school diploma....lol

ik ik lots of ppl make a living but it's just that all my friends are telling me to drop him just based on that one tidbit. ppl like him are just judged as failures and it sucks

Jack Spicer

Legendary
Kin
21💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It's not everything, but it's a good thing to at least have for your basics.

Be I agree with Excite. Screw the judging. Just find a way to make money at a job you enjoy and that is all that matters.

Bimbonium

Elite
Kin
7💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
HS education is pretty important, yeah there are a couple of people like Excite's dad, but your man seems to have a limited skill set, so it comes down to what can he do?

Last edited:

Chibiusa

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Nah i find that lack of personal goals, though i wont judge the being unless he tried his best.
well he says he dropped out because his attendance was really bad and they were threatening to make him repeat. imo that's not really trying your best but I still dont wanna judge because I still dont know the full story of like why his attendance was bad. never know

Didn't Bill Gates drop out of college?
most overused example lol not everyone is a genius like he was

HS education is pretty important, yeah there are a couple of people like Excite's dad, but your man seems to have a limited skill set, so it comes down to what can he do?
well he's working a minimum wage job atm so I'll just guess he has no useable skills

LordRaikage

Elite
Kin
54💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

ik ik lots of ppl make a living but it's just that all my friends are telling me to drop him just based on that one tidbit. ppl like him are just judged as failures and it sucks
That's not a good sign...annnnd i'm done.

Seventh Sama

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

His job place must be lazy af to not do a background check.

Yeah but Harvard didn't have classes that he was interested in or something like that. Besides he knew people in the industry. Not many people have that connection so it's not really wise to try to fellow in his footsteps.

Last edited:

Commander Axe

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Bill Gates dropped out of Harvard. A highly esteemed college in which he was already doing well at.

OP: Depends, if he can find a decent job and make enough money to support himself in the future, then sure thats good for him. Just make sure he stays motivated and doesn't let his lack of degrees be his downfall.