[Discussion] How far in are we into the new world saga? Halfway?

Naruto D Luffy

Legendary
Kin
81💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

It's nearly been 6 years since the timeskip (2010) and that was supposed to mark the halfway point of One Piece.

It's been going since 1997, so 1997 to 2010 is 13 years... half of that is 6.5 years. It's now nearly been 6 years, so safe to assume it's halfway now? From already declaring war on two Yonko's already and the current pacing I believe we are halfway right now.

However it's been about nearly 6 years since we have last seen Blackbeard & Shank's appear in the manga. Even before the timeskip they tend to appear at the end of each saga. I wonder when they are going to be reintroduced back into the manga. I find it just a bit odd it's taken this long for them to show their post timeskip appearance but I have faith Oda is going to make their reintroduction jaw dropping.

What are your thoughts?
:)

Parrish

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Halfway? Eh... would say 1/4th.

I think it'll honestly depend on Oda's health going forward, if it worsens the manga will probably be rushed.

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

It's nearly been 6 years since the timeskip (2010) and that was supposed to mark the halfway point of One Piece.

It's been going since 1997, so 1997 to 2010 is 13 years... half of that is 6.5 years. It's now nearly been 6 years, so safe to assume it's halfway now? From already declaring war on two Yonko's already and the current pacing I believe we are halfway right now.

However it's been about nearly 6 years since we have last seen Blackbeard & Shank's appear in the manga. Even before the timeskip they tend to appear at the end of each saga. I wonder when they are going to be reintroduced back into the manga. I find it just a bit odd it's taken this long for them to show their post timeskip appearance but I have faith Oda is going to make their reintroduction jaw dropping.

What are your thoughts?
:)
I'd hope it's not half already we've only had 3 islands even if they were good they haven't really made it far yet. Actually now I think about it maybe, I figured there would be about 7 islands they'd hit before reaching OP so having hit 3 islands already they may be half way through.

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'd hope it's not half already we've only had 3 islands even if they were good they haven't really made it far yet. Actually now I think about it maybe, I figured there would be about 7 islands they'd hit before reaching OP so having hit 3 islands already they may be half way through.
They've only technically hit 2, and after PH it's not exactly been an adventure... I love that things are starting to happen and the big boys are being introduced an all, but I'm actually missing the adventure element in the story. I mean, Zou had that I guess what with the poneglyph and all, but it was far to short for a for island to consist of mainly adventure as appose to the huge Dressrosa arc which was only half the SH's involved and focused on taking Doflamingo out... I would say that we're at max a third of the way through, however I would love Oda to finish the story in 2022

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
They've only technically hit 2, and after PH it's not exactly been an adventure... I love that things are starting to happen and the big boys are being introduced an all, but I'm actually missing the adventure element in the story. I mean, Zou had that I guess what with the poneglyph and all, but it was far to short for a for island to consist of mainly adventure as appose to the huge Dressrosa arc which was only half the SH's involved and focused on taking Doflamingo out... I would say that we're at max a third of the way through, however I would love Oda to finish the story in 2022
Wasn't it Punk Hazard, Dressrosa and now Zou which they already left oh and Whole Cake Island, 4. Or are you not counting Zou as an island? On the topic of DR, how many chapters do you think it will take to take out a Yonkou? It took the last few chapters of PH to set up and all of DR to happen. If that's the pattern it's gonna be over 100 chapters just to take out a Yonkou lol.

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Wasn't it Punk Hazard, Dressrosa and now Zou which they already left oh and Whole Cake Island, 4. Or are you not counting Zou as an island? On the topic of DR, how many chapters do you think it will take to take out a Yonkou? It took the last few chapters of PH to set up and all of DR to happen. If that's the pattern it's gonna be over 100 chapters just to take out a Yonkou lol.
I wasn't counting Zou, not because it wasn't it's own little arc, but because a log pose won't point to it, so it's not a part of the grand line so to speak, like Zou doesn't get them any closer to the end of the grand line if that makes as much sense to you as it does to me aha

And this is the thing, I was actually reading a little of the end of PH then to try and find something for another thread, Doffy goes rushing to PH at the end and I thought to myself, "Imagine if Oda had Doffy confront the SH's then", I presume they would have won, with a little more ease no less and it would have progressed the story, but then I realized that Law's plan was to start a war between Kaido and Doffy, it just happened that Luffy took Doffy out instead... Not mention we wouldn't have got the set-up that we did with Sabo and the mera mera, but with no new revelations like that and with Yonko's being the sole target, I hope Oda doesn't throw in more stuff like the colesseum as a side track in an arc which would then make them quicker... But he's now introduced the Vinsmokes, the Revs are gonna be another side story to spend time on, we have 2 different groups of SH's with their 2 stories going.. Really, before a yonko gets taken out, I think it's going to be a while.

EDIT: Although I do think Big Mom is going to become an ally of the SH's, I hope to see at the very least a clash between her and Luffy, but ultimately become an ally, so if you class that as "1 yonko" down, then maybe it won't take too long aha

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I wasn't counting Zou, not because it wasn't it's own little arc, but because a log pose won't point to it, so it's not a part of the grand line so to speak, like Zou doesn't get them any closer to the end of the grand line if that makes as much sense to you as it does to me aha

And this is the thing, I was actually reading a little of the end of PH then to try and find something for another thread, Doffy goes rushing to PH at the end and I thought to myself, "Imagine if Oda had Doffy confront the SH's then", I presume they would have won, with a little more ease no less and it would have progressed the story, but then I realized that Law's plan was to start a war between Kaido and Doffy, it just happened that Luffy took Doffy out instead... Not mention we wouldn't have got the set-up that we did with Sabo and the mera mera, but with no new revelations like that and with Yonko's being the sole target, I hope Oda doesn't throw in more stuff like the colesseum as a side track in an arc which would then make them quicker... But he's now introduced the Vinsmokes, the Revs are gonna be another side story to spend time on, we have 2 different groups of SH's with their 2 stories going.. Really, before a yonko gets taken out, I think it's going to be a while.

EDIT: Although I do think Big Mom is going to become an ally of the SH's, I hope to see at the very least a clash between her and Luffy, but ultimately become an ally, so if you class that as "1 yonko" down, then maybe it won't take too long aha
I see what you're getting at but then again it kind of does get them to the end of the Grand Line or at least to the OP since the poneglyph was there.

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I see what you're getting at but then again it kind of does get them to the end of the Grand Line or at least to the OP since the poneglyph was there.
That's true, I was talking about in terms of this though , where they have to follow a log pose to get to the next island..

But wasn't it that you're suppose to get to the end of the GL to then find out about the poneglyphs, then re-sail the GL to find them and piece together the history and secret to find OP.. But since they have Robin, they sort of skipped that step and are already on their way to doing so.. Not to mention anyways, it seems this second half of the GL is going to not follow the plan of 1 island to the next, so I guess Zou counts

Tomato God

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
New world saga wont be the last saga. I assume their will be two more. One that is actually getting to the end of the world and then the versus marine hq arc.