Supreme
Kin
6,121💸
Kumi
1,800💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I feel slowly all the freedoms we've come to love on the internet will be gone.

Seems big companies are starting to move online creating there own streaming network.

Also if you dont know youtube stands to lose family friendly content and creators with ftc coppa law.

Whats your predictions of the future online of freedoms we will have and if the small guy can still make it big online as they can now I feel the internets ushered a gold rush age where now the big guys are trying to stake there claims for its future.

kc5181

Regular
Kin
2,119💸
Kumi
234💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Streaming networks are good!

Advertising pays for the subscription and we get it for free. The days of pirating are over and should be over.

My prediction is faster bandwidth, don't get me going on faster bandwidth either 50 mbps is good enough with cable box internet and 1 Xbox in the house. Xfinity they charge us a buck and a dime for 300mbps, the only time we use that much bandwidth is when I buy a video game off Xbox live. Netflix only uses 15 maximum, with a recommendation of 50mbps. It is thievery to have fast bandwidth in a smaller family, because the contract of xfinity never ever allows a customer to go lower once they already have it, better off with 2 modems than higher speed.

GrapeApe

Regular
Kin
2,900💸
Kumi
15💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
i do believe advertisers and big market brands will have more control over the algorithms and what it is presented to us. i still think smaller people will be able to make it because of destiny, whatever you want to call it. ive learned fame and level of fame is something deeper thats not really logical or expected a lot of the times

at the same time i think it will always be free, my generation (im 27) and older generations, at least remembers a time before the internet. we're what they call immigrants to the internet. but people who are born with this freedom in their lives, a lot are getting into adulthood and will also move into positions of powers. i dont think theyll let stuff like how the FCC was trying to before fly

i cant say for how long. but id guess at least for a couple more generations, it wont be ultra controlled. its really hard to say though, im not a super tech person like that honestly but i feel like i understand people well. its definitely gonna be faster though, which is crazy because its already fast as hell but...

Reactions: kc5181 and Sagebee

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Streaming networks are good!

Advertising pays for the subscription and we get it for free. The days of pirating are over and should be over.
I don't think that's how Netflix works.

Pirate Life Bitch. Plus you should try to get the content saved as quickly as you can as we've seen an all digital access point can be altered which leads to the possibility that in 20-30 years etc. shows could be drastically different than how you remember them being aired.

Reactions: Sagebee

kc5181

Regular
Kin
2,119💸
Kumi
234💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Pirate Life Bitch. Plus you should try to get the content saved as quickly as you can as we've seen an all digital access point can be altered which leads to the possibility that in 20-30 years etc. shows could be drastically different than how you remember them being aired.
You must have no income

Reactions: Sagebee

Sagebee

Supreme
Kin
6,121💸
Kumi
1,800💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

Cyber outlaws for life✊

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Funimation.com and YouTube use advertising to pay without subscription you moron

Netflix is cheap Hule is lame
You can't really stream shows via Youtube though can you "moron" and if you try to stream or even upload copyrighted material it can be taken off. Also you said streaming networks, that means all of them since you didn't specify which ones fit your narrative. Get angry and deflect all you want just makes you look worse.

kc5181

Regular
Kin
2,119💸
Kumi
234💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You can't really stream shows via Youtube though can you "moron" and if you try to stream or even upload copyrighted material it can be taken off. Also you said streaming networks, that means all of them since you didn't specify which ones fit your narrative. Get angry and deflect all you want just makes you look worse.
You must lack empathy if you think that I am angry.

The last thing you overlook is VEVO on YouTube, they add official music videos with an advertisement. And no it doesn't mean all copyright material will be taken off, VEVO is an official copyright © for music so it will stay on YouTube.

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You must lack empathy if you think that I am angry.

The last thing you overlook is VEVO on YouTube, they add official music videos with an advertisement. And no it doesn't mean all copyright material will be taken off, VEVO is an official copyright © for music so it will stay on YouTube.
Name calling in a 2 sentence conversation is a pretty clear sign of anger.

Vevo is an approved channel on YT it's not unapproved copyrighted material like we were discussing. I said "if you try to upload copyrighted material it CAN be taken off" obviously if the copyright holder is the uploader it won't be pulled down. Keep tweaking the discussion until you're happy with your presentation I'm cool with it.